All Comments on 'Morgan's Genie Ch. 00'

by bashfullyshameless

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

You have no idea how much I love you right now...

bashfullyshamelessbashfullyshamelessabout 13 years agoAuthor
*Ahem*

Well, I hope your love is either platonic or lacking in Y-chromosomes, otherwise I'm going to feel really awkward about this. :) But thank you!

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanabout 13 years ago
Yay!

A new story from the masterful Bashfullyshameless! And bless you for putting up two chapters at once!

An interesting beginning to what I hope will be another masterpiece like Angels, Demons, and Alex.

Time to read chapter one now.

bashfullyshamelessbashfullyshamelessabout 13 years agoAuthor
Just Because:

http://www.xkcd.com/879/

MrOzymandMrOzymandabout 13 years ago
Alright, he returns!

Glad to see you're writing again and I look forward to this. If anything, you've proven that you are an excellent writer and this will be one heck of a story.

PS - I too remember the "The Genie Chronicles". I cannot think of a better series to draw inspiration from than that series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Great to see you're doing another series! I was hoping I'd get to read more of your work. I definitely enjoyed both your other story and Brolly's genie series, can't wait to see how this one goes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Hey! Still connected! I think...

Heh, am I correct in assuming that "John" from this story is a previous life of Alex?

prowolfprowolfabout 13 years ago
still an excellent writer

limoSlimoSabout 13 years ago
Just looking at the title had me wondering...

Great to see that you've continued writing. When I saw the update on your profile page I was very excited. I have been hoping that someone might take inspiration from Joe Brolly's Genie Chronicles and 800lbGorilla's Beautiful Wish (also inspired by Genie Chronicles yet left very incomplete). I'm looking forward to where you take your series.

bashfullyshamelessbashfullyshamelessabout 13 years agoAuthor
Connections

John is, in fact, the same Crusader who left Normandy because he could not stand in the way of his wife's love for another man... :)

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderabout 13 years ago
Potential

This prologue has potential, and yet points toward pitfalls.

This chapter (#00) is well-written, and engrossing. The question lies in where the author plans to take the story line. The first pitfall would be to present the tale as being a matter of Christians fighting to gain geography, and thus, power and control; and all that in the name of religion. In truth, it was the Muslim adversary who saw politics and religion as being irrevocably entertwined, and from their view, a god-given mandate to take over other lands and kill the nonbelievers (i.e., the infidels).

And thus they believe, to this day. It's a concept which Western thinking has difficulty grasping, which leads to multiple errors in addressing these matters.

KolrinKolrinabout 13 years ago
Yay you are back!

And with something new to boot! Telling the genie story from the other pov will certainly be interesting.

I'll be off to read the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
you sir, are a god of men

I have no further comment

John BlackhawkJohn Blackhawkabout 13 years ago
i look forward to the next chapter

it is lovely to see you starting another story my friend. After you finished writing the "angels, demons, and alex" series i think you made a lot of people sad to see a great series like that go. After reading that series well i look forward and am ravenous to read the next chapter :) .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
So far

It seems quite interesting.

crazycujocrazycujoabout 13 years ago
you"re back!!

it's great to see you back. looking forward to the new series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
On the road again

good to have you back Bash - excellent prose as ever.

kitchensixkitchensixabout 13 years ago
Yay.

Holy hell, I missed you. Well your writing, which is you to me so.... Okay shutting up now. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Definitely looking forward to this!

At least you finish your stories, which is more than can be said for Joe... though maybe life (notice the absence of "real") intruded for him to discontinue...whatever

this is an amazing beginning and I am waiting for it to get on the road... expect nothing but the best from you! kudos! =D

gaju123gaju123about 13 years ago
OMG your back!

Wowsa, truthfully I felt you weren't coming back and yet I see how wrong I was and I am really overjoyed. Waiting for more!

12thknight12thknightabout 13 years ago

Good to have you back mate. you rock as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
If it is as good as Brolly...

I just reread Genie Chronicles, and wish to see a worthy successor. I hope this is it.

knightofheartsknightofheartsalmost 13 years ago
Say it aint so Joe

With respect to the White Sox's and Joe Brolly's Genie, I love them, but I am most looking forward to your next novels. Keep up the good work.

ChaamChaamalmost 13 years ago
Welcome back!

Good to see new submissions of you :).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Also overjoyed to see your return.

This looks promising already. Familiar writing style and depths of unanswered questions from the first (zeroth) chapter alone.

Can't wait.

edwards21edwards21almost 13 years ago
???

Why would you guys think he wasn't coming back? His prior series posted from late last year to February of this year. It obviously takes time to write of this quality. I think you guys are/were jumping to unnecessary conclusions.

j1969j1969almost 13 years ago
Heeeee's Baaaaaack!

Very visual! Love it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Whoo!!

Enjoyed Joe's and I know I'm going to enjoy this! Congrat's on the e-book, you earned it!! Would've loved to see your face! XD

CatBrownCatBrownover 12 years ago
Interesting

I haven't read the story referred to at the end, but this one seems interesting and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Ahhh, a good start . . .

and now, I hope, a good story to follow. Tnx Lynn

asianToyasianToyover 9 years ago
Great Start!

Not many can do historical drama without going over the edge into ridiculous romance. You have... nice job.

asianToy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
crafted

A fine crafted beginning; could see the grime on his sweaty brow, and see the dust in the air. I look forward eagerly.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 5 years ago
Historic beginning

A non erotic prologue that was well told. I must read on. Thank you for your creativity and your sharing, both well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbashfullyshameless@bashfullyshameless
1806 Followers
10/10/23: Hey, if you're wondering where I've been, it turns out I've mostly been writing books! My latest is NO MAN'S LAND, book six in the Poor Man's Fight series, out today! https://www.amazon.com/Mans-Land-Poor-Fight-Book-ebook/dp/B0CK9W5GDF If you're looking for somethin...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES