All Comments on 'Michael Vick was Wrongly Convicted'

by cdurant2000

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
mickymouse113mickymouse113over 13 years ago
Wrong Website

This should not be posted here but on the BBC and other current affairs newsites (from the UK so forgive me) also I think that jail time would deprive the family of their husband/father unneccessaerliy but in the UK they would be seriuously punished. The pet thing is totally wrong - Banned for life! What was the fine levied? Here it would be at least £50k

It should have been 20+ offences. A thief robs a house repeatedly over a period of time and he is charged for each burglery.

Get it out more

kristalynmournkristalynmournover 13 years ago
Thank You!

There was no justice in the sentence Michael Vick received for his crimes. True justice for what he did to those animals is something no "civilized" country would ever meet out. It is sickening the way we turn a blind eye to atrocities in this country in the name of the almighty dollar. If the president truly wants to show his backing of Vick then let him pet sit next time you're out of the country. As for me, I wouldn't let him within a hundred yards of my pet rock!

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 13 years ago
The Penalty DID NOT FIT THE CRIME!

There is a SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL waiting on MIchael Vick and people who mistreat animals!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
amusing

I never fail to be amused by people like you. You can vigorously research all of these talking points to validate your viewpoint but not provide examples of instances of others not getting away with what you claim that young man has gotten away with. I have no problem with your opinion or if you personally have disgust for that man and his actions. However, your personal feelings have no bearing on what his payment to society is. I for example have personal disgust for people like B. Madoff for what he did and the lives he has ruined and how his family can continue to hold onto their wealth, but truthfully that is another issue. The point is there are so many issues of people actually getting over on the system yet you and others like you feel it necessary to drop talking points on how outrageous it is for that man to not be criminalized at every instance possible. You research 'possible' jail time, but show no example of any person pleading guilty in plea bargains and not receiving what they agreed to but instead receiving the max and for every possible count. Even those that claim their innocence and opt for trial rarely get found guilty of every charge presented by the state. Yet for some reason Vick needs max time for every possible count. Never mind that each of those charges have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury of his 'peers' and not just 'reported' in order for max sentencing time to be applicable. Even after that it is still up to the discretion of the judge to apply the max. So again your personal disgust for that man is fine, but what of his co-defendants? Are you as interested in their post incarcerated lives? Most likely not because your POTUS (pardon me if you are not a citizen of the U.S.A) has not been concerned either. Don't get me wrong I believe our justice system fails to provide adequate justice also, but I won't single out people like Lindsay Lohan and others like her who can drive under the influence, disobey court orders and still run through the streets without worry of persecution even though drunk driving causes a high amount of deaths in America (you are good at research so you might know the exact figures) and yet the laws to deter this 'trend' is so lenient. I won't point out all the pedophiles that hide behind the cloth preying and continue to prey on young boys, who won't even be threatened with the notion justice. No I will just continue to be amused by individuals such as yourself who direct their intelligence towards speaking out on something they cannot hope to change.

Good day to you.

J. Smith

NY

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
who cares

GET A LIFE!

estragonestragonover 13 years ago
Like Anciet Rome

an empire to which we are becoming more similar every day, our gladiators have a special place in our society. Like Ancient Rome, paedophilia and animal torture are matters of routine. Like Ancient Rome, there are many ways of saying "who cares?" But I don't want to live in Ancient Rome, and I don't want to see it re-created. So I care. And I won't hide behind "Anonymous" to say it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
vick and his puppies

hey mr who cares and get a life. make it a mission to find a dog fight and go. oh yes, it's real interesting. people like you fit right in. there are lot's of people there that don't care. they are nasty, violent, have a lot of money (unlike you cause you are obviously uneducated), and the loser dogs get killed. there's lots of blood and gore and horrible screaming sounds, spit and snot and body pieces flying all over the place. yep, you'd fit right in. they should have put vick in the cage with 3 enraged pit bulls. loser gets killed.

m dumais

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
BET GREEN BAY

TAKE THE 2.5 POINTS...YOU CHEESE HEADS...VIC SUCKS

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Your right

You missed a fact about the Virginia case. It was dropped because the prosecutor was black.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Interesting; an observation.

Truly, it's amazing how much vitriol can be encountered when making a simple state of opinion and a recitation of the facts which lead to your conclusions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
GO TO HELL w/ THIS CRAP!

Only white people are the only ones who are still complaining, but what you don't realizes that dog fighting was a sport that was started in the south by your white comrades. So if you want to point the finger, look at your own people & dog fighting is still going on today; Vick just got caught because he is famous. I think he served enough time, but I bet if he was Tom Brady or Brett Favre, he would probably have served no time, he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and this article would be about you making up excuses for them. What Vick did was stupid and dumb, but he paid his debt to society whether you or any other assholes agree or not that is your opinion which is irrelevant. The only reason you probably wrote this because he is doing good which is probably killing you inside and that he was able to make a huge combat and he is still famous to all his fans and people are still in awe of him whether they like him or not because he is good at what he does and it is still exciting to watch him play.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice write up, more peole feel this way than you think!!

I couldnt agree more, every time I see Vick and hear what a great guy and QB he has become, I think of the atrocities he committed. I wish his chance at ever playing in the NFL was gone. This is not a race thing, black, white who cares. These people are degenerates and I cetainly wish they could leave this world the same horrible way those animals were forced to. Vick go break a fn leg!!

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
You are right

He did not get what he deserved. What he deserved was to be locked into a cage with ten of the meanest remaining dogs. As you have mentioned, people like Vick have deep psychological problems. What Vick has shown us is psychopathic behavior. He probably tortured animals to death when he was young. That kind of behavior does not go away. I don't know about his family, but he will probably physically hurt them too eventually. He should have been tortured the same way the dogs were. I don't care about football, I never have. It's just men playing grab ass to me. It does pay well though, thats one reason he got off so easily. People like Vick are the reason that I do not hold my fellow man in high regard. The other animals treat each other much better than we treat each other. The Vick's of this world are why I carry a knife and a gun, you never know when you are going to meet one. I agree with you. Good one.

1sickbastard1sickbastardover 13 years ago
You've made a good case for moral outrage, now what?

What offends you more, the crimes commited by Vick you see as being unpunished, or the lack of 'moral' outrage from society at large which clearly does not match your own?

More importantly, what would you do or suggest society as a whole do?

That's the tricky thing about 'moral' outrage and so-called 'justice'. What some would see as acceptable punishment, others would disagree, said punishment being either too harsh or too lenient.

His crimes were subjected to the legal system. Vik was judged, convicted and punished accordingly.

Surely you don't suggest people taking the law into their own hands, an illegal act that also stretches 'moral' bounds?

Now, please ask yourself this; How has Michael Vik's punishment, or lack thereof, removed or threatened your essential liberties? Have you any less ability to participate in the political process, exercise your Constitutional rights, or aquire, posses and dispose your own private property?

If you have, by all means pursue the legal remidies available

If not, are there not far worse acts of immorality on which you may focus your outrage?

I leave you with this:

Historically, those who have power, wealth and influence are rarely punished to the satifaction of those without.

Just let it go. The horse is dead, you can stop beating it now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What do you condone?

It has been shown in countless studies that people who mistreat animals also mistreat children and in fact anyone or thing that they think is weaker than they themself. Think about this for a minute -- would you leave your kids alone with anyone that is prone to violence against something that cannot defend itself? I would not take the chance. If Vick did even a small portion of the stuff that was alleged, he got a walk in the park. IMHO, Obama lost many points with his posturing. Another chance? If Vick did something that showed he was remorseful -- like taking even a few of his millions and setting up a no-kill animal shelter and admitting that participating in such a inhumane and violent "sport" was wrong -- maybe then he should be considered for another chance. I do not see any remorse in him so far.

Since he, as a "star", got convicted, I must assume that the allegations were truthful. Therefore he got off easy. I am sorry that the league let him get back on any team.

This is not a black vs. white issue -- this is an unrepentant monster vs. the little and weak issue. Think about it.

T524.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
He served his time

There is no evidence that Vick himself actually killed the animals, he served a year and a half of prison time for operating it. As for not serveing his full sentence that happens quite often when a inmate shows good behaivor. Its the judges discretion on whether he gets the maximum sentence or not, and that was how the judge ruled, he was released early and was on probation. The guy is a success story in the fact that he turned his life around and if you knew anything of what he does on the players off day as a member of the community talking to children and others about his mistakes then you'd appluad both him in the system.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Opinion

I understand why you could be upset, but honestly dog fighting isn't worth your efforts, if anything you should be upset he had to do as much time he did, hulk hogans son killed a human being and only got sentenced to one year. How is that on equal terms with killing an animal? i understand it was wrong but there just animals, they can't become future presidents, they can't be teachers, lawyers. If all dogs were to be extinct the world would move one, if all people were to be extinct the world would end as we know it. So why should animal fights hold the same weight as murder?

- KJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I agree

I got a river close to me full of hungry gators. I'd drop his ass in with them and let justice be served.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I AGREE WHO CARES

m dumais, I have better things to do then go to a dogfight and just because we don’t care doesn’t mean as you quoted “nasty, violent, have a lot of money” which I may say so that I have LOTS of money. I am also well educated with the highest degree that you can get and probably WAY more educated then you. I agree with mr who cares and get a life, they are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT time to move on. There are more important things going on in that are going on in this world then to keep bring up this man’s mistakes. I am not concerned what Vick did, in fact I don’t give a DAMN. I more worry about people who are losing their jobs wondering how they are going to be able to support their families, people losing their homes to natural disasters and this country wasting money on dumb stuff like welfare programs, Medicare, health care, education which seems to be lacking compare to other countries which are poorer than the US but they are able surpass the US but we are supposed to have all this damn technology (this is a fact) and a war that this country had no businesses starting in the first place which they are losing constantly everyday. Even though this is YOUR opinion which most WHITE PEOPLE SUPPORTS ( btw I am white too), I find this is a waste time and VERY UNIMPORTANT to me. There are better things that can be written about then about some ANIMALS (they are animals which you don’t want to admit but they are, not humans). Vick did his time and he was able to make a comeback, how many people do you know can survive the crap he went through and make a comeback, I don’t know too many, do you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Your an A**

I took care of those dogs and others taken in by the Feds. Vick should be locked in a cage for the rest of his life for what he did to those dogs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

There is a difference between being a registered dog breeder and a dog fighter. There is no excuse for the cruelty that these dogs must face to simply stay alive. He didn't have to kill the dogs himself. Every idiot knows how dog fighting is operated and knows that animals die...for people's "pleasure". So I say he deserved what he got, probably more but it wasn't up to me.

As for them being "just animals", so what? Last time I checked they were living and breathing creatures who deserve just as much consideration. I have known people I wouldn't shed a tear for but a dog is truly man's best friend. You get more loyalty out of a dog than most human beings. My dog probably has more heart and soul than Michael Vick could ever hope to have.

Mr_Smith1412Mr_Smith1412over 13 years ago
confusion

this is a bit off topic but when i read the title i thought that this article would be defending vick and was curios as to how. basically when the title says he was wrongly convicted that means he was innocent

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Better than I thought by the title

I love your commentary. I agree 100% and feel he should still be in prison. he may have paid his debt to the government but Not society and now he is getting married and asking the courts to let him have another dog! so wrong and so is the NFL I encourage all to boy cot the Pro bowl he should not be raised to such statice now or ever

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
I believe in forgiveness and giving second chances, but......

Micheal Vick should never ever be alowed to own or be in contact with a dog again, just as convicted pedophiles should be prohibited from being contact with any children under any circumstance. Vick's success on the playing field should never diminish his past crimes. A society who allows celebreties to be above the law and flaunt its rules is immoral.

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Yer Rite!

I have been sickened and saddened by the system that looks at star power rather than justice. All you color opinionated folks overlook the fact that Vick is no longer black, he is green. Not AlGore tree hugger green, I mean as green as the Benjamin's he dropped into the right pockets to beat this rap. I was actually a little surprised he spent as much jail time as he did, but I'm not surprised he was able to find a job when he got out. Just another fine example of how slimey the sports/entertainment industry has become. But like with Pete Rose, Mike Tyson, and a few others I can't think of right now, being a shitty person does not prevent him from being a great player/athlete/performer, and that ultimately is what he will be judged by.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This fits

Yeah, we come here for random social commentary. I thought Vick was going to get boned by a dog or set up a ring where horny chicks get boned by dogs or something. 0/10

GypsyEyedGirlGypsyEyedGirlover 13 years ago
Let's make him fit to the death....

Your commentary was very well written, and I love the passion behind it. Personally I think we should beat him and use him as a trainer dog for the fighters to get their "courage" up, pull his teeth out and strap him to a "rape" post while big ass pits take his ass repeatedly, slam him to the ground until he's coughing up blood, leave him in a fucking 3'x3' cage out in the open with no clothes and nothing but one of his crappy dog houses, a dog bowl of dirty water and a few handfuls of kibble. Throw in a periodic hosing down with a water hose and routine beatings with chains, boards and pistols before we finally hang his ass up by the neck with a chain and let him die having experienced everything he put those dogs through.

"Never knew it was wrong" - Michael Vick..... sleazy assed liar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Get real!

You Vick haters are fucking stupid. Do you know how many horses and dogs are put down (get real; killed) annually for the sake of horse and dog racing? Where is the outrage over those "poor" animals? I don't hear any outcry to deny these owners access to the very animals they kill for the sake of the betting public. Stop being assholes.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Funny how...

It's funny - almost pathetic - how sloppy people get over dogs (and I own two that I love) but are unwilling to get as emotional when someone kills another human being.

How about the recent actions of California's beloved Terminator (he helped terminate California's prosperity)? Schwarzenegger just commuted the sentence of Esteban Nunez that knifed another to death. Why? Because he didn't think the sentence was "fair." Oh, that, and because he is the son of former Assembly Speaker Fabian Núñez, a pal of (and a Democrat, by the way, so don't go there) Schwarzenegger.

The other man so equally convicted, can go rot in prison for his full plea-bargained sentence of a year.

Yeah, the victim, Luis Santos, had a Hispanic name, so I guess you'd think it's just another gang fight, but the only gang belonged to Nunez - the victim was a member of a fraternity who had committed the offense of turning the gang members away from a party. Yeah, that's justice.

But I guess Luis Santos wasn't all furry and fuzzy so who the hell cares?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
To Mr. Anonymous ("I agree who cares"):

I suggest that you try to get your money back from the schools that awarded the degrees that made you "more educated" than other commenters. Either you skipped class the day they taught writing and English grammar, or they presented those subjects so poorly that you've forgotten it all. As for the substance of your comment, I'm not sure I can discern what it might be in the clutter of words you posted.

brujaybrujayover 13 years ago
Nicely written editorial.........but

why on this website? Am I missing something? Agree or disagree with this piece, it just doesn't belong on Literotica.

I truly appreciate your passion. Now go write us a juicy sex-related story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A more appropriate case for this site

Vick admitted his guilt, was found guilty and did his time.

Meanwhile, Brett "Britney" Favre asks a lower ranking member of staff on his team out on a date and gets rebuffed. To help win the affections of the young hottie, he then texts her pic of his tiny pink "junk". Way to go Brett, that'll change her mind. And meanwhile the wife kids are waiting loyally at home.

Outrage from white America? National Organization of Women? Anyone? I didn't think so. But still I wonder what if he had been black?

cdurant2000cdurant2000over 13 years agoAuthor
To "THIS FITS"

To the Anonymous poster of "THIS FITS" Your post alone was alone worth posting on this website. "Vick boned by dogs" - that is classic. Thanks for the smile!

cdurant2000cdurant2000over 13 years agoAuthor
Clarifications -

First I would like to point out that no where, I repeat no where in the entirety of the piece was a single color mentioned (other than "the little red dog" exerpt at the end) and certainly no mention of BLACK or WHITE. So I am not sure where the racial implications really come in to play.

Second, there was/is evidence of Vick participating in the torture and murder of the dogs as is stipulated in the court documents. And they didn't just kill the dogs, they got off on their brutality.

Lastly I did not set out to make a comparison between Vick and anyone else who may or may not have ever committed a crime. I simply restated the facts of this particular situation. And I did not recast Vick into this spotlight, the President did with his (now) public comments and sentiments to Lurie.

Lastly, thank you all for reading.

If you would like more information or access to the court documents, check out -

http://chrisdurant2000.wordpress.com/2011/01/02/michael-vick-was-wrongly-convicted/

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Of course he's a scumbag but...

every day in the paper there are cases of criminals who commit horrible acts and get ridiculously light sentences. Beat/shake your baby till he dies? 3 years. Kill an innocent bystander during a gang shootout? Maybe 5 years. On and on. Vick may have gotten a stiffer sentence than most. In my state a few years ago a Hmong gang running a dog fighting ring for profit all received probation or suspended sentences. However,I don't know how their actions taken as a whole compared to Vick's. For example did they kill and/or brutalize their dogs?

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Aaaah yes

I have just learned that they are attaching severed heads to bridges in Mexico now. Who are the animals? For those of you who don't know, humans are a part of the animal kingdom. The worst part. The comments are what I expected. They are why I would choose a dogs life over some of theirs. I hate cats, but I have never hurt one. Hell, I would save a cats life before I would some of the worthless fucks that have commented here.

coupleuk1949coupleuk1949over 13 years ago
Who Cares!!!

So some bloke who's unknown outside of the colonies got sent to jail.

Pity that the inhabitants of "God's Chosen Country" don't realise the world doesn't know and doesn't care

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Get a Grip

Dude, get over it. It's an animal. Worse things have been done to humans and you're hung up on this? Get a clue!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous