All Comments on 'Sandi's Mistake'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Aw----Sweet, sweet Justice. Something the world just dosen't have enough of!

Gee, JPB, are you thinking of making a New Years Resolution? I like most of your stories but I really like ones where the husband gets some retribution on his betrayers. Keep it up, Please........

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 13 years ago
A good read

Really fast paced story, interesting and a happy ending.

Thanks Bob for the good story

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Thanks for a great read

Nice story really enjoyed it this mornIng

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Fine Story

Interesting and decided protagonists. The woman was as interesting as the husband... Thanks, JPB

JennyBearJennyBearabout 13 years ago
Nice

Paybacks a bitch!

victoriangentvictoriangentabout 13 years ago
It looks

like the true value of Sandi's co-workers free advice was worth every penny she paid.

Good story Bob, of course I expected no less. The meticulous approach to the problem by the protagonist and the manner in which he executed it was priceless. Justification for his actions was well proven and the result of those actions will serve him well in moving on with his life free of any guilt on his part.

Scarecrow51Scarecrow51about 13 years ago
In most states

he could get a divorce for a few hundred dollars as she was a convicted felony.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Excellent!

JPB,

Great job--as usual.

Matt

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 13 years ago
Good Story

It was interesting to find out who had sent the e-mail, and how that played out.

demantoiddemantoidabout 13 years ago
Brilliant story

Great tension, taut plot, and two interesting characters. Oh and a terrific ending veering so dramatically!

Ducky7Ducky7about 13 years ago
A good one this time

lagrimas458lagrimas458about 13 years ago
Good, as usual

You have a great way to weave a story into a very good and captivating story. I really enjoy reading your stories. Keep on writing.

grogers7grogers7about 13 years ago
One of your best

Well written, well conceived, original.

likeboblikebobabout 13 years ago

Thanks Bob but wouldn't a divorce while she is in prison make more sense than having to fight for one when she gets out? Not to mention the benefits she would be entitled to as his wife when she is freed.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAabout 13 years ago
Pretty Good!

She got redeemed a little bit and he wasn't forced to take her back. Thanks for sharing the story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Great Story

Rob found his wife was cheating, investigated the situation and told his cheating wife it was over. It's just icing on the cake that she killed her lover and now has 20 years to think of what she lost for betraying her husband

Lesson learned. Don't cheat on your spouse.

Consequences abound.

terrydavidterrydavidalmost 12 years ago
Great story, JPB.

One of your few non-wimp efforts - this story finally has a male character that does not wimp out and actually the slut wife was almost "like-able" due to her insane behavior of killing the other brainless dick. Wish there were more good revenge stories out there.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago

What a mistake! Why did not he divorce her? So less murder would have been and more room for true criminals in prisons.

RhomanovRhomanovover 11 years ago
Tad bit confused .....

Why the good attorney?

Divorce ever occur?

If the attorney, why never visit?

Etc...

This has too many broken / unfinished threads.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
How do you spell

Cheating fucking slur cunt? Sandi. 5

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Second Comment

Just what a cheating whore slut skank cunt wife deserves. It warms my heart her being in prison.

HA

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 11 years ago
Crazy story

Either love her and be with her or dump her ass. Don't get a good attorney and not divorce. WIMP

FD45FD45almost 11 years ago
Of course it's confused

But that isn't a problem with Bob...it's a problem with people.

A man can hate and love his wife at the same time. He can want her to be the biggest slut in the world (for him) and want every man to want her...but woe is her if anyone pays one smidgeon more attention than he thinks is warrented.

He wants to divorce her, but he doesn't hate her. He doesn't wish her ill and he feels she's been badly used by Jason. So...she's being punished but he isn't making it worse.

I liked it and I didn't. See how that works?

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
She is in prison for murder

it would cost almost nothing for a divorce. This guys an idiot as is his lawyer if he doesn't know that.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Bravo!

Short and sweet.

hellsentguyhellsentguyover 10 years ago
pointless

the good thing was his vasectomy

no more like him is a positive.

Nobody gets that tired.

Poor girl was unfortunate to pick two assholes in a row.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
I wish

I hope the child got good stepparents! (I know this story is fantasy so my wish is fantasy too....)

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Well I'll be...

a donkey's uncle. I know this comment comes a little late, and JPB isn't likely to read it, but I have a thought about this ending. Little Miss Sandy really did love her husband; her decision to take a gun to her bed buddy was proof of that.

Now our protagonist had an interesting choice. Since he'd decided not to go for a divorce, and since he'd hired her a good lawyer why didn't he go visit her in prison? I mean it sounds like he's still not sure of himself.

See here, for one, any visits he made would have only added to her guilt and shame. Second, ten or twelve years is a long time; who knows, he might decide to be there when she gets out. She'd have had a lot of time to reflect on what she's done; regardless she'll come out a changed person. He wins regardless since she's not going anywhere.

sdc92078sdc92078over 9 years ago
His feelings are obviously conflicted

He cares about her too much to let her go down without a defense, but he still wants her out of his life. It's a case of don't hate her, maybe even still love her, but maintaining a relationship keeps dredging up too much pain and anger to live with. So he writes a check to a defense attorney, which is the best that he can for her without actually having to see or talk to her.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHY DO CHEATERS ALWAYS MAKE EXCUSES

when they should create alibis, TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Cheaters Don't Love Anyone

Cheaters do not "love" anyone. They have selfish desires, they use the word "love" but in fact they do not love. They do not even love themselves. Love means to care for someone. If you care for someone you do not lie to them, cheat on them, and destroy what they have worked for. In this story not only did she do this to her husband, she also did this to herself. She lied to herself to justify her cheating, she cheated on herself by throwing away her marriage and her future and she destroyed what she had worked for in the past 10 years. To cap it off, she shot her lover and cheated herself out of her freedom for 10-20 years. She didn't love herself, how could anyone expect her to love anyone else?

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
Darwin Award?

Does Jason The Bull qualify for the Darwin Award for removing himself from the gene pool (by unintended proxy, but nonetheless!)

Whose kid WAS it? Jason was only porking Sweetie about half as much as Hubby by that time (and it was never much more than twice as much!). So it is more likely it was Hubby's baby than Jason's. Not sure that makes a huge difference, but why would she NOT tell Hubby she was pregnant? In the story, Sweetie and Jason assume it is Jason's, but that seems to be a poor assumption.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
BTW

Since he wouldn't spring for an easy divorce, in addition to her still being entitled to his support upon release, the ADOPTION had an unmentioned wrinkle. Hubby was married to Mommy at delivery. Hubby is, by fiat, DADDY. He is also likely to really be Daddy, but regardless, by law he IS Daddy (until/unless a Court decision might absolve him of that - and that would most likely require DNA verification!). Hubby would, therefore, ALSO have to sign-off on adoption!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
BTW

Since he wouldn't spring for an easy divorce, in addition to her still being entitled to his support upon release, the ADOPTION had an unmentioned wrinkle. Hubby was married to Mommy at delivery. Hubby is, by fiat, DADDY. He is also likely to really be Daddy, but regardless, by law he IS Daddy (until/unless a Court decision might absolve him of that - and that would most likely require DNA verification!). Hubby would, therefore, ALSO have to sign-off on adoption!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
no, not hubby's

Hubby had a vasectomy, so the baby was not his.

The two of them did not want children, or the bother of birth control.

The paperwork on the adoption would not take that into account though.

Why doesn't he get a divorce while she is in prison is a good question, she wouldn't be able to fight it and he clearly is not taking her back.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
Hubby as "daddy"

In some states, a baby born during a marriage is "assumed" to be the child of the husband, but definitive knowledge and DNA testing at birth is likely to trump any default assumption if the husband contests paternity. And even if that isn't the case, is there anyone who thinks Rob would NOT sign off on an adoption if that was required for him to be rid of Sandi's little bastard? It's so obvious it wouldn't be worth the words to put it into the story.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
What I don't understand...

What I don't understand is why a woman that was traumatized by her first love, cheated her husband so easily...

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleabout 9 years ago
sugna (08/11/14) comments dead on:

Finally someone articulates the truth that cheaters DO NOT love anyone including themselves. It is not possible to love someone and betray them, lie to them and give yourself to someone else behind that persons back. It is not possible to love yourself and risk everything in your life for illicit sex. Cheaters only bring destruction upon themselves and everyone who does love them. Insanity to even think you can do both. Of course in real life I have never known a cheater who begged for forgiveness or even acknowledged fault. I think that is an author's fairytale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Not fairtale

@ Happydoodle A family with two young kids and the wife cheats on her husband. The wife has low level salary job or she has not job. The husband has potential for future carrier success (after divorce). She will use the only 1 accidental cheating I am not serial cheater and I will not cheat in the future tale..................

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

a fun flash tale. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I wonder?

What if it wasn't Jason's baby? What if it was Rob's?

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
NOW SHE IS A NON-FLIGHT BIRD

a Jail-Bird with a cheating background, TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Damn

Hard to believe that she was so fucking stupid. When that slut makes a mistake it's a doozy. She's where she belongs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well that was harsh.

Not too many woman are that cold blooded. You would have thought she would have gotten an abortion and tried to get the Court to order some counseling before she gave up and killed Jason. Maybe a DNA test? What if it was Rob's kid? So many questions. And he did love her. He paid for her lawyer. So maybe after the initial shock wore off maybe he forgives her. We'll never know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Don,t you people read these stories before you comment.

Have you people not read this story.he had a vasectomy when they were first married.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Rough and Crazy

Rough story about a crazy bitch. I have known a few crazy women, if they are pretty it is amazing how much crazy you can overlook. No one that cheats and comes up with a line of shit like Sandi is anything but crazy.

christmas_apechristmas_apealmost 8 years ago

this story was like a steak dinner.

thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
DIVORCE!

He should of divorced her wether she was in prison or not...only seems right to punish her a little bit more.........🤓

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
Wow, for a Bob story

this was totally BTB. But of course it really wasn't. It also wasn't a mistake on Sandi's part either. She knew exactly what she was doing and since she was doing both men several times a week, but hubby at night, she was giving him sloppy seconds on Tuesdays and Thursdays or whatever days she was whoring around in the afternoon on. No love there, no respect there and every chance in the world she could pass on something really nasty to her husband. You know if she lives in Bob's world she thought it was okay to leave a little of the whipped cream in the hole for hubby to slurp out for her secret enjoyment. So, herpes at both ends. Hunh.

magmamanmagmamanover 7 years ago
Harsh

But actually rather good, I have to say I enjoyed this one.

Probably because I have an ex wife from some 40 years back who knows some guys that could use a bullet or two.

Like about two dozen of them...*LOL**

Which of course is WHY she is.. the Ex-wife.

Never touched her or them for real, instead I wrote some stories where she has died in many many ways. Some of them, too.

Weird that it helps, isn't it?

Thanks,

MGM

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Cliches!

Wow, could we fit in any more LW cliches?

"It just happened" "You were so busy and I was neglected" "They convinced me you were cheating" "The cheating was exciting and I was addicted".

She HAD to know from when they were first dating, when he cooled things off when he just THOUGHT she was fucking others, that he's not going to forgive all out cheating!

onbothsidesonbothsidesabout 7 years ago
Used goods?

That expression may have made sense at some point in time. But anymore aren't we all "used goods" by the time we marry?

Infidelity is the problem, not that someone is "used". Words express ideas, and they do matter.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
It would take an author with Ohio's caliber of talent to write a viable reconciliation from this story's dismal, closing contrempts

Viable for me that is . Sandi had the intensity to kill a man for thwarting her love and marriage with narrator, so requisite passion was there. The feeling was channeled badly ala ' Separate Vacations '. That's what prompts me to have wistful feeling and sense of unfinished business for the conclusion.

Excellent writing by JPB because I know the husband can't be faulted for his choice and yet I sigh a little. It's the cognitive dissonance only top authors induce.

Full marks * * * * *

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
#2 HOW YOU JUSTIFY A MISTAKE, WHEN ITS NOT

its a choice and puts one into a situation, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
YEAH BUDDY!!!!

Man I hate a cheating skank, especially one who takes you for granted while you slave away to take care of her. To be that selfish is simply inexcusable which makes it so pleasant to see the way this one went down. (No pun intended) Our hero maintains his integrity and the whore shows just what she truly is. She just couldn't stop fucking around even after she gets proof that the husband is faithful. I just love the total symmetry of this story. Everyone got just what they deserved. Almost the perfect BTB.

To think the bitch sat there full of some other guys baby, not even being able to lie and say it was the husbands and still thinks there might be a chance for their marriage? Obviously this is fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
That's it

Cut and dried. Very dry.

Still got my 5.....bill

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 7 years ago
Oh, Hell. He should at least go see her a time or two.

Remember the good times, at least she handled the situation as well as she could.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Is this based off a true story?

I seem to remember something along these lines happening before. I can’t remember where I saw it though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
remember

She planned to keep on cheating.

Quibble point...

...no way she tells lover she is pregnant, she would just have abortion

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Weak story

Pretty fucking pathetic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
You

YOU GUY YOU, THE PATHETIC CUCK SHITTY STORIES YOU WRITE . THE NANCY OF CUCK STORIES WITH A JUDEO CHRISTIAN THEME. FUCKIN WEAK JEASU SHIT.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
but?

Why no divorce?

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 5 years ago
It takes a great mind to come up with all these diverse plotlines!

Wow, yet another new twist! Thank you!

onbothsidesonbothsidesalmost 5 years ago
My opinion

That's all right my child, I've heard the word before.

OR That's all right, I've heard the word before.

Please have your ministers drop that flowery language. The "my child" makes him sound insincere and the sentence flows better without it. Also, the "my child" is a little discordant when discussing the word "fuck".

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Great story. Didn't guess where it was going, and managed a little eroticism, too.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Good story about an adolescent wife. 5*****

Here is the telltale statement: "Those late nights and long weekends took a toll on my home life. Sandi was constantly irritable over my lack of attention to her and our love life suffered." An adult would appreciate what he was trying to do and support him. She never got past being a party girl and was never marriage material.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great JPB

One of the better stories from.Bob. Why stay married while she is in prison.

calflashcalflashover 4 years ago
ending it

She didn't see the need to end her illicit relationship after Rob cut back on his hours and resumed more regular relations with her so why didn't he divorce her while she was in jail? It was the perfect opportunity.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
"Three months later we were married."

That was his big mistake. He didn't take time to get to know her adequately. Marriage is 50 years. He could spend 1 being sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Comments

Just Look at them, as Long as it ends with The bitch burned they love it!!! This nonsense? OMG

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Another crap story about an absent husband choosing work over his wife, then getting the expected results.

A better ending would be JPB turning the gun on himself and sparing us anymore of this crap.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Agree mostly with anon 2/3 at that age I could work most of night and still screw her the rest

Work chosen as wife and then get upset

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Look she fucked up yes.

But prison is a lonely place.

Even though you will not get back together you should visit her in jail.

You loved her enough to marry her so be a friend and visit you fuck.

lukeshortlukeshortabout 3 years ago
SAD STORY

Didn't like the ending but, still a good story. You have a lot of readers named anonymous who really dislike you. I get tired of reading their venomous comments. I think you should consider refusing anonymous comments. 4*

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Cheaters both got what they deserved!

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Again, another cheating bitch in jail and the lover dead. What else could you ask for in a story?

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 2 years ago

He should have gone to visit her. Who else does she have? Life is not black and white, and people need to have a heart. Five stars. ~~JB

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I feel a bit sorry for Jason, just a tiny bit.

After having an affair for 6 months plus with Sandi he would be thinking she couldn't love Rob much and Jason probably did love Sandi.

Finding out she was having his child made him think they could be a family if she wasn't with Rob.

That is one of the pitfalls of getting involved with someone who is married.

He should have thought of the fact that she played up on Rob, if he had managed to get her away from Rob, what would stop her cheating on him, along the way.

Sometimes when you play, you have to pay, and he paid big time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cold ass bastard

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

So-so. This persistent idea about women not being able to control their desire is permanently planted in the minds of Incel lunatics. People without real or extensive knowledge of women. They have to have something to give them rationalization why they are not able to connect with any woman. If a woman cheats on a regular basis she is not going to try to reconcile and as far as I know, there is no record of any woman that killed her lover just because she was rejected by her husband, that is a pipe dream of BTB writers that just does not happen.

mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

If you don't like this style of story, why read it, donut?

WrickettsWrickettsover 2 years ago

Not a great ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"I didn't want to.... but...." That pretty much sums 99% of JPB's stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good story. However, the reasons for cheating, especially continuing the cheat, is almost absurd. She didn't know he's working for them all those hours? She couldn't tear herself away because, in reality, she didn't want to. Even when Rob was home & having a more normal life. And THAT might be the thing that really doomed her.

Having said that, I find it absurd that he didn't file for divorce but let her live in the same house albeit different bedrooms. If he goes that way, perhaps he should try some sort of reconciliation with her- after a long while & perhaps some talking. Having given her that defense attn'y, he should visit her in jail. That, plus that housing situation, is almost like doing polar opposites. Insofar as Jason's shooting, I think it's a bit over the top; Sandi was an active participant in their affair. She said she loved the illicitness of fucking Jason without her husband knowing. That stops any of her claims that Jason ruined her marriage; she did, or at least helped.

Finally, to "dark2donut2", while I generally like the comments you make, I take exception to yours. There's plenty of crimes made from passion: rejected lover, unwanted spouse, cheating, name it.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 2 years ago

What bothered me, is her cheating in the first place. It didn't fit her character and it seemed forced into the story. She was a good wife, and I don't see how some random coworkers could manipulate her mind like they did. She was built up as a strong woman early in the story, and though I knew by reading the title blurb that she would do something wrong, I was wondering early on how you were planning on convincing the reader. I wasn't convinced.

QuintiusQuintiusover 2 years ago
Just divorce her...

It's not like she's on disability and needs his insurance or some nonsense. He makes plenty of money after his promotion. It's a slam dunk with her in prison for killing someone. How expensive can a lawyer be? Silly ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done, but, really, what healthy young guy is going to go get a vasectomy? This seems to be a common LW trope, but IRL almost nobody would do that. I do agree that "Sandi" seemed to undergo a personality change during the story. Still, there was enough ambiguity in who she was to make the story plausible. In essence, she turned out to be a female "Walter".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've got to thoroughly agree with Sarahwithlove; Sandi's built as a strong woman in the beginning, coming from a situation with Walter, so HOW could she be suddenly be weak enough to be led to believe her husband's cheating on her? Why didn't she discuss the lacking of sexual relationship with the man who counted, her husband? Even when Rob's hours became more normal & love returned, she continued, saying the illicitness & him not finding out were the listed reasons, she continued. Hardly the work of the strong woman she was described as in the beginning, including her prior mistake with the man prior to Rob. The story is inconsistent in this area, which's the main point of the story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

I read it again and it's still a great story. It really ends with a bang! Six of them, actually.

Helen1899Helen1899about 2 years ago

Great story, but like all stories of this type the are no winners, only losers, sad really

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sorry Helen, it isn't just stories that end like that. It's sad really but you were right, it is a great story. Thanks Bob.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
4.98* but had to give 5* for this

the only thing you should of done was make both of them have a snip, they both didn't want kids, fair enough because they 'married' only 1 of them could be enough, but it's been proven that the snip doesn't always work (if it isn't done correctly) so wouldn't it be easier for her to get the tie as well to make things 100% and also fair.

Great story, I agree with the last 2 comments, no one wins.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really sad, screwed up, pathetic story that is so tragic and totally unnecessary.

Close mouth, open ears, and actually listen.

Then close ears, open mouth, and share your hopes, needs, desires, wants and wishes directly from your heart to the one you love.

Then close mouth, open ears, and listen carefully while watching your loved ones eyes and body language. Remember that eyes are the window to the heart!

Reach out and touch, and hold, and caress, and communicate with each other.

I had that opportunity and need once, and never took it. To late. Way too late. Oh, the pain and suffering and loneliness that it caused for two hearts in love - once!

jflindersjflindersabout 2 years ago

I often avoid JPB stories and had forgotten why and read this story. It reminded me and while the situation isn't as clear as in many cases, it is hard to feel sympathy when he should have known better than to marry the woman in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

JPB hit another homer. Very good tale with interesting characters, and nicely paced story. LP

eljj5456eljj5456about 2 years ago
Needs new title

Should be " Sandi's big fuck up"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very interesting story. Well done and believable. I find it amazing how women can do all this shit and not know why they did it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry ass story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

JPB almost at his best. My only complaint is that the ending was rushed and rather abrupt but a solid 5 stars all the same.

Rancher46Rancher46over 1 year ago

Bottom line you cheat and get caught, game over.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9006 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

SIMILAR Stories