All Comments on 'My Only Talent Ch. 01'

by conanthe

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

What a great start.......... please continue.... can't wait to read part 2

mcollectmcollectabout 12 years ago
Great beginning

I can't wait for the next chapter.

lcluckylcluckyabout 12 years ago
Top Notch

Great start. Hoping to see the next soon.

Teacher44Teacher44about 12 years ago
Very nice and original idea.

Look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
luved it!

keep going i want to know more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
One tick

Look for another way to say ` the signal `, I know it is important but; The signal did this, the signal did that gets a little old. Just my opinion, otherwise great concept and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Ditto...

.. can't wait !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
One of the best I've read for a while...

Please keep it going. I'm looking forward to more conquests.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

please keep story going, liked it alot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good stuff

Nice idea. Enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great!

I'm very much looking forward to the continuation of this series. It seems like you've left yourself plenty of room to grow and expand the story, and I can't wait to see it happen! Good Luck with continued writing, and I'm looking forward to reading the next one.

- TBH

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
ONE OF THE BEST STORIES EVER !!!

THE MORE, THE BETTER !!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
ABSOLUTE MINDLESS SHIT OF A STORY !

The worst. 1 star!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I think someone is jealous!

This kind of hateful comment, so out of context, leads me to believe that some other author is jealous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Stilted,inane and half illiterate,as if written by a forigner with not good command of English.

I hope that with a lot of learning and practice it may get better. At the moment it is worth 2 stars.

Ancient117331Ancient117331almost 12 years ago
This isn't a review ...just a comment

Sometimes peeps forget what a story is - its a story! This was fun and a smooth read. You spiced it up, gave it heart and tease both. As a book chapter I turned the pages because I wanted to - not had to. I even gave you a 5 BECAUSE you gave enough to make it feel personal NOT because it was the epitome` of World Class Literature!

We can't please everyone ...ever. But we can still have heart and not be mindless, hurtful, or totally self-centered. I'm glad I paused with your story.

Take care,

Chris

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Fantastic Fantasy!

Don't worry about the nasty anonymous critics. They can't write and are just venting.

I have similar fantasies as well. You wrote it down. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A Beginning

Although I like the rest of the series, this first one was the worst (as expected). The storyline was great, but it was brought down by a bad handling of English grammar, especially the constant exclamation points. I don't expect "World Class literature", but I do expect to understand the story easily without having to pause and figure out what you said. Still, the story in and of itself is interesting. Please give us a Ch. 12.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Winning the lottery

In my sixties, and if I won merely money at 18 I'd likely as not be broke now as I am. If I'd learned about such a talent instead, I'd never buy a ticket.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
...

Are you erm... anti-social? Or are you a top secret agent or spy? There is almost nothing in your profile!!! Nah Jk Jk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks for great story

Thank you for the great effort that has gone into creating this story. A really good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The ultimate wing man

Oh if only I had a friend like that

rabbit993rabbit993almost 10 years ago
Second time around

Even better on the second read, this time I am going to keep track of all of the characters; his dance card fills up and soon enough the complexity of this story requires dramatis personae.

OnyxShadowOnyxShadowover 9 years ago
Instantly adding you to favorite authors!

After reading just the first of these chapters I am hooked. I found it because several of the later chapters are at the top of the all-time rankings, and its easy to see why. The sex is fantastic, but the writing is so dang good that I would probably read just about anything you wrote. Thanks for the terrific story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Pretty good, I guess I had high standards because my favorite author on here(noble_truth) recommended you. All in all a good read! :)

Pretty good, I guess I had high standards because my favorite author on here(noble_truth) recommended you. All in all a good read! :)

gunthernehmengunthernehmenover 8 years ago
Pretty good

As good a premise as any in this genre. I'll keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good premise, poor writing.

The premise and progression of this story is very good. You have talent and creativity. However, please re-educate yourself on the proper use of the exclamation point. You are far too overzealous with it. It makes the story sound like it's through the eyes of an eight year old rather than an eighteen year old.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
This is very picky , but strangely first impressions are very important,

In the line, "She was almost perfectly quaffed and made up."

Quaffing is the act of drinking, as in "He quaffed his last beer"

The word you had in mind was "coiffed" and it is pronounced the same as quaffed. It is the word concerning presented well or carefully dressed or even her hair was arranged impeccably.

Embarrassing to bring it up but that sort of blip decreases credibility.

Sman4444Sman4444over 7 years ago
Good Advice for College

I wish I had gotten that advice early in life. There are signals you can pick up.

JounarJounarabout 7 years ago
This story has been stolen and is being sold on Amazon

Conanthe, HDK mentioned on SOL that someone had stolen one of his books and was selling it on Amazon without his permission. A linking to the scumbags page there

https://www.amazon.com/Only-Talent-Book-ebook/dp/B01BJ3Q77Q/ref=la_B01B446K4U_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1489690326&sr=1-9

is word for the first few paragraphs of chapter one of this series. Hope this helps you bringing a halt to assholes stealing your hard work.

grayghost323grayghost323over 6 years ago
sad

That's not right I would buy it in book from it if was from the real guy there is always a some people who shit on every thing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Interesting.

It's funny to see this kind of thing. It's like a person with a mind control fetish is too scared to do that, so they make a feel vibes one based on the obscure "3-second law". Oh well. Good writing at least. Keep up the good work.

Geon54Geon54over 5 years ago
Lots of Fun

I like Kevin a lot. He takes everything in stride with a great attitude. As narrator, he makes the story a lot of fun. I hope he will be able to maintain his sunny disposition.

Two things that made me laugh out loud:

1) Enormous State University. 'Nuff said. After reading further I realized how economical this was because it also saved you (the author) from having to stop the story in order to explain how big the school was and how big the dating pool was. "'Cause, y'know it was enormous, remember? I even put it the school name".

2) "What kind of Jewish family gives their kid the initials KKK?"

Thanks! On to Chapter 2

thekeenreaderthekeenreaderover 5 years ago
Hope there is more Janet

Love her character. So vulnerable but really adventurous and sexual.

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 5 years ago
A great story

Wonderfully done! A great beginning! Thank you!

cudsnuggleatcudsnuggleatalmost 5 years ago
All is well

Hot! Five stars

I like exclamation marks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Plot pothole

I'm returning for a second reading after noticing a new chapter recently dropped after a long time from the last chapter. Knowing the story, reading from the beginning is interesting, especially this:

""Well, I don't drink, because I am one of those people who can't metabolize it normally. One sip of communion wine gets me high as a kite. I tried smoking dope once in junior high, and it just put me to sleep, and I experienced no high at all. ""

In later chapters it is said or inferred that taking ANY narcotics would end his talent, if I recall correctly. I'll have to wait to get to it as I just restarted with chapter 01. If I'm correct, then this is a problem paragraph to the story.

I have read this story over the years and have enjoyed it immensely, maybe even ENORMOUSLY to match the university name :) I like long stories and with 43 having just dropped, it will take a bit of reading to get to the new chapter to savour the new one. Looking forward to it, and thanks for the EXCELLENT read. Really appreciate it.

roveroneroveronealmost 4 years ago
REALLY enjoyed this...

very likable characters (and their honesty), engaging dialogue, no freakishly large members that would give a horse a complex...

and spelling/grammar/etc all in line-always makes so much more enjoyable to former Honors English student...

tho hadn't realized how many chapters(and over such a long stretch of time!) there are till i read the April 2020 comment-and going to have to keep a running tally of all the women he meets/chats up-seems worthwhile-giving this a 5/fave

he was very lucky to meet Mrs Douglas...and turning him on to her penchant for rump rogering...was introduced to an older divorced woman by a classmate in college who took a shine to me-while her back door strictly off-limits still learned a lot, tho she was by no means my first....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Checked out for a while and missed the latest few installments. Think I'll do another re-read from the start to refresh everything.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 3 years ago

I realize I'm coming to this "frat party" very late, since I see you began this tale 9 years ago. I can only say I'm glad I found it.

I find how you use such generic initials a bit goofy to sometimes a bit funny. It's a very non-standard approach--as is someone effectively honing a "vibe" signal talent--which will effectively give this one guy a harem without having one. Don't know how I feel about that, as while the ability is quite niche, it definitely aligns with some guy's dreams of REALLY knowing if the female wants him; however, it could really introduce a lot of "love them and leave them" carnage around. This could cause credibility problems, as even on a larger college campus, gossip travels and the word would get out amongst the women if there really were a guy good at "reading them."

Very promising. I'll have to see where this goes, as I never quite know what to make of long chapter installments: my experience has been it's either really good, really bad or rarely down the middle. For this beginning, a 5.

Anonymous91Anonymous91over 2 years ago

Not my type of Sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nope! Somewhat interesting until he kissed her with cum still on her lips. Vile, disgusting, and perverse!

Stopped reading, scored one star!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the plot line and writing style. A real winner of a story for sure.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2u6 months ago

Third read through. I come back to it every year or so. I try to wait till I’ve forgotten the finer details though.

Magnificent and pretty original I think. It’s under mind control but he never actually controls anyone and that takes out all the sleaziness. Sleaze can be fun but not with this one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous