All Comments on 'Politico, Incorrect'

by CeliaisAliena

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
DarkZDarkZover 13 years ago
interesting.

Is it possible to be both a fiscal conservative that believes that money belongs to the people who earned it rather than the government that takes it in an arrogant exercise of paternalistic nanny-stateism who realised that borders exist to limit the input of the ineptitude of foreign government's mismanagement and recognition that minefields and fences make great neighbors...

. While also being a cultural liberal who has no problem with gay marriage lesbian sexuality, fetish wear, alt lifestyles and the like?

Apparently yes. It is possible.

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum...

It is amusing to realize the general ignorance of history among a miseducated populace. The so-called 'Nanny State' so belabored by psuedo-conservatives was actually created by their predecessors among the Progressive Republicans. To improve living standards among the impoverished. So they could be healthier workers and strong soldiers. To improve the public health and safety. To standardize education to a National standard, encouraging loyalty and service to the State.

What went wrong is, the Republicans forgot to reproduce and that reality of Demographics had left them a dwindling minority by the 1960's. Desperate to recover power, they made their deal with the devil. Holding their noses, they accepted the unwashed masses of dixiecrats fleeing the Democratic Party over the issue of Civil Rights.

Then promptly lost control of the GOP to the horde of ignorant newcomers, Resulting in the propping up of that senile buffoon Reagan by the Cheney/Bush League kleptocracy at the behest of their Saudi masters. And it was successful for a couple of generations. The pseudo-conservatives have trapped America into the perpetual war with our frienemy the Saudi led Arab tribes against the Turk tribes.

Trouble is, the New Republicans themselves forgot to reproduce and are now in decline as America's population has undergone a sea-shift in demographics. Another unseen schism in the GOP is the rise of Russian influence led by Putin's buttbuddies the Koch brothers. The Russian's also have a history fighting the Turks. The Ailes/Murdoch gang are trying to figure out which GOP faction to throw their support behind but any realistic coalition would be rivened dividing up the loot. Thieves will out!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous