All Comments on 'PTA'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 210 Comments
PTBzzzzPTBzzzzalmost 13 years ago
What can I say...

you write good stories. I still don't like the cheating though.

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 13 years ago
I kind lost it when...

You used the names Lucas McCain, Joseph Cartwright, Hop Sing in the first few paragraphs.

Maybe it's cute to use the names of 50's and early 60's westerns but I found it a little lazy and off-putting.

The story was OK though.

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 13 years ago
I liked the older names.

Why wasn't the city they lived in Harper Valley?

chytownchytownalmost 13 years ago
You Write!!!!!!!

Some good old stories!!!!!!! Thanks for agood read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
funny ending

Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, Jason: not nearly as scary as...

the PTA!

5 stars

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xalmost 13 years ago

Okay StangStar, you have a heart after all I see. Nicely written and a good read, would I take back such a wife as this? I hope I never come across such a situation.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 13 years ago
Chagrined forgot to connect Chuck Connors with Lucas McCain.

Unlike him, I didn't find any of that silliness "off-putting" (Lord, I hate that expression!). I did find the reconciliation with the ex-wife to be a little bit bothersome, but you did handle it well, in that they never remarried.

For me it was still a Five Star effort. I have become one of those who looks forward to Thursdays.

thefranzthefranzalmost 13 years ago
The western jokes are ok but...

to include the Ann Wilson/Heart/Barracuda allusion - in addition to your habitual mustang stuff- was ott.

A nice story with good dialogue. You've come a long way...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
you write really thoughtful stories

keep it up :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I gotta say, this story was disappointing. Unrealistic as well |:

zed0zed0almost 13 years ago
Pretty Pathetic!

Your clutch is slipping!! Perhaps taking more time between stories will help, after all you're not required to crank out some shit every week.

bony789bony789almost 13 years ago
On the fringe

Nicely written. Good twist and turn.

The Cartwright-Ponderosa references were

odd and a bit forced.

Otherwise, very good story that kept my attention.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 13 years ago
OK...

From one mustang man to another, I liked this story for the most part. However, I gave it 4 stars instead of my usual 5 stars because I just can't warm up to the take the bitch back type of stories. Part of me understands how it could happen after 20 years. Another part of me would want to piss on her every time I saw her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I liked it....

I enjoy both the scorched earth and reconciliation stories. This middle ground was interesting. Thanks!

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
Did she have to die

Too bad only the good die young

Mandy01Mandy01almost 13 years ago
Blinks

Who's Lucas McCain? Chuck Connors is some old kungfooy guy I think, but I have no idea where the references to any of the other things some are talking about. Hmmm....must be way before my time. So I'll let them go.

Still a good drama of action and consequence. Can you get it back? I doubt it, but I think if he could accept her contrition, then hey, any port in a storm is good anchorage...lol

She can fool herself into thinking she has him back, but really he'll just be using her no differently to all the others she has rejected of the years.

Still if she going to put out, then putting out for someone you have wronged is probably more soothing for her soul than anyone else.

Just my view. Again good work Stang,

Amanda

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 13 years ago
Yep....

another great story!!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
Much better than your recent stories

If this wasnt a direct shot at idiots like JPB and some others I dont know what is

"I've spoken to several of my friends, who're divorced," she said. "You're supposed to have gotten angry, at me and fought over me. Then we're supposed to argue over everything including custody of Sasha. Then you're supposed to move out and into a shitty little apartment. You're supposed to be miserable and lonely. And When I feel like it I'm supposed to offer you a mercy fuck or two. Then we're supposed to work our way towards getting back together with the clear understanding that I love you but you're not enough for me. So occasionally I'll take a lover and you won't find out, or you'll pretend that you don't know, because you don't want us to go through the pain of almost losing each other again. Maybe you'll take one too, but it's supposed to just be sex." She was crying now.

Good story.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 13 years ago

LOL, Harry had the same idea I did. The part he copy/pasted (which I was about to do in my comment) immediately stood out to me. That was like a blueprint of a lot of stories in LW. Highly amusing to add that.

Gianna....I dunno. Too over the top, too soon. Practically the moment Luke finds out Dana's cheated, this devastatingly beautiful woman appears in his life, and wants him? Definitely pure fantasy. Not that I'd complain if I were Luke!

The ending, hmm....although I don't like RAAC stories, I'll buy it this time. The epilogue is twenty years in the future, that's a freaking lifetime.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

dude... you really need to get over your own cheating wife issues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Liked the ending

I liked that they got back together in the end. Most stories like this stop where the former wife was in some terrible situation and left her there.

Average_ReaderAverage_Readeralmost 13 years ago
Fun story.

The story is great and it was fun trying to catch all the cheesy references.Such as Ann Wilson....from the Heart Agency.......she's a Barracuda?Had the radio on whilst writing huh?

NOTE TO MANDY01:Chuck Conners was the "Rifleman" not "some kungfooey guy"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Oh No

Stang, you don't have to submit a story every Thursday. Take a break.

robinsimpson1robinsimpson1almost 13 years ago
What The Fuck

Ok this stupid prik thinks his wife is a slut . Then he gose right in to war mode ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Seriously enjoy your work, StangStar06.

Well done and always glad to see a revenge story to balance all that "RACC" & wimp/slut garbage out there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
so-so

ups and downs, can't rate a 3, but it's better than a 2. LONG, though

knightshado2knightshado2almost 13 years ago
Very Good

Ill vote on it on SOL

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Interesting and Enjoyable Story

One might ask why kill off Gianna? Just to give the finger to the absolutists around here? The funny thing is that until the PI handed in his report I was sure that it was going to turn out that Dana was telling him a "white lie" to cover up a really nice surprise for Luke. So I felt betrayed too.....

Living with and having a relationship with his ex-wife is perfectly reasonable after a 20 year break. If He had expelled her without eating the breakfast and then triple locked the door he might have escaped the natural course of events.

Unfortunately I just spent three hours at the dentist after reading the story and before writing this comment, so I may be repeating what has all ready been said.

Nice work Stang

MikelGMikelGalmost 13 years ago
tongue in cheek

Lucas MCain, the Rifleman character name and Chuck Connors the star, little joe et al. Funny stuff. I get it. Have gun will travel is represented too.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 13 years ago
I knew a couple . . .

. . . about like that years ago in Dallas. Didn't turn out quite the same way. From the description of the lawyer, sounds like several NFL teams could use her as left guard. An easy read in the morning though, I can live with it.

hodunkhodunkalmost 13 years ago
PTA, is a great story!

Man I loved this story, you had me from word one. Keep writin'em and I'll keep readin'em. Love your writing,man your the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Not so much

Well, it seemed too long and too trite.

With some suspicion, the guy hires a P.I., I get that, but then hires a lawyer rather than wait a week or two for confirmation that his wife is screwing around? What's with that? Then his daughter, who doesn't know what her mother is doing, encourages her father towards adultery? Frankly the daughter who's about 13 acts and speaks more like a 35 year old sister.

Then the guy turns on a dime, dumps wife and going after the teacher.

I thought the it was just sex stuff was repeated a few to many times. So shorten it , edit it, and add some emotions and it would be a better story. Didn't read the other comments yet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Different

Not your normal cheating wife story--I LIKED IT

RehnquistRehnquistalmost 13 years ago
I Enjoyed It, But . . .

I really thought the turnaround from totally in love with his wife to feeling nothing for her while suddenly being totally in lust with Gianna was way, way, way too fast. Can love die that quickly? I suppose so, but I also think you'd still be an emotional wreck over the whole thing for quite awhile.

And, frankly, I didn't see the story playing out as quickly as it did or with the actions taken to further the plot. Your paragraph toward the beginning was superb, particularly the following:

"Let's face it love makes us clueless. If you're constantly looking over your shoulder and watching for the apple of your eye to cheat on you, then your relationship sucks. Kick that bitch to the curb right now. Trust me if you can't let your guard down around her, you don't really love her. I'm sure a lot of you guys out there are thinking "If my old lady was running around on me, I'd know it." Well double O seven when it happens to you, trust me you'll be as clueless as I was, but probably not as lucky."

See? Both funny and an immediate and valid riposte to those who would spend their lives distrusting any slip of the wife's tongue or late arrival and the like. Why? Because this paragraph was true.

So once you set it up, all of the emotional conflict was quickly drained with the hiring of a PI, her bantering about every cliche excuse when caught, and him giving every cliche answer to her excuses.

Still, I liked the story. As BobnBobbi said, it was a light, easy read. Granted, emotional whallops can be draining, but I really thought that's where you were taking this, and--after setting it up so well to do so--you took us on a lighthearted ride.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Not my favorite

I usually enjoy your stories but I didn't like this one that much. I think the two main reasons are that:

#1 he fell for Gianna too quickly. Winterfrog does that too...has the husband find his new love in the middle of figuring out his wife is cheating.

#2 they end of back together. I really hate when that happens.

Thanks anyway for another story and I look forward to your next one.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 13 years ago
A very involved story with a lot of emotion

Love and hate then love again making the couple's life a very bumpy road to follow.

A good story that left me with a good feeling, thanks for the read.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 13 years ago
Enjoyable

Enjoyable read but the pace at which he and Gianna fell for each other was too quick as others have already stated, out of synch with the pacing for the other events of the story. I find the reconciliation feasible given the ensuing relationship she established with Gianna, the length of time past and Giannas untimely death, and the apparent genuine remorse. Thanks for writing for us.

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 13 years ago
Ugh!

You've written some good stuff. This is not one of them. For all the reason stated above, and more, this whole story is just not believable. It should have been in the Sci-Fi&Fantasy category.

Sandman55Sandman55almost 13 years ago
well...

I liked it, but I didn't love it. It had great parts and parts that could of been left of or changed...all in all it was still a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
good story

ONLY MISTAKE ON THIS ONE, YOU CANNOT THROW YOUR WIFE OUT INTO THE STREET YOU SHARED THAT HOUSE FOR 15 YRS AND NO COURT THAT I KNOW OF WOULD ALLOW THAT .. UNTIL THERE WAS A SETTLEMENT OF SOME KIND

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
HOW DO YOU ASSUME YOUR WIFE IS CHEATING SO QUICKLY

YOU LOVE YOUR WIFE BUT U USUALLY FIND OUT THE FACT BEFORE JUMPING TO CRAZY CONCLUSIONS. DID NOT EVEN TRY TO WORK IT OUT. AND FINDING LOVE SO QUICKLY IS UNBELIEVABLE. THAT MEANS HE WAS READY TO GO ANYWAY. NOT WORK ON IT.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 13 years ago
Anyone who reads my comments knows that I really hate unjustified reconciliations.

That being said this stories reconciliation is kinda Okay. First, it's been twenty years and his now dead wife had become very close the the cheating slut ex-wife. Second, the slut was apparently truly sorry for her cheating. And, finally, they didn't reconcile "instantly" after the death of his faithful wife.

I would have been happier if they had NOT reconciled and the last scene show him and his faithful wife "in Heaven" with him actually pissing on the cheating bitch in hell to cool her. Now that would be mercy.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 13 years ago
Stang Man often requires the reader to

suspend disbelief. His stories are often a bit wordy and long without the tension that should accompany it to the end. It is almost as if he adds a page after the story is finished.

He posts a story every freakin' week. The greatest quality he has shown as a writer, in my humble opinion is how real, how honest, how masculine his husbands are in his stories. They do not waver and negotiate. They love their women until something happens to cause them to stop. His husbands are uncomplicated, loyal, dependable and driven when wronged. The other thing I have noticed is Stang's increased use of humor and tongue-in-cheek scenarios and statements. He is growing and we all have the pleasure of seeing it happen. Let's just see how good he gets!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Just started reading it BUT ; )

Luke McCain and Joe Cartwright ...... I am gonna spit out my coffee if Rowdy Yates and Ms Kitty show up..... Ok Back to reading

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
not bad

I enjoyed the story actually.

As for the house and court...sorry but hed have every legal right as it was in his parents name before they got together. Which makes it untouchable. If it was bought DURING the marriage then a little different.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Okay But

<p>I have to agree with Rehnquist on this one. Here he is, totally in love with his wife, and bang, just like that he has written off his wife of 14 years, found a new love, and he is panting at the bit to move on. He doesn't even know if his wife is really cheating, has a problem at work, or is just planning a nice surprise for him.</p>

<p>Let's face it. You don't think you're going to lose the love of your life and practically move in with you kid's school teacher the same afternoon. The sense of betrayal and lose takes a while to subside. I've been there and done that and unless you're pretty much a psychopath whose every emotion revolves around yourself, it takes a while to heal up.</p>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Interesting story

Not actually erotic as the there was little if any graphic sexuality. But it was an interesting story of hurt, divorce, new love and renewal. Not bad at all.

I will assume the writer was playing a joke by using names of characters and actors from old TV shows but I think the story would be been better without that.

I like cheating wife stories. After all, it's just a story.

doodlesdaddoodlesdadalmost 13 years ago
Divorced friends?

She listened to her divorced friends, eh? Dumb move.

SKHPSKHPalmost 13 years ago
The timeline was a little odd

In the first part at the time of her cheating & the divorce, he is 35 and it seems to be the present (iPad, modern means of comunication...). The second part is supposed to be 20 years later - that's about 2030. But there are still Mustangs on the roads!

That is wishful thinking, Stang!

5* for the amusement and excelent, readable writing style.

NIGHTW1NGNIGHTW1NGalmost 13 years ago
You are..

on a roll! Another good submission by you sir! Looking forward to your next one!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
This guy is a piece of shit.

Sure Chuch and Dana had an affair; but at least they didn't pretend it was anything but...this asshat, htough, gets on his high fucking horse and acts like he's mayor of turd town because HE didn't sleep with anyone. Fuck yes he did! The moment he went on a date without knowing wether his wife was cheating on him, he was guilty of having an affair, even if no sex was involved. The only guy to deserve a punch in the nose is Luke, the fucktard wonder!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
A little far fetched

and agree with the majority of readers, 1. he passes judgment of wife before the real facts are in 2. he falls for another woman before he even knows for sure wife is a cheater 3. his feeling for her are turned "off" instantly ?? 4. he hates her for twenty years (most unlikely) years do mellow a person. But then this is fantasy and well written, well worth reading. I do enjoy your stories. Keep them coming. ML

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 13 years ago
ROTFLMAO

Dana says

"I've spoken to several of my friends, who're divorced," she said. "You're supposed to have gotten angry, at me and fought over me. Then we're supposed to argue over everything including custody of Sasha. Then you're supposed to move out and into a shitty little apartment. You're supposed to be miserable and lonely. And When I feel like it I'm supposed to offer you a mercy fuck or two. Then we're supposed to work our way towards getting back together with the clear understanding that I love you but you're not enough for me. So occasionally I'll take a lover and you won't find out, or you'll pretend that you don't know, because you don't want us to go through the pain of almost losing each other again. Maybe you'll take one too, but it's supposed to just be sex." <br><br>

This so beautifully encapsulates the deluded wife mindset and ridicules it at the same time. The dumb guy is supposed to be crushed and give in to the woman completely. NOT! <br><br>

I have mixed feelings about the reconciliation. Could you ever rebuild trust over someone that screwed you so badly? Maybe because he recovered almost immediately and that he had such a wonderful life with Gianna he didn't have time to suffer and build up hatred for Dana. Dana certainly paid for her actions. And she did exactly what Gianna did, she got herself in line first. At least they didn't get remarried. Maybe that's the ultimate price Dana pays, to never have him in a committed marriage again. She can only get so much of a relationship and never again the whole thing. Maybe that's enough for him. Good story.

HarryHaversackersHarryHaversackersalmost 13 years ago
Not one of your best

Your hero is not a particularly likeable guy, indignant about his wife's assumed (at the time) cheating, while walking around with a hard-on for his kid's teacher. The wife makes herself look like a moron, carrying on about how things should go during a typical break up The only ones who come out looking OK are Sasha and Gianna.

You've done much better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Only four stars

Because the wrong woman died.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
bs story

Don't go into such descriptions about the legal issues without knowing what you are talking about. Your lawyer is unethical and probably would be censured for her behavior, you are extorting Chuck and your behavior amounts to similar fault behavior that would keep you from using fault grounds in most to all jurisdictions. Also, good luck pursuing a claim for mental anguish. You probably won't get money because you would be LAUGHED out of court while paying his attorney's fees.

Also, your protagonist is a hypocritical asshole. Did you want to make him one? As soon as he even suspected that his wife was cheating on him, he decided that she gave him a "get out of jail" free card. That is the mark of a douchebag not an innocent spouse.

The ending was too contrived and rushed.

The editing was spotty but overall your grammar and spelling was pretty good. You do know how to write, so I will give you that one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought the husband was a real asshat. Yeah he suspected Dana was cheating but it's not like he wasn't in the wrong as well. He's eying Gianna without any real proof of his wife's infidelity and having "dates". Dana may have had a physical affair but he was having an emotional one in a matter of days.

But hey, supposedly she's this goddess that brings all men to their knees but give me a break here!! And the jerk included her in on the big "cheater confrontation" why? As a final stick it to Dana tactic.

No one was really that likable. Usually I like your stuff but this was a big dud to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Pretty Much the Same

I'm pretty much of the same mind as lots of other commenters. He leapt too quickly to a conclusion about his wife of 14 years. Then he leapt too quickly into a relationship while he was STILL married. Worse, he took his daughter with him on his "dates" with his new mistress. And, his daughter sure did get over losing Mom pretty quickly as well. What's up with that?

You did make a mistake in one scene. He wasn't feeling well so he left work and went to get some work done on his Mustang. His wife called and they had it out for a moment. Then Gianna called and somehow she also knew he wasn't at work (how did she know that?). She made some suggestive comments to him that caused him to become erect. Then he clarifies that he's happy he's locked in his office where no one can see him. Did he somehow transport from the car shop to his office while he was on the phone with his new mistress?

On another note, I was one of the folks who thought that bringing in Lucas McCain, Joe Cartwright, Hop Sing, Chuck Connors, Ann Wilson, Heart, and Barracuda was pretty funny. I thought it interesting that Lucas McCain was always a good guy while in real life Chuck Connors was known to be a pervert of sorts. Kinda of some interesting parallels.

Keep on writing. I always enjoy your stories. Take care.

cpetecpetealmost 13 years ago
where is Hoss?

The old western TV show call outs were a nice touch.

The best line in the story was when the wife chacter whines about what was lost you had the husband explain:

"...You didn't lose them so much as just throw them away. And they were simply picked up by someone who it seems values them far more than you ever did.."

So true.

A well done senerio about the husband and ex-wife getting back together. Its been 20 years since the cheating issue-you had the husband understand that resentment was like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

Well done again Stang-always look forwad to your posts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Well, i gave it 5 stars as...

the only thing i expected to happen, but didn't. was that the daughter some how knew what the mother was doing, hence bringing father and teacher together!

I've added you to my favourite authors anyway! :)

NKen

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 13 years ago
Good story as always

I enjoy what you write and look forward to your submissions. I liked the last little twist with the PTA brought a smile.

Thank You and please keep posting so I can keep reading since your stories are always worth the time!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
So in your fantasies...

How are you having sex with the Mustang? Like in the tail pipe or just rubbing on it or what?

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAalmost 13 years ago
Thanks StangStar06!

Good Story! I enjoyed it. No other comment from me except to say that I appreciate your efforts week after week.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Really!! You spend all this time writing a story and this is what you come up with. Weak man weak. A story about a wife having a gangbang with a bunch of African American Midgets is more realistic. There is a famous quote that is relevant here. "We are all dumber for reading this"

demantoiddemantoidalmost 13 years ago
SHIT!...Fuck you! No Micah?

At least you could have written him in as the principal or head of the PTA. Chuck Connors vs Lucas McCain what a weird Bonanza! I always enjoy your character development...a bit less manic here. I liked the the gentler pace. Divorce seems to be a theme recently.

By the way, I enjoyed Second Chances very much. Loved all the plot twists. just a wonderful story.

Boy, Literotica is not too bright. I just do not understand why the most popular, the most beloved and the BEST writer is not publish here every chance they would get. Something to ponder osa over, huh.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Fun story but really ...

"tig bitties"? I have to admit, that gave me one of my biggest chuckles. LOL

HagarTheHorribleHagarTheHorriblealmost 13 years ago
Phoning it in?

The guy is a cheating asshole who is looking for greener grass at the first signs of trouble. Just think how disappointed he'd be if it was actually a gambling problem. Did he read ahead in the script so that he knew it would be alright?

The wife is way over the top. "It wasn't supposed to be like this. I just wanted to break the heart of the man I love and leave him a broken shell of a man, so that I could get some strange cock on the side." WTF? Psychopath much? Why would anybody voluntarily be within 100 feet of this woman, let alone let her into your house?

Gianna supposedly went through terrible times when her husband cheated on her. Then why is it that she can't wait to started wrecking homes the moment she finds an eligible man?

Please leave someone to root for, 'k?

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
Hagar, your a fucking moron

The bitch had been cheating for two months. You say, he was looking for greener pastures, and what the fuck was she doing? Just test driving a new cock because she was feeling old. Please, she's just a cheating slut and he found better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
One of the most excellent and insightful Author ever.

Even from all the commenters, good or bad, shows that this story and this style evokes peoples emotions,as all good writers strive for.

I just wonder why Author of your caliber isn't making millions from his writing.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Okay

I am with Hagar on this one. Gianna was husband hunting from the first meeting without knowing anything about the cheating wife. The daughter had already turned on her Mother because she wasn't nice for a couple of months? The husband loved his wife "So much" that he instantly fell out of love with her? I don't think so from my experience.

It took me several years to fall "Out of love" with mine, and even then it was while we had stayed married and lived as a family until I found someone prettier and more fun to be with.

I did the same thing as this husband did and moved up with a marriage breaking "Other woman". Of course, I already knew that my first wife was cheating and was looking for such.

The husband in this story did not know that for sure when he started dating his "Other Woman." Like mine, when Gianna showed interest in him, even though he was married he was quickly on his way to divorce and busting up his long-term marriage.

Why does it kill so many of you that the guilt-ridden first wife gets a chance to take care of him after 20 years. At 55 years old they are past most of that immature bullshit like cheating and looking for greener pastures? I know that I am.

Oh well, I just guess that I like to debate you old hard-nosed commenters. Real life is just like these stories. Different strokes for different folks. Another bit of wisdom... No one knows what one will do in any given situation until faced with it. Like your tales Stang...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
WOW!

Tig bitties,,,, I loved it and the story. R.T.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I stopped reading this unrealistic garbage after page 3 and gave it 1*.

It is all fantasy the author invents a character that has old ugly wife but has Jessia Alba chasing him.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
A lot of fun to read

This was a good one -

You made it clear it was very fanciful and unreal - but it was not really that far off -

Of course the "real" Rifleman would never have tolerated this shit from his alter ego (the actor either) lol nice play on the characters there.

Two months of lies and cheating no matter why is a deal breaker - once it is know for certain. Luke did not just jump at her she told him his wife was cheating (indirectly of course) when she corrected the lie about when the PTA met. Even an old fool would not have had any real questions then and Luke did not either. He DID do what he needed to do to be completely sure then acted with finality.

Works just fine - as for falling out of love - you miss too much of what Stang says - he still loved her he simply knew he could not trust her of be with her - very different.

And as Scorpio44 says Love is intentional you decide to do it, being "in love" is a relative thing - you are in a relationship that is an expression of the love and THAT can stop overnight, right after the relationship is destroyed by fire.

Thanks Stang

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
To be honest,

i nearly stopped reading when you got into that lame Bonanza thing but didn't and the story recovered pretty well. I think the ending was done reasonable even though the 20 years with Gianna where more like a footnote and I think she deserved much, much more.

@DonRWood: She wasn't husband hunting, she was single and engaged in mild flirting. Where is the fault in that?

You claim to be older but I doubt it, because you would know, that once you passed the 30 year mark its not that simple to find a new partner, you can't just go to clubs or hit on the Coeds at the frat parties like when you where 20. You have to take risks and mildly flirt with people, without knowing if they are really available. How would you know if they are in a relationship? Thats THEIR JOB to let you know. As long as you are respectful and back off once they let you know that they aren't available or once you learn that they are married and intend to cheat with you, you are good.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
i can't wait any longer for dwornock new story

oh yea, i forgot he hasnt written any

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWornock . . . .

Sad, sad little girl. . . can't write, can't read anything other people do write, can't do anything but bitch

If you hate these stories so much, DON"T READ THEM!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
anon, I concur...

Sometimes writers create these things called "fictional characters". These are not "real" people, but a product of the writer's imagination. The practice has become quite popular in literature for the past 6000 years or so...seriously, google it!

roscovichroscovichover 12 years ago
Just most wonderful entertainment there is.

I doubt anything could be better than this.The writing skills of this Author is superb. I have this feeling when I write this comment that sometimes 5* is not enough. There should be something more. Thanks Stang.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
long and boring

title says it all

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE A BACK-UP PIECE

even if it is a used throw-away. TK U MLJ LV NV

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
dug it

Loved the Bonanza and Heart references. I dug your story and am off to read more.

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
Gianna

Most of the story was good, but it sucked ass when Gianna died so bad SS for that but overall good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
GOOD, BUT CORNY IN SPOTS.

EXCELLANT STORY, BUT COULD DO WITHOUT ALL OF THE OLD WEST NAMES AND REFERENCES. THEY SEEMED KIND OF CORNY, AND BROUGHT A REALLY GOOD STORY DOWN TO JUST AVERAGE.

JeffTomJeffTomover 12 years ago
Loved the PTA Ending

Thanks for sharing your work with me/us.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
I didn't like the husband much

Abrupt.

Sixteen years...two months? I think he's correct it's over but why not be sure first?

gyjunkiegyjunkieover 12 years ago
Another great story.

Saxon..Don't forget the "Rifleman" references.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
ok

i can see that happening.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
Loved the re-read

I do hate it though when you kill off the saving angel - like that -

Nice mechanism for the forgiveness and reconciliation with elf respect but - damn

Thank you for sharing your work with us -

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
great re-read

love her tearing up the pta notice. gave u a 5.

thebulletthebulletabout 12 years ago
a cliche ridden story -

I'm sure ss06's point was to illustrate the repetitive nature of most LW stories on Lit.

My personal favorite most disliked cliche is the guy who finds his wife cheating and immediately hooks up with some one who is better looking and faithful too. This story had that cliche in spades.

I think most writers of LW stories eventually reach the point where they want to do an "all-cliche all the time" story. This is ss06's version, I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
out of the box

Nice change in storyline. For once the wife is back in the life. But, really got disappointed about Gianna.

roscovichroscovichalmost 12 years ago
Another re-read,another wonderful time of enjoying myself.

Thank you Stang. BTW, why do some people like Ford cars? I used to own a Ford,a GT 351,and to paraphrase one car critic it had

braking and cornering abilities of QE2 ! But I digress. Well done SS.

ArkovArkovover 11 years ago
They should never have gotten back together.

Great read, truly. But you could have done without them getting back together.

ValerionValerionover 11 years ago
Well..

I'm usually with the crowd screaming fuck no they shouldn't have gotten back together but I'll admit, it had a really nice symmetry.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 11 years ago
It was OK

It lacked emotion. After fourteen years of marriage he casually completed the mundane tasks to get a divorce. Of course, when you have a hot women like Giana already declaring her intentions it makes your decision a lot easier with no doubts about becoming a lonely bachelor later in life. Still, no trust issues generalized from the first marriage to the second, Hmmmm. The man was clearly a cyborg making this story in the wrong category. Definately, not up to your usual standards. That's the bitch about writing good stories. All those that follow are compared to those that preceeded them to see if they past muster. C'est la vie

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Every once and awhile I come across some sad story on this site that just breaks my heart and leaves me aching for days. There good, but devastating. I love your stories because they always make me feel better. Who knew a story about a cheating whore could lift your spirits? Thanks for all the good tales.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
I agree with the lack of emotion

especially from a hero who, it seemed, was never likely to be really hurt. Not one of the better efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
And another mustang story!

I love your stories. My divorce has been going on 3 years now, as of next month. We were divorced 19 months ago, yet her court crap continues. We should be done finally, within the next two months. She had 5 emotional affairs in our 19 year marriage, and left 3 years ago to Chase her married professor. He is still married. Her fantasy has not happened yet. And yes, I'm glad. That he stayed married, and she is alone. I have the 5 kids with me, with full custody. I look forward to a new marriage soon. I like how you put a mustang in each of your stories. Everyday my 8 yr old and I play a game to count the most mustangs on the road. Life is good!

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
Interesting story

The injection of Giana into this story brings issue to what if there was no Giana? I think there may have been a better opportunity for a reconciliation even if the chances were slim to none. Dana was an idiot. Her state of mental health was questionable at best. Although, divorce was inevitable reconciliation was remotely possible without Giana. I was happy to see Chuck get a cold plate and a shot in the face and of course both cheaters terminated. The story certainly warranted five stars but was not a strong shining example of your skills. Thanks for the effort and please continue writing. You are among the best if the best.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago

I'm not 100% in love with this story. It was written well, but I have to agree with some of the commenters on this. There was no emotion, and no likable characters. I also wasn't in love with the fact that the husband was ready for marriage after the second date when he wasn't even out of his 12 year marriage. Not very realistic. One thing that you did do, which I think was genius, was you created an story that appealed to both the BTB crowd and the reconciliation crowd. Decent story, but I can't say that it is a favorite. Next time I would suggest making the victim more likable. That way we can feel his pain and get behind him when he sticks it to his wife.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous