All Comments on 'Prayer for Passing of a Loved One'

by radk

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A story for the ages

Thank you.

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 13 years ago
Well worth reading...

A beautiful, poignant story, that is both happy and sad, looks to the past and the future, and warms the soul. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Worthwhile

good read. thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Writer! Good Read!

Thanks for sharing! Ohio, USA

TechRaiderTechRaideralmost 13 years ago
that was good

i like well written stuff, keep at it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Craig's dead mother was a lying dirty whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good

That was very, very good. I can relate to this story as I have been in love for many years to a woman who is not my wife. She has her life as I have mine. But we still love each other. I loved the story. Sorry but I will have to be an anon on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I got to agree with another poster.

She died a dirty cheating whore. Since she didn't ask for forgiveness (it appears that way) then she's hell bound. Maybe she'll meet up with the boytoy in hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

she was slut

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Previous Comments say it all

She was a cheating slut whore wife. The only afterlife they would meet would be Hell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
"Holy Joes"

To all you Joes that are holier than me, I can only say "Let he among you that is without sin cast the first stone".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
betrayal

lustily he smoked the fat cock, cornhole was reamed, betrayed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
please

Let's see. She cuckolded her husband for forty years and made him raise her bastard child and you want me to annoint her for sainthood. TOTAL HYPOCRACY.

InescuInescuover 10 years ago
No sympathy

She cheated on her husband for 40 years and possibly made him raise another mans kid? What a piece of shit. She should have had the common decency to leave her husband or not marry him at all since they knew and were in love before she married her husband. If I was that kid I'd have beat the crap out of him, not invited him to dinner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I don't understand why...

...people bring up the " let those who are without sin cast the first stone" thing in situations like this. I mean, I'm not sinless by I've never betrayed anyone for forty fucking years either. That kind of deception seems vile and inhuman to me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Very interesting

I have read quite a few of your stories here and would like to pass along some personal advice. 1- Proofread your stories. Many have a large number of continuity errors which a good editor would have caught. 2- Your male characters do not act in any sense of reality for the most part. (e.g. In one of your stories, the cheating wife who loved two men at the same time was upset because the husband mentioned divorce. She said that what upset her was that the husband did not talk to her first before having the papers drawn up, since THEY ALWAYS DISCUSSED EVERYTHING SINCE THEY HAD GOTTEN MARRIED. Well apparently they did NOT discuss everything, since she had quite an involved affair and was in love with a Doctor for years after he had died,,and the husband didn't find out until he read her letters she had saved and HIDDEN. YET the husband never said anything about "discussing everything". Your stories would feel more realistic (even though they are fiction) if your characters were more human and not appearing to be reading scripts.

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
Good story....

Sorry but the woman was a piece of trash. She said she was a good woman. Was she a good woman when she was cheating on her husband? Was she a good woman when she tricked her husband into raising another mans child?

SigintSigintover 9 years ago
Ad then

You knock one out of the park.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

F××××ing biographical. Still hurts

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 9 years ago
Love can be difficult

Several stories on the site about an infrequent long term lover. Yes it's cheating, so for the absolutists it is cut and dried. Here, they got away with it as their secret didn't get out.

As written, no hurt, no foul. And maybe it kept them married to others, as they had relief from what might have been difficult marriages.

Well written as always

Chilley

HoppydoodleHoppydoodlealmost 9 years ago
To anon 05/24/12

If you are going to quote Jesus, you have to heed everything He said in this context. Jesus did not hold her sin against her as long as she obeyed his command to go and sin (commit adultery) no more. His forgiveness was found in her repentance. Her absolute resolve to never commit adultery again. He loves the sinner, but hates the sin. Don't quote scripture unless you seek to obey His will, not your excuses. Sorry everybody about the sermon, but the bible is against adultery, not for it. If you bring it up...don't try to make it say something it does not say.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
How can a "good" woman also be a cheating slut?

Well, of course, she can't. Any sympathy for the cuckolded husband? Don't see any here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

bad ending. no one pissing on the whore's grave. just... bad.

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
that poor man

I feel so sorry for the husband she cheated on.

At least he will now never know this pain, but having alzheimers, life as he knew it is ruined anyway.

But Ray too is married, with a family........ two marriages with innocent spouses wasting their lives with selfish partners.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I believe I've been a good person on this earth?

What she had been was a skank whore,he was piece of shit that needed a bullet to the head.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well written, but Samantha was NOT a good person.

Breathtaking betrayal of her husband, hoping to give birth to, and raise, another man's child. Apparently, because their betrayal, their adultery, was not discovered until after she died, this story is supposed to be romantic - rather than a long-term, sordid, adulterous affair between two people of low character and great selfishness. We don't know why they chose to stay with their spouses instead of divorcing and then marrying each other, but we do know they didn't love their spouses the way they loved each other. There's just no way that can be. Read the words of Raymond at the beginning of the story, read her words in her letter. They were cheating their spouses out of that love and both marriages suffered to some extent because of it.

One person commented that because they weren't discovered; no harm, no foul. They were discovered and it will become general knowledge. The son, Craig, now knows of the betrayal and, regardless of who's son he is, Craig read the letter and knows his mother intended that Raymond impregnate her. Craig has already stated he won't damage the memories of his family by telling - so this knowledge has already had a negative impact on his life and he wants to spare his siblings that same torment.

I'm betting that after he has more time to dwell on it, especially after meeting the coward that might be his biological father, that he'll finally comprehend the abject ugliness and contemptible behavior of his mother and her lover. It will forevermore stain and cheapen both marriages - and when his real father, the one who loves him and raised him, finally passes on after suffering through dementia for so long - the son will demand some answers, perhaps even some justice. Raymond the coward is already worried, already planning on NOT attending the memorial for fear of being discovered.

The story is well written, but as readers, we cannot divorce ourselves from our life experiences and emotions. We have no choice but to judge what is written by what we know, what we've seen. In this case, the story isn't romantic to many of us because of their adultery. It can be dressed up and presented as whatever the author wishes, but it still boils down to an ugly case of adultery. One marriage still hangs in the balance and may have to deal with the fallout if Craig decides to make a fuss. I did not like the wife Samantha or Raymond even though I know this story is fiction. Too ugly for me. They cheated, it doesn't matter if they were caught or not.

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 7 years ago
Geez! Bridges over Madison?

Samantha was a loose woman with no morals. "Truth is Beauty and Beauty is Truth. .." as one of her poets would say.

She is a lie. It's a loving wives story.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Why did they not marry each other?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nothing Romantic About a Cheater

" I believe that I've been a good person on earth and will have a special place after I die. I know that you will too."

No, you were NOT a good person. You were a liar, betrayer and a cheating cunt for the majority of your life.

Oh, you'll have a "special" place all right after you're dead....a special place in hell with you're little fuck buddy and you'll never see your family ever again. Burn bitch burn.

perpusperpusover 2 years ago

*5

Until Raymond was old he was still a coward

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

IT WAS WRONG (wrong Category too)

heart breakingly wrong,

BUT "let the one who has NEVER sinned throw the first stone."

So I will put my arm round my troubled wife's shoulders and ask Jesus to allow her to forgive herself as he has forgiven both of us.

Not that it doesn't hurt to see the way they respond to each other if I am not close to them. It's like they can't see themselves!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Samantha was a cheater and a coward. Cheaters are cowards because they won't address the issues that are facing them. They're cowards because they can't or won't talk to their partner. But most importantly, they're cowards because they do what they do in secret. Cheaters aren't protecting anyone by going behind their partner's back. It's a selfish act that proves they don't care about their partner.

"She taught us the difference between right and wrong, made sure we went to church regularly"

Apparently, Samantha was a "do what I say, not what I do" kind of person. She talked the talk but didn't walk the walk.

" I believe that I've been a good person on earth and will have a special place after I die"

No remorse, no repentance, no restitution and no consequences for her years of betrayal and cheating. That doesn't add up to being a "good" person. She never paid a price here on earth for he shitty decisions and behavior here on earth so that special place she thinks she's headed to more than likely won't be what she expects.

RazorFishRazorFishover 1 year ago

Beautifully written, but I can't give a 5 to a celebration of infidelity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave this story a 5 because it touched me personally in a couple of ways. The author described several different emotions very well. Although the descriptions of love and grief could have benefited from a bit more detail, sometimes 'less is more.' I recognized myself in the first part of the letter when she writes of the benefits of having a friend with whom things can be shared. I do not see myself in the second part when she writes of the intimacies she shared with Raymond. Three of my friends have had spouses who died of Alzheimer's. In all three cases, the afflicted took several years after diagnosis to die. I had met the six people in different ways: high school, college, US Army, Church, neighbors; however, we all lived in the same town when their spouses died.

The spouse of an Alzheimer’s disease patient is under enormous stress which sometimes continues even after the patient's death. As a friend I often sat with the patient to give the spouse a couple of hours away from the stress and pressure. I didn't discuss what they had done when they returned unless they volunteered the information. One woman went into her backyard and napped for 3 hours; she said it was the first time in a week she had been able to relax. If she had hired an escort to cavort with her for 3 hours, it wouldn't have bothered me. Different people need different things to enable them to enjoy a bit of down time from taking care of a spouse with a disease who is at once incontinent and incompetent. Sometimes I shopped for them, took care of correspondence, did laundry, whatever they needed. The facts of the story implied the couple were not well-heeled, so she must have done much of her husband's care herself; and she was undoubtedly trying to care for him even as she was dying from cancer. Although I was approached by one spouse for sex, I explained as gently as I could that what he asked for was impossible. (I love and honor my wife, and I don't do homosexual stuff even with good friends. In this case the man and his spouse were M-M; the other couples were M-F).

Now, regarding Raymond's and her relationship that came before the husband's diagnosis of Alzheimer's: How do you know that her liaison with Raymond was a deception? She may have had her husband's permission to pursue an extra-marital liaison. We don't know the answer. We do know: 1. the answer is not part of the story, 2. She and Raymond had a strong and lasting friendship, 3. her husband either did not know the true extent of the friendship or he did know and accepted it because he did not divorce his wife, 4. We don't know the biological father of Craig's siblings because that's not part of the story. Perhaps they were also Raymond's children and the husband wanted children but was sterile. We don't know because that's not part of the story.

What we do know are the facts as told by the author, and none of them justifies the condemnation or excoriation of any of the story's characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Still was a slut. R. H.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Just a sad story and why is it on this incest site ?????????? 3 stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A real hard,honest life picture written about everyday people and events. Even him exiting the scene was thoughtful and real.Again well done radk....4stars..JZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous