All Comments on 'Ghosts & Shadows Pt. 02'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 154 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Continue to keep up the good work

I enjoy reading each one of your stories as unique items. I don't give a rat's ass what other commenters are bitching about. If they don't like your stories, they need to stop reading. I, however, will continue. Thanks for sharing...

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
THE OLD WAYS----THE BEST WAYS

very hard to break into new days. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
make me puke,what he did with the son

she a whore and he was cockold.get even or put a gun in your mouth.weak men make me puke.

gravyruggravyrugabout 12 years ago
I'm liking this one

I hope you were serious about it being shorter than WWWM, though. That one, good as it was, had moments when it seemed to start eating itself.

I get the feeling I would enjoy this one even more if I was reading it all at once.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
welcome back

glad you are back you are and excellent writer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Seriously DanielQSteele?! You really think Hugh is smooth? What a heap of shit, so far he's been fucking around with 2 women, which he needed help to get both and surprise surprise, which shouldn't have been coming from you, one of them has huge tits, that he thinks is a bimbo, absolutely no fucking surprise coming from you, yet he manages to hurt both. And yes, you do repeat characters and plots.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hey you didn t explain about it...

All Universe of WWWM are in the books?Per example, Paul and Paula story???

Please, write some details about in your blog(or here in Non-Erotic section).

best wishes,

Paul in Rio

Sidney43Sidney43about 12 years ago

I have thought about this story as it has been presented so far and several things do not seem to fit. Hugh is supposed to be this hot shot trouble shooter but seems almost entirely passive about what his wife, Mary did to him. He walked out and never fought for her. His son goes to visit his mother and the snake in the grass who she moved in with walks out of the bedroom in his pajamas, sits down beside her and puts a hand over her breast. That is about the most unusual behavior I have ever heard of happening in front of her own son. What he is doing is claiming her as his piece of pussy and he is degrading her at the same time. No one who loves someone would do that, but that is the sort of thing a dom would do. I think that the seducer figured out that Mary was a closet submissive and he took over her life, because nothing else I can think of would explain the bizarre behavior we have seen from Mary and her new fuck buddy.

Then, when Peter tells her what he thinks of her, good ole Hugh tells him to apologize to Mary or he has lost his father also. No one in their right mind would order an adult son to just crawl back to Mary and accept what happened. Eventually, Peter and his family might accept the new arrangement, but let it happen in good time as these things normally occur.

I am sure that DQS has some twists and turns in store for us, but so far there are some strange things going on with this story as written, Oh yes, then there is the problem with Brittney and instead of just telling her that he needs a little R&R he lies to her to get away from the non stop sex. Hugh seems to have a communication problem and again, would he have his head trouble shooter job if he can't communicate with people?

We all know DQS writes well, so I eagerly await the salvation of Hugh.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 12 years ago
I like the way the author keeps the reader a little off balance with what is happening next.

We have been shown how Hugh has been dealing with the divorce from Mary, but we haven't seen if Mary is happy with her choice of men.

I thought it was strange that she packed up and left so quickly, unless she was already thinking of leaving Hugh, and had made plans of living in Chicago. That's quite a cultural and environmental change from living in Florida.

Chicago is a horrible place to live in the winter, a lot like Cleveland, with snow asshole deep and the wind that will knock you on your ass when it comes off of the lake.

There's a good balance of erotic and interesting emotional writing that keeps the pace of the story moving forward nicely. I feel sympathy towards Hugh, and what he is going through, because the author has written the story so well.

Thanks for the very good read .

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
Seems like he's working most of Kubler stages of emotions ( no anger though )

This is a low key read , but the author's skill keeps things moving at a 'acceptable albeit borderline meandering rate'. None of emotional and physical WWWM pyrotechnics that emblazened onto so many Lit Readers' consciousness ( & current expectations ).

It's not exactly my fav cuppa' but DQS has earned himself considerable leeway with his past body of work. Many of the comments express frustration with this nigh Dalai Lama pacifist slant in terms of dealing with the wife who practically broke her thumbs pressing the matrimonial eject button, and interloping educator .

Is Hugh a closet-vegan ? It would explain a lot . Seriously. I'm grateful for this story which rates far above the median level of stories in the LW genre. So many comments are howling for blood and make it seem as if they've been cheated of actual coin. This is a free site and this story is a gift.

The author is a multi-faceted talent & giving expression to one of the softer ones. If Steve McQueen could do that romantic dramady with Natalie Wood. Well hang in there & let DQS work/ purge this thru his system. This isn't so bad. It could be worse , much worse & certainly beats the hell out of Tami Hoag or Jonathon Hillerman.

( I would mention some Literotica auters' but they aren't pros & until one gulps, swallows takes the leap & puts one's own work out here for review as these people have- they are one up on me ( AND HARRY).

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 12 years ago
Families . . .

. . . come in all flavors, even emotionally frozen, The deep freeze of emotion seems to have given Mary the justification she needed to look elsewhere for love. In spite of what DQS1 said in his ending comments, the emotional disconnect between main character hubby and wife does seem to have a commonality with some of his other stories. Still, the disconnect is a way to start the story. As usual, DQS does a great job of tying things together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
To be the devil's advocate...

Is this to be a long rambling tale as in "When We Were Married?"

Glenda_FiddichGlenda_Fiddichabout 12 years ago

Left me a little flat. Author has a marvellous gift for conveying emotion without overstating. I just thought Davidson was a better man than me re the conversation with his son but I now agree with the previous commentator that was over the top. The son's relationship with his mother is just that. HIS relationship and not to be blackmailed into or out of by his father. Based on your previous work I'm looking forward to more but like I said this episode was a little disappointing. Best... M

1lnbrdg1lnbrdgabout 12 years ago
Readable

I'm a reader. I'm still reading, post the next please . . . .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
What he did

with his son is unforgiveable! His mother is a cheating slut and the father character demands he continue the relationship? In what fucking universe does that ever happen in? Less than one star for just that alone.

Richie4110Richie4110about 12 years ago
I want more

I look forward to your next installment of G &S as well as WWWM. I just love the way you develop a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Part 2 and the story has already jumped the shark!

DQS is one of the best writers on this site. I was excited to read Ghosts Pt 1 and was curious as to how he would finish it. Part 1 had a very interesting story, both Hugh and Mary were interesting characters and the ending of the chapter was powerful but troubling. The story is written from Hugh's perspective and he, like the reader, is left wondering why?

In part two we are reminded that Hugh and Mary had been happily married for 36 years and raised two children and are grandparents. They had a marriage out of a romance novel. Still in a honeymoon mode after all those years because Mary traveled for work so much. Then at 57, Mary leaves Hugh, her family and friends to go live with a 45 year old man who had left his wife and kids apparently to be with her. I say apparently because he did so 2 months before she was forced to admit her affair. Mary made no indication that she had planned on leaving before she left.

DQS needs a logic editor. It is clear that DQS doesn't have kids. In this story Hugh would have been the parent who took care of the kids while Mary was away more than she was home. This means he was the one shuttling the kids to friends and activities, going to school stuff, cooking and shopping for them. He would have spent more time with them than anyone else in his life including Mary. They would have been the first ones he would have talked to about her and he never would have threatened to cut his son out of his life after Mary cut him off as she did.

I don't know how that marriage could have been so happy. Hugh was not jealous or angry about all the time Mary spent away from family or the extra burden he carried because of it? If Mary is so hot, why didn't she cheat earlier? 57 is a little late for a mid-life crisis. If she was going to turn, it would have been around 40 when she was starting to feel like she was getting old. I can't believe that she would have been faithful all of these years. She was good at sales, she could have gotten a different job so she could have been with her family. She chose to sell school books! How exciting! Mary didn't need the money, she wanted to get away from her family.

Then there's her partner in crime. He is a cheater who probably did a lot of cheating on the road. Is he really going to go through divorce, alimony and child support to be with a grandma? When Mary's brain surgeon son shows up he gropes Mary in front of the son and she lets him? No man would embarrass a woman like that in front of her son if he cared for her. She lies to her son about the breakup and does not try to make things right. She doesn't object when he tells her she is dead to him. Mary doesn't even reach out to Hugh when she learns that he is responsible for bring her son around.

In part 2 we learn that Hugh is the bank's problem solver. In part one he knew who Mary left him for, where she was, that her behavior was out of character, that his boss had tapes of Mary with the other guy that disgusted her. And he does nothing to solve his problem or even ask what was on the tape. When Mary requested her quicky divorce he should have demanded an explanation. For all he knew, she was in trouble or hiding assets that were due to him in a divorce.

Hugh's grief and behaviour in part one was understandable - it was like his wife was hit by a bus and he was unprepared. His dating life in part 2 was weak and completely implausible. He has friends he would have pulled through or gotten counseling.

We realy don't know anything about Mary. What is her life like? Does she now miss her family and friends in Jacksonville? Is the romance off now that they are together 24/7 and having to deal with the real world and the scandal that they created. What did Mary say to bf after he embarrassed her in front of her son and drove him away?

I look forward to reading more but am concerned that your story is going to turn into a MM story with the cold abusive wife explaining that she loves her husband only she needs the big dick more.

Thanks for writing and I have my fingers crossed that the future chapters get better.

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
The son has good reason to throw over his mother

The cad who shared her bed blatantly disrespected the son, his father, the mother and he could anticipate this jackhole continuing his methods in front of his wife, his sister and his child. That is the cad's fault.

His mother cannot control the cad, but she could accept or not accept his actions. She accepted them, indicating a lack of respect for the son, herself and the rest of the family. This is the mother's fault. A simple shrug and mild rebuke was likely all it would take...but this was beyond her.

Now, the son could pass this off as a temporary weakness...a woman who was so staggered by what happened that she allowed a man to FONDLE HER IN FRONT OF HER SON...except that she then met his eyes. She was able to look her son in the eye will Studly was pinching her nipple and say, with nary a quaver in her voice that this was and and his actions were what her son had to accept. Deal with it.

So fuck Hugh and fuck the mother. Both are contemptible in their own ways.

Mostera1Mostera1about 12 years ago
As I said

The characters already seemed way out there and with these chapters they left the solar system. I echo what the others have said. How can a mother allow her lover to fondle her in front of her son? How can a father threaten his adult children regarding their now whorish mother?

Unbelievable. St. Hugh? No Stupid Hugh!

Blackmail or midlife or stupidity, this is just out there. I cannot see a reconcile at all. She gives up 36 years just like that, no regrets, remorse, and him, so weak minded???

Well, DQS is a masterful weaver so time will tell, if anyone can clean up this mess he can. It will be a daunting task to bring this back into the realm of believability. Well at least this story will be finished on Lit. Or will it?

Thank you

M1

victoriangentvictoriangentabout 12 years ago
While I view

you as a consumate author and very capable of writing characters that are interesting. What I fail to understand, which seems to be your Trademark, is that most involve a professional woman that is strong willed and goes for what she wants and most always gets it. Then you have the male protagionist that is also a professional, well over the age of majority even into his senior years, a professional also and most always in powerful positions coupled with this strong woman. The male however, seems to always be crying (in this case 57 years old) over the strong woman who chose a younger man. Once he loses her he sits around and cries in his Bloody Marys, then hooks up with another woman but can't seem to let go of his beloved cheating humulitating wife. While the story is interesting and amusing at the same time, I just wonder if the protagionist souldn't consult with a shrink then with his MD about some testostrone treatments or at best a cursory examination for testicals. Please, just for an old man like me, write some masculinity into this story some way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
you know what is the WORST part in this awful story is

the wife. She got away with it.

Scott free.

She had a great marriage ..

found a lover...

made out like a bandit financially

didnt lose her family or kids

clean and easy divorce...

not pain at all ..

oh wait I get the wife was um.... 'tricked'... no wait .. drugged ... now wait aliens from out space forced her

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
MOMMY !!! MOMIEEEEE !

I told you this story was awful and as you can see after part 2 it is just vile cliche driven crap. All aboard the force reconciliation and all cost train

FIRST the GROWN KIDS. The conversation between Hugh and his educated grown sophisticated intelligent professional chidren... now in their late 20s and early 30s is well fucking absurd. Hugh's refusal to tell them what happened is simply unbelievable on so many different levels. It's almost as if DQS has forgotten how educated and professional he has made Hugh's childrens.

Even worse and in another cliche driven overused angle of LW... The children immediately assume that Hugh MUST be the bad guy. And yet that grievous act of injustice by the children... STILL does not piss off or anger Hugh at all .

Thus Hugh admonisheing the children to not bad mouth or even THINK a negative thought about their mother/ wife in this situation would only apply if the chidlren were save 9 to 12 or 15 years old. Reminding adult educated children in there 30s that " she is still your mother "... well its just sad

Hugh and his wife did not separate because they fell out of love. That did not separate because they could not agree on sexual positions or lifestyle changes or retirement plans.

They separated because his wife intentionally became involved with another man behind his back for over four months and intentionally planned to walk out and leave. As I pointed out at the end of part 1 ... The evidence is overwhelming that the wife had planned all of this and her actions to leave the marriage and move in quickly with her boyfriend . The fact that Hugh may have confronted her a few days or weeks early ... before she was ready to make the move... does not change the FACT what the wife did and planned.

SECOND ... the BOBBY character. At the beginning of part 2 Hugh is talking to his friend bobby about what happened in his life and his marriage. about how Bobby took his wife back but that he never really knows if he cant trust his wife...

Gee I wonder where that's going? The fact that Bobby was and is a serial cheater and pussy Hound I am certain wll be forgotten when it is time for DQS to come up with the inevitable reconciliation.

THE CRYING... How pathetic. What a unbelievably weak small blubbering little shit Hugh has become. I am beginning to think the wife had complete justification. It's several months since the separation and divorce ... Hugh is fucking 2 women without engaging even being asked by either of the 2 women if their relationships are serious .

Brittany is a super hot sexy babe with perfect big tits ... and she has a brain. She has Masters in Economic Theory from the University of Chicago and is working on my Doctorate from Florida... and Hugh cannot find anything to to talk her about ?

6 months later he is still crying after having sex?

Like I said DQS has turned into Matt Moreau the wimp

Wonder_OneWonder_Oneabout 12 years ago
Sorry but I love it!

This is DQS1 story! Let him write it.

I have found myself thinking about Hugh and how I would have reacted. The Same? no, but I'm not Hugh. Let the story run, if you don't like write your own.

ohioohioabout 12 years ago
Ah, the commenters on Lit....

They're at it again. He's a wimp, he's too tough, he's too loud, he's too quiet, he cries too much, he doesn't cry enough, he's too hard on her, he's too easy on her....

He got laid way too easy, it took him too long to get laid, he was dishonest with the young bimbo he was screwing, he was too honest with the young bimbo he was screwing, he's gotten over Mary too fast, he hasn't gotten over Mary fast enough....

If all the creative energy that goes into slamming DQS's stories went into people writing their own, just imagine how many more good tales we might have to read?

Keep it up, please, DQS. But I hope you'll post them faster than once a week!

Thanks, ohio

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
The Writing Was Smooth & Flowing

But the characters & storyline are no longer compelling or intriguing...just spinning the wheels here.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
Try again Ohio

He's a wimp... yes he is

he's too toug ... no one has said that

he's too loud... no one has said that ,

he's too quiet...., no one has said that

he cries too much..... no one has said that

he doesn't cry enough..., no one has said that

he's too hard on her,.... no one has said that

he's too easy on her.... no one has said that

He got laid way too easy, ... no one has said that

it took him too long to get laid... no one has said that

he was dishonest with the young bimbo he was screwing,... no one has said that

he was too honest with the young bimbo he was screwing... no one has said that

he's gotten over Mary too fast... no one has said that

he hasn't gotten over Mary fast enough.... no one has said that

out of 14 statements you got 1 right.

DWHenryDWHenryabout 12 years ago
Thank you

For the Author's notes, WWWM was a great story G&S is new and leaving me to guess where it is heading?

Thank you for the change maybe they could join together sometime.

Don

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I like it so far......

I hope you finish the story though. The only thing worse than a bad story, is a good story with no ending.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Well

Now that we have ch. 2 done. we have a basic outline The question for the future is whether this will be interesting enough to want to continue tracking. I withhold judgement for now. We'll see...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Ohio, you hit the nail square on the head

I will never understand, instead of appreciating that DQS spend hours writing another story for our entertainment, there are so many who bash his effort. Given the rash of trash stories posted in loving wives lately, this one is like a breath of fresh air.

I read for entertainment only and damn if I will impose my personal biases on an author that writes "free" entertainment. Yes free, that point was made very clear to me by an outstanding romance writer "PennLady." I wonder how many of you realize how much time and effort is required to actually think up and write a story? Think about that before posting non-constructive remarks. DQS thanks for the entertainment, much appreciated. ML

dinkymacdinkymacabout 12 years ago
Well, I for one

appreciate your efforts and thank you for sharing a fine story with us.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
I pray............

1. THERE IS DIFFERENT BETWEEN CLUELESS AND WILLING CUCKOLDS. HE WAS CLUELESS.

2. After long marriage it is difficult manege the life for a BETRAYED spouse, it does not matter husband or wife is the spouse. He has not been after her betrayal. We are not same people.

3. I am not religiose, but I pray this Author does not write any reconcilation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Definitions as in Euclides

BTW A husband gets his divorce certificate from that event he is not CUCKOLD at all. Clueles, unwilling or willing cuckold only husband in marriage there is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
wrap around characters

Hey I kinda like how characters from other of your stories show up now and then. I mean they do live in the same general area. Keep up the excellant worki!!

tastesgreattastesgreatabout 12 years ago
I think we all can agree

that Mary is a very low form of life. She leaves her husband and happy marriage after starting a fling with a man nearly her son's age. She then allows the stud to feel her up in front of her son - what a mom! I don't blame the son at all for his reaction. She was acting like a slut, not a mom. I am totally taken aback by the fathers reaction to the son's story about his meeting with mom. Had the son had any balls he should have fled saying hope you have a great life without any of us. Mom doesn't deserve any respect if she acts that way in front of her son. Will she show the same sluttishness when her grandchildren come to visit? Who needs her! And for that matter who needs wimpy Hugh?

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 12 years ago
Concur with Sid43

Mary's failure to prepare her son while taking him to her paramour's apartment (then allowing said slime-wad to fondle her in front of son) is odd. (She DIDN'T have to take him there!) Dom is a good guess, closet Sub is more difficult to swallow - but other explanations for her behavior are also suspect, such as slime-wad secretly-induced heroin-dependence. I am, however, SURE that DQS will (did) write his (Mary's) way out of this, along with all the other messes. Waiting with bait (sic) breath!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Piqued my interest

A master storyteller has begun a new series. Thank you DQS for your entertaining stories. You're barely out of the starting gate and the amateur critics are already up in arms. Thanks for the unexpected twist and turns and your skill at creating visceral emotions in all of us just by reading your prose.

Just don't repost Chapter 2 next week! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
eventhough

he is an excellent writer, I detect 2 major mistakes so far in every story with more than one chapter.

1) of course I understand that you have to make a build-up in a story but here it starts like in wwwm. maybe on page 789 we get the first hint what started it. and again it looks rather like a superficial never ending story where nobody ever has a clue what's going on and why. with excess length chapters that gives you nothing at all. for example this one. why ? of course, you will agree, no human beeing can just go on after 36 years of marriage from one day to the other, besides he would have Alzheimer's disease . So what kind of news is he telling us here in Pt.2 really ?

exactly, nothing at all, but in a brilliant way. My guess DanielQSteele1 is a succesful politician :-) . just joking, but my problem is, even a good novelist sees that shit can't go on for a lifetime and he knows he should not be writing science fiction to keep the reader reading. also I don't wanna know every detail from clothing in the morning to brushing his teeth in the evening. and why the fuck this poor guy has to start dating at all, or so quick after the break up ? I for sure had enough for a wile of female companionship after breaking up only after 3 years. But I was for sure not dead sad for to long but my trust in women needed some time to heal. so again the last thing this guy would do is fucking the blonde bimbo who fucks everything with a tail who resembles for him to much his own wife.

2) as much as I like to read his chapters, I don't know if I should. Instead of at least end it some how so that not everything goes down the toilet, he tells us that the problem is literotica and that he had already finshed the next 989 chapters.

So will this story be the same ? first of all never ending and second never finished here ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Interesting and excellent

DQS,

I don't mind the references to WWWM, although at my age I have forgotten some of the details which does bug me. :) You have painted Mary in a very interesting light which of course leads to all sorts of speculation. My personal one is that she did to her son what she did because she wanted to drive him away due to her guilt. If that turns out to be so, the irony is that Hugh forcing the son to reconnect to his Mom will end up being his punishment of Mary. Who knows I could be right for once.

Look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
married 36 yrs

Mary is a faithful, happy long-time wife, yea with a younger man

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
save us.

Please no more wwwm crap, it was fun at first but got long in the tooth way to soon dont turn this one into the same. no wait, like in Robert Jordan I once I would probably be dead before the man got the story done, but He died instead, dont draw this out Please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I loved WWWM

And I anticipated this Thursday as being a great one one with stories again by my two favorite authors. I decided to read SS06's new story first because StangStar himself often says DQS1 is the best writer here. I did like this one although I have to admit I'm beginning to like having the whole thing at once instead of many little pieces. After reading both I hate to admit this but I'm thinking more about the other piece. This one is filled as usual with DQS's trademark descriptions and it seduces you into feeling like there's magic in the air, but ultimately there's not a lot going on.

I hope the next part reveals more of the story. And I'm beginning to worry. You originally said there'd be 6 parts on SOL you posted this as chapters 3&4 so are we almost done, or are these just chapters of part 1. It's a good story so far, but where are we in it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Peter should have said I guess if I'm losing a cheating whore mother and a pathetic wimpy dad I'm really not losing much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
not so good

long marriage,wife finds younger man,wife leaves, husband cries,son stand by him,he shoots son down to do the right thing, misses cheating wife after she does a sick number on him.dg1 are you writing another cuckhold story.I CANNOT FORGIVE A WOMEN WHO would do that to me, i would want some payback, he is being so kind i want to puke.

looking4itlooking4itabout 12 years ago
Well

Your female protagonists are definitely "sisters in character." This has all makings of WWWM with the exception of how the lead male character is treated by family and friends. Will it be never ending as well?

RePhilRePhilabout 12 years ago
Great and Unique story

I am withholding judgement on Hugh having a backbone or not. I'm too familiar with your stories and style to jump to that conclusion this early. Once again your pen makes Friends and Fiends

BriteaseBriteaseabout 12 years ago
welcome back

A different level!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Other than resident morons like HIV and duna

The comments indicate what is best about this author - people want to read more to find out what happens next. Difficult in any genre to maintain suspense but DQS manages to keep his readers wondering. My guess is the new man is some kind of Dom but who knows!

john1946john1946about 12 years ago
WHatever

Either way, its a good story, well told. I like the older man thing and think you are doing it very well and I do not ses WWWM in it. Yes, same theme but a whole different story and reaction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
You Are Good

You develop characters, build suspense with the plot, cause us to argue with the participant's actions, make us question what our own responses would be to what takes place in the plot. I will read every opportunity that DQS1 gives me.

D_l_k_

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
expose'

DQS has told us all we need to know about the new guy. He humiliated a middle aged woman in front of her son. What's he going to do next? Put nude photos of her on the internet?

Is there any way these two can reconcile? Can't see it. The long term loving marriage they once shared has been completely stained.

Keep on going, I look forward to following chapters.

Woodbine68

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 12 years ago
Wimp factor is getting larger

Hugh really acts more as would an abused woman, not a man. Not sure how this will sort out, but Hugh needs to grow some cojones. Well-written but plot is hard to swallow, and not very many characters to like so far. Thanks for writing.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
Uhhhh.............

WTF is with the behavior of the asshole boyfriend with groping mom's breast while her son is visiting for the first time since getting word of the divorce? Who acts like that? What 57 year old mother who isn't completely out of her mind is going to tolerate that? Absurd. I'm not necessarily part of the 'reality police', and DQS stories often have over-the-top elements in them; it's part of what makes a story a DQS story. However, unless DQS is bringing the story into a weird direction of coercion or some sort of BDSM relationship or whatever, it makes no fucking sense to have that element in this story.

This installment failed to give much more insight into hubby. From the two installments, we know he is successful. I'm not sure why, other than some cryptic references to his being a trouble-shooter, but I haven't seen much in the way of focus, intelligence, resourcefullness, determination or confidence so far (except to stand up to his son in re: his ex-wife). In fact, he seems rather weak and pitiful thus far. We know he loves his wife/ex-wife. Where is the man who rose to a high position in a powerful bank for his troubleshooting abilities? Where is the man who stole his wife from the man who had been her near-fiance? All I have seen is a whiney, weak, capitulating man who takes solace in a bottle every chance he gets. Why are women into him? His lack of confidence is apparently not well-founded when it comes to his sexual abilities, but perhaps it is well-founded when it comes to his basic manhood. I would like to like this guy, but....

I thought after the first installment that the wife needed/wanted the hubby to 'win' her back from the seducer, who seems to have a preternatural hold on her. This installment, with the bizarre account of the asshole's behavior with the ex-wife in the front of her son, reinforces that belief.

I'm still interested and reading, though now less to cheer for hubby and more to understand what the hell is going on with wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
cuck factor also getting larger

closet cuck factor that is, cockless wonders already crying like bitches because not enough hurt has been heaped on the wifey - sad state when ex-wives have bigger balls than average closet cuck commenters, gutless pukes.

cr6373gpcr6373gpabout 12 years ago
He's Back

WTG DQS.Another great story.hope we don't have to wait long for chapters to arrive.Love it so far.

StangStar06StangStar06about 12 years ago
We're getting deeper into the story now

And it's still great. In this chapter we found out more about him. I think that he's still in shock over what happened to him and we're going to see him snap back to normal and be far more decisive. I'm also expecting to see the wife get what's coming to her. Great job so far. As has been said before. It's his story let him write it.

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
Why should that be, Stang?

The only bad thing that happens to ex wives in DQS stories is a sense of regret for a lost love...usually while they are banging someone else with a bigger cock. All the while, they spend a good deal of time rubbing their husbands (or in this case, son's) nose in their blatant infidelity.

Realistic? Maybe. Satisfying? Eh. A tale well told is it's own reward.

Just a heads up, DQS. My daughter is graduating Middle School at the beginning of June. Will I or won't I be finished with the story by then? Just so I can put it in my dayplanner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Efforts

Ignore the idots who post comments that belittle your stories. You write what you see, it is to the reader to enjoy or move to a different one. I enjoy your writting and will continue to read until I no longer enjoy it. The readers should only post what they like and dislike and offer suggests for improvement, not belittle the writer for his efforts. I never normally read the postings but the stupidity and hate that some idots have placed on your's is not justified. Thank you for effort and time that you spend in order that others may have enjoyment.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1about 12 years agoAuthor
GHOSTS - It will be out in 2012!!

FD45---just joking. For the benefit of anybody I confused, Ghosts will be published in six parts or segments, each part consisting of two chapters. Part one had chapters 1 and 2, part two had chapters 3 and 4, part three will have chapters 5 and 6, etc. Chapter 12 will be the last chapter. Part 3 (chapters 5 & 6) has already been submitted to LIT and I expect Part 4 will be submitted by early next week. Which means, if my arithmetic is correct, Part 6 and THE END should post sometime around April 20 or a little after...about two more weeks. By the end of April at the latest. I am trying to key the posting of the sections on SOL to the same timetable to have them come out around the same time. Anyway, since this is a free shot to talk to readers, let me apologize again for the confusion around the opening of the story. And let me repeat that although I'm flattered by readers comparisons of Hugh Davidison to Bill Maitland and "Ghosts" to "WWWM", there's no way to compare the two. If you expect the second coming of WWWM, you're going to be disappointed. I really do think there is enough to "Ghosts" and to the story of Hugh and Mary, that most readers won't be disappointed at the end. Surprised, but not disappointed. You might not LIKE the ending, but I hope I'll have given you a good ride.

dqs

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

1. The husband is not wimp, only after 36 years marriage is difficult to manage a new life. To say his son to be connection with his mother is also not whimp thing. A parent MUST SAY TO HIS/HER CHILDREN NOT TO BE ANGRY WITH THE OTHER PARENT AGAINST HIS/HER PAIN. His son is not young he can decide on this situation alone (his daughter do it same) and he or she can apreciate their parents behavior.

2. Once more I hope this Author will not write any reconcilation. I like very much those stories where the betrayed husbands finds new life with new women...........

harbormaster1harbormaster1about 12 years ago
BRAVO

You and nakdsub make this site G R E A T....keep up the good work...Love First Coast Stories ...I retired here (NE FL) from Chi Town...a group of old fogeys read Lit every day and discuss the stories..keeps us young...beats talking about Nam....now that was 45+ years ago......where do the years go? Catching your work on the Pay Book site WWWM better then ever

arincharinchabout 12 years ago
So Far

The hero is weak and pathetic. Will he somehow attain salvation, given he has a propensity to appear at least to his family as a martyr? Probably not as he has already sunk to lower levels in his relationships with the opposite sex. He is now an unrepentant user.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
You know its bad

When the author has to keep coming on and defend his story.....

killerwhale681killerwhale681about 12 years ago
Just read Chapters 5 & 6

I've been a long time fan of DQS, and so I'll go for the ride. Hugh really isn't that nice of a Guy when U read 5 and 6. Kinda has a strange feel to the story, but time will tell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Oh man....

come on, get over it. Your wife's a whore and you're a total loser. Your son had it right, any mother that would let some asshole fondle her breast in front of him is not a mother that any respecting son should stay in contact with.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 12 years ago
Don't look for too happy an ending.

On SOL, the story is half done and is very well written. The characters are bigger than life, but it's still a very good read. Interestingly, the story is in the "Broken Hearts" universe in SOL and there are not many happy enedings in that world. Don't expect too much. What heals a broken heart? A new woman?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
STIR THE POT

Harry........I think somehow you're in here to just to get under peoples skin. Sort of like the person that stands too close at a cash register, or the idiot at an event who is sure THEY are the sole expert on the matter at hand. You show a little insight ...at times......, but what a dick.

Maybe that's your fun or the idea of what you do. Who knows. You are one of the all time volume commentors.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
He is giving up

I read the next chapters on SOL. Unfortunately the main character is giving up to find other mate, so either a RAAC or loneliness will be in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

this story makes me yawn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I to am losing interest

The first part begged the question WHY and demanded that I keep reading to find out Mary’s reasons. The second part was a disappointment, I kept asking myself what’s this all about. The third part categorised as ”romance” on SOL convinced me that no reconciliation was possible and Hugh would now find a replacement for Mary “the romance”. Will keep reading to the end hoping I am wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

TSo the new guy just grabbed Mary's breast in front of her son and she did nothing. Really hope Mary finds out that the grass isn't greener on the other side because that's straight up wrong.

And poor Hugh. I so want a happy ending for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Waiting

Waiting for chapters 5&6, read it's on SOL already, what is SOL anyway so I can read it now, good story, just wish they would post faster,

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
CHAPTER 5 & 6 are AWFUL -- truly vile !!!

Its Nothing but massive humilation upon humiliation upon Hugh the worlds biggest pussy. In chapter 4 and 6 his daughter asks him to try and contact wife/ mother.

WHY High agrees to this after 2 years of No contact the author doesnt explain. Hugh tries and tries and Tries and tries... Humilates himself time after time after time !!!

Hugh actually writes a nasty email to the wife's law firm thru the Public wife site... filled filled curse words screaming ranting and raving . Now keep in mind Hugh is SUPPOSE to be this distinguished banker..

Yet through it all... Hugh NEVER ever tells the daughter how awful Mary is treating him.

Even worse the daughter never asks...." say dady have you tried contacting Mom ? ..."

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
What bothers me is that you kinda like the protagonist, simply because he is the protagonist.

Although the guy is a total asshole. Sorry but he had it coming a long time what happened to him.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
WOW count2three

the slut cheats on him after 36 years of marriage, she leave, moves in with her lover and he's the asshole. Maybe you need to look in the mirror and see if you still have any balls left.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
MORE GHOSTS, MORE EZ RIDERS

and none to talk with, TK U MLJ LV NV

firas01firas01over 11 years ago
not sure about that

when a woman and a mother cheats, she is cheating her whole family not only her husband, and the same goes to husbands as well, so being noble and forcing the son to accept her bad choice is kind of stupid if you allow me to say that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

he gave choice to his wife so why cant he give his son choice so he can do anything he want

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

You ruined it by having him get mad at his son for protecting the family! This guy is a fucking retard and I'm done reading this bullshit! I can't believe you actually wrote it that way with the son! You just lost a reader and i liked your work too!!!

catphan8catphan8over 11 years ago

I'm sorry but you messed up by having him treat his son that way! I'm done with this story now! Highly disappointed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

agree with catphan8

potsherdpotsherdalmost 11 years ago
Sorry - can't agree

Can't agree that he was wrong to try to reconcile his son with his mother. Trying to limit the ripples of misery and repair some of the damage can't be anything but right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
The son will only have one mpother -

While he was a bit harsh - why he did it is just right - she screwed him not the kids - she is and remains their only mother - there is no evidence that she does not love them or that she mistreated them in any way.

He wan\ts this children separate from his grief with her - I think it is right and necessary.

The story is moving well - but I fear it has bumps - more bumps - down the road, maybe when she wakes up??

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Its amusing to read the comments, far more interesting than the story.

This guy feels far too sorry for himself. If there were a category for weepers then he would fit right in. I feel mean saying this but the story is boring and shit full of self pity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
son

Frankly, I applauded the son. To have his mother act the slut right in front of him and her asshole of a lover to show his complete lack of class by grabbing her tit, got the response it deserved. I believe, had it been my mother, I would have put the prick on his back. Dad if that's the way you want it . So be it. But I will not apologize and I will have no contact with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
writer as a man i try to understand,but you act like a retard

your wife drop hubby and kids for a another man.hubby take up for tramp and scumbag.are so female you can see the tree for the forrest.wake the fuck up and get real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This sentence pissed me off

"You just lost your father and mother. I think you're going to be lonely."

That's called emotional blackmail and shows just how much an asshole this guy is to the people he supposedly loves. His son is a grown man and if he doesn't wish to see his mother again then that's his choice. Hugh can disagree and try to change his son's mind but the decision is NOT his to make. The author needs to do more work on personalities because his son is a doctor and needs to have a strong will for a job like that and a strong willed individual will not put up with ultimatums like that. And that is from personal experience, I've not talked to my father in 15 years now. Yeah, it was a bad choice of words.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
This Guy is a Moron

Now he deserves whatever he gets. You don't cut off your children because they are mad their mother is cheating and want nothing to do with her. Stop with the holier than thou attitude that what happened is between your mother and me and you don't need to know she was cheating for a year. Fascinating. Spineless when he should have a spine - prickly and sanctimonious when he shouldn't. Heading straight for the asshole hall of fame. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
if I've lost my mother and father

it's because they are too stupid to have me.

few authors can write about non wimps.. so far this isn't those authors.

but 3 stars,,,,hoping the wimp will be able to unwimp

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
That Commenter is a Moron

Lucky thing closet cucks can't have kids, hate to see the brood those morons would raise.

Heavy-handed maybe, but gramps was right to insist the fam stays in touch with grammy.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@TMSPTGR3

I'm with you!

NOBODY is that noble!

MAYBE he would try to encourage them to maintain a relationship with their mother, but if they refused he would accept it, and silently say, "YES!"

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
I've been in his position with the kids

I wish I had taken his stance. Many years later it is still ugly.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
So well done!

Is the author setting us up for RAAC or him FINALLY moving on. How about with Gail?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fuck Hugh and his holier-than-thou attitude

That useless ass doesn't get to tell his ADULT son to play nice-nice with a useless, cheating bitch. Had I been Peter, I would have disowned BOTH my useless parents at that point.

The bitch dishonored her vows and her marriage. She cheated and lied. Of COURSE Peter didn't want her around his own children.

Useless pussies without honor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Doesn't make sense

Tell your kids the divorce has nothing to do with them. Check.

Suggest son not to give up his relationship with mom. Check.

Threaten to never speak to son again if he doesn't speak to his mother and ignore her blatant slutty behavior? NNNNNNNGGGG. Try again. Not even remotely realistic.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
he is the "problem solver"

the go to guy when something needs to be fixed

but he is unable to deal with his own issues?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Lost Me

He lost me when he told his son had to love his mother because she was his mother.

I cringe every time I hear or read this asinine statement. There are mothers in this

world that are not worthy of the price of the bullet it would take to put them out of

every one else's misery. How does anybody become so arrogant as to insist

someone "must" love someone else only because of a birth connection?

Minor point to most folks, maybe, but "deal-breaker" for me.

1 star

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Second time through...

The character development and emotional authenticity is simply phenomenal. Still love it.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Crap

Your male protagonist is a sanctimonious self-flagellating asshole who is unbelieveable as a character and human being. 1*

begoniajoebegoniajoeover 7 years ago
Cheats

If mum or dad cheats it is not just on each other but on the children as well. Children have the right to hate the cheater.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous