All Comments on 'Santa, All I Want For Xmas is a Job'

by andtheend

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
2275jr2275jrover 13 years ago
A BLOW JOB SOUND SO NICE WHY NO ME I ASK

brilliant story love it from start to finish. it was both funny and a real great read. you never fail to put a smile on my face. may be i can do some thing for you in return. sorry i can't give you a job lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WRITE ON !

MY FEELINGS EXACTLY !!! IF YOU DO NOT WIN A JACKPOT SOON, I SUGGEST THE MEDICAL FIELD. I KNOW, IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE BUT EVEN IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK IN THE CLERICAL END IT'S BETTER THAN WHAT YOU HAVE NOW. GOOD LUCK, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL. WISHICOULDHELP

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I Want One, Too

A job! You are right. There are millions of us out there asking for the same thing this year. The best country in the world has created an atmosphere in the corporate world they can still run without good people. Too bad the government doesn't start thinking like the corporations. They can start by taking away their cars and reimbursing the workers the lousy 23 cents a gallon that normal workers get.

I liked how you did the replies--helped roundout the category of the letter.

I'd send you a lottery ticket, but I don't have your address.

Good luck in the contest and I hope Santa can come through for you, too.

2275jr2275jrover 13 years ago
another awesome story love it

you never fail to get me some thing that i can enjoy.

so let me say this to you. thank you love it oh boy.

so keep them cumming Ilove them so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The Unemployed Are Vindicated! Thank you!

The author did a great job describing the causes of unemployment, the lack of effective government assistance, and the plight of millions that are in a terrible situation. The anger, depression, and abject frustration at the situation rings loud and clear. The readers will feel vindicated as well as relieved that someone understands and can articulate their voice for them. The writing talent does for the unemployed victims what they cannot do for themselves. That is to be heard. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
New thought on Tough Christmas

Susan: You did a great job on bringing the angst of the economy and the hopefulness of Christmas together. Its a very good story. I'll share it with a few friends of mine. Again thank you for your writing abilities!!!

Mike

YoursSINSerelyYoursSINSerelyover 13 years ago
The Government Needs to Read This Story

Maybe if they read what real people are doing to try to stay afloat, they'll get the hint to start creating some work in this country. We need to get our abandoned factories up and running again. They're still there, vacant eyesores in every community across the country. I'd be happy sewing men's sexy bikini underwear in one of those buildings. They don't get it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This says it all, all that I've been thinking

I never read this category but the title caught my attention, since I'm unemployed, too.

It's weird to see everything I've been thinking in words and in a story.

I've been walking around with all the same thoughts in my head, but I could never write them in the way this writer did.

Millionaires on TV are hard to take when you don't have a job and don't have any momey. And I laughed when the author wrote about those rich Wall Street asses standing there ringing the bell.

Too funny to read about Paris Hilton, Britney, Lindsay, Kim, and Miley. Yeah, that about sums them all up.

Only, it's sad that we're adults writing to Santa Claus for a job, when there are not jobs. I've been out nearly 4 years, so I know what it's like. The last 20 years, I've worked 8 and scrambled to make money somehow, someway for the remainder of the years.

I gave you a 5 vote, but know that I found this story as depressing as I did funny. You are a talented writer to evoke those kind of emotions from an old guy like me, who has seen it all and done it all.

Great job. Good story. Everyone who is out of work needs to read this. Maybe if we all got together somehow, our government will do something to help us, before helping everyone else in the world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
You did it again - 5 stars!

You certainly are a talented writer - one who can send a bleak message about the state of the economy, personalize it, and inject a bit of humor into the story. Very moving ... thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well written

A lovely story and as usual well written. A lot of people will see themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Not A Hater, just disapointed

To see the prejudice statements in this story was disappointing. "If I was Jewish blah blah." I'm Jewish and I'm having the same problems. The statement that if the child was hurt enough that they would need to visit the emergency room it would be put off because of gas was disturbing. It was no wonder that the Dad got the children and it wasn't due not having the job. She said she would take any job and was not lazy but would turn down a job at McDonald's? I know you have many stories in the contest but please stop. Quality not quantity is the best and alas this should have stayed on your computer. I hope you go back any remove the offending material.

andtheendandtheendover 13 years agoAuthor
Not a hater, just a basher

Not a hater, just a basher.

For you to get on your high horse over the remarks made in a "fictional" story tells me you looked high and low to find something to bash (lol).

Listen, I'm sorry you work at McDonalds. Tell me which one, so that I won't eat there (lol).

Of course, either you are really stupid and/or have no sense of humor to get the kid with the hospital part. Yet, that's okay.

This is a story that needed to be written. Too many of the unemployed walk around with their hands in their pockets and their heads down. As a writer, I'm here to tell all those who do not have a job, it's not your fault.

In the scheme of things, we are just pawns. It is the big plan to rid American of Unions and to lower the wage to 3rd world countries. If the Republicans have their way, they'd lower the minimum wage, instead of raising it.

It's unfortunate all those who are out of work and out of hope can't band together and march on Washington, in the way they did in the old days. It's time for a protest. It's time for a sit-in. It's time that we are heard, yet, again.

Now, they are debating about raising the age to retire? Why? There are no jobs?

Now, they want to slash the Social Security. When our political leaders take a pay slash is when the rest of us should take one.

Aren't you all fed up? Aren't you just tired of all the lies and the spin?

Weapons of Mass Destruction. It wouldn't surprise me if Bush knew the planes were going to hit the Twin Towers, only he didn't know they'd fall. He figured they're only be a few hundred people killed, not a few thousand.

Why are we fighting another war? The war is here at home?

Why are we fighting poverty the world over, when our people are thrown out of their homes and out on the street?

The war is here. It's time the United States declared war on this recession. Everyone who wants to work should have a job.

Maybe I should run for President. I'd fix this economy within a year. I'd throw those bums out of Congress. They'be been at the trough for way too long. It's time our representatives rolled up their shirt sleeves and did something more than lip service for all those who don't have a job, don't have money, and don't have a place to live.

God bless America is America is a mess and it's time we all got together to clean it up. No one in this country, no one, should have billions of dollars when so many, too many have nothing. It's time we took their money and gave it to those who never had the opportunity and given the education to earn a dollar. It's time. Enough is enough.

TruckerguyTruckerguyover 13 years ago
Interesting take

Susan

You put together a good story. You covered a lot

of subjects. And yes this country is falling apart faster

all the time. But it is not just the unemployed who are

in trouble. As a truck driver I have seen my paycheck getting smaller and smaller...New government rules caused by the world wide hoax of global warming...LOL what a joke...global warming...Bill Clinton's and Al Gore's legacy to the world...So it's not just the republicans but all politicians...All of them only want what they can screw the

rest of us out of...

Ok I'll get off my soapbox...Keep the stories coming...

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Story was ok

My comment is on your comment. You have a twisted view of how some things work. Almost every problem this country has was because of the government. Sixty cents of every dollar that America spends is borrowed from other countries. How is the government going to help you, they can't pay the bills. You can't run a household or a country on a budget like that. I am not a part of a political party, they are all liars. They have fucked us hard and long. Our government is big enough now that we almost can't do anything about it. They have been setting this up for years. America has to create jobs now, or those social programs that everyone loves will go down the tubes. You can't pay for them if you are broke. Taking from the rich and giving to the poor will not work either. Robin Hood was a thief. After you milk them dry where will the next batch of money come from? Sweetheart, they will leave the country before they let you rape their bank accounts. I would. Thats just common sense. Believe it or not, they are the people who sign paychecks. I have never gotten a job from a man with empty pockets. We need to reduce the size of our government before they start to think that they are gods. If you look at what is going on now it might be too late. It is going to take us years to get out of the mess that they have put us in. It is probably going to get worse before it gets better. People do have an equal opportunity in this country. What they do with it is entirely up to them. If they choose to squander it by sitting on their asses, selling drugs or standing on a street corner, that is exactly where they deserve to be. And they do not deserve my money while they are doing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
GOVERMENT INTERVENTION......)-:

IF ANY OF YOU ARE WAITING FOR OUR GOVERNMENT TO FIX THE PROBLEM , PLEASE DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH..REMEMBER THAT NOT TO LONG AGO SOME ONE IN A POLICY MAKING ORGANIZATION ,CAME UP WITH THE BRILLIANT,IDEA OF; LAYING OFF 1/2 OF ALL CATTLE GUARDS..THIS WAS AN ATTEMPT TO SAVE MONEY...HOWEVER CATTLE GUARDS ONCE OBTAINED PRACTICALLY WORK FOR FREE..(-:..NOW DEW EWE REALLY THINK,THAT TYPE OF INTELLECT, CAN MEET OUR NATIONS NEEDS ?? . SUSAN, AGAIN AN EXCELLENT JOB OF WRITING..ONLY PROBLEM I SAW IS THAT IT DESCRIBES THE DAILY LIFE OF TO MANY PEOPLE LIVING IN THE UNITED STATES

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Gifted Lady

andtheend has an incredible knack for writing, I just recently discovered her and am amazed by how diverse her imagination is. Her stories are so real you feel like you're in it. I think she's one of the best on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I liked it very much

A sad reflecton of the times; things will improve but very slowly. Hope you get the job sooner than later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Bravo!

This is a perfect depiction of the machinations of the human mind.

I agree with other comments about, andtheend's ability. A very talented author.

The negative comments, I feel, come from jealosy. And are an attempt to sabotage her ratings. RHOD

shangoshangoover 13 years ago
Fantastic!!

Both bitter and funny! And forget the right wing. They had no problems running up the debt for our young people to murder and get murdered in Iraq looking for WMD's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
american nightmare

I am sorry Susan for you and all of the people who are without a job.It is a disgrace and no one really cares.You did a fantastic job in writing your letter to Santa Clause. I hope this year is different and Santa can give out a few jobs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Whose ox is being gored?

I have two sons out of work for closing in on a year....one with 5 kids...so tell me, whose fault is it? Could it be the idiots who were running this place for the last 40yrs? Could it be the idiots who voted the same idiots into office again and again? Could it be those who advocated everyone is ENTITLED to a BMW, and a House, and a plasma TV and all the other things that everyone is ENTITLED to whether they can afford it or not? Does 1930 ring any bells for anyone...oh, I forgot...anyone who can remember it, or whose parents remembered it and taught their kids different, they don't have the same problem....because they didn't buy what they couldn't afford, despite the laughter of the majority who thought that if they want it now, they are ENTITLED....so, who pays the bill? Us. All of us who worked and saved and stayed within what they could afford. All of us who said, No...I'll pay cash (or pay off my credit card every month)....so whose fault is it? It's our fault....the word No is a magical word...if you mean it. And we never did, did we? Or not enough of us to make it stick. So here we are. Offering fellatio for a job....guess what...there are professionals out there who'll do it for a lot less. Thanks for the vent...I needed it as much as she did....but, if you are reading this, think about it just a bit...the next time they offer you something for nothing, or something that "big business" is going to pay for, or something that's the 'right thing to do', or any of the other malarkey that is a politician's stock in trade while they drove us all into the scrap heap...what's their track record?...can you say LIAR?!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Dear Susan

I am truly sorry but with the Democrats in power since 2006 and two years of President 0bama trying to destroy the economy and with two years left in office there will be no jobs. Maybe after 2012.

I did apprecaite your writing and think you did an excellant summary of your life under Nancy Pelosi and 0bama. I am sorry they tripled the deficit but I cannot do anything about that either. I am sorry about the 12,000 direct jobs lost in the Gulf area with the limits on drilling, but I know the administration perfers to buy the oil overseas to further weaken the dollar. I can get you a good price on a rental property in Fargo.

Santa

andtheendandtheendover 13 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thanks to all who read, voted, and/or commented on my story.

This story is too many people's reality.

Here's hoping the economy recovers soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Isn't it funny how the current administration

gets blamed for something the party of no started ten years ago. Who is squandering away billions on wars that never should have happened. Who has obstructed every move the administration is trying to make. Who has voted down an extension of unemployment. Who favors continuing giving the rich a tax break so they can get richer. Funny, how all those things are somehow swept under the rug. What did the public do, vote the same bastards back in that created all the problem to start with. The party of no doesn't care about the average American, they just care for the powerful and the wealthy. Think about it. Isn't it time for the changing of the guard? Vote out the lifers, get in some new blood.

JentvcdJentvcdover 13 years ago
Great Point's of View

Hopes Santa grants your wish, for you and all others seeking employment this Christmas.We all need some sort of hope and just maybe Santa can deliver.I do hope so as its a hard world out their and when one is without a job its so demoralizing really effects ones inner being not being able to provide not only for themselves but their families as well,Ive gotten caught up in this as well and now only making a fraction of what I use to with no benefits as well,I hope the people who need to read this and the many comments Get the message,and start to change things for the better lord knows we need Help and Now not in two years like most keep saying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
TOUCHE!

I could not have said it better! By the way, what would you have given Mrs. Santa? (lol)

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Susan

You can see what a large part of the problem is just by the comments. Hardline party supporters who not even listen to another point of view. They are finger pointers. Their fingers are pointed in the wrong direction. They should be standing side by side and pointing them at our so called leaders. It is our duty as Americans to question everything that comes out of their mouthes. That is what our forefathers wanted. Even they were suspicious of the government and it had just begun. I urge everyone who reads this to forget what you think you know and discover for yourselves what the truth is from the facts. You will probably find out that you have been lied to. Someone else said that it has taken ten years to get to this point. That is a prime example of someone who does not know what the fuck they are talking about. Fourty would be more accurate, some would say longer. It is not one party or the other, it is politicians. Who was it that thought it was a good idea to send many of our jobs out of the country? Politicians. I have said before that if some of them lost a couple of fingers along the way they might remember who they work for. That may be the only way to fix it. How long will we continue to let them lie to us and tell us everything is alright? Elections are a wonderful thing, but I am ready for another round of lies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Touching Story

Ah, dear Susan, you touched my heart with the depth of your desperation.

Were you nearby, I'd be inclined to hold that beautiful face in my hands and kiss it.

But that would just be a diversion and while it might move spirits (surely mine), it wouldn't otherwise help you.

In my lifetime, I recall a large migration to California to escape family problems and unemployment in the East. Today, it's a place to leave.

Thinking that one can stay put, no longer holds except for some writers, artists, computer specialists and medical workers.

Thinking in terms of probability of success, I'd take some medical tech training or relocate to an area of lower unemployment but staying put and hoping in Santa wont do it....though, inspired writing might.

With a wolf at the door it would be hard.

Thanks for the story and may Santa come through for you.

Bob

P.S. We share a favorite author Alwayswantedto.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Stuff

Enjoy all your writing.

George

terrynterrynover 13 years ago
i would give you a job

Hi Susan Harris

Im Terryn a hot 66 guy from and in ohio. I would love to give you that job, with all the experience of living in this here usa . the ability to read the papers and all that youve cum up with Susan

so thanks and i would love that blowjob and cumm in your mouth with all your expertise that would be awesome Susan, youve done your homework of life here in the us so congrats on the fine job, your very well qualified and any girl that would give the blowjob you described has my vote

kisses and hugs and rewards

your friend

Santa Terry

i even gave you a 5 star rating Susan Harris

LunaEroticaMysticaLunaEroticaMysticaover 13 years ago
what she said...

I'm just going to quote you in one of your own comments "This is a story that needed to be written. Too many of the unemployed walk around with their hands in their pockets and their heads down. As a writer, I'm here to tell all those who do not have a job, it's not your fault." ~andtheend

Amen! You did a great job and I and many others thank you for this! The beginning had me a bit teary-eyed, but then the humor brought me back and made me laugh :)

I hope you post this elsewhere, even try to submit it to publications or media. (Not the the media would EVER accept such truth!)

~Luna

NYDimplesGuyNYDimplesGuyover 13 years ago
Well Done!

It's rare to read such a story on this site. Thanks for

articulating what many are thinking out there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Exciting story

I like your story. It's very exciting.

andtheendandtheendover 13 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you to everyone who read, vote, and/or commented on my story.

Your voting support and feedback is much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
i really hope that you get a job.

I'll be wishing for you too. Good luck :/

Lit19899Lit19899over 13 years ago
I would like a blow job

I have lived the unemployment part. I have had to work below my talent for 10 years, but at least I have work. My spirit is broken and I hide online for long periods of time. Nevertheless, government is not to blame, nor is it part of the solution. I don't know what would fix the political and economic situation, but I sure admire a woman who is willing to take Santa's throbbing cock to her warm mouth. The prospect of a fantasy becoming real keeps many of us alive. You got my five.

gperry2843gperry2843over 11 years ago
You certainly stirred the pot.

I am desperately trying to say something that makes sense but can't because the world no longer makes sense. You have certainly written an extremely poignant letter laced at the end with some well written humor, but blowjobs given out desperation can not make laugh, nor should they be a turn on for anyone, they can only break my heart. As to all the social issues I have no answers, hell I don't even no the questions. The piece deserved all the 5,s because of the excellent writing and passions evoked. I started to comment on political issues, but decided to relay something that a mentor told me, "Before you look for our government to take care of you, look at the American Indians". I only know that every social program the government has become involved in they fucked up.

Steve150177Steve150177about 9 years ago
Economics is not a science.

Economists can't do reproducable experiments, so it is not a "natural" science.

Economics can only "prove" things deductively. All deductive proofs begin with things proven with reproducable experiments or with assumptions that are not proven, they are assumed. So, economists all begin with assumptions and prove things from them.

Euclid, in his classic proofs of Plane Geometry, began with what in English are called definitions, axioms, and postulates. These words are just different words for assumptions. But, Euclid did it right. He put all the assumptions at the start of his work for all to see. Everyone could decide for themselves if they thought any of his assumptions was false. This is important because if any premis/assumption in a proof is not true then the proof is worthless, the conclusion can't be proven with false assumptions.

Have any of you readers ever seen a complete list of the assumptions that any school of economics uses to make its proofs? I haven't, in fact I have never seen even a shot list. The assumptions I have seen were mostly all false, in my opinion.

Therefore, I deduse that economists are trying to pull wool over the worlds eyes. They claim to prove things, but hide their assumptions. This is a sign that they are lying.

The thing is that economics matters in the real world in the lives of every person in a modern nation. The theory used to decide what the government does helps some and hurts others. Because of that there is a strong tendency for economists to decide what their patrons want proven and then set out to prove that (hiding any false assumptions they must use to do it).

The current economic theory used by the US Gov. and the EU and the World Bank, etc. is wrong. Austerity does not balance budgets. It can't because before there is there is enough pain in the street to do it, there are riots in those streets. The government falls and another takes its place. In fact US Federal gov. defits are necessary to add "money" to the banking system (in peoples' and comps'. deposits) there by letting everyone add to their savings year after year. Running a Fed. gov. surplus is a horrible thing. The last time we did it we got the recession of the early Bush II years. In fact the gov. has run a surplus for a couple of years straight just 8 times in all of US history. Every single time there was a "Bank Panic", recession, or depression. Every single time. Eight out of 8. That should tell you something.

If you want to see a better economic theory google "MMT & Prof. Wray". That will get you to Modern Money Theory. I'll be frank with you. All main stream economists and politicians say it is just bunk. That doesn't make it wrong because most of those people can't see the truth of what I wrote above; that is, that 1 false assumption destroys the proof and economists use many false assumptions in their proofs. I hope some of you will at least look at what you can easily find with google and decide for yoursevles.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous