All Comments on 'The Pearl: Epilogue'

by Thistlethorn

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
Patrolin_AusPatrolin_Ausover 12 years ago
Loved it!

I so hope you're going to write a story about Chad now. Even tho he was an asshole I'd love to know why he changed and what exactly he is. Congratulations on a great story and I will most definately be watching for more.

MazuriMazuriover 12 years ago

So sad to see it end and yet it was beautiful and 'right.' I, too, hope you tell us more about Chad's transformation into a Hunter, and explain exactly what that will entail. Great story!

MizTMizTover 12 years ago
NO

Part of the story might be falling into the background, but what of Chad the Hunter. That part of this story is just beginning. SO NO....you can't just stop here. I refuse to let you hehe-he.

I really did enjoy this story and the history. The whole idea of "The Pearl" was very original and made your story very fresh. I do hope you continue to write. I will be watching for your name!

Oh yea, Congrats on finishing your first series!

GimletEdgeGimletEdgeover 12 years ago
I admire how well the dreamscape feeling has been reestablished.

With the river as a setting (and supporting role), this story has had a gentle, rolling character since the beginning. Granted, there were nightmarish segments, but always the return to the moving water. I couldn't help thinking of a nice dragon snow globe with Dakota and Sebastian floating through the epilog.

And now I look forward to what must surely be a sequel. Still love the rat, who will be a significant character, I'm certain. Chad has more than enough going on to carry a lead role. It's going to be another unique and satisfying story; I'm sure of it.

starwiz01starwiz01over 12 years ago

Wow, this series has been great. But now there are new questions. I hope that you continue with these characters, especially Chad. I hope to learn more like everyone else so far on his changes..

scotterwscotterwover 12 years ago
"Dakota asking Chang for, to temporarily be a dragon" and chad

i want to know if she does temporarily become a dragon then decides to be one permitly to be his mate/lover and i agree with the previoes comments what eill happen with was it "chappy chad" lol loved the name in the first two you cant end it it seems only halve done then branch a ew book of chad the hunter. All and all a rilly enjoyaball read all 17 chapters, so far... keep up the good work

ThistlethornThistlethornover 12 years agoAuthor
An answer

This is in answer to your scotterw's question. I'm also answering it here, in case anyone else was curious. What makes a true dragon is the presence of a pearl. Chang can give Dakota the form of a dragon, but not a pearl. He could conceivably leave her permanently as a dragon, but without a pearl, she wouldn't have any of the magical abilities of a dragon, including shape shift. The original arrangement with Heaven regarding pearls is that the creating dragon had no say in who got the pearl, Heaven decided. For a specific person to receive a pearl, the dragon would have to petition Heaven. Sebastian, as a fledgling, isn't considered "old" enough to do so. Chang would have to petition Heaven. And he would, if Dakota wanted. It would still be Heaven's decision, however, if she became a dragon.

Now, Chad can shape shift back and forth between human and hawk. But that is more a reflection of his burgeoning abilities.

I hope that answers the question, and thank you all for your feedback and kind words.

catman71catman71over 12 years ago
three possible things

a story line devoted to chad. one involving chad and Sebastian 'joining' forces , and / or one involving the entirety of the personages from pearl but as the next part. like whitesabretooth and jazzcullen do,

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 12 years ago
Nice wrap-up

I am curious about the river wanting back into Dakota and that the river considered it to be inevitable. Is the river planning to change her into another type of water guardian? I can see definite possibilities for Chad as a hunter. I hope that you have more stories planned in that area, at least. It has been an interesting trip down the river with you!

GaladreyilGaladreyilover 12 years ago
Geatness to more.

I would very much like this to turn around and either be written or re-written into a full length novel series. I would gladly pay and pre-order each book to come out.

Whether or not that is in the works or consideration, I'm left yearning for more.

DormDadDormDadover 12 years ago
Just one more thing to say...

You have called this the epilogue. While that might be the end of the beginning of this story, it is my hope that you continue to use these well crafted characters in your next story. I would urge you to at least no totally abandon them. I note that you have many places to "tie" in a new direction. You have mentioned some in your answers to us. My Score 10 for Originality; 10 for plot; 9.5 spelling and grammar; 10 for willingness to read further.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A real pearl

This should be published in the form of a book.

sailandoarsailandoarover 11 years ago
World Class writing ......

My gift as a reader is that I can recognize greatness. I find it in your writing and it makes me happy knowing that the world is a better place because of it.

cittrancittranover 11 years ago
my only wishes

Are as follows:

that you continue writing this series

that Dakota, at an appropriate time, becomes like Sebastian (so that they can live with each other)

that you publish this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thank you for the fabulous story.

I hope you will write more of the series soon, This is a very promising story line and I would hate for it to be dropped.

Once again Thanks for the story.

DormDadDormDadover 11 years ago
I have read this again

I have read this again, because the story stands out in my mind as exceptional. I would have hoped that by now you would have agreed to continue with it. I still hold out the hope that in the future you will return to writing about these interesting dragons. We have yet to see Sebastian's introduction to; his own parents; Dakota's parents; and most importantly his clan. His further growth would certainly keep me reading. The continuation of the relationship between Dakota and Sebastian would need to be explored. The aside with Chad is too good to let go as well. The training that Qiang would assist him with would be fun to see develop. Chad's interaction with the Rat/human Ambrose too is unique. What was your idea on his becoming a hunter? Please do not let this story end here.

Write On!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great story

Love this story and would like to read more on this topic. Very well written and so good that I couldn't stop until the end (I finished at 3:00 am) Please more like this, you have a gift for telling a story directly to the reader's heart.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
very nice story line

I hope you write more about it on the future since the expansion possibilities are endless.

I liked the original idea but also how you managed to develop all.

Sure one of the best story present here.

Please write more.

LavonyaLavonyaalmost 11 years ago
Can there be a sequel???

There is so much that can be expanded on in this story!!!

I wish so much that there were more stories that were like this or even similar to this that had dragons and human in it!!!

I sincerely hope that you continue writing!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Brilliant

I was looking around for a short dragon story, but I began reading this and I am very glad I did!

I hope you can do some spin-offs in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
great story

This was an awesome story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Praise be upon you

I loved reading this. This story is publishing worthy. I grew to like Chad and how he redeemed himself. If you could do a spin off starring him, that would be awesome. Thanks for your work, very entertaining!

southernmisfitsouthernmisfitover 10 years ago

That was a truely awesome story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a serious talent as a story teller and your writing style is impeccable.

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 9 years ago
Loved the Story!

I really liked this story.. However, I read this stories sequel before this one by accident. Made it more interesting ;-)

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
Excellent

Simply one of the best stories I've read.

JoymabsJoymabsover 7 years ago

Amazing series. I could not stop reading it and I definitely want more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Loved it!

I absolutely loved this story, but it does make me sad that Thistlethorn stopped posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Best story I’ve read in years. Thank you so much.

I feel so sad this beautiful adventure is at an end. I love the characters so much I’ll miss them dearly. I hope you continue to write stories especially with dragons in the future. Also fantastic job with Chads character arc can’t believe you got me to like that asshole :) thank you so much for this awesome experience.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous