All Comments on 'A Great Day'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 140 Comments
oliverraoliverraabout 12 years ago

Dear JBP,

The majority of your stories end in divorce because wife/sometimes husband is "cheating. You seldom explore the reasons why. Why is that?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Great

Ignore the last comment made. This was a perfect short flash story about the consequences of cheating on your spouse. You could have drawn this out over 10 pages but why. What was written was short, sweet and right to the point.

EXCELLENT

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 12 years ago
well done...

I wish there was more to this story.

DarlaJeanneDarlaJeanneabout 12 years ago
Good story

But wish for more on husbands cheating which is just as likely.....

movermoverabout 12 years ago
Write one!!

Great way to start the week, another great tale from JPB!

The heading is for DarlaJeanne, I have labored through many 'Loving Wives' stories told by a man from a supposedly woman's viewpoint. Would love to see more lady(?) authors here.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
Taking Care of Business ( and Busting the Boss who Besmirches a Cheating Bitch's Bust) !

It's the ' American Way ' . Bob's narrator might want to delay that promised bonus, so it doesn't get halved in community settlement. Thx go to author for flexing his inner twisted genius . You've been missed !

sledgesledgeabout 12 years ago
And then what?

You always start a great story but , as usual your ending sucked.

Why do you build a great story then end it with a lot more to write.

JusttooldJusttooldabout 12 years ago
good

Short sweet and to the point. Nice job can't wait for more of your stories. You are one of my favourite authors.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 12 years ago
One of JPB's best

No wimp, cuckold, creampie-eating characters in this one! Well-done, five stars. Thanks for writing.

vietvetvietvetabout 12 years ago
Ditto Vulcan_in_ohio

good job for a change

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
A GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING

turns into a fantantsic afternoon. TK U MLJ LV NV

Escobar1974Escobar1974about 12 years ago
Hope this is a multi series

Nice start, so are we going to follow in his adventures or is this it? Either way its was a good read

jasonnhjasonnhabout 12 years ago
Solid little story

I liked this because his character is consistent. He's a focused person and that makes him successful in business. When he runs into a personal problem he got right to the heart of the matter.

The only quibble I have is that he is ice cold. After being married for 15 years I would think he would feel something for his wife. Yet it seems to cause him little concern, just a mess to clean up. It introduces the question whether he was such a cold SOB that his wife sought closeness elsewhere. I doubt it because everyone seems to like him. But it's puzzling. I get that it's a flash story and we don't have time for a big emotional exploration but a sentence of "I'll miss her but she's made her choice" would have set the tone.

I liked the "revenge", quick and very effective. Of course since she's been fired, he is going to get screwed by alimony. Ah well, you can't fix everything in a flash.

Nice story.

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 12 years ago
Quick and simple.

I like the final sentence, where he was ready to get on with his life. The story seemed a bit cold, but my guess is that the marriage had already died, and the wife was seeing others because neither the husband or the wife was even trying to reconnect with each other. The marriage had already run it's course. Thank You.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 12 years ago
Good flash

Agree that bonus (and veep promo/raise) need to be deferred...she was too busy to find out about them! Hubby could also hold up on serving divorce papers until after she 'wangles' a new job! Declare separation and separate finances, while providing a reasonable stipend. Quick and effective adjustment to new realities does NOT equal COLD. 5stars

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

True JPB flash revenge story without any epiloge.Naturali I give 5 stars, but I prefer the classical revenge stories with longer aftermath.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Good Read

Thanks for sharing.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 12 years ago
Short but a complete story.

Even though the story was short, it had everything needed to make it a very good and a complete story.

Nicely done Bob.

Thanks for the read.

JonTaylorJonTaylorabout 12 years ago
Randall Cunningham

Not a random name. You don't like the Eagles, do you? Not a Philly fan? Good little ditty, JPB.

brujaybrujayabout 12 years ago
Short and Sweet

Protagonist was too calm given the situation. Must have suspected something before finding them.

Good read. Thank you for sharing.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 12 years ago
A complete story with ending

WOW JPB story I actually liked. OK not a total ending but still a better ending than many I have read. Not read recently, I have had JPB burn out from too many stories that left me with no ending or result of what JPB intended! JPB created the story at least create some kind of real ending!!!

This will make me take a look again at the next few stories!

Thank you for posting and writing not that anyone compares to your VAST work!!!!

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenabout 12 years ago
Thar was sudden

flash for sure you've been off the beaten path lately

juanviejojuanviejoabout 12 years ago
Cinco Estrellas!

Your best yet!

rjordanrjordanabout 12 years ago
5*

Do some more of those, please.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
SOME CHEATEES ARE SO CALM AND COOL

that hardly anything can phase them, TK U MLJ LV NV

DWornockDWornockover 11 years ago
Very good. No violence! Just a logical and intelligent husband.

However, the story was too short so I rated it 4 stars.

BigK10BigK10over 11 years ago
This shocks me, but...

I completely agree with DW. This needed to be longer, but was great. Keep up the good work.

phil2213phil2213over 11 years ago
Great feel good justice!!!

I enjoyed the story it terms of the irony of the title. The story was tooooooo short yet punched firmly at the meat with great force. I liked it but I would've enjoyed more at the end. I wanted to read on. Great read ; thank you a sweet appetizer.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Outstanding!

JPB, you need to get back to cheating and consequences and BTB tales! WAY better than your cuck stuff or swapping or whatever.

5 HUGE Stars!

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
I.D. hit the point

Please do us all (and yourself) a favour and let the cuckold-shit go. Cheating / consequences etc. is the genre you´re outstanding at. There are already too many cuckies without balls on this degenerating site and it kind of hurts a little seeing you throw your talent in the bin.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Good job BUT

By getting her fired you may have just upped the alimony you have to pay her. OOPS!

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
SOMETIMES WHEN IT RAINS

the rainbows do appear. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tootight1Tootight1almost 10 years ago
idea

have you any idea how many men have cheating on the, or how many men are cheating on their wives? check national stats, you'll be amazed.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

Short and to the point! BTB! Cheers!

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good and quick

by the time he returns from Dallas all accounts will be empty.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Not much meat here

Too short - why bother? Get tired of it about here?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Nice

Did you ever hear the expression "Don't shit where you eat?" This tale is a perfect example. All cheaters are stupid. All of them.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nice, except...

...with Teri out of a Job, he'll have to pay alimony up the kazoo.

Make a deal where they keep her employed until after the divorce is final.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
ALL GOOD DAYS DONT END ON A BAD NOTE

sometimes its better than HI C. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
yeah, not so smart

Unless they had a good prenup he should have waited until the divorce was final to get her fired.

Funny, he seemed to be a calm, even cold guy but that was a revenge move that could bite him in the ass.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
with or with a pre nup...

and alimony... this woman will need to leave town.. she has to start a new life with no strings to the past... I would imagine the wife would sign off, return alimony and/or vanish...Yes, alimony not delivered to her would end up in some state treasury for the benefit of the state...after a period of time back to court to remove requirement for payment

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
finished ???

I think this needs a second chapter

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Lightening Fast Flash Story

This one with a great JPB ending! One thing I would point is that JPB seems to feel that all women are more then ready to step out on their spouses!

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
I wonder?

JPB, a terrific flash story, you are like an experienced surgeon wielding a scalpel.

What I am wondering is, all these annoyingmousies, in the comments to a multitude of stories by different authors. I am wondering if the ones whining about how the stories are all too short and the petulant complaints about how the stories are too long?

I am wondering if they are the same ignorant dullards?

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 8 years ago
Great Story...Just Short

This is the kind of story I like to read late at night. Short and to the point. After all, you did warn it was a 'flash story'. Deserving of five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Loved it

Short and sweet and to the point. No bs here, no cuckold here. Just goodbye.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Job

The only problem, will her lack of a job affect the alimony?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Cool.

Would like a continuation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It wasn't A Great Day

It was a Fantastic Day! 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Do you know what?

Do you know what would make this story super awesome? An epilog of how it went after Rob found out about Teri's affrair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
And then the guy...

...got screwed over in the divorce because he rushed and didn't bother to protect himself and his assets.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Slam Bam thank you mam...

...Heart Break Hotel story....damn ending just drops off..still...5..Stars!

mark73107mark73107over 7 years ago
Just deserts.

Way to go Rob.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

WHY was it not a longer story. It would not have been a 4 page story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
YES, and . . . ?

Nothing in the story as written is novel, enticing, thought provoking or original. When I got to your end, I felt that I'd just gotten past the setup phase and was waiting for some intriguing plot line to unfold.

I've noticed this sort of treatment on a good number of your voluminous portfolio. Perhaps you need a writing vacation and stop writing for the sake of writing. You're much more talented a writer to spend you time tossing off such unworthy drivel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
FAR TOO SHORT

COULD HAVE PANNED IT OUT FAR MORE AND MADE IT REALLY GOOD...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Needed to wait...

Rob needed to get Teri's boss to wait until after the divorce to fire her. Rob will end up having to pay alimony because she now makes much less than he does...

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 7 years ago
you can turn them off

The clicking noises a cell phone makes when you use the camera are just sound effects to mimic a shutter, because that's what people expect from a camera.

You can turn them off in the settings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Epilog

This story screams for and epilogue!

jott50jott50over 6 years ago
DAM!

Short and sweet then put it to sleep.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
why didn't he call

the cell phone of Randall Cunningham?

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
When the winner lose...

Sure, he got rid of a cheating wife, and even got her fired with her paramour.

Problem is, unless they live in one of those fault states or he had the foresight to make her sign a prenup, he'll now on the hook, big time, for alimony. Which sucks, but no way any courtroom let this slut get kick out of a fifteen years marriage without something.

Hopefully, they don't have kids. Maybe Rob could even sue Cunningham for alienation of affections. In any case, always better to pay a backstabbing skank to stay away than to keep her around.

This was a good Bob.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
BTB Par Exellance!

It is even shorter than "A Dish served Cold" You've outdone yourself with this one! Burn the bitch and the bastard one time! Toast they are! Thanks for sharing!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Short But Extraordinarily Entertaining

This story proves you can command attention with a short story. No tedious repetitions. No meaningless begging and lies. An excellent 5-Star story.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
SERENDIPITY times 2

hard work and lots of luck certainly pays off. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Do You Know What's Wrong With This Story?

Not a thing!

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoover 5 years ago
Less Is More

Definitely a Great Day for our hero, a shitty day for his cheating skank wife. *****

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
He had a cool head!

I admire that and it made the story something different and a cut above. He kept his head, did what he had to do, and moved on. Excellent!

rodryder44rodryder44over 5 years ago
Wow!

I blinked and the story was over. I don't know whether to surprise my wife by taking off early and coming home unannounced, or to stick to my routine and arriving home at 7 PM. Proof is easy to get thanks to an iPhone and no more he said she said problems. Why am I beginning to like BTB stories?

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
My.kind

This is my kind of JPB story. Burned.

fritz51fritz51almost 5 years ago
Flash is right

Flash of greatness!

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Terrific flash.

So good yet, I would love to read an, 'aftermath' on the cheating wife and her lover detailing the 'shit hitting the fan' stuff.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Good one

However I would like to ha e heard about the aftermath of her actions. Did she plead with him or try to offer an explanation of how it happened? Still a good story from a good writer.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Good one

Nice short story.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 4 years ago
Reply to Tajfa 08/18/19 .....

Why oh why would he give the slightest fuck HOW it started? Would that bend, alter or soften the impact of what she'd done or the FACT that she's a lying, cheating, backstabbing SLUT??

She and her fuck buddy were SUPPOSED to be working with a CUSTOMER so she lied to her boss and STOLE hours of her income while getting fucked by the co-worker that she was cheating on her husband with.

There's an attitude adjustment called for.

The authoritarian leaders of the big mouthed know-it-all Liberal Socialist Progressive Chickenfuckers, so grossly lacking in common sense or qualifications gained only from life experiences should be unmercifully beaten to a bloody pulp with four foot lengths of steel rebar.

Don't look now but, the way things are going, it could be that they, their followers and co-sissies aren't too far from sharing that experience.

There's a rule in life that I just invented. It goes... "If you fuck with the Bull, long enough, you'll get the horn." Everyone with intelligence should Pay Heed to it. There are a whole lot of Bulls out there who're beginning to realize that they've stayed quiet for TOO GOD DAMNED LONG. We will NOT go the way of the Buffalo, who couldn't defend themselves. We will NOT be herded or stampeded but we WILL hurry to STOP or simply stomp the shit out of bullies who try to dictate to us.

This nearly fourteen year old story gets five stars from me.... ten if I could give them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

SlipperySaddleBum has just won the internet for Stupidest Comment Ever.

Congratulations, that one functioning brain cell is working overtime for you.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
3rd time through...

...and still wish there was more. This is classic JPB story telling which begs for more. This LW's flash story just begs for continuation.

I see potential scences of confrontation with the cheating spouses by the husband, the cheated on wife, the employer and the aftermath.

(1) starts with the conversation between the cheaters taking the call from the employer.

(2) the confrontation at work with the returning cheater/employees.

(3) ...after that it could fall 3 or 4 different ways.

What a terrific little flash story. *****

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
That was

Very short and just great.

moblanemoblaneabout 4 years ago
WHO NEEDS REVENGE?

Good short, I loved it, Thank You 5***** and a smiley face!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
More

Hi, would have loved to see 5his through the divorce, good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another bitch caught in the act...

This guy gets even...but that's all their is to this story...another author who is a wimp... the wifes affair is the story...but know way do we see what she feels here...this story ends way to soon an a big let down a the end...........

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Short but still not worth the time to read

There is no plot twists, no character development, it's not erotic - shouldn't even be here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Dave69

Great story. Non of humiliation shite thats written. Another ch saying how husband did. Take no notice of all the dam writers. Their just perverts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A satisfying but expensive response to a slut wife

I liked the husband's immediate, decisive action. Unless he can file under adultery, however, her being fired likely will mean paying more to be to rid of her. A no fault divorce will probably require he pay alimony. Hopefully his promotion can be timed so that the payments are based on his prior salary.

Good flash read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Half a story

its a nice start of a story, but wheres the rest of it. Half a story only gets half a score.

JhWALLJhWALLover 3 years ago
This story could be so much more

It could be a much longer story getting to the truth of what was really going on and for how long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What a cockup!

He gets her fired and then he'll have to pay her alimony with no chance to recoup any money from the Company the cheaters worked for? Not too smart.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Then she gets $$$$ in alimony because he got her fired!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Those people saying she would get Alimony because the husband caused her to get fired.

I don't believe that is so. Sure he was the one who showed proof of what was going on but the fact it was going on would weigh heavily in the court hearing when it came to Alimony.

She lost her job for cause and that is that. He is not on the hook for any money. A good lawyer would be able to argue that if it was not for her actions and if she had have kept her knees together then she would still have a job AND a marriage. She may still get half the assets but that is it.

Now to finish the story.

Teri had to move away as no-one would employ her. She eventually found a reasonable paying job about 500 miles away and was able to live reasonably well.

Randolf, however, was a different matter. His wife divorced him and took him to the cleaners. She was awarded child support and half of the assets. Randy Randolf struggled to find a job paying any where near what he was accustomed to but eventually found an entry level job about 400 miles away. Due to the fact that he had failed to pay child support while looking for a job the Court seized his one remaining valuable asset, his car, and forced the sale of said vehicle.

Without a car and limited finances he very rarely got to see his kids. They eventually forgot who he was and did not see the sense of seeing him. They were better off without him as all he did, while visiting them, is complain how his life was and how bad everything was.

One night as he left a hotel bar he was mugged and he was taken to hospital but seeing as he did not have insurance he did not receive the best of care and lived his life with the damage done. He never had sex again as his testicles had to be removed. Even though one could have been saved IF HE HAD MONEY OR INSURANCE seeing as he had neither they were both removed.

Even to this day if someone says the name Teri or anything sounding similar he yells "I regret ever meeting that bitch".

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
TALK ABOUT FALLING IN THE OUTHOUSE RESIDUE

and coming out with a gold ingot TK U MLJ LV NV

AbctoyAbctoyabout 3 years ago
Good read

Short and sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Way to go Rob

Get that bitch fired. Never mind the fact that when you divorce her, she will be unemployed, increasing significantly the amount of alimony you'll have to pay.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Should be more

I think there should be more to this store leaves you hanging

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Oughta buy a couple lottery tickets too

Strike while the iron is hot. He may never have another day this good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good start. But wheres the rest of the story?

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 3 years ago

For everyone asking for more, read the damn description.... it’s a FLASH story. That means it’s a one page one off ..... duh!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9050 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories