All Comments on 'Herd of Donkeys'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Makes one think

Makes one think that hope and the spirit of giving is alive and well,

and might well need to give the us donkeys a gentle prod to get us moving.

seeker71seeker71over 13 years ago
Glad I read that.

Once upon a time our family would buy gifts for other families at Christmas. We worked on home repairs for the elderly and I made meals for the sick through our church. My family lost everything when my husband decided he no longer wanted to be a father or a spouse. It has been a difficult three years for the kids and myself but things are stabilizing. One of the things I missed most was helping others, your post reminded me of that. This year, for the first time in a while I will be able to add to the herd again instead of being a recipient of a "donkey". Thank you for your words.

Shell

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Kudos

A wonderful post and a wonderful practice! Similar efforstcan be achieved through Heifer International!

May God Bless you (whatever name you call him).

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
you are a good man from a good family

I am a Chinese reader, I enjoy the writing and i can tell you in my country there are many people living under poverty line without access to basic living essentials. Some living in cities do not have access to good reading materials, especially when learning English.

so if you can help them or just get some contacts to help them make a difference in their lives, it is great.

my email: fld200305@sina.com, for friendship or charity, you are welcome!

RedHead*MuseRedHead*Museover 13 years ago
Beautiful!

Moving and inspiring in a truly gracious, humble way!

sadangelsadangelover 13 years ago
Thank you for the reminder

I needed this reminder. may all of us have our Herd of Donkeys grow larger this coming year. May we remember that giving is worth more than what we receive...unless of course you're receiving a well for water, food, and such.

rbingramrbingramover 13 years ago

Absolutely brilliant and a true inspiration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Save the Donkeys

Like most luxury items in our country, (and donkeys are pets, not transportation or horse power for us) donkeys too have suffered from the downturn in the economy.. people loosing their ranches and farms and leaving their animals behind... not having money to feed the donkeys .. trying to reduce the herds.. i adopted three donkeys for my grandkids, and the breeder now only has to feed 37 instead of forty...

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
*****

Five.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
1527 Followers
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...