All Comments on 'Simply Waiting'

by Marguerite01

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
BBW FanBBW Fanover 12 years ago

OMG! This is wonderful! I'm serious. It's like art gallery quality. And I know this might be a strange part to comment on, but I love the feet. You did an excellent job with the feet which I know was no easy task. "Simply Waiting" is simply wonderful!

papadoc19papadoc19over 12 years ago

It is a stunning piece of work...you should be very proud.

Scaramouche123Scaramouche123over 12 years ago
Gravitas and Gravity

Well done!

The solemn, reflective posture of the subject is enhanced by the depiction of weight pressing down under the buttocks and the right hand. The raised and pointed right shoulder lends authenticity to the piece.

Now I want to know the subject's story.

livingforfunlivingforfunover 12 years ago
Well done

I agree with BBW both the hands and feet are very well done and not trivial. I wonder was this a model, or photo, or just made from some sketches? Because I don't see how you could have such a wrinkled sheet in the background, from the angle its painted the sheet would have to be hanging but then how could it be wrinkled like that?

Make sure to keep posting your work its good you don't need to be shy about it.

Marguerite01Marguerite01over 12 years agoAuthor
artist comments

Thank-you so much for the positive feedback, all of you. I will post some more today. The story behind this is what you would like it to be, I think in Art meaning should be esoteric and exoteric at the same time- although some will disagree I'm sure. The sheet is both draped and wrinkled because one sheet is pinned to the wall and the other tucked around the mattress. I choose this kind of background to provide contrast for the skin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Absolutely no need to be shy about your work...

You are a fantastic artist!!

Franglais71Franglais71over 12 years ago
Very nice

Lovely painting Marguerite, no need to be shy about your work!

bluubribluubriover 12 years ago
Shy

Why shy, you are a fine erotic artist....gorgeous and wanting.

SnowboardPeopleSnowboardPeopleover 12 years ago

I love this work..It is beautifully constructed. Very nice and no need to be shy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
painting

the body lines and proportions are excellent, as is the rendering on the fabric in the background. all in all an excellent job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great

love this painting very much,this woman is really waiting...look at her face,her posture.love the colours...please don't be shy and show us more of your work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wonderful

It's a lovely work. Keep painting and show us more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Keep painting. Your work is very promising.

All the bes

Fred

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
beautiful

Its a painting that would have me staring at it for a while - ruffles in the silk. I paint but i am in awe of this. I really love this painting - would have it on my wall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
value

The changes in value from the top of the model's shoulders downward to her buttocks are excellent. I like this one a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Very nice work

She is very realistically proportioned, and I see you were attentive to the shadows--on her feet, her hands, her derriere. Alas, the painting leaves me wanting... wanting to see her front side.

Very good painting, I look forward for more beautiful pictures from you. - Patiently, Robert

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Appreciated it

Just excellent work. Your subject just needs to turn around and let us see her maginificeant front view.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

great work keep it up,love it.

noregrettznoregrettzover 12 years ago
good work Marguerite!

good hands and feet are the true testament to a real artist! good shat!

guyman422guyman422over 12 years ago
Good job

I think you captured a sensual moment for the viewer!

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent....

All of your work truly shines. You don't rely upon being overly "sexual" to create a sensual erotic piece of art. Your use of color demonstrates your ability to manipulate light sources very well. The fact you don't rely upon "black" paint in order to "shade" your subject, illustrates that point further. I truly hope you submit your work to more websites and actual real art exhibits and galleries. You could make a pretty penny for your work. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

The back is underrated as an erogenous zone. Very sexy.

sensualwrtrsensualwrtrover 12 years ago
Very well done "-)

As a former artist myself, you captured the girls gesture and I got a sense of her sexuality... :-)

KaramazovKaramazovover 12 years ago
Tastefully done!

I love this painting. The naturalness of the pose strikes me first because the body language is truthful. The subject has a comely body of course, but the position of the hands, legs, elbows and the slight twist of the torso brings her to life. She seems to bear her weight correctly on her hands and elbows which is no easy feat for an artist.

The ass is captured nicely with shadowing and the gradations of hair color are extremely well done, I think. The sole thing I dislike is the backdrop on which the subject sits, which looks too much like a studio setting, which it probably is. I would prefer to see a nice bed sheet, duvet or something which might imply she is getting ready for some fun activity as long as she's naked.

In terms of erotic art, there is suggestion within her slightly reclined pose to hint at laying back for her lover or maybe for herself. Who knows? I do appreciate the possibilities which might be imagined, and that is what good art should do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
nice pic

shows real talent

jimburr35jimburr35over 12 years ago
Sensual

The detail and realistic coloring as well as the pure sensuality makes this illustration literally "grab" me. It is one of the most pleasing images I have seen in a long time. A certain level of innocence and vulnerability also comes to the surface. It leaves me with a very positive feeling.

sailsouthsailsouthover 12 years ago
enticing

Yes, I agree that the back is underrated as an erogenous zone. The painting captures such a moment of anticipation and possibility.

oldwayneoldwayneover 12 years ago
Beautiful....

Just beautiful.

cliper2cliper2over 12 years ago
Emotional

I love the emotion clear in this work. It is beautiful, engaging.

prop69prop69over 12 years ago
Erotic

Do not be shy. This painting is excellent. It makes me want to gently touch the person to look into their eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Truly Sensual

I love this work.It says so very much.Beautiful painting,stands head and shoulders above most others.Thank you for sharing it with us !

PinupgirlLvrPinupgirlLvrover 12 years ago
Very nice!

Admittedly I have no art training but this is amazing work. I may not be an artist but I can appreciate good art that is well done. I know what I like. You have skills! I hope you continue. Thanks for sharing your talents with us

BBW FanBBW Fanover 12 years ago

This is probably the most popular of all artwork on this site so far. I can't believe that you were never able to sell it. We all love your work Marguerite and hope to see more soon.

Luna_Wolf72Luna_Wolf72over 12 years ago
Beautiful

I wish I could do what you do. All I have are words. This is gorgeous and evocative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
No Reason 2B shEYE!

You have a gift ... keep on developing it. Your work here is sensuous and erotic while still being completely CLASSY! And CLASSIC! There are too many people who think they are GREAT at their ART ... be it music, painting, singing, etc. [Watch the auditions for American Idol, or the dance shows, etc., etc., etc.--where are these people's family and friends to tell them the TRUTH!]

And please don't think I see the value of what these less talented people are doing. I truly believe every single person needs to pursue whatever artistic endeavor they prefer to do ... because IMO ...Art is first and foremost for the individual to express themselves. My "ex" couldn't sing a note to save their life ... but I always encouraged them to sing ... and sing out loud ... while she was around me ... She loved to sing and she loved music and song, so it was essential that she enjoy her art.

Still, I didn't lie to her and tell her she should try out for the local musical theater or become an American Idol. The honesty was understood between us, and she loved me for helping her feel secure in expressing herself via music and song! And early on in our relationship, she became real comfortable singing around me and with me ... I also love to sing! And she got better at "her art of singing" because she learned tools and exercised them! Each of us owes this creative development to ourselves!

What I'm hoping to share with you is that so much of a less talented "individual's art" may not be well enough executed for you and me to enjoy. Still, their art is something they might "experience" or "see" to the CORE, while those of us outside of this person's "Art" will not see the CORE at all.

Which is why gifted ARTISTS, like YOURSELF, are so necessary and appreciated, because your gift is able to arise and arrive above many of our lower "plateaus of talent", so that many if not most people see, feel, and can relate or react to what you're work is about!

Thank you for being BRAVE enough to get past your timidity and SHARE YOUR WORK ... KEEP IT UP! YOU HAVE A GIFT! dcb

geronimo_applebygeronimo_applebyover 12 years ago
jesus kee-rist ...

this is pretty damn fine. i'm a fan. :)

abby4u2abby4u2over 12 years ago
wow

you are amazing....look at the creases in her elbows and the intricacies of her fingers...just exquisite--this is my favorite one.

Marguerite01Marguerite01over 12 years agoAuthor
Artist's comment.

Thank-you to all of you who took the time to look at my paintings and post comments. I've been very touched and it has been so interesting to see what people think and feel about my work, I've been inspired to do more. I'll be posting one more soon and then it will be a while again before you see more as my day job is kind of taking over at the moment.

I really do appreciate all the wonderfully positive feedback. Thank-you.

MrStaggerLeeMrStaggerLeeover 12 years ago
Post with confidence!

You are very talented, this is some of the best art I've seen on Lit. Thanks for sharing.

docken69docken69over 12 years ago
Great Work!

Looking through all of your paintings I like this one the best. The curve of her back, the detail of her elbows and feet, and the colors are all very well done. Definitely a piece of art that I'd hang in my living room prominently.

paladinoutriderpaladinoutriderover 12 years ago
Well done!

Your work presents itself as a painting ofthe image you have, and not as a painting trying to be a photograph. Very well executed

DarkSimianDarkSimianover 12 years ago

if this is a self portrait, I'd love to see more......beautiful work from a beautiful and talented woman :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Love the lighting so moody

You hit a home run!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sensual

You should not be hiding your work as it is very sensual.I can almost want to walk up behind her and run my hands down her back. Thank you Angel

snowpaintersnowpainterabout 12 years ago
Very nice presentation

I like your work. You show a sensual pose with good modeling of the body. You may want to work on your colouring a little, but that often comes with time. You have the anatomy correst and that is mst important. I look forward to seeing your complete self portrait and don't be shy.

Mature_ExploreMature_Exploreabout 12 years ago
Gifted

You have captured the essence of that blissful anticipation!

fathom7fathom7about 12 years ago
You Lady Are Talented

I am not a big on acrylic as some but the way you have used the textures through color is truly a demonstration of talent. I love the position and the hint of shyness that comes through that positioning.

Spirited_womanSpirited_womanabout 12 years ago
Beautiful...

So much detail Marguerite - a talent that I sincerely wish that I shared. Fortunately though, that doesn't stop me from enjoying it! :-)

imreprobateimreprobateabout 12 years ago
Very Good...

I like this a lot. Colors work and it has balance. As an artist myself, I appreciate good work and this definitely is that. Thank you for sharing this!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Very nice. Don't stop.

I liked it very much. The composition was very good although just a bit routine. The textures of the painting were excellent as is the sole of the foot. The woman's back could use a bit more definition or something, it looks ever so slightly off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Follow your passion

You have the raw talent to do it.

william231william231almost 12 years ago
exqusite

you have great talent...MORE>>>MORE

ConnoisseurManConnoisseurManalmost 12 years ago
Good color!

Love the colors, especially on the back which is in shadow...Nice work Marguerite, let's see more!

luv2tasteluv2tastealmost 12 years ago
Very, Very Nice,

I like your use of colors and contrast. The mood is sensual. Love your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Interesting work

I visit Laguna Art Galleries weekly always looking for a picture that captures the perfect moment or a scene that speaks volumes. I have a blank space on one of my walls and am still looking for the perfect picture. Yours comes very close. My wife who was small looked like this when we were younger. Thanks for the memories.

Tom

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow!

I really love this! It's beautiful, emotional, and well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Color and curves...

The back view lovely, with expressive colors and curves

CinnerCinnerover 11 years ago
Outstanding

You have no reason to be shy. This is outstanding work!

CinnerCinnerover 11 years ago
Recommendation

Literotica does not seem to list the work of the illustrators so Throbbs has found a way to do this by favouriting all of his work. I'd like to see more of your work and would appreciate a list somewhere. I am looking in the 'similar stories' column, but I know from my own work that not everything shows up there, so perhaps you could create the list for those of us who are interested.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
very good, you are not an amateur

Excellent. The hands and feet are in perfect porportion. There is a lot of color expression. Very good.

PetorianPetorianabout 11 years ago
You're Very Talented.

I'd say "museum quality work", but most museums will take any crap off the street these days. No. You're beyond that; you're Louvre quality. Art such as yours should by rights be viewed alongside the Mona Lisa. Were he alive, Leanardo Da Vinci himself would praise you. I'd feel a fool if I didn't at least ask. . .do you sell copies? Call me an prospective customer. Message me if you want your art to be more than a mere hobby; message me if you want it to be your profession.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
great use of color

I love the colors on her upper back and upper arms. The detail of the foot is wonderful too. Please keep painting!

im_going_im_goingim_going_im_goingabout 11 years ago
Love it!

It's great, one of the best I've seen on here!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
and then . . .

The fingers on the left hand do seem a small bit longer than the forward position of the arm would indicate. and That is the only flaw that jumped to my overly critical eye. I hope you will move on to more detailed facial composition. Please do not shy away from challenging yourself - it seems obvious to me that you can do it if you give yourself proper time and opportunity.

LWulfLWulfover 10 years ago
critique

The composition seems a bit rushed, though that might be simply your style. I see this was done in '08 but posted here in '11, have you done more since '11?

I would have to agree with Anon that the proportion of the left hand seems a touch off, though I think that is because the fingers seem larger than the hand they are attached to.

The elbow bend of the left arm would seem to indicate the upper arm was inverted - bent away from the viewer (bent in similar fashion as the right elbow), though shading seems to indicate the arm is bent TOWARDS the viewer and somewhat foreshortened.

I am slightly surprised that the recess of the spine isn't more noticeable on a person of such slight build. However, obviously, that may just be the model's natural "build."

Your use of color and shadowing is superb, for the style you use. The suggested detail of hands and feet are really quite good, and receives high marks from me (I suck at doing those so I am suitably impressed when I see someone who does it and does it well (again, while the proportion is, arguably, slightly off, the color, shadowing and hinting of detail used is par excellent)).

All in all, a rather good expression of a woman in contemplation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good

Very nice. I like the mood it creates.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks.

Thanks for sharing. Judging a painting in this format is very difficult. And I am not a painter. BUT it looks to me as if you are going in the right direction. Keep painting.

And thanks again for sharing.

Bluejacket01

spankfunforspankfunforover 10 years ago
I loved the imagination it gave me!

The woman is beautifully painted. She did seem shy! Perhaps more of you then you realize?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great job

Almost lifelike with the details

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
beautiful

You shouldn't be shy about your work. All your paintings are beautiful. They look so real you could almost touch them.

srgeeksrgeekabout 10 years ago
Potential additional views of a lovely woman

In my mind's eye I see four paintings on a wall, a hallway maybe where the usual or initial traffic flow is from left to right. As the viewer approaches he/she can see all of them, but is forced to consider them individually.

From left to right they are

::: "Simply Waiting" {nothing further needed}

::: "Surprise" {like "Simply Waiting" but looking over her left shoulder, supported on her left arm and hand, with a "Surprised Expression"}

::: "Smile" {In "Smile" she is looking over her right shoulder, supported on her right arm and hand and wearing a "Smile"}

::: "Happy" {In "Happy" she is back to leaning on and looking over her left shoulder wearing a happy face. Note that a happy face can be with or without a smile.}

There could be a fifth painting that would look very much like "Simply Waiting" but be different in subtle way(s).

Thank you for posting "Simply Waiting".

== srgeek ==

WatcherRobWatcherRobalmost 10 years ago
Gorgeous

This work would be beautiful as a painting, in pencil or as a photo. You've captured emotion and mood. WOW! I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No Need to be Shy

Your art is amazing! You should not be shy about it at all. Would love to see more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Give me more..I want it.

Congratulations

shutterpsbshutterpsbabout 9 years ago

You're skilled and I like the mood of this work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wonderful work

I love the way you light your subject and how your treatment of the fabric around her shows weight and substance. I am caught up in pose knowing that she is pensively pondering something either recently past or for which she is patiently waiting. My very first thought on seeing this was "What is she thinking?". I don't think I could pass this scene by without wanting to meet her and discover her thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Brief

I think that your color, form and composition is very good. The shy attitude is good also.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I like

A LOT !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very nicely done!

I think it is beautifully done.

MASHKAVEEZOMASHKAVEEZOabout 6 years ago
One of the best

I love your work. Don't be shy. Your art features your talent.

It makes me ask, "Who is the person who creates such artwork?" Your work makes me so cureous about you as a person. How could you ever be shy about such beautiful work?

Oh, well, I am rambling. Please keep it up. DON'T STOP!

MKotyk24MKotyk24over 3 years ago
Wow

Really realistic

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous