All Comments on 'Revenge of the Nerd Ch. 76'

by rpsuch

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Ouch!

Come on! How is she going to believe those two twerps???

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyover 12 years ago
This chapter doesn't fly

Ashley knows her family is manipulative and her father was out to break them up from the start. Why would she fall for this line of bullshit????

I understand RPS is trying to create some tension but the last two chapters are stretching too far.

netviper21netviper21over 12 years ago
Another page...

another slow Molasses turn. I guess waiting for a year to read a new novel has an author thinking to turn out a page a day. Really?

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Yeah, me too

This is so obvious a ploy that I can't believe that Ashley would fall for it coming from two of the most devious people she knows. So, you have lowered your standards by inserting this event and the characters reactions into the story. It is not that I am surprised at Sabrina and evil dad, but having Ashley buy it hook line and lie is way too much.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 12 years ago
You totally Screwed it Up With this one.

You could have added some conflict by another method. You are getting too interested in making Ashley like she was pre Jeff. If she had changed like your prior installments outlined she would have never believed Sabrina and her Father at this meal. Perhaps a better response for her that would have added the proper conflict would be for her to immediately go on the offensive against her Family for using this ploy. I remain slightly interested in this much too long, slow moving story but you are rapidly losing my interest. Of course I personally find much of the story implausable. Ashley, the rich bitch, probably would have never changed for Jeff because she is a shallow unthinking bitch the way you have portrayed her. You have your work cut out for you now healing this rift and "nailing" her Father. If she believed Jeff (and according to your past installments she did and does) how could she possibly have bought off on this last attempt when Jeff has been warning her repeatedly that there was a plot afoot?

hopkinscmhopkinscmover 12 years ago
Agreed

How she could possibly think her family is telling the truth is unbelievable. In fact it seems like the more 'better' the person she becomes the more naive she becomes. Spending all her time around Jeff is making het stupid. Let Jeff know I'm available and would treat him right!

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 12 years ago
Why

Problem is: Why would she believe her father and cousin instead of Jeff? Where is the proof? She is suppose to be an intelligent person, certainly you have characterized her as having grown out of her adolescent selfishness, yet here you make her out to be the village idiot. Anyway if this is the storyline you are pursuing then to make sense of it jEff needs to decide he is better off not getting married if that is the level of trust she has in him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Yep, It is an obvious ploy

So let's stay calm. Jeff and Ashley aren't stupid.... And neither is rpsuch

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What they said ^

This is a bit out of sync with the rest of the story

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 12 years ago
Anon., Perhaps

Perhaps you are right, and I am not giving Jeff, Ashley, or rp enough credit....perhaps there is more to this then meets the eye at this time....sure hope so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
76 Chapters = Ridiculous = SpamX!

76 Chapters [most 1/2 - 1 page] for this type of story is absolutely ludicrous! Take to the time to think, compose, and edit before you write such short chapters. Also make sure that the chapters actually make sense and flow fluidly from one to another. Please note this not case with this absurdly long series of write up. A PROFESSIONAL WRITER!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Finally!

The old man Fine finally got to Ashley's cousin. The old man knew the cousin wants him or anyone else that Ashley has or has had previously.Ashley isn't a stupid girl, she has to catch on very soon...... Hopefully. Ciao.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
re: 76 Chapters = Ridiculous = SpamX!

While I, for the most part, agree with your sentiment, there is this part of your comment.

<P>

Please note this not case with this absurdly long series of write up. A PROFESSIONAL WRITER!

<P>

Would you mind repeating that in English? Typos, such as if/of, are one thing. That is gibberish.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHERE HAS ALL THE LOVE GONE

LOOKS LIKE FERLIN HUSKY WAS RIGHT AND THE CLAN WILL MOVE ON AND AWAY, UNLESS JEFF CAN USE HIS ULTIMATE BRAIN POWER TO OVER COME/ TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I love the story and the length

Too many terrific stories create a wonderful cast of charachters, an involved engaging plot and then the author ends it abruptly. It like a premature _____ .... huge build up, intense feelings and its over before its time. I look foward to your next chapter. Ignore the complainers, they think a great time is McD's and a porno.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
LoL

I knew you had to throw a spanner in the works, but did it have to be this blatant and amateurish?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

WTF are you doing? turning Ashley back into the conceited self centered bitch at the start? She really has been turning back into what her family is like and she doesn't deserve Jeff!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
this is Just awful

TIME and time and time again ashely PROVES herself to be shallow stupid cunt.

what is the explanation adnd excuse going to be THIS time?

she never even Bothered to ask Jeff a single question.

ashley KNOWS her father is dead set against this marrige and so is her friend

Why the fuck would jeff event THINK of marrying her ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Gotcha!

Can't you all hear the author saying "you've fallen into my evil trap!"? Do you really think he would allow such stupidity from this pair?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
This is really dumb

Your story started off so well, but recently you tend to dwell on uninteresting trivia. Then, to make it "exciting" you introduce this nonsense.

bigguy323bigguy323over 12 years ago
The appropriate response to this ploy is hysterical laughter.

And, with tears running down her face from the big laugh, she should point out that she trusts Jeff far more than her controlling daddy or her slutty cousin.

This story is one for the ages.

It goes ON and ON and is presented in such short segments that it is tedious to read and not worthy of RPS efforts.

m_anyonem_anyoneover 12 years ago
Say What?

It is not very believable that Ashley could backslide so quickly. Those pre-wedding jitters must be getting to her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
ashley

how she could even begin to believe those two jerks...brain dead.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
tstl

This has degenerated into a low grade stock romance novel.

With a standard issue "Too Stupid To Live" female lead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
tiring

Perhaps it's the massive number of chapters... no.

It's how poorly you've set up Ashley to fail.

Yes, I get that you need conflict in a story, but this? Especially after all the other times she had had to acknowledge her pig headedness -Recently even!

You've essentially undermined the core of the conflict:trusting Jeff vs Anyone in the fine family. I'll read on, but I'm really disappointed.

J

winchesterfoxwinchesterfoxalmost 8 years ago
The thin veneer.

Possibly. Possibly. I have been rooting for the forces of good to overcome the forces of evil and up to this point with pretty good success. The magnitude of the marriage event and Ashley's early high speed reactive slip backs in which she reverts to her old self might, just might, signal, this is another of her reactive slip backs. It also shows and how thin yet is the new Ashley's adoption of her new family's way of thinking still is. Possibly. Maybe. But still disappointing.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 7 years ago
Too far fetched

A. Never believe father and Sabrina over Jeff. No matter how insecure

B. She would talk before accussing him and calling him an asshole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Huh?

Ashley is smart. Especially in personal relationships.

And she doesn't see the this set-up?

Doesn't fit in this story.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I agree

While the author has recently reinforced that Ashley can still be irrational and selfish at times, this little episode certainly doesn't for with the story. Unless of course she and Jeff are just playing her Dad by acting upset.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Twisted!

Although you've managed to end most chapters with a positive, I still gave this chapter 5 stars. Not because it ended horribly, but because you are a good writer. I am now curious as to what is going to happen. What actually took place? What is Jeff going to think about? When is clueless (Ashley) going to figure things out?

Again, good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
wtf?

I have read until here and whenever the mc is put on the spot he runs away. Will the other people go back for him yet again? Gary Stu is vey lame.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

like the line about the Boy Scout Motto, maybe changing it to "Wait and See" vs. Be Prepared. LOL

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous