All Comments on 'So, You Want to be a Writer?'

by RC_of_Doom

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
austin_voyaustin_voyabout 13 years ago
Don't stop

See my comment's on the other story. But read ALL THE WAY to the end.

Hillary_WoodHillary_Woodabout 13 years ago
seeing a pattern develop .

you make an excellent motivational speaker. You really have sorted the voice of authority thing. Well, self belief is important!

estragonestragonabout 13 years ago
Write Because You Have To

whether or not you make a dime. And as for my own drama, if that's what i have to write, i'll fucking write it. And I don't give a fuck if anyone reads it, or likes it, or gives a shit about it. Hemingway got it right: write the truest sentence you know. Then another.

traci_eliottraci_eliotabout 13 years ago
Marvellous!

I really enjoyed this and I shall be reading it through often! You have a nice way of blending humour and advice so it doesn't come over as too much of either - you are very skilful, and as Hillary said, would make a fine inspirational speaker.

For someone whose greatest fantasy is that of writing ANYTHING any one else would want to read, this is an eye-opener - and an encouragement.

Great stuff - 5 *s.

traci

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wish this appeared a year ago...

...when my Asperger Syndrome adult son plaintively asked how hard it was to write, and how he could learn. You summed up a day's discussion in minutes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRC_of_Doom@RC_of_Doom
38 Followers
Been a while. Near a decade, actually. I created this profile a long time ago, when I was quite stupid. But I've been busy. I've come out with nearly 30 books and a bunch of short stories. I've even gotten married (three years, already, and they said it wouldn't last.) All m...