All Comments on 'An Unlikely Romance Ch. 08'

by LaRascasse

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
StarofAirdrieStarofAirdrieover 12 years ago
Love the Ending

You went the only way you could go - perhaps he didn't have to suicide (yes it's a verb too people) but it easily could have happened, and no matter what this romance could never have a truly happy ending. It pleases me to no end that you had the integrity as a writer and as an observer of people to not make this a fairy tale, a 'Scooby Doo ending' or a 'Love conquers all'.

I have a feeling I'll have more people disagreeing than agreeing with me, but so be it; you have realism on your side.

Plus I cannot ignore that in addition to a unique and engaging storyline, you bring to this story wonderful writing with nice detail without overkill (pardon the pun). I thank you for that. This should be a novel. Good luck!

~Airdrie

SizzlinSisSizzlinSisover 12 years ago
Well done!

Not every tale ends in 'Happily Ever After', and your ending was one of the best 'Dark' ones I've read on Lit

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
mostly

i agree mostly that he had to die someway. i just think it would have been better for the cops to find him and her take him down

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
LOVE BLOOMS THEN PERISHES

where does the plants go. TK U MLJ LV NV

holydemon00holydemon00over 12 years ago
Mindfucked

But I can't help but feel, that they could have avoided the tragic ending had Simon successfully confessed his crime to Monica. And Maybe her monster could empathize with and forgive his own monster.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Dexterious

I chose to hold my comments until the last chapter, but very well written! beautiful twists and had me hooked all the way through. A few glitches here and there, but overall very nice! Also can't help but say: this totally reminds me of the TV show Dexter. (I love dexter so naturally I was drawn here). And may I also say, realism was captured beautifully, not everyone deserves a fairy tale ending...

damppantiesdamppantiesover 12 years ago
Overall... good stuff. I'd pay to read this.

You know my gripes about this series, but the fact of the matter is, it held my interest to the end. Good writing, even if some extremely unbelievable plot points and execution. The ending was exactly what the story needed. Well done with that.

I hope you revisit and polish it up as the next step in your writing.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
OUT OF THE ASHES

comes a rebirth. TK U MLJ LV NV

persorosapersorosaabout 12 years ago

If I say I saw part of this coming will you be mad? For some reason I felt like it would end this way. The suicide I mean. But I, personally liked the ending. It wasn't a happy ending.

I think the story itself is very well written with a few changes here and there, some grammar issues it could be GREAT.

I look forward to reading more of your work.

delightdawndelightdawnover 11 years ago

You continue to impress. Read others of yours but this is almost perfect. A few typos and few odd moments but otherwises a good nail biting ride. Gave me a few things to consider and looking forward to reading the other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Bah

Why is everyone scared to let the sociopath get away with it in a novel,they often do in the real world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
i guess that could have been the only end for them

stlll, didn't change my dislike towards monica as a character

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well done

A scary ride through a twisted mind . A cut above the norm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The fuck?!?!?

What kind of trash ending is this?!??!?!?! 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well I finished it

Well he still got his happy ending lol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Kind of a sad ending. Monica just lost the future she was dreaming of and he is giving into being the monster he fought so hard to stop.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLaRascasse@LaRascasse
1134 Followers
I like writing. Trying my hand at erotic writing now. Other facts about me: Galactic powerbroker. Benevolent celestial overlord. Compulsive dreamer. Confirmed sapiosexual. Fanatic bibliophile. Had the original idea for Facebook while I was still in utero. Interested i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES