All Comments on 'Gonna Sell The Bitch's Car'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
A MASSEUSE IN A ROCK n ROLL BAND

just a looking for no 1 nite stands. TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Always wondered what it was like to be a working class Rick and Roll star!

So far, so good . The author has quirky ,off hand but unforced way of telling his story. I kind of wanted a little fast food groupie grind story to keep me going till the featured attraction ( his future ex-wife) plays . Maybe next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Please, put Chap. 1 in the title

when it is multiple chapters..Many of us don't like to start a series until they are all posted.

Thanks, I liked it.

tom anon

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Good start

You have a nice, relaxed writing style with a good sense of humor thrown in. Looking forward to the next chapter.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Good so far

Always fun to read about the wild eyed southern boys. Will three steps be needed to get closer to the door? Will life turn out to be green grass and high tides? Will he sing I used to love her but it's all over now?

LNRAstroLNRAstroover 12 years ago
Good Start

I liked it. Anxiously awaiting more.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 12 years ago
Love your style

Thank you.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
5 stars

Good start. I generally give 5 stars or nothing.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
extremely well written and hilarious!

At times this story was more like a tonal poem in communicating the aura of a band playing in a bar. Extraordinarily well written with a self confidence in the writing style that was pure pleasure to read. Can't wait!

johnstang2johnstang2over 12 years ago
Very Good Start

Now where is the rest of the story?

zed0zed0over 12 years ago
Great Start

Looking forward to the next chapter.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Very nicely done

It read well, no glaring errors, and it a good set up piece.

Essentially, this was a mere introduction to all the characters with a foreshadowing of coming difficulties.

Thank you for writing.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Smooth Openers

Good narrative lined with interesting details and insights.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Just one

fucking page? And no chapter one disclaimer? Well, eff u dude, u're on your own here, I ain't comin' back 'cause u're rippin' me off here, fucker.

No vote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good start

Really good start, looking forward to future chapters. The bit about doing Mike first tonight was great.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
Well....

Great opening to a story. One of the best cliff-hanger endings I have ever seen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Marvelous Page One

My Anonymous cousin's vitriolic comments embarrass me. I apologize for all those Anonymouses out there who think longer and wider is always better. This is a great stand-alone/setup story, Dude. I'm gonna go read Ch 2 and expect to lmao, then check out your other stories. Keep 'em coming; you've got an easily enjoyable way with words.

FOF (Friendly Old Fart) who thought he'd seen everything, then moved to Texas. :-)

brujaybrujayover 12 years ago
Nice build up..........

Your story is building nicely. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Thank you and please keep writing!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
I'M MORE THAN A SINGER

in a rock-n-roll band. I'm a lover with a stranger fan. TK U MLJ LV NV

DragonSlayer_OKDragonSlayer_OKabout 12 years ago
Yeah...sell the damned thing.

Heard that song done by Big Mike Griffin some years ago in Texas. Loved it. Not a bad story either.

x_witless_xx_witless_xalmost 12 years ago
Well I'm a little stoned and after toying with the word 'idly' for about an hour

I continued to the end. And I fucking love it. and I know there's another 3 chapters at least and and and thanks..5*

user110user110over 11 years ago
i thought it was jimmy thackery

that sang "cool guitars (sell the bitch's car)"?

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 11 years ago
Once a bass player...

and a massage therapist I really identify with this tale.

Will told and well written, I enjoyed it. The memories it evoked were both steamy and comfortable. I married one of the waitresses...

Now on to chapter 02.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Idle hands .....

Chuckle - ROTFLMAO!!!!

Great intro.

Thx!

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Good start

Fun stuff - the massage is such a good ice breaker IF you know what you are doing - LOL

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
MUSTANG SALLY SHOULD HAVE KEPT

Her Pink Cadillac CAUSE Her Fiance is Gonna Take His Tang" Away. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
so many hints and teases

about what is to come.

garic372garic372almost 9 years ago
Looking forward...

Haven't read this series yet, but i do love the author. Looking forward to this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
comment at end

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a smooth start!

You've got style and I cannot wait to see where you take this - though I'm slightly worried that your story telling is going to break my heart right along with Wiley's :/

J

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Re-Reading

I know I've read this before, but I can't remember much, don't want to peek ahead!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
An exercise in inflating the ego of the delusional author - - if you brag you aren't...

...Chick magnet?? If you are bragging about it, you aren't. It's a rule I've never seen broken.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A really nice, humorous start into this tale ...

... I just love (A) how playful and fun the little scenes are told. For me, together with (B) a decent editing this just tips the scale, overall, to the better than average side.

Otherwise (C) the foreboding hints of darker things to come and (D) the narrator resp. hero's self aggrandizement (the inner voice endlessly talking about how he is doing just everything 'oh so carful' and perfect) would have been too much to enjoy.

Do not get me wrong, these are just my 2cents as a reader how I felt about this chapter 1. Never ever, could I do better in writing fiction. Therefore, I (1) do not try to, (2) do admire all those that do and (3) am grateful for every decent effort shared here for free. Even if most are somewhat rough and non-perfect (is that an English word? Not sure), overall, many of them are considerably more fun to read than it would be to watch an average mediocre TV show or film.

Thanks and best regards to qhml1

illwindillwindover 5 years ago

I don't think I've ever read a story that was only one page but still made me want to yell: "Get to the point already!" Between reading about what has to be one of the worst sets a of music I could imagine having to endure, to the vintage guitars, to him quoting the stats of high heels vs tennis shoes; I was beginning to wonder if the story was just going to be a journal of the most boring musician who ever lived.

No wonder 'the bitch' cheats; clearly his car is the only interesting thing about him.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Good story

Well, I enjoyed your little ditty. It did all needed to provide a short burst of entertainment.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Nice start

Nice start to the story, the hooks were nicely set.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
LOL!!

Foot massage is a wonderful foreplay!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

CRAP

Emanon0690Emanon0690almost 3 years ago

I was skeptical at first, glad I hung in there. 5 stars so far. Let's see how this thing turns out.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

You have to tell them to save the high heels for the bedroom.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Foot rubs and full body massages enticed a few women to me (as a start). Really good story, reminded me of my younger years. Thanks Q - 5 STARS ( third time through this tale).

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fun story!

Can you get me a late 50s left handed Strat, please? :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

good fast paced beginning w/ fun conversations. rk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fun!

Bill S.

linnearlinnearabout 1 year ago

Great opening, really looking forward to more.

newford9bnewford9b10 months ago

An excellent srart to hopefully a great story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nice start!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Oh this is good. Really good. I so wish I could have seen the band mates faces when he talked about "doing all of them including Mike" I nearly fell out of my chair laughing so hard. So looking forward to the rest of this series. Thanks BardnotBard

MidwestSouthernerMidwestSoutherner5 months ago

I agree with BardNotBard, laughed my ass off rocking back and forth in my chair clapping my hands. Priceless, and the mental image of that entire exchange made today already better.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The hook was hilarious with the conspiracy between the MC and the waitresses and Mike vs the band.

LegacybadLegacybad2 months ago

Its a good start, the whole bar part was fun. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Sammi and Sandy were both toxic bitches

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8941 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS