All Comments on 'Ulric and Anna'

by xtorch

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

The story could have used a little more worldbuilding to draw the reader into its web but the style was very, very nice. Ulric and Anna were interesting characters that fit the story.

MizTMizTover 12 years ago
Clever

I like the parts of history you chose. Medieval, what looks similar to the Mayan calendar, add to that an alien object and what sounds terrible ends up being a surprising good story. Will there be more adventures of The Librarian and his lady friend? It might be nice?

RiseRiseover 12 years ago

This was a really good story with the impression of a fleshed out world. I liked it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Very good

Not what I was expecting somehow, but a great story.

xtorchxtorchover 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks, all.

It's the first short story I've written in a long, long time.

I'm glad so many of you liked it.

As for detail, it's a tough decision, figuring out how to leave to imagination and how much to spell out. Especially in a short story, the bigger danger is in overdoing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A fine short fantasy story

Even without the sex, this would be an excellent addition to any collection of short science fiction or fantasy stories.

Jenna1913Jenna1913over 12 years ago
I enjoyed this very much

I hope we will be seeing more from you very soon.

talismaniatalismaniaover 12 years ago
Delightful!

Your characters completely captivated me and I love the voice of this piece, slightly off-kilter, always intelligent and deliciously tongue-in-cheek. A fine piece of fantasy writing.

GimletEdgeGimletEdgeover 12 years ago
Wonderful economy of words...

kept the Visitors so intriguing. You created a very effective sense of communicating with beings of a wholly different nature.

I could see this as more than a short story. It could almost be a treatment for a screenplay about a Fourth Encounter...or maybe an earlier number since it's obviously set in the past.

And erotic to boot. Loved the conceit whereby the only time they could communicate was during orgasmic sex.

A delightful tour de force of imagination.

southwestcavsouthwestcavover 9 years ago
Serendipity

I just ran across your author's page and read this one of your stories first. It's a clever idea. I am sufficiently intrigued that I would enjoy a longer version but it is well written and enjoyable as a short story. I'll be reading more from your page.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
well wrought

As well developed as the characters Ulric and Anna are it would seem a waste to not write further about them.

sithonsithonabout 9 years ago
great

Nicely well rounded story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very cool!

Thanks for writing this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Creative

Always on the lookout for a new idea and this is a great one. Well done

Horseman68Horseman68almost 5 years ago
Very Unique.....

..... piece of writing. Not only the storyline, but also the exceptional dialogue combine to give such an engaging read. Bravo.

xtorchxtorchalmost 5 years agoAuthor
So many comments, so much later...

Makes me want to write a further adventure for these two characters.

Thanks all,

@XavierTorch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
well done!

more please ???

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Super awesome!!!

Whoopee! That was a great ride. Many thanks.

maninconnmaninconnabout 4 years ago
Cool!

Thanks for writing! I kinda want to meet “new friend.”

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story. So unique! Hope there's more to come.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxtorch@xtorch
1652 Followers
The next chapters of "Two Hundred Dollars More" are up on the Patreon page for anyone subscribing to the $1 tier. https://www.patreon.com/xaviertorch I'm currently also working on the third novel in the Talla's Temple series. My first novel is Talla's Temple. I know, it co...