All Comments on 'Electioneering'

by JukeboxEMCSA

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
CeliaisAlienaCeliaisAlienaover 13 years ago
Jeez louise, what a talent!

I admit I've always had a wayward attraction to the 'mind control' genre-- but let's be honest, it's usually pretty 'low rent' in there! Endless formulaic bimboification and all that, yadda yadda.

I keep dipping in for another truffle from your output and I keep getting amazed with the inventiveness, wit, and playful originality on display.

You have a real talent for the construction of your stories as well--there's a seamless kind of forward-movement in each story I read. I'm going to flatter my own vanity and hope you've been stockpiling and polishing these tales for a long while, since you have the blessing of a prolific output on top of that!

Well, I hope you're not just lit's "little secret" because I'm hard-pressed to think of anyone who's dropping so many exceptional stories with such merry abandon! You deserve a wide audience, and I hope you're getting it because these stories are quite unique, and exceptionally sexy.

cowboy109cowboy109about 13 years ago
Great setup

That was a great setup, how being tired and going with the flow allowed something unusual to happen, yet everyone can relate to how letting go and being tired feels.

The cynical morale that the political establishment 'fucks' us over (literally in the story, figuratively in real life) is also a nice giggle.

If you'd want to improve something, the first paragraph was a bit of a snore. It could have needed something intriguing to pull me in to read the story. I understand, the first paragraph sets everything up by painting how exhausted Betsy is. Though, perhaps there is a creative way to get how dull Betsy feels, yet as a reader to not feel as dull as well :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

you sure do like music

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous