All Comments on 'Chloe Poses For Jules Lefebvre'

by vrosej10

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
buttersbuttersabout 13 years ago
strong write, v

solid 5, loved this. you bring her into more than 3-D, by incorporating her sensations... not an easy thing to do from a painting. you get better by the day!

if i had to be done-to-the-bone picky, 'her head yells' didn't work for me quite as well as the rest, but damn, that'd be uber niggly.

CuddlyAlCuddlyAlabout 13 years ago
Tasty

A poem which should be set alongside a meal of fava beans and a fine chianti. A strong and disturbing image. Isn't the legend, too, very sad?

UnderYourSpellUnderYourSpellabout 13 years ago
~

It's cut too close to the bone for my tastes (pun not intended!) if a whole paragraph has to be included so that I understand a poem then it has missed it's mark

NeonSubtletyNeonSubtletyabout 13 years ago
sharp

the poem feels so exact. Having read the backstory, this piece leaves me unsettled in the same way--I so desperately want to know her thinking. But mercilessly, your piece recounts but does not attempt to explain. And I'm glad it doesn't.

Maria2394Maria2394about 13 years ago
engrossing

I mean, really. The poem is neat, tidy and tells a wickedly sinister story. Thanks for the note at the end as I was unfamiliar with that artist and the history you write about. You really are a good poet and you get better with each submission. And the variety you write about amazes me. So smart, totally cool. I like ya woman, and your work. I bet you would be a fun friend to hang out with.

~ maria

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous