All Comments on 'New Year's Eve'

by doloresdivine

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
APeacefulPlaceTxAPeacefulPlaceTxalmost 14 years ago
Okay, but where's the story?

What you've show is a nice cameo with some sex, basically a scene looking for a story. Your writing flows, but I'd prefer story to sex. I guess that's one reason I enjoy the cheating wives stories. When well done by a good writer they generate 50 to 100 responses evenly torn between those who like the romance of justifiable reconciliation and the "burn the bitch" crowd. I would suggest you read some of Joesephus (my personal favorite) Ohio, Harddaysknight, the celt, the Wander (who now uses Denham Forrest,) and DanielQSteele1and try your hand at one of those.

Let me pose a challenge, how about a story where a wife who has almost decided to divorce her husband (who has no clue she's unhappy) allows herself to be seduced comes home and emasculates her husband by telling him she just got laid and is leaving. It is only when she's divorced that she realizes that she's made a mistake. How would she convince her now ex (who wants nothing to do with her) that she is the best of possible wives for him.

Remember if you take the challenge that the BTB crowd will hate you, but if you make it clear that the husband is the ultimate winner you'll still get a good score. Oh, and the story is more important than the sex.

There was a recent story "Dream Wife" with that general outline that was marked down because in the end she just used sex to fix the problem. I would love to see you write a STORY that tried to fix that ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous