All Comments on 'A Promising Acting Career'

by Badwolf123

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
txcoatl1970txcoatl1970almost 13 years ago
Good twist!

Nothing like a good whammo ending to a tale.

Dean and Amanda are an intriguing pair of grifters.

Cracking good story. More, please!

ohioohioalmost 13 years ago
Quite a nice tale.

It held my interest intensely and the twist near the end was a complete surprise to me.

Well done!

Thanks, ohio

Mousse9Mousse9almost 13 years ago

D'oh! What a surprise ending. They're all lowlifes! Hah! Good one.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 13 years ago
An excellent argument for paying....

....a living wage!(She's getting 11.20$ an hour U.S.) My only caveat is that the author did not deal with (and no one ever does here) the fact that extortion is a more serious crime than solicitation, especially in Merry land.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
The characters

Both are pieces of shit just like the writer, post this shit elsewhere.

Badwolf123Badwolf123almost 13 years agoAuthor
Dear Anonymous

It's a STORY!

I don't mind if you don't like my stuff - but do me a favour and tell me why. Was it bad writing? Was it just a poor storyline? Crap characterisation? Tell me! I want to improve so feedback (positive and negative) is important.

If you aren't prepared to back up your comments, then it's not me that's the sh...

Bw

(I know you'll never come back to read this, but it made me feel better!)

melsdadmelsdadalmost 13 years ago
Great story, it was different

I really enjoyed your story, it flowed and was so convincing, with a twist at the end I wasn't expecting.

I found myself confused when the husband appeared, until I saw where it had been and what it really was. Very clever.

The world is full of critics, never let them get to you, you'll notice they themselves have nothing to offer.

Anyone can tear something down, all the work, all the effort, is in the creation and construction.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 13 years ago
ok

Yes, we get it. Her "method" was on display as she pretended she was a heretofore faithful wife about to go to extremes to pay the bills. Still falls flat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Good writing etc.

But it's a cheap trick. If the 'thoughts' of a character are taking us in one direction, it then doesn't make sense that those 'thoughts' are not real. If you get me...

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 13 years ago
Whats not to like. I'd like Ch. 2

Bw,

As always shit comes from anonymous assholes.

Go for Ch. 2. Dean might not get 1,500, but together they could get? Cheap thrill or not it's a jungle out there. You get your Obamma dollars yet?

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Good story.

I liked the story...only one minor quibble..characters lacked oomph..for instance, if the wife had been in any type of tv or theatrical show, then her fall from grace, etc, would have been that much more dramatic and fun to read. In my opinion, this type of story needs a dramatic descent. Nonetheless, I enjoyed this story. The realism probably mitigates my minor quibble. Thank you badwolf.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I hate all of the characters and glad I don't know any of them. Well done BW thanks for writing and keep doing so.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 13 years ago
Good story

When reading it I thought itg a bit of a let down, you not going through the sex scene in some detail. I was muttering cop out, even if I myself am not so good at writing that sort of thing. Of course at the end, it was clearer that she was not reluctantly having sex as we expected, she could act, or actually enjoy it, and that would queer the ending. Still, it might have been effective to see it through the headmaster's eyes.

Anyway, as written very good.

Chilley

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Crap

Husband pimping out his wife and then blackmailing the non-suspecting men. What a great class of people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Judas

buggered by a fat cock, the cock smoked is meaty, betrayed!

Badwolf123Badwolf123about 12 years agoAuthor
To BetrayedByLove and Anon

When you say "Crap" are you referring to the plot, the quality of my writing, my chatacterisation - or just the fact that there are nasty, low life people in the world? If it's one of the first three, then tell me more. If it's the last - then yes, nasty low life criminals exist and are in most episodes of CSI or any other cop show!

As for Anon's comment - I think I must be a thick Brit. I know what all those words mean but not necessarily in that order.

But to both of you, thanks for taking the time to comment!

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
Interesting Twist;The Story Was Compelling

But probably won't appeal to everyone because of the conclusion.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
I hate wiling cuckolds BUT...

In the past I have had a few friends who were married to prostitutes, that is different to me. If you are making a living it is not the same (to me) than a man who "gets off" when his wife or GF is screwed by another man. Whether there is any real difference is problematical but that is the way that I see it. Thank you for writing this good story.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Ouch he is not a Cuck so much

As a pimp in the blackmail scheme -

Painful story - she sells, he gets rich ad assholes pay the bills no innocents surely but sheesh what a system -

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Good writer,

but I don't like cuck stories. I won't rate it because that would lower your score. I hope you have a non-cuck story in here somewhere.

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago

I enjoyed the story. I like stories with a twist and this one had a twist. I don't think the husband was a wimp or cuck, he (and she) were only low-life blackmailers. Yes, she was a good actress but so are most con-artists. I would have liked to see them get some type of payback for their dishonesty but you are the writer. Thanks for the story.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 8 years ago
what a fantastic twist. Genuine 5* read.

An amoral couple play with other amoral people?

Just an aside, what happens when they meet someone who says: "OK, then. Publish it!"?

That'd be an interesting follow up.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Interesting!

Had me fooled!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Cheap Twist?

After reading some of the other comments, and went back and saw lines like this:

"and Dean would never have to know," and "I'm so sorry Dean."

That tells us that Dean DOESN'T know, and she doesn't want him to know. But that's not true; she knows that Dean knows, so the twist is a cheap trick.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 6 years ago
A lot of this is her thoughts so it doesn't make sense

I know it's just a fun little story, but still. If she was SAYING certain things, it would make sense. But it's her internal thoughts through the story so the twist makes no sense really. Was she method-thinking??

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

dumb cuck shit.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Interesting twist

Interesting twist, well written, but unlikable characters ruin it for.me.

andyinozandyinozabout 5 years ago
What a pair these two make !!

Did not see that coming.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous