All Comments on 'Enough Reason for a Horse'

by vrosej10

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Esperanza_HidalgoEsperanza_Hidalgoabout 13 years ago
Nice

little verse, sweetie. A little description of a slice of life. A blue slice later to be pink, hopefully---and hopefully dry with no Australian flooding!

bulltlrbulltlrabout 13 years ago
....

I feel a bit rude

laughing out loud

then I remembered

you can't hear me

This made my morning

Thank you for posting!

bogusagainbogusagainabout 13 years ago
***

Reminds me when an ex of mine threw herself down the stairs when half asleep and the next two weeks she spent explaining to everyone it wasn't me.

Only a small point, the first line gives the impression she has a choice about wearing the contusion, when she hasn't. Choice softens the embarrassment potential.

twelveoonetwelveooneabout 13 years ago
*

100

very nicely done alliteration

buttersbuttersabout 13 years ago
such a spirit of defiance

in that 'marching down the aisle' and wearing her bruise out in the open.

agree about the nice use of allit, but was 'though' meant to be 'through', sound-linking with 'bruise' and 'blue'?

GuiltyPleasureGuiltyPleasureabout 13 years ago
sweet!

Nicely done! Chipbutty's idea is pretty good - "through" would add to the internal rhyme.

A sensitive and humourous poem.

Tess + 5

AngelineAngelineabout 13 years ago
Excellent

You do this over and over: so much story in so few words. It's balanced and the images are vivid and active (which also gives the poem a lively pace so clear I can almost hear it). I'd put a comma after "corsage" to clarify that the bride is the one marching (though technically the bruise/corsage is with her, but you know what I mean lol). Wonderful stuff, Vee.

LiarLiarabout 13 years ago
Where'd my comment go?

Oh well, I didn't say much. Just that it was an attention-grabber of a title, and that the poen was very nice too.

UnderYourSpellUnderYourSpellabout 13 years ago
~

you are so good at original ideas for poems well done

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous