All Comments on 'Ghosts & Shadows Pt. 01'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 108 Comments
rijubhairijubhaiabout 12 years ago
Thank you DQS1

You have set the pace for this series wonderfully and, like all your other stories here, I am hooked! I look forward to see how you unravel the reason for the (deluded?) wife to throw away 36 years. Most of all though, I eagerly await how the lead character deals with this devastating blow. The words you spin are magic; please continue to spellbind us.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
I never thought I'd say this but : please set up a pay site !

The aggravation of waiting is just too much . Louis C.K. The hottest comic in the business has one where you can download some of his work for 5 dollars. Could you adress on Twitter the confusion about the WWWM downloads available & delineate between the sequel & version already on this site. I LOVE your writing but your business model is shakey so far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thanks but no thanks.

I read the first two chapters and found them excellent . THENNNNNNNN

You intend to post the rest of a supposedly completed story one chapter

PER WEEK. Give me a break and keep your story. I'm done with DQS1.

You are an excellent writer but seem to have become a tad to much of a

Primadonna.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

On the SOL I have read the second part. I hope the writer will not write any reconcilation at all. I like the new mate stories........BTW 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

That albanian asshole duna gets his knickers in a twist if a good writer writes his own damn story: here is an idea shithead - write your own fucking story and it can end any way you damn please, fuck off from this one and let DQS end it however the hell he wants.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Duna really is a grade A fuckin asshole. Go cluster fuck with your closet cucks Duna.

This story is so full of plot holes it's embarrasing, It's a fucking yawn already. Plus he's a cuck wimp etc.

Add something stylish, or witty for fuck's sake to this formulaic drivel. And stop teasing.. i can't wait for the next chapter..yaaaawn.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 12 years ago
I have read the first two chapters.

I have given this all some thought. I suppose there really are women that, while they are safe and secure and intelligent, they might go off the deep end for some strange cock. It all seems unlikely without chemical, hormonal, or mental issues, or all three. We always assume other people are sane until they do something really crazy. Well this wife is really crazy. For a woman to be 12 years older than a lover at 30 or 40 is not unlikely. However, 57 is a big jump for a guy that is 45. Her prime is behind her and he normally would be looking for a woman 12 years his junior. The wife plays this badly, at the very least. It is likely she never intended to leave hubby, except he found out that she was cheating. With no apparent options, she fled.

The next odd plot devise, for me, is that hubby begins to date and have sex and after a few months feels sadder than ever because, even though he has been well laid, he has not been able to replace the wife in his heart. A smart guy that is high up in a good bank would not expect to find a lasting love that quickly. Nor would he expect that sex with women would be likely to lead to love. When we hit 57 and have been around the block, we men can separate the two (sex and love). Sex is great when you get it, but it has very little to do with finding a suitable companion for the golden years. Our hero seems to feel that if he screws a woman, he should learn to love her. That seems odd to me. Our hero also seems just too kind (saintly?) to be true when his son goes off on the errant wife and mother. I am also a bit unhappy with the time frame offered by Q when he has the story already written, but it's his bat and ball. We can play his game, or not play at all.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

@ Dear Anons your female pitbuls refused the sex with you last night and bite your. I understand your angry offender personalities. Try other female dogs.

BTW I have read the 3d and 3th chapters on SOL (storiesonline.net) and good.

Mostera1Mostera1about 12 years ago
I don't know

The story line seems a little implausible to me. The wife's character is not logical, and the husband is as another has said, 'to saintly'. While I can understand marriages breaking up after a long time, this seemed rather abrupt. She was too willing to throw it away. Almost like she was protecting him from some one or something. One would think after 36 years communication would not be an issue, even if she is being blackmailed, etc.

I have read the next chapter on another site, both of their behaviors are very bizarre at least to me even in that chapter.

DQS is a weaver of excellent stories, so I will wait and see how this pan's out, and I dearly love good, plausible twists. The operative words are good and plausible.

We shall see.

Thank you,

M1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
dipshit duna clucking about animals again?

please fuck off with that shit you nutcase, outside of your homeland of Albania or wherever noone wants to hear about your fetish for fucking animals. Go back to making a couple dozen comments per Stang story fuckwit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Crazy commenters usually don't bother me.

However, duna is really starting to get on my last nerve. Why can't he limit himself to one incoherent post per story like a normal person?

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Why do not discuss about the stories, the stories

@ Dear offender Anons. If you do not injure other posters as me and OTHER POSTER BUDDIES I would be polite with you and I would be less comments.

BTW look at The Troubador's "Wife Getting Caught" or Lucksmith "Let the Punishment Fit the Crime". You will get similar MANY COMMENTS FROM ME AS AT SOME SS06's STORIES !!!!

TRY TO UNDERSTAND THOSE 2 STORIES' MEAT AND TRY TO LIKE HUMOR.

DWHenryDWHenryabout 12 years ago
Thanks for coming back on

I will look forward to the next chapters.

Don

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
LEARNING TO RESPECT READERS

Dear DQS.: Your J&H personality is really well suited for discouraging readers to become members of your loyal fan base. One would think that you would have learned something from readers’ comments on WWWM, but the plot holes pointed out by others, and the decision to post parts weekly indicate that you only pay attention to one drummer (YOU!). The only good thing is that the soon to be ex-wife is not described as having BIG TITS, as in WWWM; a 57 year old woman with big tits would not play well, HUH? PLEASE DON’T DESCRIBE HER AS HAVING A GOLDEN SNAPPING PUSSY AND/OR ASS. MY SCORE: IS ONE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Gotta tell ya folks this turns out to be a pretty bad story

I have read the others chapters and the husband looks very weak and wimpy.

More than a year later after the divorce he is actually crying... and the wife walks away scott free

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Gotta tell ya cucks this turns out to be a well written story

But writing quality does not matter: all that matters is how much hurt is heaped upon a woman and really, is there ever enough? Virtually unreadable garbage is 5* if some woman dies in poverty from AIDS. Stay in the closet though cuckies, otherwise someone will stomp your scared little asses.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
Yeah This one is pretty bad' cliche driven crap

HDK analysis.. where he argues or suggest the wife did NOT plan this... is shallow and pathetic.

When initially confronted by his suspicions the wife came up with excuse after excuse after well crafted excuse. Then within a week of the breakup she

1 moved in to her lover's place in Chicago ...

2) she is cleaned out all of her things/ items of value that she wanted from their marital home.... in a few hours.... after 30 + years of marriage !!!

3) already change her name back to her maiden name.

4) has this amazing the settlement drawn up.

5) asks him to NEVER ever contact her in anywya for the rest of her life

If you think that such actions are indicative of someone acting on the fly or making this up as they go on.. then you may be the stupidest person on the planet.

But it gets worse. WHERE ARE THE CHIDREN? By the end of chapter 2 ...inf my calculations are correct it has been 2 weeks since she admitted that she is in love with another man and Wanted to end the marriage. Where are the children? Supposedly they are highly educated fully grown with lives and incomes of their own and he has not told them what's happening?

Guess what happens however in chapter 3 and 4 when they find out that mom and dad are divorcing? Guess who gets the blame??? And Guess will not tell them what happened ... who cheated who fell in love with another persos and who fieled for divorce first ?

Like I say this is story is cliche driven crap. Even after the children finally find out what actually happened and thet get furious with their Mom ... er Mr. Saint the husband and admonishes them not to be too upset with their mom .

Yawn.. another cliche . But wait it gets worse!

Eventually more than six months after the divorce and separation Mr. Saint the husband ... is set up to meet some much younger and amazingly hot sexy woman who is brilliantly educated and extremely sophisticated. So how does our mr wimp the saint react? He starts crying and bawling like a baby in front of the super hot women...

The husband comes acorss as so pathetic and so spineless that is Just ruins it . I mean he is actually Crying for God' sake after having the greatest most perfect sexual experience with the highest woman he has ever fucked in his entire life !

And through it all the wife feels no consequences and no pain whatsoever.

NONE. zip.... DQS has become Matt Moreau

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
just ignore duna's babbling

The guy is basically DWmoronic except from Afghanistan, just ignore the idiot.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
Not sure why this had to be re-posted...

Nevertheless, the story is very well-written from an emotional standpoint. DQS can pull the strings as well as any writer on this site.

Having only read this first submission, I am left hanging because there is a definite mystery element to it-how does a heretofore faithful wife of 35 (!) or so years who has a soul-mate husband who is good looking, successful and sexually able suddenly make off with a different dude? What is this crap about trying to resist but not being able to, etc.? Why is the wife so angry at the hubby, when it was she who cheated, not him?

DQS will occasionally throw in a few red herrings. I previously commented (to the first release of this tale) that the wife probably made off like a bat out of hell and was seeking the abrupt and total end of her relationship with hubby because he made it clear that he couldn't forgive and that he wanted a divorce. Their conversation from before they got engaged included his promise that he would never leave her, no matter what. So, perhaps she is angry that he would give up on her after her affair. Who knows? I guess we will find out.

What DQS is also famous for (besides big dicks and big tits) is the women in his stories just saying too damn much, and too hurtful of things to the men they love. I mean, the hubby confronts her and demands/begs for her to come clean. And so she does: in spades. He didn't really need to hear that you think about the other guy while making love to him, lady. Know what I mean? Same kind of thing in the great story 'Separate Vacations' when the ex-wife tells ex-hubby that her big-dicked lover (after the divorce) reached places ex-hubby never did, was great in bed, etc., etc. I mean, talk about rubbing salt in an already painful wound.

I found the confession that she might love the other guy to be startling. Everything about the wife suggested that she really loved hubby, but perhaps fell under the spell of an exceptionally attractive, charming seducer with whom she had undeniable chemistry and who could really ring her chimes in bed. I thought that she would have chosed hubby over the other man if put to it. I never thought love would really come into it. So, that is another mystery of sorts to work out.

I could also make the observation that a successful, presumably good-looking 45-year-old man, who is charming and a sexual dynamo (I assume the other guy is good looking guy and can get the job done between the sheets, otherwise why would the wife do this?) would be unlikely to leave his wife and kids to pursue a 57 year old woman. But, I just saw photos of Christie Brinkley this morning, and that is one 57-year-old woman who could put lead into anybody's pencil. So, I'll just conjure up her image and then this wife being the target of that assshole's seduction seems to make a lot more sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

You really like to write wimpy husbands don't you? Which means you are one and enjoy having your wife fuck around on you, though I don't agree with the comment saying you need to listen to your readers, you do to some extent, though if it was a novel they bought, they'd have no choice, but either read it or give up if they don't like it. Yet again you are writing a story with verbal diarrhea that is going to end up being like WWWM because either you don't like the readers comments or you just can' be bothered to finish a story, this really has no substance what so ever, just a cuck story where the wife gets away with having younger lover, she doesn't give a damn about her husband or her family, so grow some balls and have him get revenge on the cheating slut. This isn't worth rating.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

@ Harry on SOL (storiesonline.net) I have read 3d and 4th chapters and the children will know everything.

ohioohioabout 12 years ago
Ah, the haters!

As always, "Loving Wives" is where they hang out.

DQS is one hell of a story-teller. I don't for the life of me understand why other people feel the need to tell him his business, or why he's wrong about how his own characters have acted or should act. Let them write their own stories!

I don't mean that people shouldn't have opinions, and feel free to express them--but all this rage! All this over-the-top contempt! Give it a rest....

I'm with HDK, though, that it would be nice if we could see the new installments faster than once a week. Come on, DQS, you've got us all hooked! Please?

Thanks, ohio

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Interesting Story

but while I found the wife`s behaviour strange, it seems to just be more fuel on the fire.... I have to agree that if the story is complete I do not see any reason to string it out over weeks--- but it is nice that it will be showing up a month from now.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 12 years ago
Disappointing not to have more chapters by now

And I agree with others -- hubby seems to be expressing the wimp gene once again. I guess I'll need to look at SOL to see what's next. Good writing but the spaced out episodes detract from the quality, since many readers will forget details of what has already come to pass, necessitating a reread of prior chapters

jasonnhjasonnhabout 12 years ago
Hard to tell

... where this is going. DQS likes to develop quirky characters. The story unfolds around them in unusual ways. Mary did what she did and I would guess that there are some people that would act like that. All cheating LW stories have start with a woman doing something you wouldn't expect from a LW. Yes, it is rather sudden after a long happy marriage but having been discovered, wanting out quickly isn't that surprising.

Hugh so far is unpalatable. He gets drunk for a week. He mopes around and breaks down and cries. He works at the bank (snore). Sure, there are people like that but they are not interesting characters for a story. He has a bunch of younger women that are snuggling up to him and all he can do is cry and be pathetic? He pushes them away because they are too young. Jeez, he isn't setting up house with them, just go to bed, have some fun with the willing young lady, and live your life. How hard is that?

We also have the rich and loose Gail. Will she play into this? How?

So I'm willing to let the story grow a bit but the lead character is going to have to make quite a recovery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
what happened?

can't see any chance of her regretting her actions, or any hope of reconcilliation. Whaaaat the hell happened?

Woodbine68

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Not voting, witholding judgement

We will see how this unfolds. DQS is an amazing writer who has a predilection to not finish, and to drag the process.

His writing, quite frankly is as good as it gets on this an other sites of its ilk, but... well we will see if he drags this out for ego satifaction or actually writes a story with a beginning a middle and an end. That is what they taught us in both jounralism and basic writing, correct DQS??

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
He can write a full story

He can even write a break up, a reconcilliation, and things inbetween.

And (I've actually seen it folks) he can write a story in ONE SUBMISSION! (I know I've strained my credibility here).

I wanted to refrain from commenting on part two, not even bothered posted here yet...but everyone else already is.

But the actions of the Lothario with the wife in chapter two beggers belief IMO. Not that he wouldn't feel that way ("Nah nah, I got your grandma...I mean girl...") but that this self confident, strong, supposedly smart grandma...er...woman would allow him to act that way in front of her son is...gobsmackingly incredible.

Her fucking self confidence must have driven off a pier, but what does she have left?

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 12 years ago
I don't understand the why the need for the re-post

Like I have said before, DSQ has a way with writing and making his characers seem so real and the storyline so believable.

A great start, and I look forward to reading the rest of this good story.

Thanks for the good read.

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesabout 12 years ago
Well since this is DQS

Im guessing it will all be blamed on the husband who will loose his balls if he ever had a pair and forgive the cheating slut. Sorry DQSIM your writing is great but you have a tendency of putting extremely weak male characters in your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Who is Mary?

We are told that they have been together for nearly 40 years and happily married for 36 years. They love each other and have raised 2 children and are grandparents of 2. Mary confesses to phone sex and her husband forgives her immediately without reservation despite the creepy scenario. Mary promises her husband that it will never happen again. This is the Mary who initially turns down his proposal because she fears he might leave her for another and it would kill her. Fast forward and she first denies and accuses Hugh of being paranoid then confesses without apology and tells him that she thinks of the lover while they are together and isn't sure if she loves him.

After this shock, Hugh collects himself and says thanks for 36 years good luck, I hope your happy and she does nothing! She sends her lawyer and says don't contact me I don't want anything to do with you. She is the guilty party. He is living her nightmare. I can't imagine a nastier person. We don't know anything about her but that Hugh thinks she is hot, everyone believed that they were happy together and she doesn't seem to think about anyone but herself. Would she care if Hugh killed himself after the revelation? She is worse than Debbie in WWWM because she is the one who strayed without reason. Hugh was the loyal devoted husband who worshiped her.

Is rubbing erections against married women a Jacksonville mannerism? I hope you can rehabilitate or explain Mary. Is she bipolar? Have a tumor on her brain?

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
Tough one.

One should like the protagonist but there is the little fact that he has gotten his wife by making her cheat on her fiance. Which brings me to the next point: she is obviously less then honest, hard to believe it took her 36 years to cheat again.

Also something smells fishy about all this expedite thing. I would sic a few investigators after her and find out whats going on. People dont normally blow away money if they dont have really good reasons. And to spare him cannot be the reason here because she puts pressure on him that way ... hm, curious.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Damn!

This is cold on her part, and devastating to him. I'm looking for healing down the road here. Well written, DQS. I'm totally involved.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
GHOST RIDERS AND WRITERS

do the sky and talk about it. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Just garbage.

Sorry DQ, but this is well below your usual skill. I never thought that I would ever vote 1* to one of DQ story,but here it is. Shame.

RTnTNRTnTNalmost 12 years ago
Thanks again, Mr. Steele

I suspect you have spoiled us fans of your writings with "When". This is a great read, not quite up to "When", but very good none the less. Thank you for sharing your imaginative mind with us. Plz keep up the good work. Another 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
what

how can someone say this story was garbage i thought it read well. Look not everyone wants sex right off the bat this was perfectly written... keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I don't understand

I am confused how good writing about an argument and some guys struggle to divorce his wife is "Loving Wife." I found the storing boring, but it is well written.

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
It's about women what did you expect

DQS women cheat lie destroy then they leave then they fucking cry.. like that's the almighty sign for the guy to forgive them, but its about women .. show me a decent character in a DQS story,love honor ,respect, or a man with self respect they hardly exist. This is DQS story,most women are not decent, a lot of the men have no self respect, but his stories flow no real grammar issues or continuity issues and they are realistic for women have no code to live by,and they are never at fault in the real world- my proof is most divorces are started by women now, and women's cheating is through the roof, violence is up by 400 - 600 percent in schools by girls. The sad thing is DQS story women are an accurate picture of life(white women)- and the good thing is you can really hate the women in the stories they have no redeeming value at all, who doesn't like to sit back and read and say that bitch, fuck her up that cunt. To OHIO shut up you got the balls to write on an open board where reply's are asked for you are gonna get them good or bad, but you should sign them,and if you are gonna submit a cuckold story where he is crushed and she goes free well feel the burn, it is the land of the free and home of the BRAVE!!!!!!! in the USA, and BRAVE men and women dont let cheaters win even in stories- wimp cuckolds do but they are not BRAVE.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Ouch -

Good start - lets see where it goes

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good start but becomes indulgent then boring.............

I looked forward to reading this story but its a disappointment. Lacks soul and humanity. Cuckolding is a tricky subject. Maybe stick to romantic, bleeding heart stories where these emotions may seem more appropriate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
best solution

Hire a hitman....blow their heads off......him , only after he's been castrated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
same oh b/s about white man being fuckover and forgiving whore wife

she cry,he piss on self and take her back.

spankfunforspankfunforabout 10 years ago
Stupid Cheating Wife

He should drag the divorce out as long as possible! He should drag her names through all the muck with all the details about her cheating he can verify or use by innuendo! She should get absolutely no peace! All 36 years of marriage should be gone over with a fine tooth comb and she should be confronted by him and his lawyers regularly! Scorched earth policy completely!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
3 stars for now

hope chapter 2 continues improving. getting away from the woe is me,, I rather die than live without a cheating slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Third time!

I like your submitted stories so much, I am reading this series for the third time and still enjoying it. I wish you would continue writing and submitting stories like this. You have a wonderful talent.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Gosh

I think this is going to get worse for Hugh before he can start to recover. At this stage we don't know why Mary is being such a cold hard hearted bitch ( sorry dogs ) but I don't think she's suffering any long term incurable disease so perhaps she's a size queen. Well told. 4 ****

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Expedite?

I can understand letting her go and not fighting the divorce.

But going out of his way to EXPEDITE it for HER convenience? NO WAY!

Let her call him and personally explain just why she needs an expedited divorce, and why he shod accommodate her after what she did.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE SHARPEST KNIFE

cuts the cleanest, quickest and deepest; TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Re-Reading

Besides repeating my comment that he should NOT expedite ANYTHING, this definitely calls for BTB!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Dear Annony asshole

go spread your trash and sorry comments with your mother who fucks snakes and toads . Yes it was the toads that gave you life!

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
as he said, why should he expedite for her

is she pregnant? or what has she done, or is involved in, that requires that she immediately sever her relationship with him.

has she called the kids yet?

since she had been spending her cash on hotels and travel, reducing her contribution to the savings, why should she be the one to set the terms and percentages? perhaps it is time for the Hunt PI to contact the other wife?

It just sounds fishy.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
Great start!

Hope we've heard the last of the bitch. No RAAC!!

mike9698mike9698almost 9 years ago
same old dogshit

from a piece of shit author. im sure the gutless dickless coward will take her back. but only after she shits all over him some more.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
IF THE ALARM BELLS AREN'T STILL RINGING

that expediting comment should go 4 alarm. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
so

All the stories by this "author" are basically the same.

His grammar is good but the storytelling aspect is not good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wrong Title

After getting through the first page, it was plain to see that the title of this story should have been "My Life as a Super Stud Pick UP Artist."

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
what

are we missing?

kdcee79kdcee79about 8 years ago
Hi DQS

I see the mad bunch are still hacking away on their tablets/computers spewing out rubbish, that I'm sure matters to you or any other NORMAL reader, NOT AT ALL. I think you're one the best writers on this site, even if I don't like all your stories, but this starter reminders of your classic WWWM series. Keep up the good work, pity many of the lesser authors can't seem to attain such a high standard. Seems to be a predominant number of cuck writers about now, yuck. 4 ****

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars. Still a favorite. Great start to an amazing tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
From my point of view

This is your best work. Totally compelling, immediately drawn into the characters. Probably read this 3 or 4 times and it's still rich with emotion.

Rc68Rc68over 7 years ago
Pathetic

This author really knows how to make some of the most pathetic male characters on this site.... How he thinks a male should act in the stories is just too unbelievable, which makes the whole story collapse IMHO........

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Good writing

But you have a tendency to make your wayward wives so repellently disgusting as to only inspire the purest hatred from any person with a modicum of decency.

I hope Mary dies slowly, painfully and with more humiliation than should be born by a two dollar whore publicly exposed.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Greek Myth, Tragedy and DQS

Silent Sound raises a valid point of interest about the worth of the wife in this story. I do fully agree with him on the lyricism of this author's narrative. We differ insofar that Silent Sound and many readers ( including me initially ) see Mary as a mere woman/ wife / life partner that a good if flawed man can share life together symbiotically.

DQS had his own agenda in this regard. There's a scene in later installment where Mary at 60 years of age is wearing a midriff exposing shirt and her stomach is described as nigh flawless. That moment always niggled at me . 60 year old mortal women can be beautiful. OF COURSE. But running around in revealing outfits like that ? Now I understand why.

Mary is a goddess , maybe just a minor one , but a goddess all the same , in the mind of DQS and his narrator. Goddesses are not accountable to mere mortals. Their actions are whimsical and repercussion free. " As flies to are to wanton boys, are we to the Gods. They kill us for the sport. "

This story isn't a traditional ' quid pro quo' story. It's a fundamental myth updated to new millennium. I admire the writing on that basis.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
If someone has already said it, forgive me

If she can be wooed away from her SO once, why should he be surprised she got wooed away again?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a cheap cuckold/wimp crap!!1

Only real perverts or bain sick ones would go along with your pathetic description of your protagonist!! If thats your lifestyle than congratulation: you are one of them!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You are kind of a shit writer

I mean you are an Excellent writer... sort of. But you write about the same shit over and over and just throw in drama here and there. Every male character is the same and every female character is a raging cunt whore. I feel like all the stories you write are the same. A lot of similar stuff to Matt Moreau. I will not be reading when we were married.

Part of it because you sold out on it and other part is you write the same cuck drama cap over and over

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
Faulty Character building

I get a sense that you never really made up your mind as to how the characters should flesh out in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
36 years?

She's 57 and barely looks 40...married 36 years...and just dumps him for a younger cock despite the fact her and her husband still have an active and somewhat vigorous sex life and he still fucking adores her...then after confessing she just ups and leaves and never wants to see him again, nor interact with him despite having two children and grand children!? Is this a fucking joke!? Yes women are fucking stupid, yes they lie, cheat and are vindictive and cruel, and it often gets worse after they but the wall....but this is horse shit. And I've noticed a pattern to your writing and characters. Your female characters are often the most vile, selfish, self centered pieces of garbage on Literotica. The go above and beyond in terms of cruelty, often inflicting soul crushing damage with almost malicious glee to the men they once claimed to love. And they almost never get what's coming to them in full. I'm not sure how people can enjoy stories like this but the payoff in your stories (what little we get) is usually never worth the angst.

+2. Only because I'm feeling generous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yep

Every woman will be a lying, cheating slut when they think they can get away with it.

jrphdojrphdoabout 6 years ago
not realistic

The building of her character and what she does, doesn't fit except that women often don't make sense. Is he going to try and make some kind of consequences for her or the lover? I hate her already but may read the next one just to see what direction he takes. What about the kids? Did she give them up too?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
She was

completely consistent. She can be wooed away from her "love" by someone with a silver tongue. Shouldn't have taken her seriously from day one when she wasn't being honest with her Harvard guy about what was happening in FL.

chaoddicchaoddicabout 5 years ago
All for the divorce

With a huge helping of btb and her boyfriend as much as possible. The very fact that she is married and so is he shoyld be enough to get rumours started and both lose their jobs maybe.

rfnks2002rfnks2002about 5 years ago
DAMN

But look back she was engaged to someone else when they were in collage. So what do you expect. Plus shes gone 3 out of 4 weekends a month. and this is the only time shes cheated BULLSH_t. This might be the one that she fell for but I dont believe this is her first time. I would give her a divorce of infidelity. Let every one know shes a cheated BITCH.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
She sounds crazy...

There most be something seriously wrong with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The guy

Is a bit of a pussy.

No wonder she decided to find a real man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What a S.I.C.

She is one Self Important Cunt!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WTF??

This is the second of your series that I have read and I have to ask: Why do you make your Male characters spineless, pussy whipped morons???

mordbrandmordbrandover 3 years ago
Meh

She cheated on her fiance to get with the protagonist, did he really expect her to be faithful?

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

BTB. And the asshole from Chicago.

MeredithXMeredithXover 3 years ago

Let me say up front that I have read the entire story (via Kindle, actually, not here), but I will try to keep the scope of my comments pertinent to this installment. I guess I will have to repeat that statement five more times.

Part 1 baits the hook. I was certainly enough to keep me reading, although I have issues with the story line. Why did Mary hint about Richard to begin with? Why mention the phone play (which was probably more than phone play in reality)? Why give Hugh reason to doubt her?

The "phone-sex incident" is what compelled Hugh to start checking up on Mary; else he might have remained unaware for a very long time. Did Mary *want* her affair to be exposed? And then, why be so explicit in her confession? I suspect that was to titillate the reader, but it was if Mary were going out of her way to hurt Hugh as much as she possibly could. Why? (Steele uses this particular plot device a lot; his female characters love to express to their theretofore legitimate partners how well someone else fucks them.)

After the big blowup, why did Mary immediately leave for Chicago to be with Richard and initiate a divorce? After 36 years??? Really? Just like that? No "moment of clarity"? (There's an inside reference there.)

But, yes, that was enough to compel me to read on, so props to Mr. Steele. If that weren't enough, this touched my heart:

Divorce attorney Matt Henry to Hugh: "It's the fairest proposal I've ever seen except for maybe one I handled last year. And that was a divorce that shouldn't have happened. I still have bad feelings about that one."

That divorce has changed my life. It's a reference to the First Coast's ultimate couple — Bill Maitland and Debbie Bascomb Maitland. Their saga, When We Were Married, is a still-ongoing epic (long outside of Literotica) that continues today after more than 10 year. Bill and Debbie will love each other forever, and they will yet reconcile — and I swear to God on this — if I have to take over the series myself.

MeredithXMeredithXover 3 years ago

A'ight, lemme retract something. I think Matt Henry (attorney from Martin, Devon, Bailey and Bartley) was actually referring to Bruce and Tiffany Davis from Separate Vacations, who are tiny fish compared to Bill and Debbie Maitland. (So many troubled couples in the First Coast universe.) Bruce and Tiffany's story is wacky too.

But I'm not retracting anything about Bill and Debbie — my life revolves around their reconciliation, and I know enough about Daniel Q. Steele to know that it's only a matter of when (and a matter of how long Mr. Steele will continue to torture me).

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

Pull out now, its a cuck fest ending in a RAAC

GoesGruntGoesGruntabout 3 years ago

Thanks to lujon2019 I skipped to the end and found out the protagonist is a moron I have zero respect or empathy for...

If reconciliation isn't your thing, this is a story to skip.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
4 Stars

Why wasn't the Angel of Death at Edwards Party ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
The Drudge Report??

So this isn't one of those timeless stories about men and women and their relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

No more.

Wimpy cuckold!!!

Alpha not beta or gamma at least a theta.

Would not waste my time reading further.

Do like some of your writing but definitely not this crap.

jtwheels

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
If

If she is a senior rep,why was she doing all the travelling instead of overseeing others.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
UGH!!!!!

PUSSY!!!!! He should have lost it when she told him she had been cheating on him.

He should have told her to tell him, "He's going to die a very slow, painful death. I'm going to cut off his dick, shove it down his throat and gouge his eyes out while he chokes on it. Make no mistake, I will kill him! You can live with that for the rest of your life! ....And I will make sure the kids know what a fucking bitch whore you are!"

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 2 years ago

Through all of the hours spent reading LW tales, I have never condoned this sort of thing, until now. He needs to take that lover of hers out. Let her know what total loss feels like. Wow, this is just a horrible and heart-wrenching situation. How could she do that?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You I am sorry to say,are an idiot to come up with a scenario where a husband wants to disown his own children for not accepting their mothers affair. That is so unrealistic unless as a father he never had any kind of bonded relationship with his kids in the first place. That unrealistic rubbish has turned this chapter into my losing interest in continuing reading this story through. I will simply move to your next submission and hope you stop injecting stupidity into it and ruin it also. Still your writing does earn 3 stars.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Just remember folks, divorce is the screwing you get for the screwing you had. Excellent writer you can just feel the motion pouring of our MC. Been there and done that. Funny thing is I married the first time over 40 years ago to do the honorable thing and said to myself if it doesn't work out I'll just get a divorce. Well 13 years into to it she walked and the divorce almost killed me. It hurt like no one can describe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't know any man that is married for such a long period of time that would just walk away like that without having to knock out drag out fight with the wife for cheating and for lying about it for months. Especially and they're not call his children and tell him what a s*** their mother is and the rest of the family so that she's embarrassed because of what she's done. But I certainly wouldn't take her back after she lied about it for months. I certainly would make her pay in the divorce as much as I possibly could too.

slowhand21slowhand21over 1 year ago

I enjoy your stories a lot but the idea that Gail Hunt becomes a sympathetic character is absolute horse shit. She needs to be burnt. That Hugh would support and enable her makes him a douche bag.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

MMMMMMMM I like this, nice steady writing so far, I like the characters as you have portrayed them so far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Coffee Allaporte really?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful wonderful understanding of human nature with an ability to portray it sharply and accurately.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"if you ever loved me, if any part of that love still exists within you, give me my freedom. Let me go." Let me get this straight: She cheats on him for 6-9 months, then when he figures it out, immediately runs of with her lover, files for divorce, takes back her maiden name before they're even divorced, refuses ALL contact with him, then calls upon his love for her? Whatever happened to her love for him?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It’s a good thing DQS is such a good writer or I’d never made it past where the MC gets into the drunken stupor. That’s so cliche in your standard cheating wife story it’s almost like it’s required by Lit to put it in. It was so out of place and character for an experienced middle aged upper level professional.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous