All Comments on 'A Second Chance'

by Web_Spinner

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments
bryanforbryanforover 13 years ago
A Beautiful Story

A most enjoyable romantic story. You built up the relationship between the adults Amy and David so gently; and the two children, Bobbie and Kerry, became the catalyst that brought the parents deservedly together to become one happy Family. I hope that you will continue this Story to include a lovely Wedding for David and Amy, with Bobbie and Kerry as the proud and happy Bridesmaids.

My thanks.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
A Really Fine Romantic Tale

Carefully orchestrated until the end, but I do not understand why they

decided to wait a year to announce they were going to get married! She certainly was not going to change her mind and he was too nice a guy to look at another....

SqueezeplaySqueezeplayover 13 years ago
Good job!

I really like your stories. Please continue to write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Inspiring example

I wish I could write as good as you do to find always the right words to win over your readers. You know. Well done.

Your German fan

Juergen

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Edifying!

The best Literotica authors overcome the idea of sex as a recreational pastime. They understand that without genuine intimacy sex is flat, meaningless, and unsatisfying. It takes time to achieve genuine intimacy. The sad truth is, that many folks hop into bed routinely and as a way of avoiding genuine intimacy. You are one of those great authors. David is a model of restraint and maturity. Both Amy and David are suffering, each from his/her own woundedness. Each could easily have sought refuge from their pain (his/her own and the other’s) by rushing into oblivious, animalistic sexual coupling. But they have been graced by a love based on a gradual unfolding; they took the time to each get naked emotionally and spiritually with the other, and that made their sexual union the good, true, and beautiful thing it is. Thank you for a wonderful story well told!

john1946john1946over 13 years ago
Wonderfully sappy

Aren't kids wonderful. They seem to be so smart. A great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
another 5 stars

Love your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Keep these stories coming . . .

Your stories are so upbeat and genuine, it is a pleasure to read. Thank you!

AzPilotAzPilotover 13 years ago
Yeah, that's the way it should be--

Slow and gentle. And yes, kids are a lot more perceptive than adults believe. I liked this story and the way it was developed. Idealistc, perhaps, but certainly enjoyable. Thank you.

16gauge16gaugeover 13 years ago
Great Story

The story started off slowly, you could see the attraction, but it went the way it was supposed to be. Slowly,gently, and at a pace both could be comfortable with.Enjoyed it very much.

sexmatesexmateover 13 years ago
Yes! This is how it's done

Nicely written romance.

This formula never gets old. And you did it well!

After all your stories I have read you have been added to my favorite authors list!!!

You are a gifted writer! I thank you for your written gifts to this site!

And again, thanks for writing!

Socially_IneptSocially_Ineptover 13 years ago
You did it again!

Another wonderful story. I really love how you portray your characters, the plot of your stories, and the loving build up. I truly look forward to read another one of your stories.

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
Someone was edified by this story...

While I usually find that word used in a religious context, I can't exactly agree, but I did find it to be beautifully told and somewhat poignant. I thought you moved it along at a realistic pace, since they both had been so deeply hurt by the ending of their former relationships with their former spouses, albeit for totally different reasons. I found it to be a fine love story and one that was extremely well done. Thank you for your story.

jkneusjkneusover 13 years ago
Wonderful story

And beautifully told. As I read, I kept hoping that you wouldn't rush the characters. You did a fantastic job developing the relationship. When they finally came together as lovers, they were in love. It's not often I read a story completely through with a smile on my face...The smile is still there. Reminds me of my wife and I, reversed, she the widow. Would have been nice to have the cruise and all but.... Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Really Really Good!

In a comment re a different story, someone mentioned that they liked the way you portrayed children. In this story I got to appreciate it myself. Well, now I'm committed to reading every single one of your stories. Thanks! [Gualterio]

juanviejojuanviejoalmost 13 years ago
Just outstanding!

I did say it was just outstanding; right???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Outstanding!

Lovely story. That little 13 year old sure knew how to manipulate her dad and match make! I could see my two daughters doing the same thing easily! I agree with Bruce22 that waiting another year was unneccessary as I was convinced by the story that they were in love and had melded their two little familys already... Still, why dissect a great little romantic story?

GualterioGualterioover 12 years ago
Second Read!

How could anyone not like and enjoy this story! All of the major characters are excellently described and likeable. The plot is believable. There were so few errors that they were hardly noticeable, I only recall two or three. Thanks!

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
Romance!

I'm always amazed at what some authors and many of the readers think is romance. So many stories gear romance as meeting someone and jumping into the sack immediately.

Romance is the nurturing of a relationship letting the physical happen when it's ready.

This author know how to write a romance story.

I give a ten.

Well I would if I could.

Thanks and I wish you would write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
super story

Wow! That's the first literotica story that's brought a tear to my eye AND a hard on! Well written, perfectly believable characters, wonderful build up. Looking forward to more from Web_spinner!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A Second Chance

Great Story when will part 2 come out

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
VERY NICE,,,,

Easy rerading and holds the interest right to the end,,,, not to mention that it is a fine story.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
Damn Fine Story

gave it a 5. i love a good love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
meant to give u 5 stars

accidentally gave lower

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
5 stars

great story read it over again, And again it is 5 stars

JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxover 11 years ago
soppy romance

Well structured love story - and theres nothing wrong with that. I liked it.

A bit more care with spelling and grammar and I would have given a 5.

Suggest you avail yourself of the editors polishing.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
Well organized -

Reasonably well crafted story with the switching perspectives well set up and executed -

Always a challenge to balance the growth and the intimacy of a new relationship especially in a story with people coming from different directions for their history and baggage -

Nice job

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 11 years ago
Good Story

It was a very good story. However, it ended a bit soon. It would have been nice to experience the joy little Kerry would have felt when she found out she was going to have a new Dad and a Sister.

Great work and Thanks!

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
INTO EACH LIFE...THE RAIN MUST FALL

and sometimes an umbrella helps with the dampness, TK U MLJ LV NV

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
another good one

glad you gave David and Amy a future after experiencing the pain and suffering of death and betrayal. thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

excellent

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
worthy

read

5 *****s

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
great read

wished for nother page or two, still cast 5 stars*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Another wonderful story from this author

Like Irish Eyes this story is a main stream romance that should be published as such. It is not in any manor erotic. It is a wonderful story of love and romance.2

Yobo36Yobo36about 10 years ago
Confused.

Loved the story. But who is/was Bonnie?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I guess that some one should alert CNN and Fox news that a writer here made a typo when submitting a story.Come on is that the worst thing that you can come up with to grip about when someone hits the n key when they ment to hit the b key which just happens to be right next to each other. I some times think that some go looking for things to complain about when reading these stories.

saratusaratuabout 10 years ago
This was and is,,,,

a truely wonderful story of a love that many of us search for and never find. I enjoyed every sentence and found a second and third reading just as good as the first time I read it. Saratu

pumpop201pumpop201about 10 years ago
Thanks.....

Thanks for a heart warming story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
good story

It's a good thing he makes quicker decisions at work than he does in his personal life. All in all, a good feeling story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fantastic story a 5 star story

I periodic purge my favorites,,, and this one lasted many purges... that reflective how much it touched me.

Thank you for you story

HKL

mabell3368mabell3368over 9 years ago
Very nice

The sex is there and it is tasteful and terrific, but the story doesn't particularly need it. It had me rooting for the characters from the get-go. Thanks for sharing your talents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great story.

The way you develop stories, you are not a good writer, you are a great story teller.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
SERENDIPITY AND KISMET

2 traits hard to find, but when they find you, be prepared. TK U MLJ LV NV

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerover 8 years ago
Great Tale!

I have always LOVED this story, hence the reason that it's in my Favorite's list. Keep up the great work Web_Spinner. As always, I keep checking your list for new stories and hopefully you might surprise us with a new one some day soon. In the meantime, thank you for letting us read you what you've posted thus far.

MoogPlayer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
2nd chance

I have read 2 of your stories now. you are great. I enjoy good romance stories without the extra sex. you deliver very well. you show nothing since year 10 I guess you were to good stay here. are you published some where else? Please let me know.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

thebug37thebug37almost 8 years ago
Terrific Writing

You have a great way of writing - when sex becomes a part of your story, it's there but no grunting and yelling. Keep up the great stories. Gave you a five. In the event some wonder why I tell when I give a five star rate, I do so to allow the author to understand that I find his stories well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Great writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Made me feel good

Nice read thank you for posting it.

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8over 7 years ago
Once again you outdid yourself

Another beautifully written Romance story. I too wondered why they waited 12 months to seal the deal as they say. I really couldn't see their lodgic in doing so. Also I too thought the story ended too abruptly, you could have easily wrote another page or two describing the happiness and joy of the children especially the little one when told that they would have a Mum and Dad in their lives again. Other than that, a brilliant ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ story..thank you..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Romance & Love!

This is a wonderfully romantic love story. It's heart-warming and touching, made especially so by the relationship between the father and his 13 year old daughter. As a father of three sons, I now am convinced that I lost out and not just my estranged wife when we were only able to have sons.

I like also the honoring of his ex-wife's love, though I firmly believe that death is the one reason that loving another woman as a wife is totally acceptable. But having been estranged from a wife who gave up on me 18 years ago -- while still being faithful sexually to my marriage vows -- I can understand the reluctance to let go of his love for his dead wife. She's still the only woman I've been with sexually, without love it's disgusting, empty and demeaning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
abrupt ending

Nice, gentle story, just rather abrupt in its ending.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 7 years ago
A good story but!

I am not sure why the author wrapped up this story so fast and somewhat abruptly at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thank you

I would like very much say thank you I love your story ahope to read more from you I keep going back and read your story over and over I have been down in the dumps after my wife of 26years left me back in march and I have good and bad day but I read your story and smile as I remember better time in my life Thank you

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 6 years ago
I to agree with the majority

I to wandered why they wait twelve months to seal the deal as Kookaburra8 stated in his comments, especially since the two kids were quite happy with the current situation and excepted that their parents loved each other as well as them. Plus this story really did end far to abruptly for my liking. But saying that, the storyline was brilliant and deserves ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ...

oldwayneoldwayneover 6 years ago
I've read it before and had to read it one more time.

I think I'll add it to my favorites list. If it's good enough for Moog Player, it is certainly good enough for me! I gave you Five Stars yet again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL

Even on my second reading.

I hate unfinished stories. This one ended right when it should. Thanks.

Also thank you for no anal.

Very high writing skill. Great use of dialog. I did not find obtrusive language or spelling problems.

Fortunately did not have crude language or cussing. But was as polished, elegant and gentlemanly as David, the protagonist.

A lovable tale. And that's what I did -- loved it.

Paul in Oklahoma

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 5 years ago
A definate 5 star love story

I lost my wife of 44 yrs. almost 3 yrs ago. I understand Davids love of his lost wife so very very much. We had a very deep and abiding love and it still hurts after almost 3 yrs now. I still to this day sort of live like a hermit and only go out to pay some bills or shop at the grocery store. I am 72 so I am not looking for another love. I can't go through that hurt ever again.

This story is one of the best love stories on any romance website, well written and a nice slow buildup of the relationship between the 2 families. Not just rutting animal sex. Well thought out and very loving. Thank you so very much for giving a lost soul something to hold onto. I am a man but I did go through a lot of Kleenex reading this story.

caryzfieldcaryzfieldalmost 5 years ago
Excellent story

I love this story. Very romantic and well written. I have read this story several times and just cant give anything but a 5star rating eventhough there is one misspelled word. Page 2 final night on the cruise. When he says they should meet for breakfast the next morning because Bonnie would never forgive him if she was t able to say goodbye. LOL I thought her name was Bobbie. Still an excellent story. Keep up the excellent work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Lightning Doesn't Often Strike Twice

But sometimes, for the best of us... Don't know why you've stopped posting, I've searched numerous times and haven't found anything new under this pen name anywhere, nothing on SOL. But if you're ever of a mind to, we'll welcome you back with open arms. Signed: BTW

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Beautiful love story

Excellent gentle love story

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
4 stars good story better if

1 abs etc and hasn't been out much since wife died?

2 I try to suspend reality when I read but too much sometimes

3 goes to daughter's events and no other parent(s) mentioned

4 business and daughter reading drinking morning?

5 age difference daughters. Movie night age interferes other activities make age difference closer

Etc

G5902G5902about 4 years ago
“So you know the mechanics”. LOL

I really enjoy this story. I am having a great day finding some of my favorite stories that are so fun to read!!! I have read this story several times over the years. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Timing

A very nice love story. GOOD JOB

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Beautiful Romance

A very nice romantic one. Very gentle, even the sex scene at the end. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
GOOD!

Really a good story. Sex scenes were done just right. 5*

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Curious

Curious to know what Amy does for a living.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Quality

Sometimes you need a short but quality story like Second Chance. Well written and entertaining. Thank you for sharing. 5 Stars CC

IndyOnIndyOnover 3 years ago

Very nice story.....a little distracting when Bobbie became Bonnie a few times....but still a very good read....*5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very enjoyable story!

But really! They didn’t know they were on the same plane together going home after the cruise???

Kitist02Kitist02over 3 years ago
Different airlines

To "Anonymous 09/13/20", on the second page it is explained why they didn't know about a mutual ending to their flights, "She and Kerry had taken a different airlines but as coincidence would have it, we had arrived at the same time."

Got it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

lovely story...however, as is common on this site, author cannot distinguish the difference between the verbs to lie and to lay. aint the same!

likewise, the misuse of between you and i and between you and me. again, those have different meanings, and are not interchangeable. middle school english!

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 3 years ago
Great story BUT

The ending was a bit of a let down. I really can’t understand why the hell they waited 12 months. Anyway I still gave you ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 3 years ago

This is at least my third reading of this tale. I really do enjoy it every time I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Amy and Kerry joined Bobbie and I for dinner. what???

grade 9 english...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

cute...poor english

author doesn´t know the diff between her and me and her and i

lots of other grammar glitches...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I must be a sucker for semi-cheesy love stories. Loved it, despite the grammar glitches.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I guess I never knew what a whiny bunch of bitches porn addicts are. Poor grammar, kiss my ass!

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 2 years ago

I'm forced to agree that mechanically this story is terrible. To me there are three key ingredients to a story: plot, character development and dialog. Overall there is the grammar and style which make the story more or less readable and enjoyable. The plot was trite and had no zip at all. The characters were predictable and too good to be true. The dialog was not bad although it certainly sounded like the author hadn't finished high school. The many other comments about the grammar says it all. The "I"/"me" problem that so many authors have is neatly worked out: it's always used incorrectly here. The author doesn't even have the courtesy to proofread his own work and often calls the older girl Bonnie instead of Bobbie. The past tense rules are clearly a mystery to the author. The truth is that if the story is stimulating to the reader's imagination the mechanics can be acknowledged and then overlooked. The mediocre quality of the plot and characters makes the grammar more annoying. 3*

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

A nice romantic story. Kind of reminds me after meeting my loving second wife she had four lovely kids. We got married and it lasted 40 years before she passed lying next to me. 5 stars for your story

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

I hate living my life vicariously through wonderful stories like this

guess that about says it all

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

i can't help but agree with Overcritical on this one. this felt like the McDonald's hamburger of Romance stories, all cookie cutter and plastic-y. i enjoyed it for what it was but i know i'll forget about it in 10 minutes. 3 stars.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Web-Spinner: You spin some great stories (tales).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very good rebound and love story with bounds of inspiration. 5 shiny stars are in order indeed. Thank you so much for your sharing your talent.

'wildbill'

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 2 years ago

Hmm, enjoyed, but the ending was abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Read this story several times and love it everytime I read it

Diecast1Diecast1about 2 years ago

Love the story. AAAAA+++++

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Far

Far too sugary,all that was missing was her telling him the earth moved after he shagged her.

linnearlinnearalmost 2 years ago

Very touching and a wonderful story. I wish you would have caught the name changes from Bobbie to Bonnie a couple of times.

blackknight314blackknight314almost 2 years ago

Great job; thanks for sharing your work!

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoalmost 2 years ago

Another 5 star effort. I don't know if you ever check in on your stuff or even if you are able too,, as every one of your stories were published clear back in 2010. I hope you are well and life is good for you. The two stories I've read say you are deserving of that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Like cotton candy, a sweet empty treat. Why can’t LIT authors learn the difference between “in and into,” and “literal and figurative.”

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sweet story, but I would have preferred it take over the course of around a year and a half to be engaged.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

POV changes too frequent. Felt too much like solving a puzzle to read it.

Femdomlover01Femdomlover01over 1 year ago

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Nothing probably, but here goes. First, what happened to this author. He puts out all these stories and says, in his bio, that there will be more. Then nothing. I guess we'll never know but it's certainly a loss. I have to agree with others that the ending was a little too abrupt and the seemingly random idea to "give ourselves a year to move forward." didn't make any sense. Frankly, I'm not even sure what it means. Up to that point though, I loved everything about the story and I could see people thrown to this set of circumstances behaving in this manor. A little sappy, sure. Highly coincidental, and well beyond any statistical probability, absolutely, but so what? Typos, misspellings, wrong words, missing words, tense changes, name changes all that and more, but, again, so what? All, or most, of the above can be found in most stories here. Would it be even better if there were no errors? Sure, but I'd far rather read an error filled story that makes me laugh, makes me genuinely care for the characters, maybe even makes me shed a tear or two, rather than one that is perfectly written but does none of those things for me. Also, I really liked seeing the POV of all the characters. Usually, while you get to read what everyone is doing, you only get to know what one person is thinking. I enjoyed getting into each of their heads. Five stars!

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

I am amazed that some readers are upset that the story is not tailored to their exact requirements. Are all people like this or is it just those that are so self entitled?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful well written!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Author silent for last 12 years, so no specific comments. A sweet story. Glad I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

fair, some grammar problems...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

don't remember...

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous