All Comments on 'Mr. Lonely'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
oldwayneoldwayneabout 13 years ago
HOW WELL I REMEMBER...

I WAS ABOUT TWO AND HALF YEARS INTO MY FIRST ENLISTMENT IN THE AIR FORCE WHEN BOBBY VINTON RELEASED THAT SONG. WHAT MEMORIES YOU HAVE BROUGHT BACK TO ME WITH THIS ONE! THANK YOU FOR JUST A BEAUTIFUL STORY, DG. YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST!!!

movermoverabout 13 years ago
Oh Yes

What Wayne said goes double for me.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Beautiful Story

It is the heart and the spirit that matter!

jaynee1jaynee1about 13 years ago
Feels Real

Well written and feeling story. As an ex Army pongo I can see and feel

all the references.In some armies washing powder packets are used as a

signal of infidelity by the wives. The OMO packet in the window (Old Man

Out). On return from deployment the FAB packet goes in the window,

(Fucking Arsehole Back). Very good short story, felt autobiographical if it

wasn't; extremely believable. Keep it up!

Kind regards Jaynee1

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 13 years ago
Yawn

From reading the many favorable comments made about DG Hear's stories, I know he has a vast legion of loyal fans. But I'm not one of them.

For me to enjoy a story it must be 1) entertaining, 2) well written, and 3) original. This story is none of these. In particular, DG Hear's level of writing really bothers me. The dialog is so juvenile, not even to a 7th grade level. The sentence and paragraph structure is so jumbled it is often difficult to understand what is being said in a given sentence. Read a story by ohio, K.K., or Rehnquist and you'll see how smooth a story can be, without choppy sentences and paragraphs.

The outcome of this story was predictable almost from the first paragraph. It would have been much more entertaining if it had taken some unexpected twists and turns.

As I said, I fail to see why DG Hear's stories are held in such high regard, but reading this one was, to me, a waste of time. Predictable. Writing style of a 7th grader. Not the least bit entertaining.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
A well written story that touched me.....

As a young soldier in the late 60's, I remember how lonely and scared I was. I had married just before shipping out to Vietnam and looked forward to getting my mail. Needless to say if I did't get a letter all kinds of scary thoughts would run through my mind. Loneliness is a mind killer but I survived and got home. Her letters and memories kept me going and even after 40+ years of marriage they still charge me up. Thanks for the memories!!!!!

DG HearDG Hearabout 13 years agoAuthor
DG Hear

Thank you for the nice comments.

To Mr. Navagator and others: I am just an old guy that writes for fun. I enjoy writing the thoughts that come into my head. I am an amature writer and always will be. If I could write like KK (who's stories I love) or Ohio. I would be writing professionally and not on free erotic web sites.

I have over 200 stories on this site. If you don't like them, why do you keep reading them. Believe me, they will not get any better. I do thank everyone for reading my stories and leaving mostly nice comment. I don't delete any comments except duplicates or knocking of my editors who try and make my stories a better read.

With respect

DG Hear

DrallDrallabout 13 years ago
A Typical DGH Story!

Very well done! Just lovely!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good Story

but needs a little editing so that it reads easier.

You also probably need to write out a straight line and insert the occurrences so that you don't get mixed up about your timeline.

Since it's fiction, I won't quibble about the sex partners abroad. You just set the locations as conveniences.

However the reality is that in Kuwait there are only two types of "loose women". One is Russian and other Eastern Europeans who cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars. The other is Eritreans or South Sudanese who service the local population and who usually have a day job as servants or cleaners for Kuwaiti families.

In Afghanistan, it is my understanding that villagers sell off boys, but not girls. I could be wrong.

Keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Reality Arrived

This story is so real that it could be a movie. Life is like this and after 24 years in the service (retired) life treats everyone this way. Well written and really enjoyed the story. Very interesting, articulate, and interesting at each level. Please keep writing your own way and keep the trash out of your writing. Its more interesting that way. Great job and looking for another story. Thanks!!!!!

Rob ConnerRob Connerabout 13 years ago
Bravo!!

A VERY Good Tale!! Good Story Line! A Tear Jerker IN A GOOD Way!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Basic Grammar

"... I don't know what going to happen between Mindy and I (sic}..."

DG Hear, you're too good a writer not to know something as basic as the proper object of a preposition. Check out the rule, and then everything between Cindy and me will read a lot better.

mcollectmcollectabout 13 years ago
Good read

When I go to this site I scan for writers I like; When I see you I go directly there. You never fail to amaze me!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 13 years ago
Geeze

Gee whiz, did u have to make me feel all warm and fuzzy on coffee break?? Now I have to face the guys!! A good tale for all of us scarred by a dear John woman.

tastesgreattastesgreatabout 13 years ago
THANKS DG!

I can always count on you for a good read in which I feel better for having taken the time to share your talents. I always look for your name as the story's author!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
A great story I gave you a 5

It was one of the best stories I have read in a number of years and I don't look for errors so since I don't profess to be an english teacher I won't give you a lecture on a minor grammer error. Just keep writing and I will keep reading your stories.

shaman43shaman43about 13 years ago
Sucker for a good romance

Glad to see your writing skills used this time for a romance. I am a sucker for a good one. You consistently turn out well done plots with good character development. You did it this time too. Not to be a stick in the mud but you occasionally have a mistake in verb, preposition agreement. In one sentence you use the preposition between. That then takes an objective pronoun, in this case me. "I" is incorrect and in freshman comp I would have been all over you. Sorry thought you might want to know.

northlandernorthlanderabout 13 years ago
Love It

D G

Another good story, especially for a reader who has been the lonely guy. never got a Dear John, but I knew lots of guys who did, and it is never easy on a serviceman when he is thousands of miles from home and just praying for the day that he will be home with the one he loves. There is no describing the feeling of loneliness that can strike, even when in the company of a couple of hundred other guys. Thanks for another great story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
My Word

DG, just one word EXCELLENT.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I loved it!

You never disappoint me. TY for writing. <P>

JB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Very Nice

That was such a sweet story. This is my first time reading one of your stories, but I'll be back for more. I like them hot, but I also like them with some romance. You did both.

RHinSCRHinSCabout 13 years ago
Good one

I liked it. I can remember being corrected in school for not using and I as you have. It sure sounds better than Mindy and me. Right or wrong, who cares. You will find educated people who would say Me and Mindy. Again, who cares. Good one DG.

northbaybearnorthbaybearabout 13 years ago
Sweet and predictable

It's sure your style to write stories like this one. This is the fourth or fifth one of yours I read during the past couple of weeks. They're too predictable; too much the same. They are uplifting, but they seem kind of phony at this point.

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 13 years ago
Nice romance

Please, keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

I love/enjoy reading your stories so much, PLEASE keep them coming! You do a great job!

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadabout 13 years ago
A simple and touching story

inspired by a simple and touching song. Perfect!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good Read!

I like your stories and this one is no exception. As for the correct way to use "me" and "I", the simple way is to drop the other person and see how it sounds just using either the word me or I.

Would you like to go to the store with me? (Object)

Would you like to go to the store with Mindy and me? (correct)

Any phrase that comes after a preposition or is the object would be "Name" and me.

I am going to the store. (subject)

Mindy and I are going to the store. (correct)

In this case, "Mindy and I" are the subject and I is appropriate.

Just for those that were interested. Whether right or wrong, I will still read your stories.

estragonestragonabout 13 years ago
Warm and Tender

but one-paced and predictable. It is a feel-good story, and you get full marks for that in a Valentine's Day competition. And you kept me reading, despite your simplistic style and the odd grammatical error (which I usually gig, but not this time). So you should get a 3++, but as there's no such mark I'll give it a 3. But I might have written it otherwise, a little darker, or maybe a lot darker. I remember I was married when I was shipped out to Vietnam, and that left that marriage mortally wounded.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great story

I like your stories and really enjoyed this one. I meet my wife our freshman year of high school and married her during our senior year 44 years ago. She was a shy quit person. She died the day after Christmas 2010 her spleen bleed out. She had cancer and her spleen had caused her lots of problems during her fight with it. I like James found a gift when I meet and married my wife. She stayed by my side during my drinking years and during my recovery. She was a gift from God, I told her that several times. I will miss her.

chytownchytownabout 13 years ago
Oh Brother!!!!!!

Your guys are making the Literotica site smile to night what a great read. "Thank You" and keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
fan

Just one question. What happened to the panties he was supposed to take to her on Valentine Day?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Grammer was just fine.

I read reviews of over critical morons like Navigator and wonder if they can go five minutes without a negative comment.

I liked this story. I had a sixth grade teacher tell the class that with the billions of people in the world, that we would never have an original thought.

I think that was a little extreme, but, if we think about it, there will never be an original story topic. It's the experiences in the story that make it special.

As far as the grammar is concerned, it was perfect for the characters in the story. It would be ridiculous to have the grammar be more sophisticated than the characters. These two from the story are not professionals like Renquist writes about. These are two kids. One went into the service because he didn't have any other options; obviously did not have any academic scholarships. The other went to a two year secretarial school. Again, she is not going to be at the top of the academic ladder. So, their thoughts and speech need to be consistent with their background.

This was a really good story. Like most of the readers out there, I appreciate the work you put into your stories. The idiots like Navigator can go to hell.

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 13 years ago
The tone was perfect,

for the people being described. I enjoyed it. Yes, it was predictable, but I didn't care. Thank you.

DurtyolmanDurtyolmanabout 13 years ago
Valentines Day

Of all the stories in all the categories I have read over the last couple of years this has to be my favorite.Wonderful story line altho somewhat predictable,it just goes to prove that true love can be had,I am just sorry that I was never fortunate enough to find it.At 69 I don't ever expect to find it,so you young people should realize looks aren't everything

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
fabulous story

Thank you for writing such a story. It is one of the best, if not the best, I have ever read on Lit. Its just a beautiful love story.

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101about 13 years ago
A sweet story

This was a really sweet story, a bit predictable, of course, but what romance isn't? I do wish those who carp about "grammer" would learn how to spell "grammar."

sillypandasillypandaabout 13 years ago
Perfect pre-Valentines Day story

This is the first of your stories I've read, but I loved it. I got involved in the characters, and they felt very real. This was just the perfect story at the perfect time - breakups happen but often lead to better things. I look forward to reading more of your work soon!

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Well done DGH

An excellent story that fit the song very well. Thanks!

kansasjackkansasjackalmost 13 years ago
New Old Song

Funny how you talk about the serviceman in your story developing an affection for the Bobby Vinton song many years after it was popular. I loved the song and it meant something to me as well. Only difference was at the time it was a current tune on the charts and I was a Vietnam Vet.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
I love your stories, very romantic, most of them.

I have a theory about fat girls, I think that many of them are more enthusiastic in bed for whatever reason; I also think that women who have smaller breasts are really hotter in order to make up for what they perceive as real or imagined deficiencies. I love all women although I have never made it with one of the "little people" but I am sure that would be fun, also. Thank you for writing.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 10 years ago
The only thing wrong with over weight women.

I once had a friend with a wife that had really blossomed out. He was a big old boy. Me I'm 5 - 10 but she really wanted a ride on my 900 CC Kawaseki. The first corner we went into she leaned with me. I thought we were dead but with full throttle we recovered. But they are a lot of fun.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
To Mindy

Thank you for another great story.You really do good with the romance ones.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Really great idea -

The story was good on so many levels - lost GI, lonely fat girl, too young love, too easy access to cheap pussy - all led to a perfect pairing -

The details differed but it is right out of the 20',s 30's or 40's or anytime - service men and women and their partners sacrifice a lot to keep us a safe country to live int -

THANKS to all of them.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
Really liked this story

I wonder how many men and women out there have come to realize that if a former boy friend or girl friend had not sent them packing they never would have got hooked up with that truly special person who became the life long love of their life. It happened to me and I have been forever thankful that it did.

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Very Good!

One sentence said it all for me.

When Mindy said, "When I was asked out I told them thank you but no thank you. I would never cheat on my boyfriend. He's in the service and I'm waiting for him to come home."

Wow! Thank You for a very entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

A great story, held my interest from beginning to end... Left me with smiles and a tear in my eye at the end

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a good story about

finding the one special person to love but he was a cheating asshole by screwing all those women while in the forces especially when he was back home but almost expected her to be faithful....talk about double standards and letting his little head rule his big head....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Cheating?

To Anon 11/26/16, you may want to work on reading comprehension. James was faithful until he got the letter that he from his girlfriend that he should consider having sex while deployed. He figured out pretty quickly, that his girl wouldn't be giving him the green light unless she had already had college boys dipping their wicks in her.

Add in the fact she was steadily reducing her letters to him, it's no question she was drifting away from him.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
LONELY AND BLUE AWAY FROM HOME

the servicemans mantra, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Beautiful story

Great story. A man with flaws grows up and is smart enough to pick the right woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ah just like i would like to happen to me BUT unfortunely I am past it (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Went from good, to very good, to a masterpiece in the end. Mostly due to the strong morals, principles and smarts of Mindy.

Mindy, you easily earned my 5*

BJ

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

I cannot remember a story here in Lit that I have enjoyed so much. This is now in my Favorites listing, thanks for your artistry with words. Well Done.

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

And I am from the generation that made that Mr Lonely so popular, and I remember it well.

Gratitude from a Retired Army Non-com & 100% Disabled Vietnam Vet.

Rancher46Rancher46over 1 year ago

What a great love story, well written with great character development. Well done. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why do all the women in your stories go to college and become nurses or study secretarial science? There are other things they can study and other jobs to get... Otherwise I liked the story.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Very

A very good story.

oldgraycatoldgraycat13 days ago

I just love to read stories that include military personnel. I spent 22 years in the Navy and spent much time at sea or overseas and what ever part of the military you serve in there will be lonely times. Thanks for this story I enjoyed it very much.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5709 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...