All Comments on 'Walter and Natalie Ch. 03'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 107 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Ambitious Story,Concepts and Problems Devolve 2 Simplistic Pablum Quick Fixes !

Firstly the author should get credit for addressing very tangible and real problems that I could relate to ! I had real empathy for this story as the problems were related skillfully in first installment of this serial . In the end ,however , it is my belief C2 did not cut deep enough to effect the miracle cures related at the end

Honestly there wasnt enough struggle for the dual leading conflicts portrayed. The The narrator was frustrated both vocationally and in his marriage . In both instances the author solved the narrator's real dilemmas. Bravo! My problem lies with the method or lack thereof.

There were 2 wives in the one woman . she was harsh , borderline-hysterical , demanding b__h in chapter one and the amenable , wide-eyed , docile spouse of chapters 2-3. There was MINIMAL transition given to the reader to denote the gradual change between the two. People do change but not a whole sea change that occoured in in one visit to the counsellor .

The woman went from spitting , yowling mountain lion to house tabby in the span of the week leading up to seeing the doctor. No way. She gave up her position of dominance after that visit with minimal struggle and did not back slide into her old ways even once. IMPOSSIBLE !

The same ' all too easy ' principle applies to the narrator quitting his job and getting his start-up enterprise into a cash cow in the short span of over a year. That can happen , no doubt, but very infrequently in today's economy. The story would again have been better served by mirroring the current battles that fledgeling businesses have in this day and age. Breaking even in the first few years is a success here and now.

Perhaps I'm judging too harshly. The issues here are very worthy and Coaster deserves credit for the part where the narrator has serious trepidations over the counsellor , thinking by her appearance that she's a femi-nazi but after a few sessions it turns out the woman is a worthy and even handed professional .

Coaster brings a impressive resume to this story as an author and I've read him multiple times with pleasure. That being said, to my eye, in this one series Coaster has missed the mark and fallen short of standards he has set in the past.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
I really like this coaster2

This is what marriage is about, love, life, kids and being a family. Not being married to some cheating slut that fucks everybody. If they in it together then it's not wrong, but when one of them decides to fuck of and expects the other to just go with the flow that's when the marriage get fucked up. Like most of the BS stories here. This one was a true gem, thank you C2

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
Rainbow in the sky

Aptly catergorized as loving wives. Excellent story with the writing pivotal in acutely presenting the problems and solutions of a marriage on the rocks without the usual derogatory fanfare and over the top drama. I like the realistic turn around of the husband and the wife's open honesty of her self. And I truly enjoyed the way the story ended. This is how any healthy relationship should be.

Bravo. Well done.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 12 years ago
Terrific, just terrific!

Some people might think this story is a little sappy but I can hardly tell you how much I enjoyed it. Not only was the story uplifting but the characters were extremely likable, something sorely missing from most of the stories that I read lately. Throw in the fact that it was concise without any dead-end characters and what you have is an absolute gem. Personally, I think this is your best work to date.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I wish

there were more "loving" wives stories like this series.

xtremeddxtremeddover 12 years ago
Spot on category. Defining problems/solutions in marriage is Loving Wives all the way.

-"Negative sells (used to sell newspapers too)now on internet home pages. Uplifting good news is ... somewhere off to the side. Comics used to be healthful but now politically correct garbage. Obit can be more positive?"-

c2,

"Good stuff found on Lit!" No surprise c2 wrote it. And I'm happier. What could be better than less conflict. Conflict resolved of course!

Thanks again for sharing on Lit.

x

greowulfgreowulfover 12 years ago
good read

Some will definitely give you crap about it being in the wrong category, but I thought it a fine read.

michaela_mcmichaela_mcover 12 years ago
Wondeful Read

This was a very believable story... truly fits what I would consider as a "Loving Wife"

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
LIked it

Nice read about two people who had drifted into separate lives under the same roof. You could have ruined the story by having some other man recognize his wife's submissive side, but you didn't go there. Every once in a while it is nice to read an upbeat, happy story where it all ends well.

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago

I don't want to be too negative in this, but what jumped out at me is this: The husband is to blame for the wife's attitude (according to the shrink). Why is it always the husband's fault? It seems like a variation of "If he cheats, it's his fault, if she cheats, it's his fault".

Other than that minor quibble, it's a nice story.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Very enjoyable story!

The first chapter was pure LW but the last two were romance.

The third one might even be classified as fantasy! But Coaster always is enthralling.

brujaybrujayover 12 years ago
Good Read

I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I agree with Bruce22. Chapter 1 was LW, with chaper 2 being transitional. Chapter 3 was all Romance. Not a criticism, but an observation. I also agree with LordSlamdawgg's comments about the the wife's transition from terror to timid. A lost opportunity to expand and develop her story.

Thank you for sharing another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
sorry, this one was just too easy

everything good with the writing and the plot over all.

but you lost me on first page of this chapter with this sentence: "I believe the root of your wife's unhappiness was you, Walter.

you are a psychologist or a psychiatrist ? most likely not but it would not surprise me at all because this was all so unworldly.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
Well done !!!!

I like how the story ended, and how the turmoil in there lives turned into joy.

I was almost sure by the end of the second chapter, that Walter was in for a shit storm of trouble, but was glad that it went well for him.

The story could have had a little more erotic sex between Walter and his wife, the one sex scene was very well done, and I wanted to read how they found new ways to pleasure each other.

Thanks for the good read

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Great Story!!!!!!!

Nice wrap up you left nothing hanging. Thank You Again for a great read!!!!!!!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WE'LL GET BY

with a little help from my friends and professionals. TK U MLJ LV NV

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Liked it a lot

I think this is very realistic. I'm not sure that the husband was "responsible" but instead that the combination of their personalities lead them in a bad direction. He clearly didn't know how to stand up for himself, even when it was obviously justified. And that causes people to lose respect for you. People push you for more because they know they can get away with it. When you finally start to push back, like he did, they get upset that you are not the same pushover you always have been.

Yeah, the whole thing ends up feeling too good to be true. But he is clearly known to be the one of the best in his field. He was allowing others to hold him back. Once he fixed that problem it's not unrealistic that he rocketed ahead.

Further, his relationship was his wife was an easy fix. There was no cheating, just a bad attitude problem which was fixed as soon as it was firmly addressed. It was nice to see them rediscover the passion in their marriage. By involving his wife in the business he was able to build her self worth as well as his own. Very refreshing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Vanilla

It should have been in non-erotic. I expect some kind of physicality in LW. It doesn't have to be a fuck fest but this wouldn't pass muster on "The View". Really bland.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nice

But, as somebody else mentioned, nice belongs in non-erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
KUDO's Author

Expectation delivered very professionally - much better than nice work.<P>

You make this site a worthwhile place to visit.<P>

Another one in time would be appreciated.

Very High Regards

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Different, charming, heartwarming story

I feel very fortunate to have read this saga. Extremely well written with an endearing gentle pace. Really relished this story. Thank you Coaster.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent Job Coaster

A true loving wives story. Nice to see something other than cheating wives. There could have been a little more sex in it, however; to me this is what loving wives is all about. I hope other authors who read this will take notice. Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
good l/w story

let this be a benchmark of l/w tales. nothing hidden, problems a plenty solutions often simple.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 12 years ago
Nicely done

Good warming story. I really enjoyed your writing!

Thank you!

Please keep writing and posting so I can keep reading your work!

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 12 years ago
Wrong category?

How about Sci-Fi? It has no basis in reality. Both the husband and wife have dramatic personality changes during the story. The doctor is the most unethical, unprofessional I've ever seen described. The story line was not the least bit believable. The characters were two-dimensional, with no personalities.

This author has proved capable of much better.

northlandernorthlanderover 12 years ago
An Excellent Story

Great to see Walter standing up for himself and getting back together with his wife.

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
Somewhat slow but excellent Story.

I agree with some of the commentors, that the Story was, sadly, a bit unrealistic. But not the problems or the Doctor was. It was the change in the Husband. In reality a submissive, or beta-, personality isn't going to change over night, if ever. Sometimes you have quite, latent alpha personalities, but thats not what the husband was either.

But overall good story.

And those of you who think its unrealistic that real-life relationships suffer because you have 2 beta-personalities with nobody wanting to take responsibility, get some life experience before commenting.

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
I liked it

Maybe a bit too warm and fuzzy but a very enjoyable read regardless. Thank you C2. Jim

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
I gave it 5 stars

what I find unrealistic is that anyone of you haters would make a bad comment about this story. Some of you could believe that a man would keep a wife after she cheated and got fucked by 20 guys but a couple working through a few problems is unrealistic.

And The Navigator I don't know what he problem is. The story was a great tale. Good Job coaster2

RePhilRePhilalmost 12 years ago
A man can reach the Stars

When held up by his wife. Take this story as the truth good readers

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
LOOK WHAT HAPPENS

with knowledge and communication. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful

Absolutely wonderful. And no one outside the marriage was involved. That was a nice part of this story. I hate the cheating stories. Good work. Keep it up. Make a chapter 4 if you can.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Excellent Tale

This was a wonderful story. A loving couple discovering their problems and correcting them and prospering as a loving marriage and happy family. Life should be this good. Thanks for the series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Benedict Arnold

he smoked a mean cock, his cornhole took a reaming, betrayed!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Huedogg2

I can tell you what Navigators problem is. It's ignorance. Of course when you spout your opinion based on ignorance it becomes stupidity.

Navigator is one of those who think that if they have not experienced it, it can't be.

Great story as always Coaster.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Navigator should know

never argue with an admitted cuckold about cuckdom, cuckhood, cuckoldry, or living the cuck life - huecuck is an admitted cuck and the resident authority when it comes to 'sucking and cucking' as it were.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 11 years ago
A well told tale . . .

. . . of successful family life. It is rarely simple and often requires reaching for the unknown. Coaster2 has done a great job telling this story.

eWomaneWomanover 11 years ago
Excellent!

An absolutely beautiful story. Yes -- you chose the right category. Your characters are vivid. The narrative is compelling. The pacing is perfect. I could go on gushing, but won't. Wish you the best...thanks again!

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Tell it like it is and very enjoyable read

This was a great story about a shipwrecked marriage that required drastic intervention and investment of emotional energy. It was an anatomy of a give and take on marriage partnering. It was plausible and very real. I felt the emotion and the description was almost surreal. Thanks for a great read!...

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 11 years ago
Happy Ending

Good story and involving characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good story

Enjoyed the characters, but I felt the Doctor's "Solution" to their problem was a little simplistic.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

Well written but uneventful. A great message. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I agree

the best thing he did what get her involved in the new business. The simple cure to the marital woes? Go back to having sex/making love. Seems trite, but this story of lost/recovered intimacy was indeed heart warming. I suspect this couldn't have worked if she HAD been having an affair, and it was refreshing for him to accept responsibility for what might have led to the gradual escalation of their problems. The best message: commitment to communication, partnership, problem solving, and rewards. In short, a feel-good story. Thanks!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Worthwhile

Not terribly erotic, and certainly not about an adventuresome wife, but a very worthwhile reminder to not let business keep you from 'taking care of business!'

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 10 years ago
*****

Hey! How about that? No BTB or cheating and a happy ending for a change. Well written and good reading. Thanks a bunch. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I would've expected a story like this in the Romance section, but just because I didn't expect it when I found it in Loving Wives doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it or that I'm not glad for the successful resolution of their marriage problems.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thoroughly Enjoyable Story

Really enjoyed the series pity there isn't more of these kinds of stories in the Loving Wives section

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
****

I picked your story out of the "Random LW" section and happy I did. Good writing and reading. It would fit equally well in LW or Romance. Since I'm an LW fan, glad it is here. Thank you, coaster2. Cheers! c29

hebert100hebert100about 9 years ago
thanks

I really enjoy this one. leaves you with a good feeling. thanks

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
HAPPY---HAPPY-----HAPPY

prosperous and healthy. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
No Problem With The Category

True, there was no cheating, or cuckoldry, or whatever, but it WAS a marriage in trouble, and I don't know where else in Lit it could go.

I like that in spite of their success that they didn't buy a McMansion but are still in the same house.

Storm113Storm113almost 9 years ago
very nice

Occasionally LW actually means a loving wife, not a cheating slut! This is one of those times.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Very good

This story line went well and thank goodness the author did not tack on one of his ending that takes the story in a 180 degree turn, as he has with some of his other stories.

gmann57gmann57about 8 years ago

I like your stories so far, They are believable, well written and the husband isnt some wimp, Very enjoyable

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
I waited untill the end to comment on this story.

Usually don't do that but was watching where we were going with this one. I liked it pretty well, seems like I read it before but for some reason failed to comment on your story. Which I thank you for.

Always good to live up to your potential. Obviously that worked well in this story. I liked that the both worked together, pulled together and got back together. A little quick, but had to be done is so many words. Right?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You know what?

Good stuff. Not all loving wives stories are about cheaters, whores and sluts. This one where the husband and wife grew apart, worked their way through the morass of human failings to seek each other's strengths to enable a successful outcome. I congratulate you on a well written story. Thanks for your efforts.

BillandKateBillandKateover 7 years ago
Enjoyed this one

Different for the LW category - refreshing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice "Romance" Story

I enjoy Coaster2's stories, and I liked the first half of this one as well. However, I was in the mood for a "Loving Wife" type story e.g. where there's an intense emotional struggle, or a dark secret uncovered, that the heroin eventually overcomes, which this really wasn't. I think if the therapists insights were more profound, or a hidden secret was reveled, or even if the underlying problem turned out to be somewhat startling then it might have worked in this category for someone like me. With that said, if you enjoy a feel-good Literotica-style romance story, chances are you wont be disappointed with this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story

Marriage problems are not always about money or cheating.

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meabout 7 years ago
Loving the feel good...

Type stories. It's nice to read about a successful marriage sometimes.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago
Second time through

I would say that it is in the wrong category. But then I probably never would have read it. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Actually...

I think your story is perfect for this category. It's not about adultery and revenge; it's not about willing cuckolds and humiliation. Rather, it looks at a marriage in trouble and how the couple worked through it. So, yeah, it's about Loving Wives -- and husbands. Nice job! Very nice indeed!

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Happy ending

Did NOT see that coming. Very nice story. Counselor had me worried for a minute there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
GOOD JOB

Loved the story. It should be read and used in real life situations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
bloody well done

giday coaster2

a real gem you got here.

something that echos in your writing style.

cheers

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Excellent

A three part Loving Wives story about living wives. It's a real good thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 Stars

Quite uplifting. More romance than loving wives. A really nice, well written story. Thank you.

SamsungdfpSamsungdfpover 5 years ago
I like this story

The funny part about this story. It all started with a leaky tap

Top marks

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 5 years ago
5 stars

I agree with a few others: more of a romance — a rekindled one — than a loving wives story. Very well done. Thanks for sharing this.

andyinozandyinozabout 5 years ago
Very well written feel-good tale.

Quite enjoyable and a welcome diversion from some of the other Loving Wives angst.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Very Good

An outstanding read, with a smooth well written story line!

frog 308

SkubabillSkubabillabout 4 years ago

I for one am glad you put it in the LW category. Otherwise I probably would have missed it entirely. It was very refreshing to read something that wasn't about infidelity and retribution for a change. Those are usually my favorites but this was a great alternative. Thank you Coaster, very well done. Five large stars all the way.

moralcompassmoralcompassabout 4 years ago
Thank You

I don't hand out five stars very often, in fact I don't recall ever giving one before. Enjoyed it immensely.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Good story enjoyed problems tackled with counseling and overcome

Counseling sometimes necessary but right counselor prime importance

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Great story, enjoyed it a lot

LucasredLucasredabout 4 years ago
3 star

From the comments, it seems that everybody really liked this story. I am a fan of a lot of Coaster2 writings but not really this one.

I kept waiting for something to happen.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
A very inspirational story

Thank you for this uplifting story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I THOUGHT IT WAS WONDERFUL

I wanted to comment on this pleasant story.

But it's all been said -- I assented to most all the positive commenters.

I did not feel the lack of angst that some commenters mention.

To me, a problem that has him even thinking of the possibility of divorce should it go unresolved, supplied plenty of the needed conflict to make a story interesting -- and to make me keep reading to find what happens.

It's interesting how his personal outlook/traits affected both his married life and his occupational life. He had to do things that, considering his personality, made him feel uncomfortable, in order to move forward in life.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Paul in Oklahoma

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 3 years ago
A superb story

I enjoyed every bit of it. Thank you!

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Read again

Perfect little Loving Wives series. No cheating, and a happy ending foe everyone.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 3 years ago
A very enjoyable read! 5*

Thanks for sharing!

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 3 years ago

No. The problem want just with Walter. The problem was a lack of communication followed by gaslighting.

Do you know how many patients I have seen come in and say, if only my spouse was more X. Or I would be happier if he or she did X? That doesn't mean the spouse is the problem. It's never just one side's problem. Yes, people get complacent but there is a theme on Lit that it's always men. They think that because it's what they are told or women are pretending to be men writing these fantasies to make themselves feel better through blame shifting.

Yes, a lack of assertiveness can lead to unhappiness over time but that is night and day way from telling your husband that you cannot imagine why you ever married them. That is mean,.cruel and nasty. Classic gaslighting.

This story is amusing but it's terribly one sided and full of poppsych BS. I hate shit like this because people believe it. The message of this story is as fantastical as a hobbit with an invisible ring. - starsong1977

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

i like your stories they are upbeat and the main characters solve problems.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@AngelRider, the odds are very low that anyone with competent professional training in psychotherapy would compose the entries in you wrote here in March of 2021. Declarative assertions this submission is "stupid" and summarily dismissing the work as "fantastical" show irritability and intolerance reflecting a degree of personal immaturity that would be clinically dangerous in a practicing psychotherapist. To contain our reaction to what is disclosed by the subject of our analysis and then formulate a response that filters out our personal peeves and prejudices is at the heart of the therapeutic process. Distain and derision serve to propagate pain but foster no personal growth or movement toward health. Competent psychotherapists learn this first hand as clients/patients themselves throughout their years of training and practice. Perhaps you should give it a try.

MightyheartMightyheartabout 2 years ago

A tad predictable but beautiful LW story

4/5

Enjoyed the series

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

5 stars - I really liked this story - It reminded me of my own life and career.

I started my self-employed career at 36, after 20 years of being an employee and never regretted the decision.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely a fantastic story indeed. A very awesome tale of the true American dream come true. Wether it's posted in the wrong category or not is up to wether you think that "Loving Wives" is just that or not. Not all stories are true to their Titles anyway, so I'll reserve my judgment either way. I do think that a 5 star reward is in order though for a well written story of very good taste, with the perfect characters. Thank you do much.

'Wildbill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved your story. Couldn't find anything to criticize. Kudos on a well done story 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice. Right in there.

LWlurker

BabalooieBabalooieover 1 year ago

Nice job. You picked the right category. 6*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story was a refreshing read, with a realistic plot which kept steady progress, and characters easy to identify with. A resounding 5 huge, bright stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done. Good stuff all the ray through.

.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely story! Love conquers all but sometimes it needs a helping hand and who knew that income tax could be so romantic? 5 stars all the way!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Husbands, love your wives, wives, respect your husbands.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice to read a true loving wife story, with no hurtful undertones or weird shit

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago
More.

As it should be!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A real LW story….

nixroxnixrox10 months ago

5 stars for a great ending. BUT this was way more romance than loving wives.

It was a quick turnaround from the first chapter and I like this story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous