All Comments on 'only beginnings'

by live4passion

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
twelveoonetwelveooneabout 13 years ago
First

thank you for the comment, I did respond and vote on one, two of yours.

"there is no end reserved" is of interest, however the rest looks like it should be on a card.

adding I did not vote here.

live4passionlive4passionabout 13 years agoAuthor
a Hallmark moment?

lol sometimes simple, is just..

simple

No excuses for that.

And thank you 1201 for your other comments. I did see them.

GuiltyPleasureGuiltyPleasureabout 13 years ago
Voted....

....w/o comment.

Tess

lorencinolorencinoalmost 13 years ago
~~

On the suggestion to drop the last two lines:

The two resulting versions of this poem are quite distinct in their effect on me but I fear the deeper effect is, in fact, from the truncated version for it leaves me free to wander far beyond the restrictions imposed by the last two lines.

However, if your intention is to say precisely what the full poem says to me, so be it. I can accept that.

live4passionlive4passionalmost 13 years agoAuthor
thoughtful

Thank you for comment lorencino.

your choice of words strikes me. i don't put a lot of "thought" into my poetry, it has a way of writing itself and then even i get to accept the result. this one does seem to have a rather precise meaning, limited, as you point out.

i guess the seed here is the play on tensions between ends and beginnings with regards to preserving wonder in a relationship.

The thought you put into your comment, and considering the poem, is really appreciated.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous