All Comments on 'Early Renaissance Men Having Grappa'

by greenmountaineer

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
buttersbuttersover 13 years ago
such flavour, here, gm

you drop us right amongst them, bringing it all to life. it's quite lovely and whoever's responsible for giving you that E is bang on target.

twelveoonetwelveooneabout 13 years ago
*

Very well, Marco. Probably a good thing the sons of Genghis had other things to attend to.

would have given it 200

AngelineAngelineabout 13 years ago
I'm no student of the Renaissance

but that matters not because this is such a clear image and such sly revealing language that it's like looking at a painting. And such a spare telling dramatic monologue. Perfect and well deserving of the E. Cent Anni!

LiarLiarabout 13 years ago
Nice slice

Where o where did i step put of the time machine this time? Wherever it is, it feels genuine. The right king of having-a-glass nonchalance, the worldly concerns of the well off burgess, and a healthy dash of ethnocentrism.

UnderYourSpellUnderYourSpellabout 13 years ago
~

Congratulations on the 'E' very well deserved

vrosej10vrosej10about 13 years ago
Bravo Dude!

Getting a recommend.

MikeIvyMikeIvyabout 13 years ago
Nice work

I love the idea you came up with as well as the way it is expressed.

Esperanza_HidalgoEsperanza_Hidalgoabout 13 years ago
It is

wonderful poetry. E is deserved.

DawnJDawnJabout 11 years ago
*chuckles*

I don't know whether amusement is the appropriate or expected response to your poem, but I cannot stem the tide of chuckles. I shake my head at the arrogance, the sense of entitlement, and the unvarnished greed evinced in the speaker's words here, so typical of men such as he! A very interesting dramatic monologue, sir! I like it! :)

I have to say I also like the critique of the Roman (Catholic) Empire implicit in this poem, too. The history-lover in me is quivering with excitement! LOL!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous