All Comments on 'Retaliation'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well Done!

I always go through the new stories and when I see your name, it's an automatic read.

This story, like all your others, is very good!

The very Best to You.... Thanks for sharing your creativity.

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
Anonymous, You are absolutely right!

DG,

I saw your named contribution and held my vote....... till I read the story.

A 6. Thanks for sharing on Lit.

X

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Ummm...

I thought The Wanderer's quote was "Life goes on"?

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Excellent Story

I'm always excited when I see your name on a posting, and as usual, you didn't disappoint. It must be nice to be able to write such warm heartfelt stories, that please on so many levels. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
"... a loaf of bread, a [glass] of wine and thou beside me ... ."

Sorry, DG, but you have earned a 'whap' in the wilderness instead of a song for the following passage from your story: "She called me and asked me to meet her at a restaurant. When I got there she was already there having a glass of wine and waiting for me. She smiled when she saw me." Your character, Mary, is obviously mature enough to know that one never consumes alcohol during at least the first trimester. Bad move, very bad move! Sorry I have to leave this comment as anon, but I'm having difficulty with my password. ---Vanesca

DG HearDG Hearover 13 years agoAuthor
DG Hear: I stand corrected.

You are right, I stand corrected. 'Life goes on' is his favorite ending, he's an author friend of mind and I'm sure he won't worry about the mistake. Thank you all for taking the time to read my story, much appreciated.

DG

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Delightful Tale

Interesting, normal people some with bigger defects than the others. All finding a way to enjoy life.

Thanks!

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 13 years ago
Nice little tale

Interesting story, though really too brief. Also, you gave us one line which I found strange; "Sasha had her baby and of course it was bi-racial but a very beautiful baby." Huh?

I was also bothered by Mary drinking, although total abstinence is not necessary of course. I was disappointed that no mention was made of breast feeding, one of the most beautiful parts of motherhood.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I don't get it!?!?!

This author writes a tale about a classic doormat. Can't find himself a woman his own age, so sets himself up while in his early 20's with a woman double his age. Is this the best he can do?!?

And everyone is gushing about his brilliant writing and stunning storytelling abilities? Am I missing something? This was about as generic and emotionless as a story can be, and people are practically falling at their knees for this guy? I mean the story, although I don't particularly think was brilliant, was reasonably written, and at least nothing in it was offensive (except for all the over-politically correct descriptions). Why is everyone so wrapped to read this guy????

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice story but...

The following line made no sense.

"I'll make it real easy for you Mary. There are only two reasons I won't marry you. First, if you've been lying to me and the baby isn't mine."

BillPorterBillPorterover 13 years ago
The name of the story

The name of the story is Retaliation, yet when Mary asked him, if that is why he went after her,he said

"NO IT WAS NOT".Is that the way a marriage should start,with a lie.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 13 years ago
Nice

But I think you made too much of the bi-racial aspects. It really had nothing to do with the story's theme and served as a distraction.

If the two had been black and white and love prevailed over the objections of parents, friends and community, that could have been woven into the thread of the story. In this case, it was like mentioning he wore size 15 shoes, then mentioning it several more times. Irrelevant.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Nice read thanks

Another one Please

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
Good Story! Nice Ending!

Good Story! Nice Ending! Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good story but

The line that read, "I am of mixed race due to my ancestors" got me laughing so hard I spilled my coffee.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966over 13 years ago
Nice Story

DGH another wonderful story. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
retaliation

let's see she paid her employees nothing lived in a big house while i would imagine whoever work for her were living on the streets, she got knocked up by her hired help, her husband is living with his and her son ex wife and their only grandchild. In real life what would be thought of her and her family,i wonder, but i really know not much.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
quite good....

a warm loving tale about people...mostly lonely and hurt... trying to make it through their lives as best they can. Not sure I see the "Retaliation" per se... buta good tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Could not

Hated your bragging ass main character after the first couple of paragraphs. Could not read this shit. You used to be a good writer, must have bumped your head really hard.

Mongo837Mongo837over 13 years ago
Glad to see

your back writing !!!!!!!! I hope you have several others on the drawing board as well . I like your stories but didnt find a whole lot to like about most of the characters in this one as most were sleezy in their own way . Good read anyway , 3 stars . I just skimmed but will read closer later .

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Disappointing

I couldn't make it through the first page, nevermind the whole story. I hate bragging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
rushed

rushed, stupid, annoying, depth-less, in short a bad story with awful characters who all deserve each other.

P.S;the main leads suckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Okay story.

I enjoyed reading the story. It had a feel good factor to it. Anyway glad to see you back writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Overall good but..

When Sasha went to Tom is was thinking " the aristocrats "

Tom and Sasha hooking up just wasn't needed for the story. Though I still think there is more need for closure revenge on Billy boy. He got off too easy as did sasha.

It would have been a tighter story if Tom didn't get any of the business and Sam got it all. That would have been a great payback on sasha and bill.

Perhaps you could have wrote something about mary naming Sam as a full partner in the business.

monsterer23monsterer23over 13 years ago
creative crisis???

he was one of my favorite Literotica writers,til latest stories.... whats going on??? author with such big potential and great amount of excellent stories start posting cheap interracial crap... ugly and unrealistic...such a disappointment...

p.s. and its not loving wives category for sure

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Nice job

I guess this is a case of "living well is the best retaliation". I'm sure Bill sees it as revenge but Sam is just living life to his own satisfaction, working hard, and taking advantage of the opportunities that come his way. There were several points in the story that I felt the writing was done to make a point and fit awkwardly into the story. Most of your writing seems to flow organically and these points stick out because they didn't. But that's a quibble to an overall very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Stopped reading at this line... "Bill told me that you and he often swapped. He said you would probably be having sex with Judy. I didn't know till after it was over that he had lied to me."

If you're too lazy to put an effort into your stories, I'm certainly not going to waste my time on them. Please, do something else with your time.

SalamisSalamisover 13 years ago
An enjoyable read

Good to see you using characters of more varied backgrounds and writing stories with a little more complexity.

I’m not surprised by the comments about the interracial nature of the characters. For all the intellectual freedom that a forum like Literotica offers, the stories here rarely take chances. Sexual behavior may be discussed but race is rarely.

Thanks for taking some of those chances with this very enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
sorry to say it

as good as the story was, don't try to be "fancy". just because others.......you don't have to prove that.....because these are not your stories. thanks for antoher good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
never

thought i'd see a great one succumb to the obama mama and kim kardashian rage. yes, it's inevitable, the minority hard working, educated white(college and on the job) taxpayers are destined to foot the bill for the kids of the b.d. blacks and good looking blondies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Comments seems strange to those of us outside the US...

when they criticise the story for having a selfcentric character. Many of us 'aliens' see the dominant Republican view as a me-me-me philosophy that bears scant regard for the betterment of society in general. I will never understand why Americans crave 'smaller government' but expect it to have the power to solve all their problems in times of trouble.

ChieftonChieftonover 13 years ago
Wonderful Story

People in love creating life and making others feel good, I wonder why there was so many negative feedbacks.

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 13 years ago
Very nice story

Can't believe people are writing something negative. I loved it!

deadsoondeadsoonover 13 years ago
Good story

Young and old, black and white, have and have nots, lazy and driven... An enjoyable ying and yang story. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This is the best story I've ever read from you DG.

This is the best story I've read from DG. I expect that there will be some complaint about the story, but it read good to me.

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
Life goes on, and damned if I don't agree with Harry for once.

DG, Dave and Jack are best of the best and I don't find it surprising that they are friends. This is one of the best stories that I have read on this site in a long time.

rphinneyrphinneyover 13 years ago
I didn't get the point...

I think the story failed to get any point across. You lost me at the earliest paragraphs. You were describing the relationship between Sam and Bill, and lost me completely.

You said Bill was Sam's best friend, and then went on to explain in great detail exactly why they should have been anything but friends. Rivals, enemies, antagonists certainly, but friends?

They didn't act friendly, they had no shared interests, no common background, they never behaved in any type of friendly manner, and in truth they didn't even view each other in any affectionate manner. Just how were they friends?

Once this contradiction occurs, the remainder of the story makes no sense whatsoever. It all just seems contrived, as if the author can say they were friends just to establish some form of tension when bad things occur between them, when in fact nothing nice has ever occurred between them.

I am almost inclined to believe someone has hacked DG Hear's account to post this story, because it seems so much less thought-out and developed than earlier stories, but then, maybe the well of imagination has just gone shallow...

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
Nice Story

He set out for revenge, but found love instead.

Well written and a very smooth reading story.

Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
nice one

Well done

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantover 13 years ago
Too predictable

No tension. The characters are stock The sex not particularly hot

DeckviewDeckviewover 13 years ago
Nicely written, good story, but not your best

Too predictable and not much real tension to work through...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
An excellent story.

One of the best I've read for some times. Keep up the good work. Cheers Roger.

mcwiiimcwiiiover 13 years ago
Magic

The master at work, Thanks DG.

bartolobartoloover 13 years ago
Heart warming story

This is one of the best short stories I've read. It's in the tradition of DG Hear. But some aspects of your writing style have changed since your most prolific years, a few years past.

Glad you are back with your original, strong, to-the point stories. Please keep writing.

chytownchytownover 13 years ago
I had to give.

You five stars I enjoyed this story. "Thank You" for a great read!!!!!!!!!

Ducky7Ducky7over 13 years ago
Liked it, good story

If this were real life I doubt this would have really happened, someone would have been dead before it go to the happy ending. Good story anyway.

BigK10BigK10about 13 years ago
As they say...

"The best revenge is a life well lived." Samuel stepped up to the plate and smashed out a home run without stooping to Bill & Sasha's level. A well-crafted tale as well. Easily, a 5 Star effort!

P.S. If Bill had named Luke, you could have cheesed off a bunch of Stars Wars fans with Samuel's line, "Luke, I am your step-father." ;-) (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Very good story.

Not much revenge but I see no purpose in revenge anyway, especially against an exgirlfriend and the guy that fucked her. In that case revenge is stupid.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Good

I agree with DWornack comments on this one.

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
Excellent!

I also agree with Wornock on this story, a fine story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncuck

for some reason hates police, gay people and anyone over the age of 18: wouldn't agree with turd on anything

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncock is so dumb

she stuck a phone up her ass to make a booty call

BaronScrewtapeBaronScrewtapeover 12 years ago
Mistitled

There was no retaliation here.

It should have been titled 'Capitulation'.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
gave it a well deserved 5 Star

Well written and it really made since.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Really?

the main character is a saint and rest are human. Pleeeasee!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
There's no reason he had to work there,

there are other jobs out there, especially for someone who supposedly was at the top of his class.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 11 years ago
DG, this ranks up there with the best of your other stories.

Thank you for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
As usual one of thee best writers.

Fantastic writing, you can make your stories real. Thank you D G H.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

That was odd to say the least. Well written but this guy was like Mr. Super man/daddy/accountant/everyfuckingthingelseunderthesun. There is no such thing as a man that perfect. Also, where was the retribution???

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Excellent

I wouldn't call it revenge or retaliation. Let's just call it fate. Great tale.

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
Nice story; inappropriate title

This story was slow and gentle. It had a vast amount of human interest in its content. The characters had plausibility and felt very real. The outcome was real feel good with the exception of Tom and Sasha.Tom and Sasha were the lowest of the characters and more time and energy on their description could've driven more emotion into this story. Five stars was the worst this story could score for me.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
the finest kind of retaliation

Phil, I have to disagree with you're questioning of the title to this delightful story. In my experience, the very best retaliation on those who have done me wrong, is to maneuver them into a situation where I am no longer the focus of their attentions.

It never takes much time before they are at one another's throats. Action junkies always need a quick fix and rarely consider the consequences of their destructive activities. Watching my enemies mindlessly tear at one another with 'fangs & claws', always brings a smile to my face.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
A LOT OF BACK HANDED REVENGE

and the cream rose to the top. TK U MLJ LV NV

CrisInGACrisInGAover 10 years ago

Anon asked where the retribution was. I'm thinking that the best revenge is putting yourself in a position where retaliation for past slights is just too trivial to spend any real time on.

Think about it, Sam is already Bill's stepfather and will no doubt take over the company when Mary decides that she has had enough. Besides that Bill is going to spend the rest of his career waiting for Sam to drop the hammer so it really doesn't matter if he does or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Sam should count his blessings that Bill was such a bad friend. Can you imagine being tied to a woman like Sasha? It's often been said, that the best revenge is living well. Sam has certainly done that, so I don't see much of a reason to name this story 'Retribution'. To Bill it must have certainly felt like it, though.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Great Story

I do have a couple of nit-picks -

You mention him being in the "Honor Roll" section. Honor Roll is for Elementary and Secondary schools. In college it's called the Dean's List.

You refer to Ethel as "elderly". If she is working to a normal retirement age she is only in her mid sixties, which is hardly elderly. You did something similar in another story where you referred to a woman in her sixties as being unable to care for the baby. Again, that isn't that old and it happens all the time.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 9 years ago
Stiff

I've read and enjoyed a number of this author's works. The story line on this one was good but the dialogue seemed very stilted and unrealistic. It seemed a bit off. Maybe I'm too tired or am holding this to a higher standard but for whatever reason this one didn't measure up.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 9 years ago
Well done

A great storyline and a well written story.

I really enjoyed the read.

Thanks

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

Had all the right pieces without the violence. Nicely told.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 8 years ago
so when you sixty

she would've been dead for 20 years all ready

sinsational83sinsational83over 8 years ago
GOOD JOB

Very well put together and absolutely well written. Of course I would expect nothing less of you. this story was damn good reading and I enjoyed it very much. once again very good job I loved it. Five stars for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Solid 4

Heartwarming with a good dash of naughty thrown in.

I really liked it!

VapspegeoVapspegeoalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful

I liked this story it gives warm feelings. He fell in love with the woman who he always lusted for but, got to act upon the feelings which were returned. We all should be so lucky. Love is a fleeting thing and when you find it grab it with whatever you have. That feeling will be with you forever when its real. Because someone is young does not mean they will live as long as you. Young people get sick too and go away. How does the song go "Everyone I know goes away in the end," but,the good thing about a well written story the people will always be the same as they are in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Warm Chills

Very easy reading and understanding. Well written. Actually so real to life and verrrry believable. Got a warm and fuzzy feeling reading this. Would like to read more like this. Looking forward to additional submissions. Keep up the good work.

zatzoy14zatzoy14over 7 years ago
All this in one story

You should be Very, very proud to have written such a good story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Waiting...

Where was his revenge on Bill? Still waiting. Good for 4.

Sawdusty1Sawdusty1over 7 years ago
A Wonderful Realization

This is a warm fuzzy after some cruelty. People can be so cruel and heartless. This makes up for it. A Wonderful read. Enjoyed it very much. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1 star

HE IS A PUSSY!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
KarenE

Wake up this is a story written by DGH. He never said which universe the story is set. Stop trying to apply real life stuff. If it makes you uncomfortable get over it!

Rocketmann21Rocketmann21over 6 years ago
The best line

If you want to hurt a guy what better line could you use “I fucked your mother or sister”. It wasn’t said but, l was thinking it. HG Hear I know you wrote a love story.

Perks40Perks40over 5 years ago
5 stars

Great story..5 stars from me...

sas6446sas6446about 5 years ago
UGH!!!

Pathetic....should have kicked Bill's ass when he found him with Sasha!

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Don't know

Don't know how anyone could say Sam didn't get retribution. He dodged the gold digging Sasha , he married Bill's mother and will run the business. Bill winds up with another company, and loses the gold digger to his father. Sam won it all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Like him or not

This author always delivers the goods. As a side benefit, he knows how and when to write the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Story

Very entertaining. And Sam got the best revenge of all. He married Bill’s mother, so now Bill gets to call Sam “Daddy”. My God, that’s got to hurt. But from the outside looking in, it’s funny as hell. Like I said, very nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
How come

How come he never mentioned to Mary his mother's birthday until she rang him up to bring something for dinner?.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

"This was my grandmother's ring"

Grandma's ring for a grandma... Very fitting.

There must have been a 20+ year age gap between him and Mary, which was pretty gross. A milf fantasy is fine for a brief fling, but marrying her? By the time he's 40, she'll be a pensioner!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Thoughts

"Bill told me that you and he often swapped" - Of course she doesn't wait until Sam comes back to check with him.

What's the big deal with anal, other than the fact that most women apparently won't do it?

Number one, I'd be "Sorry, I won't be going to the wedding." Number two, HE can be the "bigger man" all he wants, but what about Bill? His mother MAY be able to keep a lid on him, but eventually Bill will be taking over the company. I would take on the computerization on a consultant basis, then move on.

"What about Sasha and you trying to get even with me." - Why would Sasha try to get even with him? She's marrying him! Does he mean Judy?

"Some day I would like to have a talk with you and explain to you why I did it." - Bull crap! She already told him why, or was that a lie?

Why not negotiate a higher wage? It's already going to be difficult with Bill there, why take an under-market salary to boot?

Ooh, paid holidays! How generous.

Ethel said it was partially her fault that Bill was spoiled? I think he meant Mary's fault?

"it was bi-racial but a very beautiful baby" - Bi-racial BUT beautiful? Is there any reason why bi-racial WOULDN'T be beautiful?

"I thought that Bill would be managing this business and he kept telling me you would be working for him." - Now THERE'S a great reason to cheat on your boyfriend! And how could the baby be Sam's since he always used a condom?

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Just a good story and enjoyed

I wasn't sure at beginning but it was nicely done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
When the love bug bits...their are no rules............

This story went from one friend stabbing anothe friend in the back...to a wonderful love story...this story was a pleasure to read....Thank you to ths Author......

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was stupid.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Again. That was a messed up bunch of folks, but Sam and Mary definitely came out on top. Great story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

The contrast between the various couples is so strong that it can't help but drive home the point. Those with character are happy and those without are not. Lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sasha deserves Bill as her penance and to continue her sentence, she will be with Tom the philander

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Terrible story

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

AS USUAL MR. DG HEAR TOPS THE CHARTS AGAIN. 5 STARS!

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 3 years ago

pointless points

More pointless points from Capt. Obvious. (sbrooks)

He asks a question then answers it himself. How funny. It's like he can't think within his own head without saying it out loud.

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 3 years ago

@Anonymous

Terrible story

How many stories have you written?

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Page 1

He shouldn’t blame Bill. He should blame himself for being a perpetual dumbass.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5718 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories