All Comments on 'The Bar and Grill Pt. 04'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 496 Comments
grunabonagrunabonaover 13 years ago
*****

Once again, five well-deserved stars, Rehnquist. And, believe it or not, I suspected this story was based on your real life experience, with a little artistic license thrown in, of course. Much respect to you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good!

Enjoyed this story. Posted relatively quickly hint. . . hint.

Keep up the good work!

MelloYellowMelloYellowover 13 years ago
Thanks...

Stories this good are rare and are the reason I visit this site. Thank you, and please sir, may I have another?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WOW!!!

THANK YOU FOR A GREAT STORY, PRENTED IN A TIMELY MANNER. While I am sure it was not your intent, I hope your colleague, DQS1, gets the message about timing, plot development and structure, and the importance of placing characters in caring and supportive social networks. In WWWM, Debbie only has her family, and Bill only has Lew and the kids –possibly explain why both are messed up in the head.

Thanks

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 13 years ago
Not as smooth as Rehnquist's other stories, but...

I enjoyed reading this series. I thought Pt. 01 was a little slow, but the others were paced about right. Kind of saw where things were going with Randy, but this didn't detract from the story. Was glad to see wife #1 left behind; wife #2 sounds like a significant upgrade in all ways. Apology in italics at the beginning of Pt. 04 not necessary. This is a credibly written series, especially the dry humor and dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent writer

Each of your stories have been good, but this is the best. everything tied togrther. Just a good job. Dont stop!!!

sabajones623sabajones623over 13 years ago
simply masterful...

I don't normally comment but this story definitely struck a chord! As a father of 6, a 3 yo daughter and a 1 yo set of fraternal twin girls, I might be getting soft in my old age of 31. The scene in the hospital where he wakes up and is talking to his ex and his friends seriously had me tearing up!! Your words evoke emotion and I appreciate that! Keep up the awesome work and please, may I have another?

P.S. I'm gonna try that french toast recipe with the cream cheese and chocolate chips and let you know what my kids think!! I'm predicting a winner...

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Great finish

This section wasn't as revealing as the previous ones. More like meeting up with an old friend. We knew Tim and Nicole were together. I suspected that Randy would attack Tim. Of course Tim would be injured and recover. I suspected that Randy had killed Nicole's husband. The rest of it was just working through all these issues. I noticed one nit. Nicole is thinking about something Jenny said and it is written as Jenny "murmuring it" to Tim but it is Nicole who is speaking. It's easy to mix up like this. However, once again the story was just a pleasure to read. Usually stories need some plot twist or a unique circumstance to keep the readers interest. The writing in this series was good enough that it carried the story on it's own. Excellent work.

JakebntoJakebntoover 13 years ago
Loved the story, Rehnquist.

Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Jake (bnto)

Blue88Blue88over 13 years ago
Truly outstanding

Have been waiting for the concluding chapter before commenting. In my opinion, for what it's worth, this has been a truly engrossing and enjoyable read. There is actually a plot and characters about whom the reader can care; fully fleshed out (as well as one can do in a short, novella type tale) The most important point is that this is a story that was interesting and fun to read. My compliments to the author for not dawdling and getting the story out in reasonable time (hint, hint, DQS).

Thanks Rehnquist for your time and talent - I really had feared that this genre had lost most the the talent. At least we do hear from HDK, but all too infrequently. By the way, I enjoyed the cooking references - it's a shame that I have trouble boiling water. Blue88

cw159cw159over 13 years ago
Delightful story

Since I have an ACF certified executive chef in the family, I didn't feel including the recipes were overdone.

Now that being said, great story with excellent character development. Including things about Tim and Nicole's favorite music, colors and such just makes them into more of a person in my eyes anyway. Other things like the difference between the way Nina and Nicole disciplined children, the way Tim commented on what Ernie was doing also helped. While most will think Nina got what she deserved, I actually felt sorry for her since I knew and worked with someone similar. The woman I knew didn't know what she was really looking for until after she had and then lost him. She was such a sad person.

As someone else said, you could kind of see it coming with Randy that he killed Nicole's husband. When Nicole was first telling the story, it became obvious even then.

I really feel that for anyone, including you, to compare this story to WWWM is unfair. They are two different styles of story. As you said, 90% of this story is true and it is reflected in the believability of the plot. Meanwhile, WWWM is believable to me since I used to drive by UNF everyday going to work, I've been in the Duval County courthouse and in the courtrooms, have friends that live in Mandarin and know all the areas DQS1 describes in his story. But as great as it is, it's still a little over the top. I guess the easiest way to say it would be if WWWM was "Desperate Housewives," then The Bar and Grill would be "National Geographic Explorer." Both can be highly entertaining but for different reasons.

Keep up the great writing.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 13 years ago
Great!

I feel like I know these characters. I didn't want this story to end. I couldn't help feeling jealous. Are there really women like Nicole in this world? I never met one. There are stories and there are stories. This was the best I've ever read. Thanks...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
One of the best.

Well done.

Finishing this story has left me feeling a strange peace and a strong sense of camaraderie with yourself and the people you have honored by writing about them.

You are blessed to have such people in your life... but such blessings come to those who deserve them.

And I am glad that two people who had been dished up such a shitty lot could find each other and bestow on each other what you really deserve... joy. I wish you only the best, and thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well done...

I hope you really found your "Nicole".

blackbearblackbearover 13 years ago
Great story

Read all 4 parts at once....could not stop until the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
life is good when were lucky

very well written, was pleased that it was basicly a true story. my girl and i have 56 years behind us now but it's still real good. may yours be a long. only married 53 as i had to wait for her to get out of high school.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 13 years ago
It's Just Too Damn Bad

that this story is finished. I liked the characters so much that I could continue to read about them for a long time.

If you're Tim I hope the part about finding Nicole and Alistair is true.

I find myself identifying with your characters and living the story as you tell it.

Very well done, possibly better than you other works. One last request; let's not have such a long wait for your next piece please.

Thanks for you hard work and with sharing a part of your life with us.

P.S.

I think Red River shows John Wayne real acting ability better than anything else he did.

looking4itlooking4itover 13 years ago
Well I am going to be a little richer now...

I called it in the first installment...$5.00 from each and everyone of you since he did indeed end up with Nicole. That and the fact Randy killed the first husband were the only things I can say that were truly anticipatory. I have to admit I looked forward to each and every section and read it immediately. Well written, some care in grammar and spelling as regard to your readers and a compelling plot. Semi-True-To-Life or not, this was an enjoyable story. I am especially appreciative of the time spent on different personality styles of men and how they enter and function in relationships. It gave me things to think about concerning my own personality and relationships. Also, loved the cooking subplot and side bars...

Thanks

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
Now we know why there are no

big titted women in this story. The Chief Justice is an ass man! Once again, the new sheriff has shown us his fast draw! What a nice thing to have a new, and lengthy, chapter every day. Chief has shown some growth as a writer as he incorporates humor and humanity in his stories. Giving the guy that decked Randy two or three gift certificates was just another real nice touch. It is unlikely that Chief Justice and our Man of Steele could ever be in the same room as their heads muct each be the size of a third world nation after all these positive comments. The ending is the most difficult part of a story and this one ended happily, if not with a lot of surprises. We, the readers, are really very lucky to have this sort of quality offered free for the reading. If I have a complaint, it would be that our buddy, Blue88 posted a comment here, but isn't posting some new and most enjoyable stories these days. He should be barred from reading any more until he produces a few for our pleasure. Now all we go back to waiting in Q's chapter of the month club!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
Fabulous

The writing .... the character development... the plot are as fabulous as I thought they would be. And tim has n developed during the course of the story as a knew he would.

If it is true that most of this is autobiographical in some form that leads to all whole new discussion. There was nothing really the appealing about Tim's character in the first two chapters. It is not that he had a character flaw... because many of us do. It is that Tim was simply unable to see it at all. In fact it took several of his close friends saying some rather bunt and direct things to Tim before he began to develop any sort of insight into his own character flaw with women.

I am sure it this is just an aspect of MY personality and overall view of the universe BUT in serious LW stores like this one... I do not find these types of people appealling (like TIM) in the slightest.

Quite frankly I don't know how somebody goes through life without thinkng about deep issues like " what the fuck am I doing ?" ...... "is he/ she good for me?".... "is the response I am giving really what I want to say?..." and what did the Phillies do last night ?

Damn good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This was a great story.

It was really a great story and I'm bit sad that it ended. I don't know why other readers are compairing WWWM and DQS with Bar and Grill and Rehnquist, it's really UNFAIR and absurd. This is a completely different story than WWWM and both writers have their own style. If it's about quick submission, cut some slack to DQS, he has life too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
really wonderful

Really a great story. Please keep on writing. Can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed the story. The ability to create characters that people really care about is a true gift and you have it. Keep using it.

obtusemanobtusemanover 13 years ago
Based on personal life experience...

That means there is more to write...

Enjoyed it very much. 5 stars and I'd give a higher rating (if I could) because I loved the parts published promptly.

Well written and I don't feel the story suffered because the murder of the first husband was obvious from the beginning. Real stories are like that sometimes, even with creative license.

Rehnquist- excellent job. Thank you very much for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
OK, I'm Frustrated!

You tempt us with your recipes then don't give a dunce like me enough information to prepare it. Rex Stout included the recipes of some of Nero Wolfe's dinners at the end of the book. I am tempted to try some of your suggestions but need specific instructions.

Take this example from your story:

Take a block of softened cream cheese whipped together with some vanilla, stir in a handful of chocolate chips, then spread it between two pieces of good white bread. Dip it into your typical eggy french toast batter and cook it on a buttered griddle.

What sized block? how much vanilla and how much confectioner's sugar!?!

I have a brother who is a whiz chef. He made some of the best pancakes, so I asked him for the recipe. You probably already guessed it. "Take two handfuls of flour ..." My mom once made the BEST cookies I'd ever had (even if there was no chocolate). So, I asked for the recipe. Her answer, "I just grabbed what was around and added until it looked right." Great. No, I never had them again.

I know that this story wasn't really about suspense, but you did telegraph Tim's attack and that Randy killed Nicole's first husband. The only "weakness" I saw in the story concerned Tim being stabbed. I thought that Randy, crazy as he was, was foxy crazy. If you could have had it where somehow Randy doesn't realize that Tim has company, it would be fine.

Tim reminds me of one of my good buddies. If Tim = You, you really have some amazing positives going for you.

Your writing flowed well, I never felt the need to skip ahead. I caught only one obvious error, I think you meant consecutively, not concurrently for Randy's prison terms.

I usually read all the comments before I decide to add one or not. Your story was so good, that I wanted you to know how much I appreciated it, beyond the 5 stars I gave it.

Many thanks!

Ttom

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great

I love roast beef po boys and your story.

Boyd

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Really enjoyable piece of literature

It was a bit closer to a romance after the first chapter than an LW story but with that classification it got the reader attention that it deserved. When we lose someone like theCelt someone else like you takes his place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What a wonderful story for a change.

You're a fantastic writer. Keep up the good work. Don't wait too long to write another good one. Cheers Roger.

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
Wonderful writing

I'm not sure if it's easier to write because the story's 90% true or not, but you gave us a mini-masterpiece of well-written and appropriate emotions and our hopes for the hero WERE realized in spades.

You, at least, have proved that it's possible to be a Q-groupie (LOL) and still make your own substantial and individual mark on this genre. That only leaves about 6-9 other authors to follow your lead.

No hint there then!

Very well done Rehnquist. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent story

I'm not sure what you were concerned about. This was an excellent story and extremely well written. Even a true styory needs to be writtern well. All the emotions were well related or inferred.

I write and appreciate the type of examples you have set. Though I do not write for Literotica, some of the authors here give me aspirations.

Thank you for your efforts.

brujaybrujayover 13 years ago
Thank you

This was a superb story. Please keep writing for your pleasure and ours.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyover 13 years ago
Absolutely delightful!

One of the best series I have read this year! Hope you can build off what you learned while writing this and give us some good stories in the future.

Since this is based on your life, best wishes to you, Nicole, Alistair and the baby for a wonderful life together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Writing

We really enjoyed your story but the best thing we enjoyed is that we didn't have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for your next chapter. Keep up your great writings and looking forward to your stories!

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Great One

You may have been a little slow with women,but it all worked out.I like to think it is the karma thing.Well wishes.You are a great writer.As good as anyone here or elsewhere.Everyone seems to be excited about WWWM. IT has been a while since he posted another chapter. Life gets in the way,I understand that.Thats my point. Life gets in the way for readers too.I am beginning to forget the plot twists.I will not read it again to refresh my memory.But thats just me.On the other hand,I will remember the name Rehnquist and this story for a long time.Again,well wishes sir.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Thank You, for a good story.

I felt the attack was flawed, Tim should have been alone. Randy should have had the common sense to not attack Tim with a witness present. I would have liked it if Tim had been in the kitchen when he was attacked. Tim could have spun around, and rammed the chopping knife he was holding into Randy's balls before passing out. The commotion from Tim falling in the kitchen would have brought help, and Randy, with a knife in his scrotum, would probably not be able to continue the fight. From what I read of the story, Randy would probably end up as someones bitch anyway, but I wanted Tim to at least have some payback.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Really,really good

Dr.R, you brought all together beautifully. Feelings, emotions, the whole 9 right there. And fast also! Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
damn!

Great story man... Doubt you can write like this if it wasn't personal..... but if you can, next story throw in some seafood recipes. keep up the good work!

juanwildonejuanwildoneover 13 years ago
Ya done grilled the bar

Wow - very nicely done. What a joy to read a story written with such restraint. Character development was appropriate to their weight in the story. Plot lines ran through just enough to make your points - and then you moved on. And I really got a kick out of your recipe inclusion as a means of expressing Tim as Tim - that was pretty cool.

Enjoyed it and - while "seconds" is unlikely - I'm looking forward to more.

GrumpyGambyGrumpyGambyover 13 years ago
That was excellent!

Knowing that Tim is you, or you are Tim, makes this comment seem a little forward but I don't mean it like that. I thought Tim was adorable. We've all heard men being referred to as "just a big old teddy bear!" Perhaps some men might find this threatens their sense of masculinity, but women find it very endearing.

Tim was sensitive, but not passive. Enthusiastic, but not giddy. Well grounded with a strong sense of family. But best of all, did not turn Nina's unfaithfulness into cynicism and a quest for revenge. Like a strong man-- He got over it, learned from it and made himself a happier person because of it.

Still waiting for the recipe for the chicken skins, was the sweetness honey or pineapple?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Pretty good

The thing I enjoyed about this series was the dialog and scenes that involved Nina. The rest was kind of boring, and I mostly skimmed it (I don't really care for "romance" stories), but you have an interesting style. Thanks for posting.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 13 years ago
This was a really good story all around

I am a sucker for a good love story. This one was just about perfect. I like stories with good strong characters, men and women, and your story had plenty of them, even among the supporting cast.

I have been tied up on family business since Thursday so I read both three and four today; I'm kinda glad I did, gave the ending more impact. Now you can take a deep breath, relax and wait for DQS with the rest of us.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 13 years ago
very appealing(er, appetizing?) story

I'm now retired and getting more and more into cooking and since I'm french-canadian, the french cooking descriptions in your story really struck a chord in me. I've also been a fan of erotica all my life, so I was very pleased to see two of my favorite er, hobbies/interests(?) blended in this tasty literary "fricassée". I just might try those crisp chicken skins over paté de foie! I've also enjoyed your other stories, and thank you for these; please keep up writing...

An avid fan,

LeFrog

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
simply outstanding

Some of your best work, thoroughly enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Work!

I thought the story was tremendous. It flowed well and held my undivided attention. I promise I'll be all of your other works.

TJMaxTJMaxover 13 years ago
Nicely Done!

Well crafted life (and love) story. Good character depth, and the cooking sidebar made the story richer and lifelike. Thanks, this made my day. My better half and I enjoyed the tale. More, please.

gravyruggravyrugover 13 years ago
This one's gonna be a favorite for a long, long time.

Well done, start to finish, with my favorite kind of happy ending. Granted, the bad guy's moves were a bit obvious, but it wasn't a mystery. This was about how everyone else dealt with it, and I heartily approve of how they did.

blue5766blue5766over 13 years ago
Loved it

Not much more to say really. It was a great story fom start to end. I Loved it. I also agree with you plea to DSQ.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well told story!

I left the comment wondering if his dog will be taken and if the new girls man would attack him. I am happy that everything turned out well. While I don't believe you are Tim, you made him real. Tim should have known all about Nicole since its a small town and he knew her family.

Since this is fiction, I'd like to hear about Nina's development and her bratty kids and what happened to her 2x ex. How about Jammer and Jenny? Sorry R but you still have more work to do.

Thank you for your work. This was very, very good. Your style reminds me of Ohio who I think is the king of the LW stories although HDK makes them fun.

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 13 years ago
Great

Just a great fun story with a good blend of life's ups and downs. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
awesome story

I enjoy all your work and stories. thanks for sharing.

JennyBearJennyBearover 13 years ago
Great story!

Knowing it had some element of truth made it all more enjoyable for me. It made me wonder what part was fiction. I love your work TY

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Hey commentators

Fuck DSQ--this is about Renquist. He's the man!

AcatnamedsamAcatnamedsamover 13 years ago
Great!

Some of the best writing I've seen here

jkneusjkneusover 13 years ago
No problem giving this a five...Or the whole series

I liked this entire series. The characters were real, Randy was probably the least believable, but there are people like that. I was happy for Nicole and Tim, and actually sorry for Nina; she made a bad mistake and now has to live with it. I married someone like her years ago and went through something similar. Didn't get over it as fast as Tim, real life I guess. Thanks for not making Nina the "Evil bitch" we see so much of. It actually helps the rest of the story come together. Anyway, thanks for an excellent story. Looking forward to your further writing.

incestor007incestor007over 13 years ago
Too bad

its over, i would have followed the story, too bad you not dragger, in your case I wish you were dragger, you cloud have written 100 of chapters and would have read each one, thanx for very intelligent, story full of many normal and very observant characters,some characters are adorable, some are admirable, and some you feel sorry in the end, too bad for girls who could not have nice guy as father figure in their life, because their mother does not know how to move on, and it was not a mistake, she made her decision with full consciousness, she's the only one to blame, not only once but twice, and in potential future, they were kids they were needed to be taught, really i feel sorry for girls. But story was nice and honest.

It was too good to be unreal.

Thanx again

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very good read

Me thinks you must be from Georgia and have read Grizzard. After all you used his quote. Enjoyed it very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Awesome story

Thank you very much sir

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
Even Harry fawning...

....HDK that says more than anything I'd guess!...thank-you for the entertainment and some of the revelations in part 4, and for the disclaimer at start since it sheds a whole new light on your persistent "chef tell" approach to that part of the story, which seems to have worked with most readers.The great parts of this story have been repetitively lauded, there aren't any "bad" parts per se, what I am dying to know is what could have been done given the revelation that she'd been sleeping with the man that killed the "love of her life"? That was probably the most amazing coincidence in the story. And how is it that on this supposed erotic lit site, no-ones ever done squat around the butt even though they've been supposedly bumpin' for 15 or 20 years?! I have a hard time believing Boston area 70's chicks were so much more daring.!

SupaSallySupaSallyover 13 years ago
Wonderful, but a tad too sweet

This has been a wonderful story, brilliantly written. Thank you.

After 3 wonderful chapters of true to life story, I personally found this chapter just a little too obvious and a little too sweet. Maybe, as its a semi-true story, this chapter has been slightly over-romanticised.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Thank you for the story.

I like happy endings and this is one of the best. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thank YOU

for a wonderful story. I figured out pretty early that Randy probably was the killer of Nicole's husband but then this is not a detective novel. I greatly enjoyed it including the culinary tidbits. Maybe an addendum with actual detailed recipes should be in order.

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Rehnquist is the new master wordsmith!

Congratulations to Rehnquist for a truly great story, that was both compelling and fun to read. It had a good plot with good character development, but the most important part was (as with any story) is in the telling, and this story was well told, and made the reader feel as though they were there. I dunno what all this fuss is about DQS and her prolonged WWWM story. I, like the rest of you, wait with anticipation for the next installment, even though we all know she’s gonna castrate the poor bastard in the end. And yet, like the condemned walking that last mile, hoping, praying that maybe, just maybe this time it will be different, the power will fail, or the hangman's trap door will fail to open, but alas I fear the worst. I can almost hear DQS cackling with glee as she ekes out another installment to tantalize and tease before she crushes her protagonist (and her readers) with more hormonally drenched drivel designed to disparage and denigrate anyone with a set of balls. So let's quit focusing on some man hating bitch writer, and welcome Rehnquist as the new and current master wordsmith.

RehnquistRehnquistover 13 years agoAuthor
The Recipes

In response to the numerous requests for recipes, I'll cover the two most requested here.

First, the chicken skins. Sorry, folks, but I totally made this one up while I was writing the story. I can tell you that the glaze I envisioned was a mildly spicy Thai glaze, so it's going to have tamarind pulp, fish sauce, sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, and cayenne pepper. You should be able to find something like this in a web search that will turn out something similar. The vegetables are lightly dressed in a simple lime viniagrette.

Second, the stuffed french toast. This one works for 8 pieces of bread, which will make four stuffed french toast. The filling is simple: Stir together 4 oz. of softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of white, granulated sugar. If I said confectioner's sugar in the story, I was wrong. Spread this on four pieces of bread, cover with the other bread, then dip in the egg/milk/vanilla batter and cook just like french toast.

Thanks to everyone for their incredibly kind comments. I am starting to outline another story, but it will be a month or so. It will, though, be fully written before submitted and will be a multi-part detective story. That's all I'm sayin' for now!

mike2710mike2710over 13 years ago
Thank you

Thanks for this great story, and for the entertainment and last but not least for not making us wait like you know who. Will definitely read your next

Mike from Texas

almc1245almc1245over 13 years ago
Timely manner

The timely manner in which the chapters were posted makes for an enjoyable read. I agree with you that is not the DQS masterpiece, but I find it easier to understand. 'When We Were Married' and 'Side Bet Bluff' are two of the best novellas right now. However, due to the complexity and expanding cast of characters, they are a hard read. With one chapter every 3 to 4 weeks, you have to go back and reread the last the 3 chapters to get back up to speed on the story. Two of the best 'Love Me Tender' and 'Back to Bristol', had many chapters; but succeeding chapters were posted daily or every other day and made for a much more enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A great little story..

I only came up on this with the final chapter, which means I read it all in one sitting. It was sweet, funny, touching and ultimately real. Well done. Michael

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Well done!

I appreciate this tale for the content and the skill that created it. Since you admit it's more than a story, I must also admit to some feelings of shared happiness, knowing someone else has the feelings for their spouse I have for the women in my life. We are truly blessed.

Downbelow1864Downbelow1864over 13 years ago
Loved it!

Nothing much to add to all the posters, just that I found it very nice to read and while the events were somewhat predictable it was all so well written that it's hard not to like regardless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Somewhat of an anticlimax after the very high standard of the previous parts, particularly the third, but an enjoyable read nonetheless. My chief disappointment is that the various strands of the story were all resolved so predictably. Still, a nice warm glow from a happy ending on a cold autumn night is not to be sneezed at. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Please read the forewarns

While the story ended quickly the author said that it was taken from his real life. True or not it makes the stories ending more believable. I think it was a great wrap and look forward to more reading.

grogers7grogers7over 13 years ago
Excellent

Thanks for writing. Emotion, romance, and characters are real to me. Good story, even if most of it is true.

On the tech side: I grew up in a restaurant. Dad and mom owned it, had a European chef, we lived upstairs when I was a boy, then moved to a house in the city. I worked as a waiter bartender and manager while going to college. You got the experimental recipe side right, as well as the long hours and split shifts. Many regular customers knew me from toddler to young man. In midmorning before opening for lunch it was common for neighboring merchants and a police captain or seargant to sit at a large front round table drinking coffee. It was a community of neighbors.

You have written that you are a lawyer, I'm thinking you must have grown up in the restaurant business. If not, you have a very good imagination.

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
I've read this through 3 times...

...and have found so many little asides which meant something in the overall story.

I think this is one of the best written stories I've read. It helps that there was a thoroughly justified happy ending.

I particularly like your little shafts of humor in delivering a thoroughly enjoyable story that's not only 'LW' but also 'Romance' .

I can only hope that your personal circumstances are as happy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Read

Some did their best to point out what they found wrong with the story. I would hope this was being done to make you a better writer and not just their twisted, resentful way of making themselves feel better. I disagree with them, of course. I found the story to be a great read. It had all the parts a great story should. The main one, of course, is: will it be remembered? I will remember it, with great fondness. Thank You.

TigerDanTigerDanover 13 years ago

Thanks for the read. Don't be humble, or actually maybe in this case stupid and sell yourself short in comparing your talent with others. This was well done and believable. Almost everyone seemed like someone we the reader could know.

If you want to add the extras, drama, or suspense, thinking it might make a better story, thats your choice. You show the talent. Do it.

The haters?....well let em hate. More good stuff left for the rest of us that way.

Well done, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent

Well written with just the right touch of humor coupled with good character development. Not sure what kind of character you have LOL, but I like the characters you write. Please keep writing stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never read so good on lit for long time, hope you write more often,

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very Well Written

Keep it up

jimmyravinejimmyravineover 13 years ago
Great Job!

What a terrific, greatly enjoyable read. Well crafted and plotted. There are plenty of great plot devices here on Lit, and some of them are even expanded on decently. However, you took a great plot and crafted an outstanding story with tons of twists to enjoy as they come along. I have absolutely zero complaints about this story, and I'm just not talented enough to give it the praise it deserves. I can only stay humble, and say thanks.

angiquesophieangiquesophieover 13 years ago
I guess the word is cute.

Cute, as in sweet, and maybe fairytale.

Which is all right of course, even very all right

when we see how many people you entertained with

the story.

It was also extremely well crafted and lovely written.

There is an almost professional flow to it, which means

that you know what you are doing.

But this is only one way this story could have been told.

Let's say it is the cute side of the medal, and I think

it represents the point of view of the main character

you chose, Tim.

Choosing Nicole's point of view would have made for

quite a different story – a darker one, less sweet and yes,

I guess, more to my liking, but you know me...

The murder of her husband, the quick romance with

Randy, the violence, the flight, the suspicion of every

man she met... and then discovering she'd slept with

her husband's killer. My God, enough terror to put you

into a place with rubber walls. But nothing of that

in this cute version.

Well, darling, it is your choice, of course, your story

and i loved it. Thanks.

P.s.: I also truly loved the caring way you talked about food and

the ways to prepare it. I think the eroticism of making good food

together is quite underrated.

ohioohioover 13 years ago
Mr. Chief Justice,

you've asked for comments from readers and I'm happy to oblige.

First, and most important: the quality of your writing and plotting is higher than almost anything else being posted here (at least in Loving Wives). Without a doubt your stories are in the top 2%, and we are all grateful for them.

This one is, as angiquesophie has rightly said, sweet. There's some pain in it--certainly it's not hard to sympathize with Tim being abandoned so suddenly and unfeelingly by his very troubled wife Nina. And (again as angique has pointed out) the story from Nicole's side is horribly painful and traumatic.

Yet despite that it feels like a smooth, even comfortable tale, when I think about it in its entirety. There's a sense by about the middle of Ch. 2 that we know how it's going to play out (he won't take Nina back, he and Nicole will fall in love), and as we learn about Randy we can guess that he was the murderer of Nicole's husband and that they'll be one more episode with him before he's put away for good (or killed).

But many stories have predictable elements, and that doesn't mean that they aren't enjoyable. You create lively and engaging characters, including the secondary ones like Jammer, Clara, and Jenny (though she's a bit too perfect to be believed, both in appearance and sexually). And there's humor at times, mixed in with emotional or painful scenes.

I credit Harddaysknight with making a great point about adultery or betrayal stories: starting one (creating the blow-up, setting off the explosion of the marriage) is easy--it's writing a convincing and satisfying ending that's the tough part.

For me, the ending of this story doesn't quite live up to the beginning, I guess because it feels like a smooth glide to a graceful landing. But that doesn't mean the story as a whole isn't successful, because it is. Beautifully written, absorbing, and very enjoyable.

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very Nice! Really enjoyed it!

Thank you for a very good story! I gave it five stars. Looking forward to you next offering. Thanks, Ohio, USA

playhardplayhardover 13 years ago
You done good

Really enjoyed the story. Just the right amount of sex without being gross. Good plot and I always enjoy a happy ending. Looking forward to your nex submission

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
#82 Warm and Fuzzy. Life is what you make it good or Gooder

R,

Now that you've finished B&G I'll get back to Knox County, chapter 7, I think.

Great writing, easy read and life is stranger than fiction (Tim). Really enjoyed the insight from the characters POV.

Warm story w/a happy ending.

Oh, and thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great!!

Please dont stop writing..

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Anonymous

Great to see you writing again. Story line and characters were real, enjoyed the story, was one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Need another chapter to complete story

Your stories are fantastic, and usually you tie up most of the loose ends. Bar and Grill still seems unfinished to me. Tim's relationship with Nicole, the stalker confessing to murder, Jammer and Jenny getting together, etc.

swimwriterswimwriterover 13 years ago
Excellent

With words, and plot.

Thanx for nice read.

chytownchytownover 13 years ago
Read a great cook book????????

Got a damn good story out of it. "Thank You"

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice job!

Well written. A nice story with a happy ending. You seem a lttle infatuated with fingers and toungs up arses though...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Awesome dude

hell of the chapter, why not continue???????????

cageyteecageyteeover 13 years ago
Please . . .

add my name to your rapidly growing list of avid fans!

jiminabjiminabover 13 years ago
excellent

Read like one of Robert Parker's "Spencer" storiesVery good. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good mixed grill

Not being American, I can''t say the french toast with chocolate does all that much for me, but I promise to try next time there is cream cheese in my fridge.

The mix in the story is really good though. I do like both food and stories and this is a really well made mix from both accounts. although I do think it is OK to boil the chicken broth and then if you want skim off the fat after it cools.

Well written and well developed althogh predicatble.

Looking forward to read more of your works and look forward to more recipeis. Perhaps a love story in a kitchen?

svenskkarl

luvsonmeluvsonmeover 13 years ago
A True Masterpiece.

After reading hundreds of stories on Literotica, this easily falls in my top five. When you can feel the characters sadness, pain, betrayal, joy, happiness, and love, the writer has done his/hers job. Thank you for this wonderful work of art. I hope Tim;s knife stabbing was part of the embellishment you mentioned in your prologue.

P.S.

About a third of the way through when you started with recipe cooking class, I learned to skip to the next paragraph. LOL

YasdayYasdayover 13 years ago
Fantastic!

This is a master piece! I read all 4 parts in 2 sittings. My attention was captivated by the story line. The sex is erotic but it takes good writing, strong story line and likable characters to make it all work. And you have once again done a truly remarkable job. You are one of the best writers on this site. Well done.

stovainestovaineover 13 years ago
Absa-fucking-lutely amazin

Being a story, the characters, their emotions, their up and downs in life were really well potrayed, thus making for an amazing read (desert :P), and all the little receipes were like the frosting on an already amazing desert.. thanks

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 13 years ago
Wow!

Really really good. I read the whole series in one day, I just couldn't stop.

GethelredGethelredover 13 years ago
again, thank you

A lot of writers seem to forget that a plot doesn't need to be complex or dramatic- not that this wasn't- it just needs to be a great yarn, which this is. By the way, I loved the constant recipes throughout; makes the story very entertaining and me hungry. By the way, if you're tim, I really hope you didn't get stabbed, nor a randy was inflicted on your family.

This story is my favourite of yours- I think. It's difficult to tell when most of them are that good.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 13 years ago
Very Impressed...

This is the first I've read of your submissions and I enjoyed it immensely. I'll taking notes on the recipes. My wife is a wonderful cook and would enjoy trying what you describe.

Thanks,

Rich

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
great story

thank you verry much for writting such a wonderful story.we want more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
!!!

One of the best stories I have ever read on this site ... Thank You!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous