All Comments on 'Why I Really Hate Canada'

by Samuelx

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
APeacefulPlaceTxAPeacefulPlaceTxover 13 years ago
Funny, a racist thinks everyone else is racist because they aren't "friendly!"?

Could it be that others are repelled by your racism? Growing up can be painful, but the alternative is worse! If you're looking for racism you'll find it everywhere, because you'll take non-racist dislike for it.

I am sick of President Obama's policies and Chiago style of governing. His skin color has nothing to do with it!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Grow up.

What, they let 12 year olds into Carleton nowadays?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I imagine you'll see racism every time you look in a mirror. Your rationalizing of your hatred by saying they hate you shows symptoms of stereotypical American arrogance. Not only are you perptualizing hate, you're propogating a stereotype that is unfair (in cases other than yours, obviously). If Canada is so much your personal hell, why don't you go back home? Right, you can't. It might do you some good to consider for one moment that others aren't the problem. You are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Takes one to know one...

I've never read any of your stories (until this essay) because the your titles and descriptions drip racism. You need to examine your own prejudices. You always identify people by their race. People are people, look past skin color or regional origin. If you hate Canada, why not leave? OH, it sounds like there are warrants for you in Boston.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You never have anything to say other than the observations of a completely biased person... worthless

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Ottawa

Yes Ottawa is a cold place I mean ITS A GOVERMENT town. You complain anbout then stand up and be sociabe. SMile to someone on the street say hello. I grew up in Jamaica for 10 years and Im as white as they come and you know what I learnt. If you want change do it yourself. The reason why goverment jobs are hard to get into simple, you need to be perfectly bilingual, need to know somebody and most goverment jobs right rite now are set for life for that one person. Live here and listen to people at a bar andd to people who work in the goverment. The goverment isn't racist. It hates everybody equally

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wow. You sure told us!

Good thing you know so much about Canada so you can educate others!!! What a gift for the world!! Your legacy will live forever.

Mom will be proud.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wow - this was horrible

Good for you at giving it the old college try, right? You certainly don't sound as though your arrived with an open mind, ready to learn from your new environment or the people who live there. Yes, Canadians come from all places and yes, some of them bring their own prejudices with them. You sound as though you fit the bill perfectly. It's unfortunate that Carleton didn't do a very detailed interview process prior to accepting you as a student, as I have little doubt that a university education will change your pattern of critical thought.

I sincerely hope but doubt that your experience gets better, simply because you sound as though you want this to happen. If you made an honest effort to get to know some of the people around you (horror of horrors, maybe even some white people) you'd find that Canadians are pretty much the same as everyone else; we have some bigots, but apparently, so does Boston.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
You Are One Dumb Nigger

Hard to believe after reading you anybody voted for obama.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
sigh

so many rants and yet you stay -guess you get on on hating and feeling put down and one wonders why you cannot go back to Boston- maybe you do need to reflect on your issues and not assume you are awesome

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
almost amusing

this story would almost be amusing if you weren't so pathetic. you come across as a guy who likes to blame everyone but himself for his own problems.

i'd also ask, weren't you in ottawa last year? and you went back to school again if you hated it so much? sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Canadians are "cold"?

... I doubt it. "Samuelx" has vented his racist attitudes ever since he stumbled onto Literotica while looking for the Sesame Street website. While he DOES appear to be very slowly maturing (he used to say "Black" and "white", and now he says "Black" and "White"), he's still every inch a racist.

It's probably better just to ignore him. If nobody bothers responding to his vitriol, maybe he'll think that nobody is reading the garbage he submits, and stop posting.

Oh - to the anonymous person who made the anti-American wisecrack: Please don't judge us all, on the basis of one ignoramus. Last time I looked, the only people who believed that America was arrogant were Obama, Al Qaeda, and a few tin-pot dictators in Latin America. For you to make that sort of comment is only adding fuel to the fire.

Alberta  AlAlberta Alover 13 years ago
Really

I have never been to Ottawa and have spent my life in Western Canada.

There is no question that there is prejudice in Western Canada. From my experience as a blue collar Canadian of

European descent (through the experiences of my acquaintances from all areas of the world) the Canadian indian and the Indian indian are treated the poorest. Both blacks and orientals are treated much better with central americans and middle easterners somewhere in the middle.

If you were sent to Ottawa as punishment for screwing up in Boston, I would expect you to dislike Ottawa. Who likes the prison that they are in. To hate Canadians because of your punishment is just prejudice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
really dumb ass

You know what dumb ass I'm a Caribbean-Canadian first generation and I'm going to tell you the black women I know here get turned off by racist jackasses like you. Maybe you should go back to Chicago. Also I can tell you for a fact that everywhere have racism since I travel, and Canada is one of the least racist countries right now. We welcome and tolerate people from all over the world, your just seeing a small part with your narrow minded view.

Try calling someone nigger or a fagot here and even the most stuck up politician you know in Ottawa won't support that shit here cause Canadians will demand that person out of office, there will be no choice, unlike other places I know. I hope people in Ottawa are even more crappy to you now. Oh and one more thing, maybe if you had a better attitude we Canadians would have been way more friendly and open to you, but you know Canadians could smell a racist Jackass from miles away, so to bad for you I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Fascinating gateway into a slightly psychotic guy's perception.

Keep writing, and if you stop taking the meds it could get really something...unleashing that talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
just leave

Get out and get lost

not like we want you here anyway

probably on welfare back in ontario and did a con job on social services there to get reduced rental housing

hey i got an idea why dont you go home to haiti and help with the recovery down there

oh yea you would have to work - sorry i forgot about that part

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Prejudice is nearly always two-sided

Trouble is prejudice is a two-way street. Each group perceives the other as a threat, so they form their own little stockade, such as a 'black church' - what's that if not racist? Sure, they don't say 'whites are banned', but neither can the so-called 'white churches' impose the equivalent view from the other side. I have no religion, so I'm not taking sides here. I'm a [white] Briton, born in Africa and raised in several different African countries. When I was younger, prejudice was enshrined in the white man's law in a great part of Africa - formal policy in South Africa as 'apartheid', and informally practised in other territories administered by Britain, France, Belgium and Portugal. Some adminstrations were harsher than others. I wrote my M.Ed dissertation on prejudice, and did a lot of reading into the psychology, practice and results of it. It seems to me that prejudice, just like political parties, so called 'patriotism', and parochialism, are all simply forms of paranoia; funny they should all start with 'p'. It's a miracle that those two great heroes of the 20th century, Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela, managed almost overnight to annul it where it was worst without people being 'bathed in blood', as the pessimists forecast. My wife is a Brazilian whose two grandfathers were black men descended from slaves, and I couldn't be happier. Freddy, the nut from Brazil.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 13 years ago
what a load of crap!

In all fairness, Ottawa is indeed a boring city, an administrative and legal capital with a few interesting museums thrown in. However you make the mistaken assumption that all the rest of Canada is the same.

Sorry, but we never had the "race" problems that you describe; as a french-canadian, I saw more tension between the french and anglos than "white" and "black" conflicts.

Also, I have to say that I never did like you writings- I read you first few stories and was rapidly fed up with the garbage so I now avoid reading you as much as possible. The title of this piece prompted my reading it and hence, this response.

All of this makes me think that maybe the real problem is between your ears. Sorry, but that's my opinion for now, until proven otherwise. Good day to you, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Proud to be Haitian Canadian

I'm Haitian decent and grew up in Montreal, I'm proud of my haitian heritage and also proud of my Canadian heritage. I now live in the US because of work. My friend bigotry is every where on this planet, there's even bigotry among Haitian based on your skin tone. Since you are not happy in Canada, I have one word for you go back where you came from. Oh!! I have couple of States where you can go Mississippi, Alabama, Maybe North or South Dakota

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSamuelx@Samuelx
2137 Followers
I am Samuelx. I am Black. I am Male. I was born in Cap-Haitien, Northern Haiti, and raised in Brockton, Massachusetts. I now live in Canada. I am the one and only Haitian Trickster, and quite simply live only by my own rules. I...