All Comments on 'Writing Real Sex'

by Selena_Kitt

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
PostScriptorPostScriptorover 13 years ago
As often is the case,

some of the most prolific and highly rated writers on this site are also the source of some of the best, and most useful information and techniques for others who wish to write. This was especially so. After all, what would Literotica be without great sex scenes? Thanks Salena_Kitt!

cbarkins54cbarkins54over 13 years ago
Thank you!

This is so helpful! I have been struggling with this for a long time and while you make it seem somewhat simple and in a sense it is it's as you said it's important to get those feelings across and make your readers feel it too and therein lies the dilemma. But still this is/was very helpful and I for one am very grateful.

Orion2012Orion2012over 13 years ago
Enlightenment is golden

Thanks for posting your thoughts. Your insight will be extremenly helpful in my future stories.

JPA51JPA51over 13 years ago
Great stuff, Selena

All very true. It probably comes down to two basic rules. One, visualize what you see as you write it: if you can't see it in your own mind, your reader won't see it either. Two, get inside your character's head, and describe exactly what he or she is seeing, feeling and above all thinking: sex happens in the body, but our feelings about it are in our heads.

I can't agree with "cum", though, at least not as a verb.

PennLadyPennLadyover 13 years ago
A lovely service

Thank you. I especially can't tell you how glad I am you mentioned the over-long dicks and gravity-defying busts. I find those things take me out of a scene -- unless it's intentionally funny -- quicker than just about anything.

Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftover 13 years ago
Finally saying what needs to be said

I mean how often has a good story been ruined by descriptions of impossibly huge male members and breasts that defy gravity.

This how to has come at a good time, as one particular sex scene is giving me trouble, and hence prevents me from submitting what I have so far. I will be applying your suggestions.

So a big thank you for your timely advice.

litfan10litfan10over 13 years ago
well said! A great writer's aid

You clearly proved your own writing skills with this piece!

Such great, realistic practical advice presented in a way that transfers the info clearly and effectively! This is great.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! Well done!

Mentor de LyonMentor de Lyonover 13 years ago
Thanks

Dear Selena,

Thanks for writing this. I enjoy reading your work.

Warmest,

Mentor de Lyon

shandalshandalover 13 years ago
Totally agree

it drives me crazy when a story is ruined by totally absurd and unrealistic sizes of pricks and boobs, or one minute a character is totally dressed, including tights and then next screwing without any explanation on how they got past the clothes or what they did with them.

I like to be able to imagine, much like watching a film, from reading a story and in many cases writers are so focused on the size of a dick and not the personality and characteristics of a character that it spoils a story, or being able to visualise the scene.

I agree with you, the description of removal and lead up to the final act of sex, the flirting and the sheer tension can be as erotic as the actual act itself.

SwiverGuySwiverGuyover 13 years ago
Top notch advice

Your article exactly describes what I try to do in my work and what value in the best stories on this site. Living, breathing characters; a slow burn with lots of tension; good, honest, emotion-filled sex.

I agree with you about ludicrously-proportioned body parts. I recently started reading a strip poker story where one man's cock was 12 inches while still soft and another man's needed a magnifying glass to see it! I laughed, pressed the back button, and looked for something more sensible.

LexyHarperLexyHarperover 13 years ago
Great Advice!

Selena deserves every bit of her current success. She has worked hard and yet has always taken time out to share with others. She is a classy kitty cat!!!

Lexy xxxx

Dave_Loves_PussDave_Loves_Pussover 12 years ago
Keeping it real

I agree with keeping the characters and actions as real as can be. Sex is real and a real turn on by itself and it doesn't need flashy perfection or exaggerated parts to get people off. I am quick to click to the next story when I see a guy who plows everything around with his 10 inches, including a girls first time anal, or a story that says something like "she sucked me, then I fucked her and she came 4 times." How technical and stale. Writing needs to include all of the details, the hands, the eyes, the lips, the breathing, the body movements, the aromas, and it needs to be 100% believable for me to get off on it.

Thanks for the great tips. I am waiting for my story to come out of the "pending" status to continue the series.

februaryfrostfebruaryfrostover 12 years ago
thanks!

Thank you for writing this! It's great advice, very helpful.

SkylarFallingSkylarFallingover 11 years ago
Great work

There is no 'how to' for any sort of creative writing, but this gathers up some of the most important ideas about writing erotica, from the fumbling around with my keyboard I've done. :)

"It can be like dying". This reminded me, I got told a long time ago than an old french phrase for orgasm translated to 'the little death'.

LarryArcherLarryArcheralmost 11 years ago
Great writer of dirty stories

Love your stories and how you describe your characters. Really good writing and really enjoy reading from a girls point of view. How about some more stuff to read while I clean the "stuff" off my display. LOL

TooCleverByHalfTooCleverByHalfabout 10 years ago
Good list!

I'd only add one thing, springboarding off your missing clothing mention.

During sex scenes, I always keep track of two sets of things: everyone's clothing and everyone's limbs. For these purposes, heads and long hair count as limbs. I've spotted numerous account of positions the author clearly knows nothing about, or else they've decided to omit from the story inconvenient consequences like charlie horses, sleeping appendages, genital pain, and other things that happen when you forget the buxom blonde still has a left leg and a limited number of vertebrae.

DaMithDaMithabout 8 years ago
Thanks

Some excellent advice. Thank-you.

LargoKittLargoKittabout 4 years ago
Show and Tell

Selena, my sister, I would only add one key note to this fine primer: be spectific. That is, let us see the particular details of an actual person. "... kissed the tiny teardop-shaped mole at the left corner of her mouth ..." "She found herself rubbing his bald spot as she came again." "Her blue-eyed ginger cat never stopped looking at him as he ..." A pink condom. A skull ring on the finger entering her. You get the idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm a Blackman and I own white slaves literally love white slaves that perfer us blackmen only and hates Whiteman period

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm a Blackman l love owning whitewemen as my salves period they have to and must hate whitemen period

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Mit 14 lesben sex mit BFF (18)

yarnspinnerryarnspinnerr9 months ago

Thank you Selena. I actually have the same process, I just do it. And often my stories will go places I never expected.

Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes I am not so sure, lol

I totally agree with your rule on not stopping during the sex scenes, and would have to add, don't stop when the story is flowing, sex scene or not.

I've had to do it, and no the house wasn't on fire and we weren't under nuclear attack. I was simply going to be late for work. And let's face it, writing porn doesn't pay the bills for most of us.

But when I have had to stop, and I came back to it, I never try to simply pick up where I left off.

Because you are right, the mood will usually be different.

I force myself to go back to the beginning. Proofread what I have. Get back into the minds of those characters. Get myself, and my characters back to where we were.

And let the fun resume! ;->

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous