All Comments on 'Courtship'

by vqfarrold

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Admirable

This is an expertly crafted story narrated in a warm and natural voice so that it is convincing as well as entertaining. The subtle elegance of the storyline and the engaging characters completely masked the disparate nature of the elements required for the story. Bravo!

ZottedZottedover 13 years ago
A very well written story that went far beyond the requirements of the exercise.

5 Stars.

hanna_ahanna_aover 13 years ago
Nice

Well done, a little bit sad because of the lost chance. I like the historic background. But are you sure that, in 1980, there was an Olympic Women's Tennis Competition? I think they made tennis Olympic only later ...

hanna_ahanna_aover 13 years ago

Well done, a little bit sad because of the lost chance. I like the historic background. But are you sure that, in 1980, there was an Olympic Women's Tennis Competition? I think they made tennis Olympic only later ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I loved the wit in this story---

---To begin with, the pun between the title and the events - the tennis COURT and the COURTship of a potential lover. The best joke was the claim by the Russian woman to 'identify herself with' the views of the Soviet newspapers, but then she would not express her own views to avoid 'identifying herself'. The joke's punchline comes late, when she says she still identifies herself with the views of the newspapers because she now owns them in the post-Soviet capitalist era. This tells us about the difference between oppression and the freedom to express your own views rather than slavishly echoing the official view or keeping your mouth shut. There's a lot to be said in favour of using humour to poke fun at oppression, and although it's now all in the past, I believe this story will enlighten many readers about the horrible Soviet and other communist oppression of free thinking, and alert them to the fact that there are those who want to re-establish oppression. The macho thug Putin is diguising his oppression under the pretence that Russians are now free. Bullshit in spades. Thanks for a good laugh - well several good laughs - and I wish more of these sexually oriented stories were vehicles for serious consideration. Humour and seriousness are NOT incompatible.

Freddy, the British nut in Brazil

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 13 years ago
Quite lovely

If you could enter the competition in my cw class, you would win. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
glad

im just glad it isnt the same old sex story(;

THANKS!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
uservqfarrold@vqfarrold
9 Followers
I write for my own pleasure and post my writing here in the hope that others may find some enjoyment in it too (thanks, Literotica, for providing that opportunity). Some of it springs from my fantasies, some from experience, some from suggestions of others. I try to be origi...

story TAGS