All Comments on 'Fade In'

by BigK10

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1about 12 years ago
I can't help it.

This is corn! but it's good corn. People love stories like this...forgiveness from beyond the grave, the betrayed husband growing beyond the normal human impulse to hate the betrayer for the benefit of his unborn son.It speaks to the best impulses in the human heart.good storyl.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754almost 12 years ago
Very Nice

Nice to see growth in both main characters and true forgiveness.

RePhilRePhilover 11 years ago
Quick shut the DOOR

Don't let this writer escape! He's ours and we want to keep him!!!!

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
HURRY UP FOR THE END OF TIME

I cant wait to spend my time with you. TK U MLJ LV NV

HardFeltHardFeltabout 11 years ago
Excellent

Five stars.

Simply excellent and I hate ghost stories.

When I first started I had not mentally given this story a ghost of a chance(pun intented). As I read further I saw how well it was put together and finally swayzed me towards it.

Excellent.

tiger46tiger46about 11 years ago
MEH

Typical betrayed apologist bullshit.

"Her betrayal was my fault". (didn't realize you were the one who pulled her panties off for Jim!)

"She made a mistake" (A mistake is buying tickets for a Nickelback concert in hopes of hearing a good rock band - letting someone besides your husband stick their cock in your veejayjay is a CHOICE)

If it wasn't for these two "fingernails on chalkboard" enducing statements I would have rated this higher than a 3*. Show a little respect for the betrayed in future - you do have talent and promise as a writer.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 11 years ago
DQS is correct - good corn!

Good read. Wonder if BK10 was watching Ghost just before writing this one. Still a good read.

brujaybrujayalmost 11 years ago
Enjoyed the story........

...and encourage you to continue writing more.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
More than just corn Polenta LOL

Well done - quality story -

It is unimportant whether any of us would have done the same thing the author makes that choice - the story was well done and a good read - you want to believe he could help his child -

The altruism is important here though - putting the life of his child and his child's mother ahead of his petty revenge against her - was she wrong? yes - did she know it? yes - was her child evil? no - did she and her child deserve to be further abused (not ignoring she abused Ray)? NO IMHO

Thanks for sharing -

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Nice

A ghost story with a happy ending? Who would believe it?

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Well Crafted

Obviously the protagonist had wimpy tendencies, after all he ran away from the adultery scene rather than eliminating the offending elements....... But he was a good product of Evolution and put the propagation of his genes ahead of other considerations. Really enjoyed this and all the stories by this author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good Story

I enjoyed the story, and I'm not a BTB guy (quite the opposite), but I'm surprised how easy she got off and how accepting most commenters are. 1) The story mentioned he was a professional con man, but he acted like a deadbeat when watching the game; I didn't really see an example of how he sweet-talked her. And 2) Knowing her actions cause him to flee and thus towards his death, I can't picture any reason (even money) of why she would go back to the antagonist.

Other than that it was a well written story!

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Good stuff.

Asshole got what he deserved, and Hubby at least got to have a son that he could watch over. Not like your usual stuff, BK. Brought a tear to my eye.

5 Ghostly Stars.

pumpop201pumpop201almost 10 years ago
Delightful.

Simply a delightful story. Thanks.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Hey!

I read this some time ago; just read it again. Gee I wished I had left a comment before. This is such a wonderful fairy tale...then maybe...who can say.

Please continue to write

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 9 years ago
Great writing

At first I wondered how he could forgive Becky. She cheated and then let the guy who caused her cheating to move in. And then briefly considered aborting the child because it would be a constant reminder to her of her infidelity. BigK10 explained it beautifully.

" I told her that I had forgiven her. Even though I was partially to blame by neglecting her, that Jim was the one who deserved my wrath. He took full advantage of the situation, as was his nature, and that she'd been manipulated by a professional. At first, he'd only wanted some sex while he located a mark for his next scam, but suddenly, with the insurance money coming in, she became the mark. She had some responsibility in this, but since I didn't have to worry about her cheating on me again, it was easy for me to put my son's best interest ahead of everything else. I also told her that I still loved her, in spite of her mistakes. She professed an undying love for me, as well. I told her that she should leave room in her heart for another—one to help raise my son—"

We must forgive because life goes on and to wallow in bitterness and recrimination serves no purpose. It doesn't add to the GNP, it doesn't lighten anyone's load. There were the living to consider and his new son. Great story. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another One

Just another cheating cunt justification story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No

That just didn't work out as a decent story.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
This is a wonderful, 5* story

It's a very romantic story and works very well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Story About Forgiveness

This is a good story about the importance of forgiveness for the ones we love as well as our own well-being. It's also romantic in his ability to express love for his cheating wife as a ghost, though he reason for doing so is his unborn son. Very touching and unusual story...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
just one thing

He saved her and forgave her because she was pregnant with his son.

How did he know it was his?

Might have been another one of her lovers

Not sure about the comments concerning the wonderfulness of forgiveness. I could understand if she had any guilt or remorse but she just moved lover right into house.

If she went to funeral she probably was late having been at it with lover that morning. Probably did not even have time for shower and stood at graveside with lover's seed filling her panties:-)

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 7 years ago
Creative

I liked the imagery of the ghost caressing the child in the mother's womb and recognizing it as his own. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
To Anonymous 5-1-16

Asshole. Your twisted view of a great story is pure bullshit. 'Nothing to see here everyone'. Just a brainless Troll looking to stir up shit with readers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
So Beautiful and tender, this made me cry.

There was a point, during his contact with his unborn son and pregnant wife, I couldn't see the screen. Big, big tears hitting my phone and crying - you really touched my with your words and it was lovely. I needed to read this, and I loved it - more than I can say in any comment space.

You have a gift and a remarkable talent. Please keep telling your story and never stop writing. You're magnificent!

StormKing33StormKing33almost 6 years ago
5* Unique, not the usual LW tired cliche

A momentary lapse in fidelity is forgivable. I enjoyed the story.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
Very original.

Best of your stories. Sad ending. *****

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Not your usual

But this was a great story of.love beyond the grave. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
LOL

Momentary lapse of fidelity ,but his body was hardly cold before she took the guy she was cheating with to her bed.

To many rationalizations. People that lack fidelity don't have ability to be faithful until death. they do have the ability to feel that way but only for a short time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A Love Story???

A cheating whore is a "Love" story!!! You commenters are a sick bunch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sigh

Another story about a women that can't take responsibility for her actions. It's all the man's fault, thought it took two to tango, or it's rape. Fade out. Which is it, can a women make a call about sex, or not. Wish i knew.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Well

Written. A knock off of the movie but very well written. I do like a btb but all that is nothing compared to protecting his kid and facing what he is about to face in this author’s universe. He has one shot to take care of his kid and himself for eternity. Anyone who would be thinking about revenge in that situation is either a psycho or an idiot.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Agree fidelity not even cold and he is in

She cheated and is rewarded

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCyclealmost 4 years ago
I can't condone a cheat,

but this was another story.

In this reality life didn't end with death just like they harp on about in christianity. I don't hold to all that, but this is the reality of this story.

That being said, where he stood was actually more concerned with his own soul, not cheap payback on some cheating whore.

His actions were, and weren't, a test. He was in the whole situation of coming back as a ghost, because he had not been a bad man, so he just continued with his habit of being a good man. I am sure given the nature of the story, if he'd been vengeful, it would have been bad for him.

That's what this story was about more than a cheating wife. He was dead and buried, he had to look after his soul. His old life didn't matter... just how he relates to those left behind.

The part that wasn't a test, was that he was already in a version of "The Good Place", because it was where he belonged, he was always going to do the right thing. Otherwise he would have gone straight to hell. He just needed to learn the stakes and the path to take. Not a LW story, never was. Get over it.

Good one even if pure fantasy. If only we did have some kind of eternal outcome. My belief is that sadly, it's all a human construct, and we are the architects of our own mythology and constraints. Still, it was an enjoyable read.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Well Infinite

That's a depressing position of faith you hold to. And no, the story is actually the opposite of Christian beliefs. Still a damn good story even if it is a knockoff of the movie Ghost. Story may not be original, but at least it's not a copy of a story I've read on here.

fritz51fritz51about 3 years ago
Different...

But I like different. The cheating bothered me as it did some other readers, but he did what he needed to do to insure that his son would thrive. That is the definition of being a good father.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Truly a sweet story.

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Wonderful story! Great job, BigK10!

CaptFlintCaptFlintover 2 years ago

Excellent, heart warming story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What's so heartwarming about this? Guy wasted his short life on an unfaithful, cheating skank and now is facing the rest of her life looking after her, cleaning up the mess her slutish manners create. This is just a deplorable premise. I wish I could give it the minus it deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just love it, don't know what but it made me so emotional and warn. Loved the story. Best on literotica ever

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, the words ' you're a better man than i am gunga din' come to mind.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great sentimental story- very touching. Great author

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story. Very original.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigK10@BigK10
389 Followers
Over the last few months, I have unexpectedly found a "support group" that I was in need of--even if I didn't realize it! Yes, I was also the victim of my first wife's cheating ways. When it came to a head, I got drunk for 3 days, then slammed the door shut on that part of m...

story TAGS