All Comments on 'Guard Duty'

by manyeyedhydra

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
Hot story

and skillfully written from the beginning to the end!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Oooo, scary and hot . . .

and oh so good for a Halloween story. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Tie ins with other stories

I would guess the "fatman" in the states is Mr Koontz... I would like to know if there are different types of succubus in your universe and do all your stories tie into the mythos? I know from the succubus summoning series there are imitation succubi ( like the bubble bath ones or the undine)..... Will you state any type of connection between the various succubi species?

estragonestragonover 12 years ago
Very Well-Written

A real downscroller (on-line equivalent of page-turner). Good work! Not a quibble in sight. Can't vote, since I am conflicted out; two of my authors are in this contest. But I'd give you a good vote if I could.

List_of_RomanticsList_of_Romanticsover 12 years ago
Wonderful!

There's an old saying I love that I think is appropriate: never con a con-man, especially when (she's) better than you are.

What fools ye' mortals be! You can't con the masters of sin and sexy evil; they're demons, it's what they do! That's like trying to out shark a shark! It's not possible!

Succubi are apex predators and we (yes, I'm lumping ladies in as well)... we are the juicy, slow, dumb, ignorant and arrogant prey with delusions of grandeur.

All your fancy wizardry, bargains and pacts eventually add up to a game of diminishing returns--the odds are against you, mortals, and the House ALWAYS wins! LOL!

It's only a matter of time till these summoned succubi have the last laugh, and time's on their side.

A good story.

andrewlondonandrewlondonover 12 years ago
Bleak metaphysic/delightful predator

Loved the story. The accents are spot on and I actually took a shine to Jonny and his complete lack of imagination. He made the (terrifying) succubus work harder than most do.

Was the heaven-doesn't exist bit the fridge terror? Because it might actually be fridge delight. If we're all doomed to be playthings, perhaps the best out is between a succubus's legs!

I, uh, think I have some fanfiction in the works (~40% complete). You beat me to the punch as regards setting a Koontz-universe story in the UK. Mine's set in Bristol, and revolves around the provenance of a new drug that makes the user's cares just melt away... I'll be sure to email you a draft if it ever reaches any sort of a state.

(Minor typo: "intelligible" should be "unintelligible")

tarsustarsusover 12 years ago

Glad to see another tidbit of your Succubus world come out! I love that the stories are all independent of one another, yet clearly all link in the background for the loyal fans to enjoy. I liked the characterization in this one, I got a good feel for the personas in the brief time we spent with them. Keep up the good work!

HurbsterHurbsterover 12 years ago
Good stuff but...

Shame he died, I quite liked him as a character.

DmitryDmitryover 12 years ago
Magic,

pure magic. What can I say that would out do previous comments? Nothing, but may be - I hope you never stop writing. P.S Still miss Phil.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
It's always an idiot

Of the finest quality as always, hydra, and a bit more of a look into an alternative faction seemingly opposed to everything else that is happening regarding demons. Unfortunately, I haven't read all of your books and thus am a little bit lacking in knowledge of your world(s)

However, I would like to point out the frequency of idiots appearing in your stories. To be safe, one just has to control their damn libido and away from any and all demonic orifices. That is all that is necessary, yet every single character I have seen, despite their better judgement, ends up plowing or being tricked into a form of sex with one of your many demons and losing their souls when it all could have been avoided with some sense of self control and keeping it in their pants.

Would be nice to actually see someone who knows to do precisely that and doesn't allow lust to cloud their mind in the presence of these lovely demons, even if only a brief cameo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
More of the same.

How about an Incubus winning for a change? Overall good story.

EelunPhetmooreEelunPhetmooreover 11 years ago

Fantastic imagery. Felt like I was there. I'm going to check out more of your work and look forward to what you'll come up with in the future.

YshomatsuYshomatsuover 3 years ago

Do you have any plans to continue this plot between the two rivals? I'd be interesting to see what other experiments are conducted as they try to learn more about the one succubus they have.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous