All Comments on 'Valentine's Day Eve'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 105 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Special one

Im here to tell u that there is something special out there beyond our grasp..its been good to me on 3 rare occasions in my life and one of those no doubt saved the life of maybe myself but more importantly a baby in her mothers arms.

There is a link out there to somewhere, I think of it as a pure gift that values life and watches over it.

It has been some 40 years since this gift last touched my life and now I am terminally ill myself and feel its yet another gift to me as I have time to say farwell to the many I love and loved me and am well enough to chase some of my bucket list. While never rich I now have money enough to leave my wife comfortable and have some special treats b4 I go.

This money has come from our life efforts and just seems to have been better organised now when its needed than I deserve.

Thankyou for your story it just caused me to stop and review again the Gift.

Never ignore what you cant explain..remember its a gift

Turtle

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Outstanding!

An completely uncommon approach to a concept which could have been just another falling-in-love story. (Who knew that a couple of ghosts could make such and interesting twist?!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thank you.

You are one of the best writers on this site. Thank you for writing a story with a happy ending. It just goes to prove that even on jaded and at times mixed up site like this one, someone can write a very good uplifting story. As for a link to a happier place? I know mine is alongside me, my wife of 17 years and hopefully she will be by my side for many more years. The hereafter can wait. Now is important. Thanks again Slirpuff.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 13 years ago
Well done

What a great read. Of course it was a bit obvious who the special visitors were but it was a still a lot of fun. It also shows that there is someone for everyone but sometimes you have to have a little help to find them. This was a great feel good piece for V day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Superb... Just plain superb!

In my lifetime I have read thousands of short stories and this is one that I will remember till I grow cold. Thank you so much.

tarlingtontarlingtonabout 13 years ago
Fantastic

I thought of this story, for an hour after I read it's end. I know I will visit it again, thanks so much. P.S. Bless you turtle, I am glad you had someone to share the journey with, stay strong in hope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
WOW!!!

NOTHING ELSE I CAN SAY; IT WAS A GREAT READ.

THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
"5"

Nothing more needs to be said. ML

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
outstanding

obvious but expertly crafted, well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Blown Away

This is the best story that I've ever read on Literotica, I wish I could give it more than a 5 maybe a 10, a 20, a 30 or whatever high score my mind could arrive at...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thanks, Slirpy

for a ten star story!

romaq7705romaq7705about 13 years ago
good show, mr puff

very good! now we know you also do romance. thankis for sharing.

JennyBearJennyBearabout 13 years ago
Sniffle, sniffle

I never should have read this at work. TY

<P>

JennyBear

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Ditto...

Couldnt agree more JennyBear. Well done SP. Mike in Missouri

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
for once, I didn't mind the lack of a detailed sex scene.

Just the story kept me hooked right through the end. Great job!!!!! A real "Romance" story.

likeboblikebobabout 13 years ago

your last tale was boring, this one is just stupid.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Really Loved this one!

Very Nice Work Slirpuff. Thanks. As usual the creative plotting was the most powerful part. But the characterization and dialogue were excellent!

ParPlus10ParPlus10about 13 years ago
Great Story

This was a really different type of story from you.

I think it's great that you continue to expand and not get caught up in formulas.

And, you do it really well.

Thanks for the read.

grogers7grogers7about 13 years ago
Excellent

VERY well written

Escobar1974Escobar1974over 12 years ago
Still got the willies

Sent chills up my spine and goosebumps from this one, great story

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Great Read!!!!

Thanks for a great read!!

0649d0649dover 12 years ago
wow..

I'm so happy you wrote this story! It is really great. I know it's wishful thinking but I wish it was real. That's really beautiful. Like Escobar1974, I got chills up my spine too, and like ParPlus10 I noted that it was romance, and not your usual type of story (loving wives), and I agree with him/her that it's great you're going outside of formulaic loving-wives stories. I like some of those types of stories but it's always refreshing to read something different. You really do have a lot of potential and it's great to see you deliver! :)

gogreengogreenover 12 years ago
outstanding.

i read a lot of story and a lot of different types.

but it's all ways great to read one that this good and this gripping.

thanks for writing and thanks for shearing.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
FOR THOSE WHO LOVE AND BELIEVE

nothing is forever possible. TK U MLJ LV NV

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
another asshole that made me cry

great story - i really loved it. love is forever. i will continue to read your stuff. another 5.

ginrunnerxginrunnerxabout 12 years ago
Kinda Hard

Kind of hard being a hard ass, burn the bitch type of guy while crying so hard you cant see the screen.

Great story, very touching, just wish there was a score more than a 5 , this one deserves it.......Thanks for all your hard work and keep it up

Bob

norcal62norcal62about 12 years ago
Just can't understand why the author can't add an "s" to a plural noun.

It happens so often in his stories that it's like a large pothole in the road; one you can't avoid.

FullboostFullboostalmost 12 years ago
U rok

Wonderful storey!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Loving Wives

Great story, every so often they need a story like this to keep this category name true. Thank you.

robinhodrobinhodover 11 years ago
Why

isn't this author writing proper books for proper publishers and winning awards?

This was pure magic.

ByronBrandtByronBrandtabout 11 years ago
Absolutely perfect!

Just about tore my heart out when Becky died, and freaked me out a bit when she and Dan were revealed.

But it all came together in the end, and happiness reigned!

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 11 years ago
Reads great the second time around also

I read this when SP posted then read it again today. This one could be made into a romantic comedy. I would cast Amy Adams as the ghost. Well done SP.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 11 years ago
Extraordinary good story

I just can´t do but give you full points for it. Emotionally. this one struck me at full speed. Well done!

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20almost 11 years ago
Wow!

Shit, you nailed it. Being an old fart I'm really qualified for my comment. The only bad thing about living so long is all the friends that you once had have mostly passed on. Or their in prison. But wouldn't it be great to talk to them again. Forget the westerns.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
How about this?

I wish I had written it.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story. Easily worth 5 stars.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Nice

A really nice story. A good change from the usual gut wrenching fare.

xtchrxtchrabout 10 years ago
Feel Good!

Wow! A real feel good story. Nice people-hope they make it. I usually don't like ghost stories but this was an exception. It brought a warm feeling to my insides. Thank You for writing this.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Just Wonderful!

I guessed early that it was Becky sending the girls over, and once I had that in my head figured that the guy was Dan.

It was never mentioned, but with her job his awkward schedule wouldn't be a problem!

Very sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
excellent

Totally awesome, I'm really impressed with your writing of this story, far better than your LW tales. 5 *****

frazodfrazodover 9 years ago

Frick, yet another wonderful story. Thank you....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
As Always...

Another great story!

Thanks.

C

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Superb

Off all your stories I have read this is by far your nices. You need to,write more like it.

George in Omaha

PTraumPTraumover 9 years ago
Beautiful

I don't know that anything else needs to be said

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
best story ever

best story ever. want more stories like this.

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
Beautiful, up until Becky died

There were literally tears in my eyes when she asked him to be her boyfriend. After that, it became creepy. They were being stalked by two dead people, who had taken it upon themselves to interfere in the lives of 2 people they supposedly loved. Ok, I can buy that. They wanted them to be happy. Kinda romantic, in a "You don't get ANY say in how your life will go!", kinda way. Where it became creepy, was when Debbie and Steve met, that should have been it. Job done. But no, then the corpse duo decided to stick around, and completely ruin what was supposed to be a wonderful and memorable night, where Steve proposed. And just to make sure the trauma was complete, Becky has to go one further and do the whole "I'm melting, oh what a world" routine, to make certain the night was ruined! Hell, Steve had to propose THREE times! Were they trying to get them together, or break them up? Seems less romantic, and more like a game to them! Whats next? Two putrid corpses standing at the foot of the bed each night, watching the honeymoon sex?

It would have been better if the two creepy and voyeuristic 'angels' simply never returned after it was apparent that Steve and Debbie were dating. Have them see the two familiar faces of their matchmakers in one of the photos, later on, and say "Our guardians angels helped us meet", instead being stalked and threatened, and instead of turning a romantic moment into traumatic nightmare for Steve and Debbie.

'The Corpse Bride' this ain't. Now THAT was romantic!

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
Also

His Dad was a major ass! He couldn't even take two hours off work to attend the funeral of the little girl that literally spent her entire short life next door? His son's best friend? His neighbor's only child? What an asshole!

calflashcalflashover 8 years ago
romantic

what a great romantic tale. Remember this is fiction and an erotic site so I see no problems with the "ghosts" interference

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Why

why do people say 'This is only fiction'. With the exception of true stories , ALL writing is fiction! You say it, as if it's an excuse for poor writing. Some people have a penchant for stating the obvious. It's only fiction. The sky is blue. Water is wet.

Just because is fiction, doesn't mean it's good. Just because It's fiction, doesn't mean all believability and logic automatically go out the window.

It's only fiction. If I park my car on your head, and say 'It's only a car', does that excuse poor driving?

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THE AFTER LIFE AND THE SUPERNATURAL WORKS IN STRANGE WAYS

which all dont understand----probably never will----but it keeps happening, TK U MLJ LV NV

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 8 years ago
I had missed reading this one

Always good to go back and look at writers you enjoy reading. I must have missed this when it came out. Glad I have caught up. A good reading experience with a really good story. Well written and enjoyable characters and storyline. Can say Thank you for writing and sharing and please keep writing and I will keep reading. If you go to ePublishing please give a notice!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story

I enjoyed it very much. I could feel the goose bumps on my neck. I never watch or read ghost stories but this one snuck up on my me and I enjoyed it.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Seconds?

"I hope a lot of guests doesn't want seconds, because we're running a little short of chicken and steak.” – Maybe I’ve led a sheltered life, but I’ve NEVER heard of guests at a formal affair asking for more food than is served!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Who would have known beforehand

This, I think, is by far the best written supernatural romance story I have ever read. Dang, I wish I could have had someone from beyond looking out for me when I was going thru my younger years. Maybe if I had, I wouldn't have been married 4 times in 45 years. Just an outright great story I enjoyed to the fullest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
FAN BLOODY TASTIC!

Hi Peoples! My opinion on this story! Loved it! Only the ending (Did they have kids, cats& a dog called Fred) Oh well we have to use our imagination for that I suppose? Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 10 stars = 100 % of enjoyment. Bye.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
SUCKED as always

This is not LW . You sucksuck you suck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Protagonist's characterization sucks

Steve's an insensitive jerk. Period.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story!

I liked this story a lot but I think the wonderful premise could have given even more. There was real potential to the wonderful character of Becky and it seems that you could have written the story so that we felt her effect on Steve as being a much bigger part of the story. You came up with some wonderful ideas and made a commendable story that I enjoyed but the character that affected me the most was Becky and it seems that after her "death" and brief grieving that we didn't get a feel of her being anything very important to Steve... the last few lines seem more of an after thought or come a little too late for me to meld it all together. I don't have the talent to do any better just wanted to mention how it left me feeling. Thanks for the story.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Spooky!

5* for supernatural fun.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

I don't care for the ghost stories. It was becoming clear that it was once he started noticing the "phantom girl" in the pics and the second girl saying his girlfriend sent her.

But, it was only a page and half to go, so I went ahead and read it.

It wasn't that bad for a story type that I don't like.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

One thing that is a pain to read and you probably think is a cute quirk

Is every main character named steve moore and calling his wife/girlfriend babes

I'm so hoping this is the last time.

It is getting annoying. Instead of looking at each story as new, sometimes it is confused with another if having to stop and go back.

If it happens again, I am probably going to give up.. which is a shame cause over half your stories are good so far.

But it is just too annoying

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatalmost 7 years ago
I disagree, gentlemen

I may be just a poor ignorant fool, but I see this to be a fun, quirky little fiction piece that I enjoyed. Thanks SP.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good But Not Finished

After older Becky disappeared did she vanish from the pictures?

Steve should have opened the sealed box and shown Deb, Becks’ pictures.

If the pictures of ‘older’ Becky did not disappear it would have been nice to see if her family could have been found and see if that is what she would have looked like when older and to inform the family of what had occurred.

Steve should publish his own book of all the Becky pictures.

The toast picture of the empty chairs when looked at did show Becky and the husband sitting in them but seen only by Debs and Steve!

Small point – As a photographer I have to keep all my ‘kit’ with me. The insurance will not allow it to be left in a car. Well in a steel bolted down box in the boot/trunk. It would have been nice to mention carrying it all around as I have done weddings and you have to keep it all with you. So that means a lot of carrying them around or have to an assistant.…...

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
Yeah! It's That And More

No complaints from Me! Please may I have some more (Oliver) Thanks for sharing this Fantastic Story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

A great and one of the most enjoyable read for me. A 10, keep up the good and great story writing.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 6 years ago

Slirp this was one of your best, but one small point. You had Becky's ghost age but not Dan's. The ghost would appear at the age they died since the living only knew and saw them that that age. I suspect your reason was to keep Steve off balance so 'she looked familiar' but keeping Steve from discovery to early in the story.

I understood why they could not appear at the wedding table even though they was defacto called upon, but it would have been nice if Steve & Deb would have seen the place setting got modified in some only Steve & Deb would recognize to confirm their presence. Or Becky & Dan for a moment only view-able by Steve & Deb materialized on the dance floor dancing with the new married couple on the first dance. .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I Do Believe in Spooks,I Do,I Do,I Do!

In the words of the Cowardly Lion,in the Land of Oz,"I Do Believe in Spooks,I Do,I Do,I Do!" ~ A wonderful story that made me stop and think about just how much humans don't know about the powers that be! ~ While I sort of knew that the mysterious girl at the weddings was Becky and that the dude in the tux was Dan,that made the ride to the outcome that much more fun! ~ Got misty when Becky died,when Dan semi-appeared and,when the two of them were dancing together smiling at their former loves. ~ This is a story that rises above the usual stuff on Literotica and,my compliments to the writer on a job excellently accomplished! ~ 5+

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
Surprised he didn't go to the cemetery where Becky was buried.

Would have been a logical step in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
the end was telegraphed but the story was good.

Not much to add, an ice story even when I knew from the first time the girl appeared that she was Becky, and then Dan.

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 5 years ago
oh, be still my heart

im a hopeless romantic im glade i picked this one to go to sleep on, love it tyvm for the read. time to sleep and dream happy dreams

SithLord6969SithLord6969almost 5 years ago
beautiful story

Heart wrenching but beautiful . Highest marks

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Very seldom do you get a chance to read stories like this? Great, but sad story.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Great

Love story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I Was Wondering

Where Becky dying was going to fit into the story down the line. Once the "old girlfriend" started showing up looking similar but different each time I thought I'd figured it out. Then the guy in the tux started appearing after Steve was involved with Debbie there was no doubt. KRD19254 and Anon 9/24/17 both had great thoughts and ideas. DrSemblance; since you don't seem to like the idea of recurring themes in stories I suggest you might shouldn't read too many of StangStar06's works, Mustangs, Jeeps and snarky, blonde process servers galore. As pennydog55 so eloquently says; ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF! Signed: BTW

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Very good.

Familiar, yet different. 10 stars original storyline.

SAV12SAV12over 3 years ago
AN EXCELLANT STORY

A VERY ROMANTIC STORY TO SAY THE LEAST. I DON'T USUALLY LIKE GHOST STORIES, BUT THE AUTHOR USED THE DECEASED TO ADVANCE THE COUPLE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. WELL DONE TO THE AUTHOR.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Sweet Story

I liked it. Yes, there were a couple of areas where it could have been improved but overall worth 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved It!

In the words of the Cowardly Lion in the Land of Oz:”I do believe in spooks! I do believe in spooks! I do,I do,I do!”

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Knew it was Becky when Dan appeared on the scene. Cute story.

housedadhousedadover 2 years ago

Unlike some of your other stories, this one had a strange twist that I've never read before. Like other readers, I knew Becky was involved when Dan introduced himself. In the beginning, the story started out a little strange and then got stranger. The ending, I will admit was touching and very appropriate. Well done.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Very touching story, for some reason the type was little blurry in places. Thank you for a really nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

one of the most touching stories i have ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A nice wholesome ghost story, well written and well proofread. Nice to read.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too damn weird and very predictable.

Try again!

SR

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

This was.awesome thanks 5*

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

4. Enjoyable but personally I think the ghost story weighed it down. It was a touching, frankly beautiful but sad, story minus the ghost stuff. Purely personal opinion.

B3ndoverB3ndoverover 2 years ago
Best story ever.

This is the best story I have read here. The mystery girl was kind of obvious but I thought it was a wonderful love story and a great twist. I would have given it more than 5 stars but that is all they let me give

Congratulations.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a great story, the ghost thing was a bit ere, but it put a little intrigue in the story. Well written with a great end. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A five-stars is a very rare score for me to give a story. This is a five.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Beautifully written and lovely story 💗💗💗💗. Definitely a 5 star 🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonalmost 2 years ago

Some dust must have gotten... Nah. Fuck that. I cried like the sentimental sap I am.

Beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best stories here. Knew it was his childhood GF right away, but took me a second to figure out it was her former husband - and I actually gasped when I saw it. 5* all the way...thanks for this one.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

That is another great sweet story. Thank-you

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

5* The sweetest story I have read on Literotica. I tear up every time I read it. Beautifully written and just so lovely. Thank you so much for posting it.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Maybe I'm not sentimental or maybe Steve is such a fucking drip I just don't care about his multiple failed relationships.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Fantastic job, a great read. Thanks for your writing.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Absolutely amazing work!

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Decent

Decent story,but why wasn't Becky's illness diagnosed early?.

Slider_48167Slider_48167about 1 year ago

One of my recent favorites. A refreshing change from cheating and revenge ( which I normally enjoy).

Some of the ‘expert critics’ may have some issues, but no glaring errors attacked me and insulted my parochial school education. Well done!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous