All Comments on 'Laura's Vineyard'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 615 Comments
gene55mgene55mover 20 years ago
One of the best I've read in a long time

Your lovely story is full of beauty, passion, loneliness, respect, lust, caring, nostalgia. It is one of the best I've read on this site. Thank you so much. Hoping to read more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
A REAL heart warming story

This has to be the most touching story I've ever read. The wonderful characters Ronde has created, the atmosphere around them, everything blends together to create a literary masterpiece. True this story touched me ever so deeply. I don't cry easily, but this story moved me to tears.

I hope that someday Ronde decides to expand thiss story into a full novel. I think it has the potential to be a best seller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Oh My God

I have to agree to Anonymous in Kentucky on this one though I have a tendency to cry easily, but i must admit that that this was the most touching story i ever read. Also I belive that I will remember story for a long time, since storys that tend to move me deeply like this stays with me for a long time..

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Great Story!

Even if the story is fiction from an active imagination, it is a wonderful tribute to the memory of "Laura and Charlie."

Laura's dedication to the work in spite of great sacrifice and hardship is very touching.

Thanks for your diligence in writing this story for all of us to share.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
The Lucky One

Just great. It is more than just a story. You lived it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat

Ronde, I missed this one before and I found it to be one of the most touching stories I've read here. Some one said before that you should complile your stories in a book. Please consider it, I'd buy a copy. And, please, continue to write. And, for some reason, I really want a glass of Michigan made wine right now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Love Can Be Eternal

A story, well done and beutifly told.

PK

And Yet AgainAnd Yet Againabout 20 years ago
The Best I have Read on Literotica

I love to read erotic literature, but your story touched me in a different way.

You should write a book.....no, really you should!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Better than any story I have ever read

I totally agree with the man (woman?) suggesting you to write a book. Well go ahead. I will be the one who will buy it first....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
A Truly Wonderful Story

You have a great gift of telling a story that not many people in this whole world has. I would say that you're equal to the authors that write best selling romance novels. This is a wonderful short story, and would make a good submission to a publisher to showcase your talent. I agree with the others that you should write a book.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Very Nice

Nice job Ronde. Very touching. An erotic story that actually makes me think about life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
a perspective in reflection of exsistance

hard absolute realty, touched with tenderness, lilt with the flavour of humane emotion, the turbulance of passion,

the sacrifice of conformity

truly the traits and pleasure of a fine mature wine

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Full of emotion

This is one of those stories that affect you so much that you have to read it more than once.An extremely moving story from a master storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
A Vineyard to Favour Any Table

A truley great story wrote with feeling & sincerity to the story line.A really good read & may it add power to your elbow.

Thanks & Carry on Your good work

WickedWench13WickedWench13about 20 years ago
Beautiful, powerful, and very touching.

Had me in tears at the end, it was so beautifully written, and such a satisfying story. The erotic element was well done, but only part of a much greater whole.

You have a great talent for expressing the bittersweet state of being an ageing woman.

Wild BlueWild Blueabout 20 years ago
Daaaaaamn!

I'm new to Literotica and not generally prone to leaving coments. I've written a story (Pillow Talk (Loving Wives)) that I thought was good until now. This is what great erotica is about!

GirlWatchinGirlWatchinabout 20 years ago
Thank you

Thank you so much for this wonderful story. Brought tears to my eyes. Wonderful, poignant, touching. Beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
very special

I too was a bit choked up. A most special story.

captivated63captivated63almost 20 years ago
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant

I am a 41 year old male, and this wonderful story even had me chocking back tears. This story would make a wonderful telemovie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
A tender and touching story

Very moving. Brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for beautiful story-telling. A reminder that human emotion, even the erotic one, is much more than a simple sexual instinct.

Thank you,

Artu, 34 years old.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
True Beauty

Beautiful story, with a touch of class. No crudeness, nohumiliation, gang rape or adultery. Just a heartwarming well developed story about good-hearted people loving each other in a real way . Congratulations! 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Heartwarming

Evry time I read it, it brings tears t my eyes. This ia an expression of LOVE that rarely happens. Even if there was physical love involved, the content of the story is the love that a woman has for her husband and the surrogate that became her son if only in name. The fact that the "son" continued on with the vinyard was a tribute to the memory of a wonderful women and her husband and the vision that they had. Hopefully it continues to this day. I can remember those years. And I too have a wonderfull wife with whom I share a life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Lovely story

It,s a very lovely story. Thank you for your excelence.

LRB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Bring it to the screen

I think this story would make a wonderful film. Please think about developing a screen play. It is a beautiful story, and should make a beautiful film.

youngstiffdickyoungstiffdickalmost 20 years ago
Thank You!

As a 42 year old man.....all I can say is Thank You!!

GonzaloGonzaloalmost 20 years ago
I just had to write "Thank You!"

This is what writing is all about. It was sexy, warm, and very human. What a great gift you have. And, yes, it did bring tears to my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
love story

A beautiful story very well told. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Loved Laura's Vineyard

I just reread the story again tonight. I first read it several months ago and happened upon it while browsing. I said to myself "that is well worth rereading". I really enjoyed it again. The story is very well written and is a truly romantic story of love, not just sex. Thank you again for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Laura's Vineyard

I loved this story. It was so touching, it brought tears to my eyes. Excellent story telling.

herfoxherfoxalmost 20 years ago
Sensual and moving

A beautiful story... This story flowed and captured me in a way no other erotica has ever done. Well done and Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Masterpiece

This a truly beautifull story, I got tears in my eyes when I read the last page. This is one of best I have read in a very long time. You have an incredible talent. A true master!

Best regards,

Odin

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
WOW!

A GREAT story. I cried!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
samloving2000@yahoo.co.in

well,all i can tell about this story is that i learned a lot form it.i learned that TIME waits for no body and we cannot have a control over time.Time is the only factor which cahnges us all.the only factor which time cannot change is TRUE LOVE.this story didnt bring tears in my eyes.it brought tears in my heart.love you all fellows-SAM.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Touching

This story is so poignant i think everyone that reads it, really feels moved in such a great way that it touches everyones heart. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
What a wonderful surprise!

Dear Ronde,

I came to Literotica tonight in search of a fantasy to relieve the stress of the day, to find fuel for my imagination to consume, and instead, found this wonderful story. I would never have believed it if anyone had told me that I would be moved to tears this evening by the reading an erotic story, but indeed sir I have been. Everything about this story was absolutley PERFECT!

All I can say in closing is thank you and I am truely looking forward to reading more of your work!

Thanks Again,

Mike in Iowa

Softly WhispersSoftly Whispersover 19 years ago
One of my all time favourites on this site

I've re-read it a few times and really do love it, your characters live and the story is compelling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
phew!!!

was really moved.really touching.came to jerk off...going back crying!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
A Diamond

I have been whiling away a hot afternoon by browing through the site, and came upon this Diamond amongst the Rough (with respect to other stories and writers). This is true Erotica. Well done, and keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
As was said in the movie Ghost, "Ditto!"

Loving Sex or Sexy Love, the only way to go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Wonderful story

Your story was wonderful, amazing how a little bit of love and understanding can go so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
what a love story

Iam moved to reply for the first time to any literature I have read. This must rate as a true work of art amongst the greatest ever written.Eric Stone Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
THE BEST

Very touching story. It put a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Wonderfully touching

This is the most touching story of love and friendship I have read in a long time. I almost broke in tears as I finished it.

It reads real, sexy and compassionate, and it does not feel short at all even though it is. A masterpiece!

lovinghublovinghubover 19 years ago
Wonderfully touching yet sexy

This is the most touching story of love and friendship I have read in a long time. I almost broke in tears as I finished it.

It reads real, sexy and compassionate, and it does not feel short at all even though it is. A masterpiece!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
thanks

An engaging story, at once touching and erotic, very soul-satisfying. Thanks once again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
so touched

thank you for such a lovely story....like the rest..i nearly was in tears at the end...wonderful story.

PyroPyroabout 19 years ago
This is, by far, the best piece of writing on Lit!

Even after reading this for about the 20th time in the past four years, it is still one of the best pieces of writing I've had the privilege to admire.

I am hoping that you continue writing these wonderfully wistful, inspiringly sad but highly charged stories.

Reynorx28Reynorx28about 19 years ago
A Sensual Sip of Wine, A Very Moving Piece!

Kudos Ronde! This is by far one of the most touching and beautiful shorts I've ever read. It was very sexy and sublimnaly sensuel, worth revisits assuradely! In short loved the piece and I did not only gain a wellspring of good feelings, but as well gained some serious insight into the field of Erotica.

With Great Hopes and Good Feelings,

Reynorx28

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
By page 5, I was wondering where's the sex

Thanks! I printed it out and sat down with the intention of pleasuring my self! By page 5, I was wondering where's the sex, but I could not stop reading! By the end, I had tears in my eyes! Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Wine in hevan

Great ,great story.It nearly brought a tear to my eyes.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Beauty Art

True Art

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Such a beautiful story..

I am over seventy years of age, and a widow, so this story meant a lot to me. It was SO sweet just like a fairy tale. I have grown tired of the stories containing rough, selfish & inconsiderate lust & sex. Why am I reading this stuff at my age? Well I'm just old, not dead! Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
What a beautiful story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is truly a wonderful story. I was crying most of the way thur it. What talent you have for writing. Love to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
You are very talented

You are a gifted writer and if you are not already out there writing professionally, I encourage you to do so. This was one of the best stories I've read on Literotica and it is now my favorite. This story has universal appeal. You should expand this into a full length novel.

Good luck on all your future writing.

Bzoomer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Wow!

Simply awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you for such a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Amazing

It was one of the most wonderful story. No one could have written it better.Just great I will love to read it again and again.erkazmi@yahoo.com

SpykkeSpykkealmost 19 years ago
Utter pleasure...

to read. Bravo!

kydreamrkydreamralmost 19 years ago
I've always loved Laura's story

I first read it about three years ago and I reread it at least once a month. Honestly it's brought me to tears each time I read it.

Thank you Ronde, thank you ever so much for this wonderful story!

Kydreamer

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
What a suprise

Honestly, I came to literotica to find a quick story about getting with an older woman just so I could get my rocks off.

I am so glad I came across this beautiful story. I printed it out so my wife could read it, and just seeing bits and pieces of it as I pasted it into Word cause some emotions to flow.

Once again, thank you for this story. I just read it for the first time and find myself driving home thinking about how I want to strive to experience more beautiful things in my life.

Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Man you touched a bunch of nerves

Someone had a comment posted in Public Feedback (I find a lot of good stories to read that way). "Laura's Vineyard" is one of the truly great ones. You are obviously a master of the craft. I am going to make it a point to read the rest of your works. THANK YOU! Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
AWESOME story!

Your beautiful story brought back a flood of wonderful memories to this gruff old goat!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
wow

This is the only story on this website that brought tears to my eyes. Wow. Just wow. A thousand Bravo's and many cudo's to you and your wonderful, heart-touching story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Love Romance Story At Its Finest - 5 of 5 Stars

It was one of the most wonderful stories I ever read.

No one could have written it better. Just great I will love to read it again and again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Publish this

You should publish this...send it to the Literary Editor of the New York Times Book Review...do something...get this published!!

An incredible story..shows how love and sex are intimately bound together in the wonderful story of LIFE !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
woa

absolutely fabulous

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Well Beyond Erotic

What a touching tale, I have read many stories at this site, but none have moved me as this one. What class......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A teary eyed reader

Your writing skill is phenomenal. I am so grateful for the privelege to enter into your tale of life, to experience the emotions this beautiful story engendered within my chest and feel the beauty of human relationships as ypu tell them. Keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Amazing!

I don't usually get tears in my eyes but this story was something else. You are a fantastic writer, not only was this erotic it was warm and caring, I actually was swept into the story whole heartedly. Absolutely amazing, I loved it!

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
tears

Very, very, very nice story. Brought tears to my eyes. Thanks "C"

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
awsome!!!!!!!

Yes!!!! A great storey , the best i have read on this site, it,s romantic,loving,a real tear jerker, i had to fight back the tears on this one, So good!!! .

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow, well done!

A delightful read. Real life, real people, real emotion. There really are some true gems to be found on Literotica and this is definitely one of them.

All I can say is thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Encore, Encore...

Bravo!!! This story was excellent. The tapestry of this story was so well woven, as to cause the sexual relations to be incidental to the whole of the story. I found it reminiscent of the " Summer Of '42". Thank you for the journey back into time.

backonthestreetbackonthestreetover 18 years ago
like a fine wine

Tears in my wine! Ya just gotta love a story thats done well enough to make you cry1 Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Brilliant

The story was one of the best i have read on Literotica and i am truly glad i found it. BRILLIANT

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Superb

Now thats what an erotic story should be. This should be the model which others are judged by. It was a real pleasure to read

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Two words describe this submission......

Absolutely beautiful.

Well done.

David H.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful

Came to get off, got a wonderful piece of literature instead. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I'd read this before

and saw a comment so I read it again. This is an absolutely beautiful story! It's well written and so easy to read you are at the end before you know it!

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great Story

I have read many many stories on this internet page but,

never one that touched as strongly as this one did

Good job

Thank you soo much.

Dick

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What can I say . .

that hasn't already been said. Bravo. Well-written, well-thought, great story.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Best~

Thank you for writing a beautiful and touching story. It had the ring of truth about it and made the sensual moments feel so beautiful and human. Made me get up and get a glass of wine to read the story with. I am so grateful for the time and intelligence you poured into the story. Lucy

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Touching

I was moved by this story as most people who have come across this. Bravo!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What a tale

My soulmate and partner of twenty years died August 2004. The tenderness of your story brought back the richness of our lives together. Like a fine wine it will never age.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well done.

Erotica need not be about nothing but sex, and you got this.

Excellent piece of work. I enjoyed it.

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
I really don't know what to say

I don't know how to react to this story. It touched me very deeply and I am not ashamed to admit that I had to stop a time or two because my eyes had filled with tears. I also have lost someone very dear to me and the author's amazingly descriptive words and phrases brought back many memories. I believe that Ronde must love deeply and the object of that love must be a very lucky person. My sincere thanks to the author for a story that will be with me for a very long time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Quite simply, the best

I can't think of another story in this archive that even comes close to the majesty of this one. Please don't forsake your talent as a writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A Tribute To An Awesome Woman

As many readers have replied a truly awesome story. It shows the metal of human kind of a lost era and one that should be recaptured at all cost. I have never experienced the lasting fondness of a woman as this story brings to life and envy the man. The later marriage and tribute to Laura & Charlie is another lost feeling that needs to be brought back to this world. My best wishes to Ronde on future works but he will have his work cut out to top this wonderful and awesome story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
This is the best

Ronde,

I have read this story perhaps five times now and it still gets to me. You have captured a time or should I say times so well. A story of lives well lived is very very hard to turn down. This really is the best story on this site and probably one of the very best on any site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I should be so lucky...

...to have the love you were bathed in with Laura, and with Wendy, too. What an extraordinary story, written so well. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A joyous return

I have been a regular reader of Literotica for several years. I first read Laura's Vineyard as a new reader. I return to read it again and again and am still affected by the sensitivity with which you have painted the characters and their relationship. It never fails to bring tears to this man's eyes. Without doubt, this is my all-time favorite story on the Literotica website.

David48David48about 18 years ago
My own time

If a man (or woman for that matter) is lucky enough to have had their own 'Summer of 42', then they know well enough the joyous, loving time that was theirs. My own was in '66. She wasn't as old as your Laura, but was like her in that she carried so much sadness. Early in that year, as she eventually told me, her husband had took off without a word, and had not called or written. She was alone and had no family except 1500 miles away in Oregon. I was eighteen then, just graduated, and looking to make a few bucks mowing lawns around my neighborhood. After meeting her, nature kicked in, and my life changed forever. She taught me how to satisfy a woman in every way, and our short time together has made for a lifetime of sweet memories. She was gone that fall. No goodbye, no word at all. Back out west with her folks I figured. I think about her often. Hopefully, your story was as real as that. If not, it was still very nice.

WildcrowWildcrowabout 18 years ago
Set Apart

Anything I might write in praise would be superfulous. Just let me say you are 'a writer set apart' and I appreciate that.

Regards, LGL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
make the world a better place...

You are making the world a better place with writing like this.

Loving Kindness,

George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Beautiful Romanctic Story

Call me an old fashioned romantic, but I cried. It was just so beautiful and touched me on a number of levels. I think if you expanded this into a full-length novel, it would be a best seller along the lines of Bridges of Madison County, the Notebook and others in this genre.

Really, a wonderfully moving and artistic story that should be exposed to a wider audience. Please think about it.

Call me - Old Time Romantic

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
This one is the best

I have read this story many times over the years, and it always affects me like no other. I think that without a doubt this is the very best story on this site. I truely wish you would return to write some more stories. What a gift this one is.

IslandsIslandsalmost 18 years ago
Moving Story

I loved this story - moved me to tears. Thank you.

GaCowboyGaCowboyalmost 18 years ago
Outstanding!

This is the first of your submissions I have read.

It has made me want to read more by you.

Thankyou for such a moving piece of writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Excellent

Many thanks for that beautiful story Ronde. I laughed, and cried a little, which I seldom do. You do have a great storytelling talent, so please shre it with us again and again. Best Wishes, John

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
2384 Followers
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...