All Comments on 'Essay: A Theory of Angry Cucks'

by LynnGKS

Sort by:
  • 168 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Interesting but...

You missed another possibility. Men our society have been told many things in the last few decades. One of which is that they must cater to women's needs and wants. That the power they may have had is no longer valid and that in fact they are not needed.

So you take a man that has been put down, has no real idea of his role in society and you offer him a story that illustrates his preceived powerlessness. What do you expect his reaction to be? I would say that it is very likely that reaction will be anger. What do you think LynnGKS?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
most deserve it

as a man who has been with married women . . and who has probably been cucked by ex's of mine . . I can say with complete confidence that most men fully deserve it when their wives spread their legs for other men . . . most men tend to be self-centered dimwits who after the initial conquest of a woman (with all the attendant effort and attention to her wants, needs, and desires) he then slips back into his own self-absorbed world and she is relegated to a very minor role on his priority list . . . . . . . . and men HATE to be reminded that in truth THEY are the ones who have brought it on themselves . . . . I suspect that is why you get the angry comments . . because some men get really pissed off when more than likely it is their own fault when their wife goes out and gets laid (and possibly preg) by other men

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 14 years ago
No real answers, except I almost

never delete comments and I get some ugly ones at times. Men are more complex than we may appear. Something may seem erotic to fantasize about, but we do have our pride. Most would much rather make our neighbor a cuck than become one. The former is cool and the latter is a nighmare. Many readers insist they want to kill the unfaithful wife and do far worse to the lover. To think that a man would willingly become a cuck causes barin clouds in many men. Some because they fear it might happen, or it has happened, or part of them wants it to happen. Others just hate the thought of some guy banging their woman. Why readers become so insulting, rather than just not reading the story is a mystery, especially those stories with Cuckold in the title. But then readers will check out interracial stories and go ballistic when races mix in the story. Why read it if they really do not like it? Is it possible they do like it but cannot admit it? I just accept it as human behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I Wonder Why You Write What You Write.

I think a ex really pissed you off and because of that you like to belittle men and in general piss them off. You do a pretty good job which is why I skip your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Are authors any better?

I used to post stories here but had them all removed some time ago, partly because I wanted to expose them in a different arena, but also because I felt that the people who were reading them were not capable of appreciating them as I would wish them to be appreciated. The reason I thought this was the very angry and insulting comments I received for stories which were frankly quite tame compared to many on offer here.

But I have another comment; among authors of Loving Wives stories there is a similar mindset. There are very many stories where the wronged husband recounts with gleeful self-justification the revenge he wreaks on the erring wife and her lover, and a common feature is the rigid "wrong me once and there's no going back because you're broken my trust and I'm such a manly man" attitude. Personally I feel that rigid obstinacy is often the refuge of the truly weak and ineffectual. So perhaps that's the real problem with some of our abusive readers - that they're wimps trying to convince themselves they're tough?

toesmantoesmanalmost 14 years ago
waste of good talent

You're not a bad writer, from the one story that I actually read. But, I write critical comments ["angry" to use your wording] because I do not like these stories, I do not like the arrant disrespect that a man is shown by that one who is supposed to love him the most. Most of all, I dislike these stories because they are typically found in "Loving Wives". While a wife who would take such actions against her husband, and a husband who would tolerate such disrespectful behavior may be your definition of a 'loving wife', to me it screams [see, 'angry' language again] of slut wife, and wimpy possible cum-sucking husband. If you want to write this kind of crap, by all means do so, it's still a free county {although I"m starting to worry when the White house bans a news organization}. Just accept that there are people like me who despise this kind of behavior, and will not accept any premise that purports to make this a 'loving wife" - husband relationship. Put a warning in the preliminary notes, or put these stories in the category where they rightfully belong, hell, let's call this behavior what it is - "FETISH". That's my explanation for my commenting, when I actually do so. If I get sufficient warning in advance that the husband is a wimpy cuck, then I pass on the stories; which is why I never read yours anymore.

seacoastcoupleseacoastcouplealmost 14 years ago
Thoughtful essay.....

I have been surprised and at times amused by the sheer quantity and the ferocity of the negative comments posted on the Hotwife and Cuckold themed stories on Literotica. I have come to believe that the vast majority of these mostly male, almost always anonymous posters are rather insecure individuals that are incapable of either having good relationships with attractive women or have spouses that are timid, most likely frumpy and dominated by these very individuals. These same men on their own free time feel empowered to go to strip joints and ogle scantily clad women or make demeaning comments about women in their workplaces. Their general lack of respect for women in society leads them to be controlling and threatened by women and relationships that allow for sexual freedom and equality in sexual play.

I suspect these posters are the same readers of bondage and incest stories. I pass on those types of themes as I have no interest and frankly, those themes border on poor taste if not illegal behavior in this country. Besides a small handful of outdated laws, there is really nothing illegal about extramarital play. Immorality aside, it is a life choice and not something to be threatened by.

Thank you for introducing this conversation to Literotica. Judging from the type of posts you have received thus far, it has sadly fallen on largely deaf ears.

zed0zed0almost 14 years ago
I dunno what the opposite of a misogynist is!

I just call it male bashing. It's not the cuckold fetish, it's the betrayal of trust. When a writer portrays a man accepting cuckoldry in the form of forgiveness, THAT is when you will see the anger surface. It insinuates that the forgiving (neutered) male will over look minor to major peccadillo(s), in the name of love. This is a quality more often attributed to women. When women writers, or male (non-men) writers with obvious closet cuck tendency's, write about some poor humiliated schlub, who is forced to stay in some sick sham of a marriage, because he is too needy/ insecure to get on with his life, and form healthy non-neurotic relationships with a decent honest women, is just downright insulting to men. I don't see a problem with a cuckold/humiliation/swinging/swapping fantasy/fetish, in fact it could be some kind fun. But to read a whole, and generally well written story, that has the man emasculated at the end, will insult most normal men (the "torch the bitch crowd" as the wimps, women, and non-men refer to us). Since we don't have (or are possibly not in touch with) our closet cuck fantasy, we resent being exposed to such seamy (wimpy) behavior, when all we were looking for was a bit of erotica (okay fucking) and justice (revenge) for the wronged party. For what it's worth I don't like stories where the guy cheats with no consequences either, but I read these stories for the tension created when some hapless guy discovers his spouse is balling someone else, and how he handles it. For years I just quietly accepted the wimp out endings, and would even give high scores to disgusting wimp out, reconcile at all costs stories, just because they were well written. My epiphany came with the realization that a crappy story was a crappy story no matter how well told or written. If I don't like the story or it's ending, my comments to the author are not me trying to tell them how to write or end a story, my comments to the author are me telling them I didn't like the story because of content or ending or both. So while I may be battling wind mills, I believe my crusade is a noble one. To defend male honor against the forces wimpydom, and to comment with fervent fervor against stories that propagate an agenda of cheating without major consequence.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I don't like "cuck" stories but I read them ...

because you can't tell if they are going to be a real "cuck" (ie: humiliation) story or a genuine wife watching/couple's story type of story. For instance your stories I have ready maybe the first two chapters discovered that they aren't really my cup of tea and left the rest alone.Mind I don't hate them and I don't judge and leave nasty comments for the author or anyone who likes that type of thing.

I do HATE "revenge" stories which seem to me mind to be mainly about the wronged husband being as misogynistic as he possibly can (If I hear the phrase "alienation of affection lawsuit" again I'm going to puke). Some stories can be somewhat in between (such as Ohio's) and these I do enjoy as they usually involve growth in both characters and often end in reconciliation. But again people like revenge stories so I don't attack the genre or leave comments.

What I don't see anymore (beyond the quick "my wife is a slut and I love it" type stroke stories that occasionally pop up here) is serious stories in the loving wives category that show loving couples experimenting with wife watching/sharing together in a non humiliating and progressive way. There used to be lots of these type of stories written but now Loving Wives stories seem to be either cuck or Revenge with nothing in between except the cheap stroke stuff. I still think the best story I've ever read on this site was Neighborhood Wives : Maddy by kicksaveandabeauty even though I hated "maddy" as I thought she did the dirty on her husband in a "cuck" type way that was never explained. As for repressed cucks .. I see many of them commenting in loving wives but most express themselves in such a base "kick the slut out" manner hidden behind their so called "christian" values that I do not take them seriously. You shouldn't either.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
You wanna know why?

Because most cuck authors troll us and mislead us. Like in a movie where you are promised a happy film with a good ending in the trailer and get the exact opposite in the movie-theater.

Also , sometimes the authors present their fetish with extreme high and mighty attitude , for example: "nothing compares to how erotic this lifestyle is" and the like. Spare me , it's just a fetish.

A few more times , the story is just gay sex or cuck stories 'end up' in wrong categories , like incest or romance for example.

These are my reasons. I think they are reasonable as are my comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
most people

we are what we are, most people have morals even if they read stories on this site. You are taught when you are young not to touch fire but curiosity lures you so you must be pretty simple if you can't see why you make most people sick with these stories, but in the end you came up with oh they must be closets cucks, why am i not surprised people who do sick things think every body is like them.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
Lynn... that was very insightful

before I read your eassy I use to think that you were a unbeleiveably bad writer with a chip on her shoulder caused by her ex and that you were simply on a mission to make everyone;s else lifes miserable by writing the worst stories possible... stories that are so bad that by the time the reader gets to the end of your stories they say to themselves...

....." God damn sonofabitch I justed wasted 5 minutes of my life...."

I use to think that...

but after reading your essay I now realize that in the end you are Just a stupid cunt.

Thanks for clearing that up

harry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Haha!

I know I've done my job as a commenter when the author writes a blubbering "you guys are all terrible!" "essay" You might as well just puss the hell out like Just Plain Bob and go user comments only, because now that we know how thin skinned you are, it's only going to get worse for you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Harry

I couldn't have said it better, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Missed number four

<p>Four:</p>

<p>Those who start to read then stop when they realized how shitty the story is becoming.</p>

<p>Then they leave negative comments.</p>

<p>I stopped reading at your 'analysis', simply because of the above.</p>

<p>My MO is to read until the part about the husband being a wimp then skip to the end to see if he bothered to grow a pair.</p>

<p>As for comments... YMMV.</p>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Ain’t it beautiful!

Even when their cuck fetishes are fully repressed, they are attracted to a cuck story like moths to a flame and their threatened, subconscious minds spew angry words, as involuntary as a wet dream. Laugh at them folks – it is applause for their subconscious. The louder they shout – the closer to their conscious minds their repressed fetishes are. She’s cucking them for you and they help her elevate cuckoldry to the level of a spectator sport, for your entertainment. Enjoy it.!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
After reading your essay Lynn I have a question for you...

I think the previously mentioned #4 was painfully obivious. Some readers do not like cuck stories and dont read them unless they are slipped into the plot unannounced. How did you miss that option? Is it possible that you were looking for all of the Repressed Desire options to justify the anger you find if you slip in a cuck sequence into a story? I neither condone nor practice the personal attacks that some readers employ but I understand the resentment felt when a writer slips that into a story. If you want to write a cuck story thats fine as I am sure it appeals to some people but just let us know. If you do and you find anger you have your answer. Mike in Missouri

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
The main problem is Literotica categories

Here's a fourth theory: the problem is how Literotica classifies stories. Most categories are pretty clear: incest, interracial, and so on. Yes, there is the kind of person who goes to a clearly marked incest story and then complains about it because it contains incest, and the like with other categories, but that is rare. But with Loving Wives stories, there are two main types that are almost the opposite in nature, and it is often hard to know what you're going to get. In one type, someone cheats, the spouse finds out, and then there's trouble. Sometimes the couple patches things up and sometimes they divorce, but the cheating always is seen as a problem. And then there's the cuckolding stories, where there is arousal and often approval of the cheating. These are totally opposite kinds of stories, and it's very rare to see any blend of the two. There really needs to be two separate categories: Cheating and Cuckolding. Until that happens, there will be too many people hoping to find a cheating story only to find it's a cuckolding one and getting upset, or vice versa. As an analogy, imagine if there was no separate Incest category, and those stories were just scattered in with other categories like Erotic Couples and Romance, and so forth, and imagine how many more upset readers there would be. The idea that the complainers are all repressed homosexuals and wanna-be cuckolds is just more male bashing. If Literotica isn't going to fix the problem, then people who write cuckolding stories should preface their stories with a disclaimer: "This is a cuckolding story. If you don't like that kind of thing, please pick a different story now!" Some authors already do that. It would be great if more would.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 14 years ago
Hmmm

That's a lot of analysis Lynngks, personally I get irritated that cuck writers portray weak husbands in weak light of epic proportions.... Too far afield in the realm of fantasy. Real guys like me get irritated at the complete lack of male response in a character such as Bobby in your series, love for his wife couldn't make a typical guy that weak ... Thank you for sword weilding heman who castrated mr. Big dick. For me, could a real guy be turned victim by a lover, could he tolerate a tryst because he is better off with her sure, but us guys want to see our husband regain his feet, pride and get redemption and or revenge as the husband is one of us, we must come out of thisto the better. Anything less is A wrong ending in our eyes. No I am not a repressed closet bi sexual homo. Your writing is quite good by the way, but some stuff from other authors ...... That is where the repressed homosexuals are, behind the pen.

maxflymaxflyalmost 14 years ago
You cross the line!

It is no surprise you get negative comments, Lynn. Once you cross the line into true cuckolding, as so many of your other commenters have pointed out, you enter the realm of fear and unadmitted desire for many men.

My own stories revolve around a couple trying to make sense of their sexuality. The theme leans only slightly toward cuckolding and even that was enough to send many commenters over the edge. I delete some comments, but only the ones that are extremely rude or vulgar. I do that simply because I don't want such trash associated with the stories I worked so hard to write. Yet, even vulgar comments are better than no comments at all. At the very least I know I have evoked a response in my readers.

I had not read any of your stories before today, but before I commented on your essay I did so. Your writing is as good or better than most out here and I enjoyed the way you portrayed your characters thoughts. You delve deeper into some areas that are not a turn on for me, but the plots and characters are intruiging none-the-less. Nice work!!

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 14 years ago
A few more considerations

Well written essay. I usually don't like cuckold stories because (1) they are usually formulaic and no different than the thousands of other cuck stories already on the site, (2) they usually involve disrespect of the man, (3) there's usually little or no love displayed by the wife, (4) I have raised children in the aftermath of a divorce caused or aggravated by infidelity - IRL I did not put up with my ex's cheating and my children and I paid the price for this. The test for a cuckold story for me is, can you reverse the sexes in the roles and have a credible story? Darcysweet and I tested this with one of her stories, and her story worked when reversed. I think it is all about mutual respect (or lack thereof). For example, "The Bought Husband" by JPB works because (1) it is clever and well written, (2) the characters in the story never give up their dignity, and (3) like Darcy's story, it could be credibly reversed.

energystarenergystaralmost 14 years ago
I agree mostly with HDK.

my personal view on cuck stories are..

1. if it is a cheating wife story, I really look for the emotion of the story. Often do not care about the outcome because it is the writer's story. I take it was it was written. If the story was told well, I will like it.

2. If it is a story were the wife cheats, boyfriend stays over, wife has no respect and husband is humiliated and masturbates. I just get stop reading.

3. An excepting is stories by Good Husband. Still not my cup of tea, but there the Wives did respect their husbands. It was agreed that this is what both liked. Almost kind of sweet.

4. There are stories where the husband is in full controls, but lets his wife have sex with others. Again I stop reading these, but have no problem.

Conclusion - I can not understand why someone would like 2 or 3, but so be it. I cannot handle 4 myself, must have real self confidence. But for others..have at it. This is a free site, so I take what I can get out of it and be thankful for that.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 14 years ago
My experience

I vicariously relate to the husband. The stories that anger me are the ones where the husband is disrespected and "mistreated" or abused by the wife. I half expect the assholes who do the "cucking" to be disrespectful, as it is part of the need of people who need to fuck other peoples spouses.

I also vicariously experience the pain the cuckholded husband feels. If he is forced to feel shame and/or pain, I experience anger.

I haven't read past the first paragraphs of the story but wanted to relate my experience -- as if anybody gave a shit.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 14 years ago
I Like To See

people question behavior. Their own as well as others. I can't really say I've read any of your stories, unless you consider this a story. I can't say I care much for your assessment of the behavior of your male readers if in fact they are male, but then I'm one of those physiological behaviorist. I can't speak for all your readers (especially Harry) but I classify cuckold stories into two categories, willing and unwilling. I don't read willing cuckold stories. They don't disturb me I just don't care for them, much in the same way you don't care for bondage stories. Unwilling cuckold stories are about trust. For me a more sacred trust than trust between siblings or with your parents. It's about history, that's why I like the perpetrator to get caught and have to deal with the consequences. Whether they get back together or not is immaterial as long as it's well written and the plot is half way concievable. So, in that regards your title is pretty accurate. Maybe sad or hurt cucks would be more appropriate since "Pain breeds aggression", Dr Ulrich, 1962. I believe the same way as you when it comes to unwilling cuckolds being a fetish. It's simply learned. Given a persons' history of experiences allows the character of some to become excited when watching their wives having sex with others. I'm not only suggesting an overt experience like their parents engaged in that behavior so they find no malice with it. It could be a combination of subtle experiences both punishing and rewarding accompanied by their corresponding hormonal responses that could make one susceptible to willing cuckoldery. The reasons are many. Of course, your Sin Theory is nonsense, at least in my opinion. Behavior is not good or bad it just is. Society determines whether behavior is appropriate or not. What was appropriate centuries ago is not now. Who can say what will be appropriate in 100 years. It also varies from culture to culture. There are still places that it is OK to excute an unfaithful wife. I don't think that's right but they do. In fact, they would probably admire the man that would make such a sacrifice just to do what was right. Like shooting your favorite hunting dog because she bit you. Don't even get me started on religion, I mean "Man Made Laws on How to Worship God". Then there's your assumtion about readers of Literotica. You elude that readers of Literotica and righteousness are mutually exclusive. That's like saying people that go to church don't sin but I digress All this stuff about repressed homosexual desires is pretty shallow thinking, also. That would be like me, as a behaviorist, saying that all gays are the way they are because sexual stimulation feels good no matter what gender is providing it. After awhile the person becomes conditioned to associate the sexual pleasure with same sex partners. The difference between a gay and a bi person is that the gay person associates some real or concieved aversion towards the opposite gender. The aversion may even be as subtle as societal pressure to get married and raise a family, hetrosexually speaking. As to why some readers respond so violently to your stories is a very interesting question. In the first, place I have found that most people don't have a clue when it comes to behavior, especially their own. Most just get a physiological reaction from your stories and don't even bother to wonder why and being in an anonymous setting just write obscene responses because there are no consequences for doing so. Obviously, not even any internal ones (respect for others and other abstract covert behavior learned by the more advanced members of the species). And you are probably correct in assuming that there are some incredibly naive people that think their obscene comments are punishing to you and you will eventually stop. A very good example that people don't have a clue as to why they do what they do. For all they know you love obscene language but if you did I doubt you would write this piece. Well, that's my two cents. My next patient is here. She thinks that wanting to have sex with others besides her husband makes her crazy. She's even started attending church three times a week because her Priest suggested she do so. I'm surpised he didn't suggest an exorcism. This is going to be one of those longterm patients. First I have to undo most of what she was taught as a child before I can start her on a path of self-assuredness and confidence. Thank God for parents that no nothing about behavior. They are making me rich. Remember, if it feels good, Watch Out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Food for thought!

At one stage, in English history, the highest crime in the land was treason while the second was petty treason which covered, among other things a wife killing her husband or a subordinate having sex with the superior’s wife or daughter. Is it any wonder that, even in today’s more permissive society, the stigma of such crimes remains?

Cuckoldry will be a thing of the past once the institution of marriage is completely destroyed and present trends make that very possible. Some will fight nobly to preserve marriage and thus, in doing so, will allow wives to still make cuckolds out of their husbands. Each coin has a flip side as do life’s little ironies.

Regards

guitarman100guitarman100almost 14 years ago
Yeah right!

It is interesting that you say you don't like bondage stories. Most cuck stories are borderline if not outright BDSM stories. They involve the physical and mental degradation and humiliation of another person. What is the difference between a submissive sex slave in a BDSM story and a submissive husband in a cuck story? In my opinion, not much. In one type of story they are usually male and in another they are mostly female. So I would say it depends on which sex the reader is as to what story they might prefer except that my guess is a lot of the writers of cuck stories are homosexual males as a lot of them end up with the husband handling the lover's equipment if not out and out having sex with him. Gee, maybe that's why you spent so much of your essay on discrimination against "gays"? So why do I read cuck stories if I don't like them? Well I don't read many. Usually because I am bored and there aren't any of the type Loving Wives I do like posted. Unfortunately for my taste, there seem to be a lot more cuck stories in this category than the type of story that HDK,slirpuff, DanielQSteele or others write. And of course there is the forlorn hope that the husband will finally come to his senses and realize that humiliation is really not healthy for him or anyone else.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
duel theories

I always wonder why its so much better taken if the husband is with someone else than if the wife does so. Being a bi-fem who has seen abit on husbands looking for on side or wifes why its ok for a guy to take a lover on the side but not the wife if she needs more sex?

KirkelKirkelalmost 14 years ago
It's a manhood thing!

It goes both ways, the disrespect of a spouse makes me emotionally angry. The idea of the cheat, the deceptive reasoning leading to one betraying another repulses me. If I read a cuckold story, and I have, I'm just hoping the guy is going to man up and somehow find a bit of retribution on the cheaters when he finds out. It doesn't need to be physical but somehow the cheat needs to feel similar pain and loss.

In most of the stories involving this it is the male it happens to. Its my opinion that if a man has something taken from him, his wife's respect, her fidelity, the trust, to somehow think this situation would be a turn on, an aphrodisiac, well it just doesn't add up or compute! I think this is crap a justification for some controlling bitch to cheat.

I don't know where the concept that a man would be willing to let someone fuck his wife, not let him, and somehow this control isn't really cheating.

I'm not afraid of some suppressed cuckold fetish or feel some threat to my manhood. This concept of someone wanting this is just foreign to me. The anger in me comes from the disrespect and theft. For someone to get away with it is even more angering. Doing this to a man is in no way love. If they don't love them what the hell are they with them for?

If done to me, they've lost me! (Just my opinion)

meridithmeridithalmost 14 years ago
My Opinion.

Those who become angry and post vicious comments are typically those who very likely have been pained at one time or another.

I have dealt with males that suffer from performance concerns as a result, there can be a feeling of lack of self worth, that can overwhelm reason.

It is not always the male.

It can often end sadly in violence, we see it on the news daily.

For others, being cuckolded offers a feeling of power and control, yet this can demonstrate both ways. The power comes from allowing. It is extremely difficult to understand how allowing, or knowledge and acceptance of being cuckolded is also a feeling of power, yet it can be.

Thus we often see the male encourage, or even the female encourage although much more rarely.

Those who prefer the dominance, humiliation are sometimes powerful men on the outside and in their daily lives.

Sex is a monstrous human urge, so is power and the need for control. There is little difference between those emotions. Often giving up that powerful need for control offers a moment of peace.

Thus the urge to control can even appear as an acceptance of humiliation.

One interesting thought might be that those most outraged and vocal on the subject are simply ones with similar urges, that are suppressed by upbringing and society.

My first mate went into rage at my denial of his wishes and nearly made me into a statistic, my second mate has softer underlying urges that I do my best to please.

It helps to keep the peace. Difficult subject, with a myriad of possibles.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
The other side of the coin - cuckqueen

My girl really likes the opposite of the usual cuck stories. Ones where she gets to watch me enjoy another beautiful woman, while she is kneeling by our bed (or chained in the corner).

It is the denial or delay of her own pleasure that really gets to her. I simply enjoy two things: watching her squirm and beg when that aroused, and the lovely guest in our bed. Yes my girl leaves a puddle, because she's that turned on.

AnotherClosetReaderAnotherClosetReaderalmost 14 years ago
Internet superhero.

This type of place allows someone to become that big man so full of machismo that they are so far removed from in daily life. A mild mannered guy can come in here, see the injustice done to the male character and demand in a show of solidarity that wrongs be righted. Or, if it's a bad day he can lambaste the guy and call him every name under the sun, the kindest of them being wimp, because "If anyone did that to me I'd..." . And the reader can wield all of this power from his Fortress Of Anonymity, safe from all recrimination but 'moderation' from the author. That sets of a whole different set of reactions, not going there.

ohioohioalmost 14 years ago
Thanks for your thoughtful essay

It's a shame, but revealing I guess, that even this submission (which in no way valorizes the idea of cuckoldry, but merely raises questions about it) led to so many furious, emotionally heated rants (Harry in Va's being typical both of him and of the genre--the man simply appears not to have an "off" switch for his feelings).

My own take is that cuckolding stories frighten some readers--because it might happen to them, because they secretly both fear and desire it, because humiliation is an issue for them in one way or another.

And, of course, the anonymity available to commenters means that they can spew venom without having to take responsibility for it--one of the down sides of our Internet culture.

I hope you'll keep writing, and shrug off the hate mail (some of which I get at times as well). I think your stories are thoughtful and engaging, sometimes very powerful. At times I personally truly hate what your wives do to their husbands--my anger and pain is visceral and powerful--but to me that testifies to how well you write.

Most readers, I hope, understand that authors are NOT their characters, that they are fictional creations. But clearly some readers forget this....

Thanks for your stories--ohio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
nail

Frankly, I think you hit the nail on the head when you talk about the guys who hate cuck stories so much. They are simply afraid of their own impulses and urges. Secretly, they want to be there, they want to be the one to have the nerve to experience it but the fear of being a "homo" or less than macho is too much for them to handle.

Over my life time, I have heard many, many men bash gays and then a few years later, they finally come out of the closet themselves.... certainly a pattern and an argument for "those who yell loudest' are the most worried about their secret desires.

Interesting the comment that was written about cuckoldry being abusive to wives, when in fact, the wife is voluntarily joining into the lifestyle. What I find offensive are the guys who betray their wives or girlfriends by taking covert photos (sleeping, undressing, etc.) of them and, without their knowledge, posting them all over the internet. That, to me, speaks volumes about a person's character, violating a trust of a spouse or loved one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
people who like to hurt others are sick

why would a wife,who love her hubby want to hurt him in that manner.there mental issues on both sides.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
It is a combo of reasons

As usual, its a bunch of factors IMHO.

1. I see more of these stories on Lit. lately and it gets boring but seems to generate readership (duh, controversy sex sells). I still read many because I find them either amusing in their outright absurdity or compelling stories about love/betrayal etc..

2. I know I bristle at many of these stories because they are part and parcel of western societies constant bashing of men (and their sexuality) these days in media. Fantasy or not, a man who engages in this type of action is likely dooming himself to slavery in the real world. There are plenty of men who have no interest in the fetish but the state damn near makes it happen anyway in divorce.

3. Some are the "deniers in the closet" types I'm sure but this is a far overplayed meme in our society.

4. Cuckolding to men is generally equal to how women view rape/serial abuse. IMHO, it is the absolute worst betrayal a woman can do to a man in a relationship. So its a major taboo and that helps make it "hotter" or tantalizing to some and enrages many others. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Hexxed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Wrong Wrong Wrong!

I have just about tried everything, a lot of things more than once. Three ways, group, a couple of gangbangs, which no author on here has cause they are just nasty and the woman a real slut to do it, even had a guy suck my dick, but it turned me off. But a willing cockold as written about on lit is just pathic, no body is threatend, just turned off. Any man with normal testerone finds it offensive, what is so hard to understand about that?

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 14 years ago
Just some thoughts

I have wondered some of the same questions, LynnGKS, when I read repeatedly identical comments from the same readers about disparate stories. As reader, my style is rather childishly simple, if I don't care for a story I stop reading and go on to another or something else. I don't finish, I don't vote, I don't comment, I just pick up my pail and leave the sandbox.

I have posted two stories here on Lit, one a lengthy novella and the other a short vignette, and both deal with a wife who has one or more outside of marriage lovers. In line with a firm personal belief in free speech and non-censorship, I did not delete any negative comments. Some were substantive and helpful, many were just inane. The ones I found most puzzeling were those who claimed they saw my name, skipped the story, and went straight to the comments section to tell me I must be gay, a wimp, a low-life moron or whatever. All of that is discernible from a story title?

There is a tendency in many comments to Loving Wives stories that supports a point of view I find personally repugnant, that is the implied ownership of a wife by husband as a cultural norm. I don't believe in that sort of relationship in literature and I don't care for it in real life. Unfortunately, I think many guys do believe just that sort of servitude is morally and culturally correct. It is even more unfortunate that many women seem to accept that viewpoint.

I am not sure I have added to your discussion, but I am glad you raised the point. There is one thing that really should be considered and that is the definition of the word cuckold. It is really quite simple: A man with an unfaithful wife. Period, no more, no less, no substitutions. There is no why, how many, with whom, or any role for the husband; like so many things it is up to the woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I think you are wrone and also to nail on the head..

I always attack the writers of the wimp/humility slut wife stories. For the most part they are the mastubatory fantasies of some wimp writer. So your theory is full of holes about repressed homosexuality ect. It is an attack on my intelligence to suggest otherwise. It angers me that Lit publishes the jerkoff stories of humility writers and try to pass them off as real. If you really had a degree in psyche as you suggest you would know that most theories are sticky ,smelly stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Flaming Bags of Poo!

You and your friends/associates must be consuming the same diet, after all, your collective thoughts bear a myopically similar self-serving perspective, eliminating far too many other possibilities. So characteristic, eh, can't possibly see where you're going with your head shoved so far up your own arse. Just remember, should your door bell ring, and you come to find a burning paper bag on your stoop, try to resist your intial urge to stamp it out.

Master_VyleMaster_Vylealmost 14 years ago
Five Star All The Way

The answer is simple. This is a collection of idiots who have no better way to spend their time. As far as their comments go I've deleted comments as they were posted because I do not believe in dignifying comments from people who do nothing but leave deragatory and abusive comments and have never written. This is the only way they can bully people and get away with it. The only deragatory comments I have ever left up were all the comments on my own essay, Loving Wives: Is Meant To Be Ironic, so that they could stand as a testament to ignorance. All my other thoughts on the subject can be found there.

- Master Vyle

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
Theory number # 5....(and Harry was wrong....

...you're just a hypocrite,don't like bondage my ass)- why do people look at an accident on the highway??????That covers the range of reasons people might read those stories, certainly not all of them like "train wrecks" but they are seductive. Just think how few people would read these sad tales if it were just the "fans".

inspirixisinspirixisalmost 14 years ago
Great

I loved this post. I have noticed the same thing with religion in my stories. As soon as you say the character doesn't believe in god all hell breaks loose. I just delete the comments because I don't want to give the loonies a platform to shout from. The question is, if you're so pure and godly what are you doing reading erotic stories? Shouldn't you be at church praying for your soul or something?

The thing that is disturbing though is that my characters are basically 'good' people as defined by the bible. They form monogamous relationships and live responsibly and with sensitivity to the people around them, but in the minds of a lot of readers that is all negated by the fact that they don't believe in god. It doesn't say much for the kindness and tolerance that these people supposedly learn from their religion.

RasputnRasputnalmost 14 years ago
Cuck madness

Just as their are many types of cuckold stories there many reasons why someone would like or dislike these stories. If a person has an issue with cuckold in general move on to the type that you enjoy.

Maybe there is an issue with a female writer of these stories. Also don't assume to much about the reasons people like a story its to complicated.

In a Cuckold story there are the cuckold, the hot wife, and other man. I choose to identify more with the other man then the cuckold and enjoy the stories from that perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
nail on the head

Your article was interesting and the responses more so. I think it's sad that even to attempt to open a serious discussion of the topic has been met with such anger. Specifically, it's a shame that two of the more vocal and well sorry, but I can't quite use the term "eloquent" posters, at least when it comes to discussing the motives of main characters and also the authors of certain stories in this genre, Harry and Pete, have so little to say concerning their own motives for reading stories that they know going in they are going to hate.

Harry refused to examine any of the issues you have posed and instead used the fallacy of an ad hominem attack as his only feedback. And Pete, your analogy was false, reading one of these stories is not like glancing over at a train wreck. If a train wreck is your chosen imagery, then it would be like getting out of your car and walking over to the site of the accident. And then examining in detail the broken and bleeding bodies of the victims while they are still moaning in pain. In other words, It's not the sort of thing a sane person would do.

And so, since I haven't really read any responses so far that come close to explaining a stark contradiction, and since you two usually do seem to able to put forth at least nearly intelligent arguments, I'd really like to ask you both again, what I consider to be the most interesting question posed by this author. Leaving aside the stories where you don't suspect cuckolding is going to be a theme, why do you guys still read these stories? For example, Lynn and Bobbie are now in Chapter 10 how do you explain even to yourself that you are still reading it if you truly hate stories about cuckolding?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Wow talk about attacking comments.

I have read all comments up til now and see a variety of responses. There are those manly men who talk about disrespect and violation of trust, then there are the individuals who intellectulize the entire human response.

The manly men as they call themselves have huge issues with a significant other seeking other avenues of having needs met. Those needs have appearently been overlooked, ignored or outright dismissed as inferior to the man's own needs. That is a problem!

I pose a question, why is it okay for a man to go to a bar or stripclub, pickup someone and get blowjobs, handjobs and the like but not consider it cheating? On the same course why is it so problematic for a woman to do similar things and be labeled a slut, whore or a man-hating bitch that cheats? Why do womens needs mean so much less than mens needs?

Lets be absolutly honest here, if someones needs are not being met inside of a relationship there will be straying. This straying does NOT just occur to one gender; all are created equally. It is part of being human that makes us all want to be desired and made to feel sexy. This response reinforces a bond between two partners. If this response is not present then one partner will seek others to form a connection, even if only for that moment.

I would have to say that if an individual has a very instense response to this idea of cuckold then maybe they need to explore why it causes the reaction it does. The response of it is immoral and degrading are cop-outs because you are unwilling to really look at your own emotional, behavioral contributions to a significant other having their needs met elsewhere. There may also be some guilt of behaviors no one caught them at. It is NOT unusual for a cheater to project their behaviors onto their significant other in order to feel justified by their own behavior.

Does tend to make one think. Great essay! Keep up the good work:)

~~Sara

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Theories of reaction to cuckold stories

Nice discussion to start.<br>

There are certainly people that have a lot of vitriol to spray. I can somewhat accept that being expressed about a story although I question what value it has to get so angry. However it has no value, IMO, to go after an author personally. I may not know what a story is going to be about but I sure know how authors write after reading their stories. If you don't like their work, skip it. <br>

Your second point was about criticizing sin. I would argue that while some commenters might be in that specific category, more people would be fighting injustice. When a woman is abusing a man or taking advantage of his fetishes AGAINST HIS WILL I have a problem with the story. In these cases the woman is just being cruel. There is no real love in the relationship. I want justice for the character. If their is actually a loving relationship the woman is doing things FOR her husband even if on the surface they might seem cruel. This is true about BDSM stories as well. A good writer makes this obvious. A woman who just starts pushing her husband around and emotionally and physically abusing him just cries out to have her ass kicked. Just like a guy who abuses his wife needs some comeuppance. It's justice. The bad guy shouldn't win. <br>

Third, what if you don't like cuckold stories? Can't you just avoid them? I agree with others that state that the loving wives category is a collection of polar opposite stories and it is often hard to know what you are going too get. After committing time to reading a story you feel you should rate and comment on it. That is valid for a reader to do. I don't expect you to stop writing cuck stories because I criticize but I still have the right to criticize. I try to be respectful and stick to discussion of the story. <br>

I happily admit that cuck stories are not my cup of tea and I have no empathy for a man who wants to be cuckolded. But if that's what a character wants, more power to him and the author. I am not seeking out these stories but find it hard not to trip over them in this category.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 14 years ago
Interesting Analysis

Like you with bondage stories I also try not to read cuckold stories. Sometime I end up reading one before I come to the conclusion that it will end up a cuckold story. But I’m not going to slam the author. It’s my fault for reading it. I really appreciate the authors that warn me at the start that theirs is a cuckold story. While you’re probably correct with some of your analysis I don’t feel any fit me personally. The first two I avoid and the third definitely is not me. My grandfather was a 20 year Marine and I spent a great deal of my youth with him. He was retired and took me everywhere with him. He also instilled his values in me….honor, commitment, loyalty, etc. If everyone was like me lawyers would be out of work. My word is my bond. I have little respect for willing cuckolds. I feel they disrespect themselves as well as their wives. If you want to fuck around don’t get married. The wives that make their husbands unwilling or unbeknownst cuckolds really piss me off. My first wife did this to me and rest assured I don’t find it appealing in any shape or form. What she did shattered my core beliefs. Yes, I find cheating wives stories, TV shows, movies, etc. interesting for some reason but not because of a repression of a cuckold fetish. Probably because I’ve been there, done that. I’m also a revenge type guy. You wrong me and you’ll pay the price. My first wife and “lover” discovered that the hard way. This has gotten longer than I want so I'll stop here. You’re a good writer from the little bit I have read of yours. Unfortunately I just don’t like your themes.

RifflerRiffleralmost 14 years ago
I'll go with theory 3

There are a lot of (male) consumers of erotica who aren't actually interested in erotica so much as simple porn. They dislike stories which involve women wielding any sort of power or making any sort of decision. Their hostility is therefore mostly expressed in reaction to cuckold stories, pegging stories and other femdom stories. These are the stories which I most often see with moronic negative comments on them - I don't read Gay Male stories, so can't assess the comments on them.

Of course, culturally and historically female infidelity is viewed more seriously then male infidelity, and it's clear that the negative comments on cuckold stories told from the POV of the cuckold are significantly different from most other negative comments. I've never seen a negative comment on a story about a male being unfaithful singling out that aspect of the story for criticism. I suspect that cuckold stories tap into precisely the same male insecurities that lie at the root of homophobia, and many cuckold fetishes may involve a degree of transference.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Why I'm not angry

There've been so many girls in my time. Statistically something somewhere had to go wrong. Wife 2 burned me. Scarred bad by a woman I loved. I walked away, healed, found wife 3. My beautiful Blue. Nine years now. Wife 2 is a fat useless unhappy cunt(but still the mother of the boys)and I've found myself a place in the sun. But still, all those easy spat words of wimp and cuck have a major resonance. They offend me when they're used out of context. But like someone says, the train wreck theory is a seriously good analogy. But how many of us are stopped and staring, and how many lying screaming in the twisted wreckage? Thanks Lynn...Mancelt.

LastoftheGreatMikeysLastoftheGreatMikeysalmost 14 years ago

Most people write stories that they themselves like. When they post it perhaps they hope someone else will like it too. Most authors also like feedback. I know I do.

The trick is, I think and as others have mentioned, identifying what kind of story that you are reading.

Sometimes an author wants to introduce a twist. This kind of thing is a gamble. Some will like it, others won't.

Sometimes it's just sneaky. That's mean and basically a misepresentation. That tends to offend.

Now, assuming that the reader knew what he was reading when he went into it, read through the whole thing and got angry when what he or she knew would happen actually happenned... well, they're dummies! Heh. Flip answer aside, I think this: Some people are most comfortable when angry. They understand anger. Anger is intense and has value to them. However, staying angry is just unhealthy. So...they unleash their anger on the author. Their anger subsides and they feel better. Then, later, they crave that anger again...or perhaps they just crave the unleashing of it. If they are angry people to begin with then maybe raging is cathartic. They let some water out of the dam and pressure is released, saving the structure and/or controlling how much overflows.

In any case if you do not like angry, venemous responses you don't have to read them! :P

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
double standards (a personal perspective)

The comments above are excellent. It is an age old story (pun intended?) that it is accepted for a man to stray, but god help a woman who does. Yes, needs (fantasies, dares, thrills, etc) are in us all at different levels, regardless of gender. It is the acceptance/tolerance that is the crux of the matter.

I am a female, married, 1 child. If my husband wants to releive himself by watching porn (and me too). That's fine. Maybe years ago, it may have been a different story as it could make me feel threatened, due to my own insecurity. Just get over it. Yes, people get burned in real life. But fantasy stories and real life issues should be treated as totally separate issues.

Keep up the comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
How absurd writer - to weakly defend your own sick needs

It truly isn't human to advance sought self disrespect as anything but a sick fetish because any semi-normal person could take no solace or be excited in being shown disrespect - let alone seeking humiliation.<P>

You are truly mixed up in your convictions - you admit disliking / don't read BDSM which always contains tolerated self disrespect but play self cucking like the broken record you have made it.<P>

Many people including men have been humiliated by their ex-spouse as well as suffering finacial losses and access to their children.<P>

You arn't stupid so you know that stiring that pot gains you the attention you need.

The real question is why do you need negative attention?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
theory

I enjoyed your theory and believe it is probably a little bit of all parts of your theory. I think people or the angry ones forget that you are writing stories that you enjoy to write and we read them because they entertain us and some writers more so than others because they are so good that you feel you are there witnessing what is transpiring at the moment. I believe some of the writers to delete the negative comments and some mention that they do at the beginning of their writing and they also give warning what is contained in the story. You are a excellent writer and I certainly don't agree always with every story but I enjoy your style and the way you make the story come to life. Thanks for sharing, appreciate your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great Theory

I have a theory of my own. I do not have a membership to the site, but I enjoy the stories. The cuck stories for me enter into a few categories. Me personally i detest humiliation. I believe in open relationships of, and I put this in capital, EQUALITY. To me when you read stories about how the bull is more dominant and can't please his wife anymore that makes me say who in their right mind would believe this? I myself have been cheated on when we agreed to talking and telling when you fail to tell me what your doing then it's wrong. The main backlash I think is from humiliation as well. Men want to be big and tough. It is a trait all men pocess. Another problem I also have with cuck stories are interracial ones. Because in a sense they are promoting racism. Which I am against all forms of racism black, white, brown, yellow, blue, green, and purple. Just because your black does not mean your superior. Me myself I am a bisexual male. I have been with black men, white men, and hispanic men. I have experienced bigger penises on the white men I have been with. You know just because someone is black does not mean they have a penis to their knee. Oh and most men over nine inches suffer heart conditions. I have also been with women of different ages and sizes and so forth. The younger women seem to think it is size that matters and to an extent it does. Not really length but more of girth. It has been studied that girth almost always is better for a woman than length. Now I am 22 and the older women I have been with have agreed and told me that size doesn't matter its how you do it. I am seeing an older woman tomorrow and me and her have been together before I am average size I come in just above average and my girth is just below average and me and her have had sex countless times and she says I am the perfect size for her because I hit that certain spot. Now I know not all women are the same down there and I know there are size queens. This is what brings me back to humiliation men are very, very, VERY sensitive about their penis. They may lie and say they aren't, but men always wonder am I big enough. Now one of the men I have been with says he is insecure about his size and he was nine inches so if he was insecure then that means all men worry about the size of their dick. So when you have a wife fucking a 13 inche donkey dick of a man saying that they are ten times better than there tiny dick of a husband that is what creates the anger.

FantasizeALotFantasizeALotalmost 14 years ago
The worst are by that guy Anonymous...

Anonymous=coward. At least when it's hate laced, insidious and vehement.

I always did wonder why these people read the category, even those with cuckold in the title. I don't have an answer.

I wrote several stories, many loosely based on my quite adventurous past experiences. The first one I published was an Irony featuring a husband who trusts too much. The hate mail got to me. I know I shouldn't have let it. It's just that I wondered if I wanted to post to a site that allowed this kind of welcome to first time authors. Why are these people reading erotica? Don't they know it's fantasy?

Noone can truly understand what others find erotic. I cannot understand scat at all, but I don't judge people for what gets them off. If anything, I'd love to have a chat about where their desire comes from (like maybe some experience or curiosity from childhood).

Trust to me is sacred, and my open relationships have been the most honest. I was, however, screwed around on many times in supposedly closed commited relationships. Ironic? I have many interests, but I suppose that's where this one comes from.

I give no second chances in real life. Fool me once. Playing games both enjoy, however, is the spice of life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Wow, interesting essay. I have a controversal take on this. While cuckholdry may be immoral, the angry reaction seems to be reserved for the story where the focus is on the husband's willing enjoyment of his humilation at the hand of the bull.

It is the husband's submissive gesture of offering his spouse to the bull that equate the fetish with homosexuality. However, homosexual sex, just as hetrosexual sex, is universial divided into two catagories depending on who is being penatrated. In almost all civilizations through out history, a penatrating male is seen as dominate and a male being penatrated is inferior ("effeminate submale").

Getting back to the cuckhold senario, the cuckholding male by offering up his wife holes for penatration by another male is a kin to being an inferior penatrated male. Stronger and more assertive males almost always have a near biological aggression towards the effeminate submale. A knee jerk reaction similar to the distaste one feels when they smell shit.

Thus, masculine hetrosexual males and dominate homosexual males, who penatrate, feel a natrual reaction of contempt toward the author, if the cuckhold story's focus of arrousal clearly indicates that the author desire is to be penatrated by another male.

Conclusion, those who associate arrousal from the cuckhold perspective are latent homosexuals with a desire to be penatrated. The negative reaction is merely an evoluted response to protect the gene pool from unwanted characteristics.

I told you it would be controversial theory.

GreekforfunGreekforfunalmost 14 years ago
Let's reverse this...

what if there was a Loving Husbands section in Litterotica where the male character finds another woman than the Wife and fucks while making comments about it, like "I need to be with a real woman who doesn't let herself get fat chatting all day on the phone or reading stupid lifestyle mags" wouldn't you -If you read it- feel bad? Considering the claim in your bio that you are a female, wouldn't you coincide with the female character -the wife I mean- and think, "Hey I am the fat one that stayed home to raise our children keep the household running and also worked part-time or full-time , devoted myself to that and that's why I hadn't the time and the energy to look after myself better, and now you asshole tell me that I can't arouse you anymore." Wouldn't that feeling of betrayal had make you angry? I believe that the insecurity issues that arise in the specific section drive most men not just angry but mad like they would do a woman IF things were reversed. And one thing more. I think that the fact that you are a woman makes the male readers believe that you are trying to offend them that's why you specifically get so much more angry comments. I've read some of your stories and I think you are a good enough writer, you can take this seriously, it comes from a bookstore clerk with 16 years experience, but the genre of cuckolding is a very tough one just because it creates so many real emotions the readers. So get used to it. Writing cuckold stories in Loving Wives section will ALLWAYS generate angry responses from people which coincide with the characters in them.

the_scribblerthe_scribbleralmost 14 years ago
Always an interesting subject

Yes, the Loving Wives section has always been a bit of a conundrum. Even in the stories where the husband is a strong supporter of that lifestyle and it is a truly loving relationship that they share together, the evil comments come streaming in. I'm sure that even if the site relented and put in a section for cuckolding stories, the anonymous comments would still pile on. I'm always amused at how some critics assume that authors are writing about their own lives and experiences when it comes to these stories and attack the author personally for what they allow their wife to do to them, or what they do to their husband. Surely they must understand the difference between fiction and non-fiction, but perhaps I give them far too much credit. I can only hope they are not spending too much time and money scouring the planet in search of Jurassic Park!

Maybe they have been wronged by a lover in the past. Maybe they are struggling with their own unresolved inadequecies or suppressed homosexuality. I'm no shrink, but I do know that if I don't like something I don't waste my time reading it and I certainly don't take it a step further by commenting on it. Like they used to say in the ads up here in Ontario...you are your own liquor control board. The quick disclaimer that many use at the beginning of the story is there for a reason. By all means, express your criticism at the story and character development, writing style, grammar or language (but be reasonable...we Canadians do some things differently than the Americans!), but if you don't like the content, well, I just don't get that.

C'mon people, it's just a story. Life is too short to expend energy on petty issues.

bobby9909bobby9909almost 14 years ago
My Thoughts

The essay seems to expose the author's real feelings towards men, as do "her" stories. The title alone seems to express an opion that the angry respondents are cuckolds. The way she places women in control and dominates, humiliates, and disrespects the men who love them affirms this.

The explanation of fetishes (boobs, feet, dirty panties, and, by her own statement cuckoldry) expose the fact that she is aware she is posting in the wrong category. She purposely chooses Loving Wives so she can extract negativity and opposition. The largest and, I feel best indicator of what should be placed in a category is how the readers score the story. Look at the Loving Wives category and see which types get the "H". That tells me all I need to know about what should be placed in the category. If she seriously wanted to see how well her stories were received why not put them in the Fetich category and see what types of responses she gets.

Another indicator of LynnGKS' true opinion of herself and of, I think, men in general, is her final theory - repressed or latent cuckold desires. Expressing this theory the way she does tells me that this is actually HER theory (not "some others" as she suggests), that she feels that she is a very good author and not deserving of negative comments, and that she holds most men in contempt.

Bottom line: Please keep writing, but try posting in the appropriate category. I think you and the readers will appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Interesting, the first time I actually post a comment (I am not a writer here, nor have an account), it is in response to an essay.

I haven't slogged through the dozens of comments left here, so I'll respond only to your essay itself. Probably I'd rehash stuff commenters have said before. Here goes...

I don't have a real response to the first theory, it might be, I don't know. Seems far-off however.

For the second theory, such virtuous people would not be reading Literotica in the first place. Or if they do, it would probably not be in the Loving Wives section, but in Incest, or Nonconsent/Reluctance.

Theory three, here it gets interesting. The Loving Wives section is too broad, and unspecific as to what stories are in there. With Incest or BDSM, you immediately know beforehand what you're getting. With Loving Wives, it's only when you read the actual story. Is it a cuckold story, a revenge story, or even simply a romance story between husband and wife?

As for "homosexual panic" part of your essay, you're actually saying that male readers leave angry comments because they're "closet cuckolds"? I believe that has nothing to do with it.

For virtually every married man out there, one of his worst nightmares would be his wife of so many years cheating on him. In many Loving Wives stories, the wives rub it in the husband's faces, sometimes literally. Humiliation and lying to the husband seem to be part and parcel of such stories. It would be a betrayal of the worst kind, BECAUSE it's from a loved one.

That's a fear, not a fetish. I fear open water, and will not go any deeper than up to my waist, since I cannot swim. I fear drowning. Does that mean I'm a closet drowning fetishist? No, it's fear, plain and simple.

Following on your comment about women being property of men, reverse the genders for such a story. The husband cheats instead of the wife, from whose point of view the story is told, and with a much younger and beautiful woman. The husband tells his wife that since she let herself go after two kids and being a busy stay at home mom, she doesn't arouse him anymore. Since you are a woman, do you identify with the wife? Would you get angry at the husband for the wife? Why would you get angry?

To many readers, it is about justice being done. Karma. The belief that good will triumph over evil. In the case of Loving Wives stories, the "evil" is the wife cheating, the "good" meaning the cheating wife being hurt for her betrayal. It doesn't matter if the person who is wronged, is male or female.

My attraction to reading Loving Wives stories is to read a story where the wife cheats, the circumstances around her betrayal, and most importantly, how the husband deals with it. And, if the cheating wife gets off scotfree, not being punished in any way for her betrayal, I feel, well, cheated. The "bad guy" got away, so to speak.

You root for the underdog, the "good guy", in a story. And in many Loving Wives stories, that IS the wronged husband.

In conclusion, ARE there any hidden, repressed cucks out there? I dunno, could be. It's a wide world. But in most cases, the ranters and ravers would be the men who see their worst fears realized in a story, and seeing the "bad guy" get away with it.

reginainthebuttreginainthebuttalmost 14 years ago
What is the attraction?

What is the attraction to watching your wife get fucked? That has always been the big question for me. Obviously anyone reading a Loving Wives story, must be turned on sexually by the idea of a wife being pleasures by someone other than their husband as most of these stories deal with this on one level or another. So why would somebody read a Loving Wives story, and then spew anger toward the author? I believe you have it exactly right. FEAR! Fear of the unknown. Fear of true feelings. Fear of the subconsious. The anger stems from a self hatred which grows through deep rooted repression. Sometimes repressed cucks and sometimes latent homosexuality. For me, I enjoy the thought of my wife being pleasured physically on the highest level possible. That's the fantasy. When that spills over to humiliation, it ceases to be a turn on for me. But that's me; and to each his own. As they say, whatever floats your boat!

melsdadmelsdadalmost 14 years ago
Those with a cuck fetish who play with their dicks and enjoy it - That's me, lol.

If my getting hot thinking of my wife getting fucked by another man says I have a fetish, then by God, I have a fetish.

Also, unlike many who write these stories, I also have an average cock, given that most claim to enjoy 8 inches or more, lol. I'm happy my compact unit fits my fist, so I can enjoy it whilst I read cuck stories, lol.

I have seen the crazies who come to this site, read the stories, then moralise or cast aspersions, but what I want to know is this. Why are such self rightious hypocrites visiting this site in the first place?

We all come here because our cocks and minds bring us here, we want to read erotic stories because they get us hot and assist us all with wanking, end of story, and that goes double for the angry liars, lol.

I leave their comments, they don't bother me, because all they do by commenting, is expose the fact they were here, it shows them to be as sick and perverted as me, lol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
heart or sex

I think loving wives is all about pain. If you want to read about the joy of sex and love don't come here. This is where the pain is, in the best of stories searing emotional pain. Some people pretend they are interested in how the stories turn out, but the fact that people read stories with Cuckold in the title tells all. There is no chance these stories will end in anything except submission and humiliation. Harry and his followers (sorry Pete but when you start agreeing with a dogmatic zealot to the rest of us you become his lapdog) can't even begin to discuss why they read cuckold stories because it would force them to admit that although they spend all their time writing about the moral implications of loving wives what brings them back is the pain. That said, there is a difference between wanting to vicariously feel emotional pain that will not effect your life and being thrilled with the idea of being cuckolded. I just read chapter 10 of Cuckold's diary pretty much because I wanted to write about this essay and I wanted to understand my own feelings. I wasn't excited sexually. I was hurting for the husband emotionally. I think that for those of us who don't like the idea of cuckolding and don't get excited by it, we are moved by the pain the scenes of cuckolding brings in the same way we are moved by the hurt in the more generic loving wife stories. The difference in the stories is that in a story by Slirpuff or Ohio or Daniel Steel there is also the element of drama. How is the man going to deal with this pain and with his wife. In most cuckolding stories such as your own, that the husband is going to live with his wife cuckolding him and causing him more and more pain is for the most part a for gone conclusion. OK, the hate mail, some guys just can't deal with these emotions. They feel they must be weak if they are attracted to these types of stories. And they are probably so closed off in terms of their feelings that they have no idea why they keep coming back to these stories. So people like Harry and Pete try to pretend its all about morality. But all stories are about how they make us feel and loving wives stories are about pain. Every one here may not be a closet homosexual or cuckold even if we read your stories, but we are all of us gluttons for punishment of the most heart rending kind.

SPEN STERLINGSPEN STERLINGalmost 14 years ago
another thought

I have written a few stories about the wife being shared, and in my stories the husbands are aware of it, and I too have experienced visceral comments from some people, while others defended me. I was surprised by the criticism, and I agree that I think it may be a few people making a lot of noise - I even wonder if it is one person with a strong opinion making multiple comments. Interesting though that you make the assumption that it was all men commenting negatively; I had a feeling it may be women who were posting negative comments. Typically they are anonymous, so you can't tell.

blue5766blue5766almost 14 years ago
Where to start?

If you have ever been cuckolded then you will realise that this subject is a very difficult and dangerous one to approach.

To get the unimportant aspect of this subject out of the way; those people who comment on these type of stories in the irrational and angry way of this 'annon' character and even Harry and his cronies should be ignored and forgotten about. Their comments have about as much relevence to this essay and the stories about cuckolds as wrestling has to sport. It is not important what they say and their language always shows them up.

Why then, apart from the above has this essay brought so many interesting and thoughtful comments?

Is it because so many of us have had personal experience of being a cuckold? Or is it that we wonder what it would be like in real life.

When one is faced with a situation where ones wife is having an affair there are two options. Accept it or fight it. Either way the man is a cuckold.

I decided, once I had real evidence, to fight. I was not going to leave and roll over. I could not stop my wife going out for the night to be with her lover but it certainly wasn't going to happen anymore in our home. Eventually I won and he left the scene and we have remained married and are shortly to celebrate our 30th anniversary. This happened 23 years ago but the experience is still fresh in my mind. I read stories on Lit about these types of situations and wonder if it was to happen again what my reaction would be now. Would I perhaps be less antagonistic and accept the situation as some fictional characters, Bobnbobbi's story comes to mind, appear to. Do voyer cuckolds really have a happy life?

At the final analysis we have to accept that in real life every marriage/partnership is different we do not follow a pattern but react to situations when faced with them. That said I will continue to read cuck stories as well as many other types and thank those writers who continue to entertain me with their writing.

bigchefwaynebigchefwaynealmost 14 years ago
HDK Hit accurately the real reason for the 'attack' posts

when he wrote..."Why read it if they really do not like it? Is it possible they do like it but cannot admit it? I just accept it as human behavior."

The ones who constantly attack fit this description. Their fears of admitting to their inner desire for wanted to be cuckolded is reflected in the frequency and viciousness of their remarks. Your comparison to the fear on the part of some men to admit to homosexual desires is well founded. This has led to hate crimes and other forms of violence by those insecure in their sexual identity. The same applies to those who constantly attack authors including some degree of cuckolding in their stories. They are as insecure in their sexual identities as the men who go ‘gay bashing’.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
Probably too late for this but....

some anonymous guy accused me of 1.)-being "less" than eloquent!-(I take umbrage at that sir, heartfelt and mortal friend mouse-besides, ain't ya eva herd a' "when in Rome...etc"??? 2.) Reading cuck stories such as that bobby series.I do not. I do look at "cuck" stories that look like an opportunity for redemption, as you pointed out. 3.) Focusing my comments on authors and on characters.??HUH????I WILL fucking CASTIGATE authors like bfw or mwc that destroy the potential for eroticism in a given subgenre with pre-pubescent fantasies rooted more in 'juniors' bedroom than 'dads' iycmd.But I hardly ever focus on authors, other than to thank 'em, occasionally.I focus way more on plot than character and I fucking stand by my trainwreck statement. Just because some anonymous guy interprets that to mean one thing doesn't diminish the beauty of that analogy.There are MANY reasons people gawk at "Tragedy" NOT ALL OF THEM BAD" you anonymous dummy. I don't have time for this anymore,Cuck stories have a right to exist, it just blows big donkey dick that there are so many of them and they are all so over the top. THOSE two circumstances have NO correlative in greater society.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
for the Idiot author OHIO

Hey stupid are you going to defend SAMEULX or bakeboss stories next?

I crapped all over this stupid cunt author becuase her entire aregument is 100% total crap.

What she wrote it is NOT an rational essay at all.

Her entire premise is that anyone who does NOT like HER stories MUST t have issues with women and / or insecurities about themselves.

what is appalling is not that I posted with venom and disgust at this author ramblings of an intellectual retard ...

it is that you thik lynnGKS essay deserves any serious discussion.

get a clue you moron

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
Last time....

Three things. ONE- I don't care what anonymous people say. No history, you don't exist. Works that way in every walk of life dummies.Without a history what you say is a concept, of which I personally don't feel a need to glean, I'm pretty sure it ain't new. TWO. If I WANNA AGREE WITH HARRY, I will, and that doesn't make me his lapdog.I'm obviously no one's, I CAN"T EVEN TAKE ORDERS FROM MYSELF! NO SHIT! At least those very few times Harry and I agree we know someone with HALF a brain is in our corner! More than folks can say about many on this site! THREE- what I DO LIKE about Cuck stories(don't fall off)-is the depth of evil and licentious self aggrandizement that becomes the women in these stories. If it were me , the cuck would be the hypocritical author or anon reader claiming the haters are secret cuck wannabe's, the "stud" would be the typical genre addicted slob dummy from the midwest gettin' his pathetic jollies off reading this stuff(I was thinking to cast dog daddy but he jumps genres too much) and the manipulating bitch fomenting all the evil would be me. And by the way, 99% of the time I'm arguing something out of LW is because I saw some lame comment on feedback.I learned my lesson awhile ago about this author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
We have to agree with Harry on this self-centered stupid cunt author!

Good thing only a small percentage of the female race is this fucked up - please author, get some professional help and do not pollute the gene pool anymore than it already is with your type of irrational drivel. Debra and Wayne

trite_readertrite_readeralmost 14 years ago
Oh, my, God.

I have never read so many fucking idiotic and gay arguments from so many fucking faggot commenters... Pistolpackinpete, HarryinVA, many anonymous, OHIO, Fantasizealot and even the idiot author him/herself.

Fucking losers attacking or defending the story, cuckoldum, Anon commenters, and anything else anyone ever had an opinion on. Ever. Who gives a fuck? And for you IDIOTS who go on about how anonymous comments don't exist, or how did that closet faggot pistolpackinpete phrase it? "No history, you don't exist?" well, get fucked you moron. People stay anon for more reasons than you and those who agree, feeble little minds can understand. You idiots attack the last truly free way anyone can express their opinion. My God, you fuckwits are about as dumb as they come...

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
Trite reader!!!

HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!-do you have any conception of how high you've raised the bar on being a fucking pretentious douchebag????Thanks a lot asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
it's easy -

in the male world it's all about dominance. So you, throwing sissyboy after sissyboy at us, seemingly on a crusade to turn over the totempole in order to liberate and empower the females and claiming to be female too, make us feel the need to cram one down your throat until you gag (pun intended). - there you go, puzzle solved. wasn't so hard. - - an afterthought: how liberating and empowering is it if you're just going to roll over and spread it for the next bigger / stronger / meaner / whatever prick?

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
Oh yeah,trout feed--

you arrogantly try to negate the collective input of people who are more invested in this site(then they should be!)-then you will probably ever be, you fucking simpleton, and you are stupid enough to argue that it is not YOU who is trying to stamp out free speech? Can you try to grasp the concept that when all you can do is name call, and hide from an argument based on the merits you really got no right being on an adult site.Of all the people you mentioned, add you in and you end up being the only one with nothing cogent to say.-----FOR ANYONE ELSE,(for instance, those with post-adolescent social skills)- maybe the reason some men are fascinated with the cuck paradigm but still have to spew hate is because they are hypnotized by the treachery of the wife but then PISSED OFF when the behavior stretches the bounds of credulity, making a mockery of ANY fucking story which claims to be erotic DUH! DUH! DUH!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Ridiculous, and the solution is simple

Literotica could easily create a cuck category and there would be no reason for complaints from readers who are disgusted by cuckolding. Just as people have no reason to complain about gay sex in a story in the Gay Male category, anal sex in a story categorized as Anal, or lesbian sex in a Lesbian Sex story, they would have no reason to complain about cuckolding in a story clearly categorized as such.

trite_readertrite_readeralmost 14 years ago
Pistolpackenfeather, whatever...

You missed the point you fucking softcock gaylord. But then again, I'd expect that from you. HAHAH!!! Can't you get your boyfriend hard anymore? Is that why you troll through these stories looking to make the greatest psychological impact? Rambling on about inconsequential points and tired yet boring arguments that are so repetitive they've lost all meaning? No one even knows what you're going on about anymore. Free speech? As long as you identify yourself, and have a history? Fucking idiot. You used to be vaguely interesting to read through. Now you're just well, I dunno... stupid. Bit old maybe? Over it perhaps? Need someone new to fill your holes? Later biatch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
sometimes a cigar...

is just a cigar. I know authors who warn readers it's a cuck story and they state they'll delete the stupid comments. To each his own. I don't like them (I like the revenge on the cheating wife stories). I think you'll find other authors are deleting them. As to the anger, readers (particularly w/ erotica) probably put themselves in the shoes (or bed) of the protagonist. A cuck (to me) is emasculated w/ very little self respect. Worthy of comtempt and ire? maybe...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Spot on!

Good article! I agree completely and the comments underneath your essay - - many apparently left without seeing the irony- just reinforce this truth.

Its something I have thought of before - having wrote an unfaithful wife story and say had 4.5 rated hot yet still somehow pick up aggressive comments. I don't like incest stories but I don't read them - I have no problem with people writing them.

As the Loving Wifes section is predominately about infidelity, any regular Lit Erotica user would know this and just avoid them if they didn't like them. But some people - almost certainly men- don't. I agree that these comments are from high jealousy, hugely insecure (prob very worried about their penis size- and I am not saying that penis size is important - just that some people worry about it a lot!) men.

I also think theres an element of the religous right involved here and also you have to remember that Lit Erotica is international in reach - not just American. Lit Erotica is international in scope, so people from say a culture with less liberal attitude to women's rights do have access to the material. All it takes is a few hundred chronically insecure men in a world population of 6 billion to leave some negative remarks.

But you have to keep perspective. I think within a 24 hours of posting my story it had been read by 20,000 people and there were mixed reviews underneath, but lets say about 10 of them were overly aggressive. Most of them didn't seem to understand that it was a work of ficiton, so out of 20,000 readers only 0.005% of them were the insecure type odd ball type. Not bad odds! I think the world is fairly enlightened.

There is a dark side to this though. Domestic violence in the world is still disgracefully high levels. It's easy to read one of the aggressive comments, laugh at the ignorance involved, and then delete it, but these men could be making read women's lives a misery - whereas in literotica, anything that happens is ultimately a fanatasy and a fantasy only.

sexmatesexmatealmost 14 years ago
I am late to the fray!

I take a few days off and shit hits the fan! Actualy the solution is real simple, and needs to be addressed by the administration on Lit.

Make the necesary category changes! Put the cuck crap in a cuckold category. Where those of us who despise this fetish don't have to even see it in the "Loving Wives" category! At the very least put it in Fetish where we can skip it.

I really do have to agree with HDK and what he had to say!

That being said, I read a ton of stories here and comment a lot. But I don't like being fooled when reading a LW story that turns into a cuckold fetish. It gets old and sometimes I go on a rant! Because I find them so unrealistic, ludacris, or stupid period! The author goes on like there are no consequences or the marriage won't be destroyed with these kinds of personal betrayls. This is not reality. Or the husband/wife is humiliated to the point where Lucifer himself is doing the humiliating. The male bashing on this site with these kinds of stories I find just so far out there, that they fell into a black hole with the husband cowering in the corner while he watches his wife get banged with her telling him he is no man at all then being forced, or eats willingly the other guys cum out of her. I can't tell you how many ways this is wrong and disgusting. This type of story will get my wrath either with a bad vote or comment everytime.

Why? Because it is not what real men do. To find that erotic you better find a therapist quick!

And lastly this site is about escapism. We put ourselves into the characters you write about and if we find the characters actions reprehensible or un-realistic with what you have written them to do we instantly have problems with the story.

My .02!

Paul PinesPaul Pinesalmost 14 years ago
No nasty comments? See what they leave for me!

I agree completely with your cuckold-panic theory. I actually put a disclaimer at the beginning of each chapter of my Cuckold's Diary, saying what it is about and asking people a) not to read it if it will upset you, and b) not to tell me how upset you are if you DO read it and DO get upset. Yet the comments make you think I stole not only their Ford, but one of the legs of their dog.

Your (very literate) analysis is correct: they read it, get excited, get scared and need to beat me up, as they used to do to gays.

Who's REALLY the masochist, me or them?

Sincerely,

Cuckold Paul

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Late to the fray

Perhaps you have already had this insight, but I just read your essay and because it is a subject to which I have given some thought I would like to share some of it with you.

I am a male reader who likes Loving Wives stories, as apparently most of the readers do. I have read stories in other categories and they don't seem to evoke the same raw emotional type of comments that other stories do. I don't like cuckold stories. If an author identifies it as such at the beginning, I skip it, just as I do with stories about pedophiles, dirty panties, sheep, transsexuals, and gays. I just can't identify. I read these stories for the erotic values (why else would we be drawn to a site named Literotica?) and the identification element. I like a story where the wronged husband gets his retribution on the guy who ruined his marriage. I want him to have a happy ending. If that means he restores his marriage, that is fine. It depends on how badly his wife damaged him and the depth of her sorrow of her affair. I could not live with myself if my response to this type of hurt was simply acquiescence of the state of my marriage.

I think most readers of this category are males, like myself, who cannot identify with a self loathing male character anymore than women would find stories of a wife popular who likes to stay in a marriage with a husband who is abusive. If I wrote stories about how much wives loved to be in that kind of relationship I wouldn't be surprised to receive eviscerating comments from a lot of my female readers.

I think your ruminations about your male readers comments are somewhat like the guy at the bar who, when shot down by an attractive woman, says, "Dyke!"

davidjacobs2davidjacobs2over 13 years ago
Had My Share!

I've never delved into the psychology of cuckolding, but your well written article held my attention and gave me food for thought.

My fantasies revolve entirely around quite extreme cuckolding and humiliation, but I've never really wondered before why this is. I can't think of anything in my past that would lead up to it.

However, my reason for commenting is that I submitted a long cuckolding story on Literotica about a year ago and was frankly amazed that 90% of the comments were very abusive, to the point where I could imagine the writers frothing at the mouth as they stamped out the text on their keyboards!

From the opening paragraph it was obvious that the story focussed on a wife's philandering with numerous black lovers, so I couldn't understand why anyone would carry on to the end of a four page story if it was making them so angry.

My fantasies no doubt seem weird to the vast majority, but they can't be as weird and screwed up as the angry men who loathe this particular fetish but still spend 40 minutes reading a story about it.

Methinks they doth protest too much!

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Very well thought out points

You are an extremely intelligent and articulate person and it is a pleasure to be exposed to such ideas as you have socialized in your article. I'm not smart enough to have answers for you. Maybe the screams rants and raves you hear inthe comments are a good thing? To me it seems that a writer that generates such a wide variety of emotions has taken people out of their comfort zones and forced them to look inward at their own feelings which are manifested in their comments. At the end of the day isn't that what a good author is suppose to do? I would say yes and I would say your very very good author

PattyMariePattyMarieover 13 years ago
Deleted comments

I'm a new author here and my second offering "Poke Her Night" was about a man who, predictably, lost some money in a poker game and ended up offering his wife to the big winner who happened to be a recent widower. The story was a great deal more complicated than I can go into here, but it was told from the wife's point of view. She was upset with her husband 'pimping' her out and tried to make him sorry he had done it. She ended up noisily loving it, for various reasons. Through various other twists, the the poker group adopted the rule that the host's wife sleeps with the big winner. It turned out that two of the men in the group had cuckold fantasies and sold all the others on the idea. The protagonist drug his feet but much to his surprise came to like the idea of his wife submitting to the big winner, even to point of putting them together when there was no reason just because he liked it.

I thought that the hackneyed plot line should have told people just what kind of story it would be. But no, people read it through and decided that I hated men and ranted about why the "bitch" was married to the "SOB" and what a farce the story was.

One dissenting commenter made sense; he said he quit reading the "trash" after the first page and jump back to tell everyone what trash it was.

On the other hand the many other people wrote and told me how much they enjoyed my handling of much over used plot line in the story both publicly and privately.

I deleted the abusive comments as being of no value. If someone wants to point out that I've made storyline errors (cell phones in the 60's) I'm good with the criticism. Or perhaps I could have use a better phrase to say what I wanted or maybe failed to properly set the scene for the story to make sense... that's all good, but to rant about the lack of morals of the characters, or their dysfunctional marriage, come on that's what the story is about.

colesneil37colesneil37over 13 years ago
Had a few

I have had a few negative comments, one person in particular has read all chapters of my story and then left messages on each one wanting me to do everything from stop writing to die a horrible death.

Obviously deleted these but I agree with the suppressed desire theory myself, i always thought he must have got off on it then felt disgusted with himself afterwards.

As the saying goes it takes all kinds.

chilloutchilloutabout 13 years ago
A Theory

THis doesn't explain the anger, but I do think some people are confused by the category title. I read somewhere the Loving Wives category is actually about wives with men other than their husbands. This isn't entirely clear from the main story page i.e. 'Tales of adventurous married women and their mates.' Folks get to the stoies and its about cheating and cuckolding and they feel misled. I would argue it would only take 1 or 2 or 5 stories until they figure it out, but maybe they don't.

I like your writing!

mouse_hung_cuckmouse_hung_cuckabout 13 years ago
Bang on!

I think your theory about repressed desires is accurate for a lot of guys. I used to get angry at many submissive stories, including cuckolding, although I strangely kept reading them. Of course, I was rebelling against myself and my own desires, trying to convince myself I didn't want this.

I think as these guys start trying to accept and enjoy their fantasies more, even if they stay as fantasies, the anger will dissipate. Unfortunately, I think you'll always get these types of responses though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Cucks or spineless wimps?!?!?!

Personally, I read these stories, from time to time, and the only reason I can think of is that I could place myself as the Outsider dominating the little wimp.

I think the visceral distaste for these stories have MUCH more to do with the humiliation factor. As a guy that was bullied for most of his childhood (no: don't cry for me!! LOL), it REALLY pisses me off to see others bullied or humiliated. THAT is the "big turnoff" in most LW stories... the stories where the spouse is NOT treated with disrespect and disdain probably do not receive as much vitriollic commentation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
A different point of view

I enjoyed reading your article. I would just like to add a different perspective, if you will.

I am a professional at work, responsible for multiple millions of revenue, and I make difficult decisions all day, every day. I have 14 people that I am responsible for as well, and keeping it all together can sometimes be very daunting. In other words, I'm the head man in charge.

Well, while this seems all fine and dandy to some, I like to unwind from every day life activities by handing control, to my wife. We are in fact, two peas in a pod. She is very submissive by nature, and it has been quite a ride for her to bring out her dominant and controlling side. I love to watch her get flirty, hang out with our guy friends, and some times even more!

It's not just about men who are cheated on, or "sissy bitch men", or guys will small packages. While it's true that a man with a small penis will struggle his whole life, especially if he doesn't find the right person who can accept that, it doesn't mean that his woman will be unfaithful.

I enjoy my wife talking dirty to me, laying out stuff for me to wear when we go out, or tying me to the bed while she and her boyfriend have sex on top of me.

I don't consider myself inadequate in my attitude, physical appearance and my dick pleases me, as well as all of my partners. So neither sissy, bitch nor lack of size applies.

I simply love giving control away and let things go where they want to go. At the end of the day, I have made my life, her life and the lives of many others very pleasurable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Close.....

I think you are a little off the mark, but not completly off. I know that I have gotten very angry reading some of the stories in the loving wives category due to the fact that you don't know what kind of story you will get. When I get mad, it is usually because the husband has been disrespected and degraded, and just accepts this, and actually believes that his wife loves him. Its not because I have a hidden cuckold fetish, or seceretly want to be cuckolded, that couldn't be farther from the truth. If the story is well written, I feel that I get placed in the position of the husband, and when the story goes in a certain route, I get angry. Hope this was helpful.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 13 years ago
Bullshit!

It seems thst LynnGKS believes that men who aggressively react to cuck stories are closet cucks themselves. To this I say bullshit. If a woman has sex outside of marriage without the consent of her mate, she has violated the "forsake all others clause of the marriage contract." Personally, I have zero respect for such a man, but to each his own. What is the purpose of wearing wedding bands if not to display that one is already spoken for and therefore off limits to interested parties. If one wants to play, forget the marriage vows, wedding bands etc., have a non exclusive relationship and fuck whoever you want. I can live with that, but a betrayal of trust and humiliation cannot be tolerated by any normal man. A man's ego is a fragil thing. His pride and self image define him as an individual. If a woman has no respect for this fact, then she should be prepared for serious consequences.

Furthermore, there is such a thing as a biological territorial imperative. It is normal for one to protect their territory for survival purposes. Men do not want to spend their time and resourses protecting and providing for someone eles's gene pool. He may do so of his own volition, but will violently reject biological treachery. He will willingly give his life to protect his genes, but not the next door neighbor's. Birth control devises may prevent this, however his biological response would still reject a straying mate. A normal male would not tolerate a stranger setting up houskeeping on his front lawn, nor would he tolerate that person being intimate with his woman. I have written this resonse from a male point of view but everything I've said would be equally true from the female point of view as well. If my woman decided to make me a cuck, when I threw her ass out, she would bounce three times before she hit the gutter. Cucks and man hating lesbians won't like this response. Men with balls surely will.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
The complexities of infidelity, and what to do about it.

I am the victim of an unfaithful wife. Not an innocent victim. I'm a recovering alcoholic and adulterer but my wife's affair went on for 15 years and then she left me for him. Like a lot of affairs, they loose their charm when you're not cheating. She ended out on the street and my unstable son had to take her in. I ended bringing her back home.

We've spent the last 15 years trying to recover from the damage.

Of course there's a lot that goes with this story. We both love the other. My unstable son was really unstable. I was also a workaholic on the road too much.

My wife's explanation was it was diversion, she was lonely, he listened to her. Later on he hired her and had an apartment where they got together every Tuesday and Thursday after work, getting off at 2:00. It was expected of her and it paid well.

I hate being a chuck. I feel insecure sexually (not always but afterwards). I second guess being back with her. I read the chuck stories and get insights into my deeper feelings and her motivations. I watch the reactions and get a view of what divorce might of resulted in. Some of the stories are well written (like yours). Others are juvenile. I get bothered by the husbands who can't even talk to the wives they claimed to have loved and understand what happened.

The male ego is very fragile. Running through life blindly driven by you ego can produce a fragile and scared person who lashes out to keep their fears hidden. It's easy to blow up at a story than face your fears and grow.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
analytical perfection

You disected the issue with surgical prowess. Personally I do not like the "willing" cucks stories ( as opposed to the unwilling variety). Unfortunately by the time yiu realise, you are usually committed to the story, with a review following. And yes I have written a couple meant for the character but directed to the writer. But I do think that it is important to look at the ugly (as one see's it) and to react. Writers should take great pride in being able to empart such emotional exercises in their readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Benn there

some times you just say "fuck it" and let what happens happen... My ex-wife went through a phase of a series of fuck bodies... at the end we wound up divorced. It happened... Mid life crisis she called it... We all go on... I'm not the same guy since...

SirDuctionSirDuctionover 12 years ago
CUCKOLDERY IS HIS WORST NIGHTMARE

I love to write cuckold stories and my fetish is actually being the man that cucks his fellow man. I would not want to be a cuckold. I can put myself in the position of all three, the wife, the husband and the cuckolder. The wife who gives it to me, the husband I rob and me that gets the honey.

There are men, and I am one, who enjoy seducing other men's wives, it is erotic to me but here is a question for you, Do some wives find it erotic actually cuckolding their husbands?

The reason for the anger is, as one reviewer above has pointed out, it whips up memories or fears of being cucked. They are insecure about their wives, especially if they have already betrayed them. You, a women writing as you do, appears justify this.

Then there is the territorial thing. Another man has trespassed and if he leaves a trail of spunk in the wife's pussy he has left his mark and fucked off and that is the ultimate huniliation for the man who has been cuckolded.

Lots of men who read Literotica have been cuckolded, robbed of their dignity, self respect and self esteem. They put themselves in the postion of the man being cheated on, identify with him, where as I put myself in the position of the man who has fucked his wife creamed her pussy and fucked off. Now watch them squeal.

SirDuction.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 12 years ago
I think she is right

I think the anger is about fears,about the reader humiliated and hurt.Some may have cuck fantasies others I suspect despite macho crap have insecurities that this could happen to them and it hits home. I get angry when it is non consensual and hubby is cheated on cruelly or worse humiliated. At least in stories where the wife cheats and shows remorse they feel badly.I don't like humiliation stories at all,or bfsm stories where the dominant abuses their power.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
a different fear

I think the anger does come from fear but not fear that the readers wife is being unfaithful etc but fear that you might be drawn to this fetish. I experience this myself when I read cuckold stories and I am not currently married. What scares me and does cause an angered response is that I am curious and turned on about the idea. I would hate to actually be a cuck and live my life watching my wife get it from other men while I was denied and probably in chasity. That would be the ultimate misery for me. Yet there is still some part of me that is drawn to it kind of like people are drawn to a good horror movie. We would never want it to actually happen but we can't help be fascinated by it. The prob is that while we know that there is little chance of actually meeting Freddy Kruger there is a possibility that our curiosity about being cuckolded could be used against us in the hands of a wicked lady. So the fear becomes real in our minds and leads to a backlash of emotions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Fear yes, but guilt and denial seal the deal

I can spot a closet cuck just as easily as a fat man. But closet cucks don't realize they are so obvious. A fat guy can't hide the fact he is fat, but closet cucks think they can hide their cuck fetish with denials. The same way a GOP senator rails against gays then gets busted in the airport men's room soliciting sex, the guys who denounce the loudest are usually the guiltiest. That guilt and the tone of their denials makes them easy to spot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
mostly bad memories is the reason

admitted cuckolds like huedogg2 just pick the scab. getting savagely cucked is his wound and now he picks at it so it will never heal. a brutal cucking leaves the cuckold isolated like a pariah which is why so many find their way to Loving Wives.

psychiatry is expensive, and dim bulbs won't realize (or admit) they have a problem and no one is going to tell them (except guys like me by ridiculing them in comments). repressed (or as I like to say 'closet') cuckolds read cuck tales like picking the scab of their own harsh cucking.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
UNREASONABLE

Thank you LynnGKS for posting this Essay

I have three points to make:

1. I have been on the web for almost 2 decades, I have edited, reviewed, coached, written and posted many stories of many different genre’s including ‘cuckold’.

2. During those two decades I have collected almost a TB of porn of which more than 90 GB are stories. And of course, I’ve read a substantial part the those stories. I am thereby a ‘de facto’ expert on porn.

3. I have read the post and the responses to them about LnnGKS’s essay and MANY have missed the point. Those that have NOT missed the point, will recognize the truth in what follows: (The others?????)

If the story code “cuck” is attached to the story - it is NOT about the story, it is about the unreasonable response to the story.

Yes, UNREASONABLE, maybe even psychotic but definitely sociopathic. No one made them read the story. No one made them continue reading after if becomes clear what the subject is. No one made them write a diatribe and send it to the author. Additionally, no amount of justification about the story being “disrespectful”, being “aberrant behavior”, or violating a “biological imperative”, or violating the “sanctity of marriage” or “WHATEVER” will change the FACT that this is fiction intended to titillate. Therefore, the only justifiable response is about style or technique or lack of story code and NEVER about subject. (Violation of website site T&C excepted.)

I’m am not like LynnGKS in that I look for understanding. I long ago came to an understanding that not their ‘cause’ but their ‘effect’ was what was important. That effect was to chill if not out-right STOP creativity. If the providing and using of ‘free’ stories on the web were a capitalistic system, the ‘users’ of the product would be voting with their money. But the system we have now is more like the tip jar of an entertainer in the park. Too many people that liked the performance just waked away and some of the ones that did not like it dropped a grenade in the performers hat.

You’ll not see more of my creative work and no one will ever know how many others have reached to point that I have.

Anonymous Reader

PS: More than one responder did have a valid complaint. Literotica’s story code of “Loving Wives” does a disservice to both lovers and haters of ‘cuckold’ stories.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous