All Comments on 'Why Are We Here On Literotica?'

by Cinner

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AtavistAtavistalmost 12 years ago
Non-mutual masturbation

I've been coming here since the late 90s, back when there was a category for extreme stories and I was a single teenager (I've been married for the past few years). I preferred asstr back then but now literotica gets more updates. I've made a few posts, mostly pertaining to my favorite genres, but aside from that and, eventually, comments or messages to my favorite artists telling them I like their work I don't come here to socialize.

I come here to read stories and, if I like some, jack off to them. I have sex with my wife (less often since the baby as we don't have much free time together), but I also masturbate quite a bit.

Scotsman69Scotsman69almost 12 years ago
Perceptive and interesting

But I'll add a further reason for joining Lit. I became a member so that I could present my stories to a wider audience than classmates on my creative writing course. I'm eternally grateful to Lit for providing a showcase in which aspiring writers can hone their craft. (or not, in some cases!)

AnotherClosetReaderAnotherClosetReaderalmost 12 years ago
Well...

You're here because you apparently have a fetish for the numbers 2, 8, 9 and the percentage sign.

I'm here cause I was in a horny and literary mood, then I found a good author and created an actual reason to justify me being here to myself, then he stopped, and my momentum took over and I stayed. Final score Lazy:1 Me:0

estragonestragonalmost 12 years ago
I'm Here Because

I'm here because I'm here because I'm here....

Seriously, this is a place to write, quibble, socialize, get some good wanking material, and meet some really nice people. What's wrong with any of that? And no, I don't go to pay sites. But hang out with Baptists enough, and you'll find something wrong.

HeyAllHeyAllalmost 12 years ago
Interesting post

I enjoyed reading it and I learned a few new things from it. Thank you for writing it.

As for me, I enjoy Lit not out of boredom, but out of curiosity. It's fun reading other people's inner most thoughts and fantasies- things people could never ever discuss or express in a public setting. Plus who doesn't enjoy a hot story once and a while?

thanks

RossDanielsRossDanielsalmost 12 years ago
Thoughtful and interesting

I enjoyed the author's analysis. Several of her points definitely apply to me.

Rossini12Rossini12almost 12 years ago
Interesting article.

Since it was not a story, why did I read it? Maybe to get some insight into people and, perhaps. myself. I am a frustrated erotic writer, unable to follow my interest by actually writing, because my family does not like it and, now, because my eyessight is failing... also, beacuse I am getting old! It happens to us all - even you!

I do not socialize in here, nor masturbate... I need visual stimulation for that. I read and comment on stories that interest my conscience, such as this one and, try to learn something. Thank you.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 12 years ago
Just fantisy to me

Most commercial short stories leave me cold, maybe they are too stiff, too edited, but the ones I like are short, 15-30 minutes to read, and written by someone sho has a voice, Jakewho69, Winterfrog, Rha Spike come to mind. Maybe my stories reach this standard as well.

In my case I'm an engineer and like to write. Most of my stuff is written to get something done, but LE is just for fun. I ahve thoughts in my head which sometimes coalece into a story. The stuff is all fiction, and I occasionally correspond with other guys. Noone has offere to have sex with me. And no, I'm not in to screwing around. LE is just a way to exercise creatifvity for me.

Chilley

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 12 years ago
This site has far more posts and writers and sometimes funny commentators....

....than any other, with more diversity(EVERYTHING on astra, or at Kristen's is extreme or "over the top") and when you get hooked by the inimitable HDK and the seductive anger of HIV how can you leave?

DougntexasDougntexasalmost 12 years ago
Good Read

I enjoyed reading what You had to say. Most of the writters on this site are not very good at it. But a few of them are very good writters indeed. In the years I have been on here I have learned which Authors are above average. Some of the reading is just good fantasy reading.

DougNTexas

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
True

Really true & like wat the writer says.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thoughtful Essay

In a relationship, or out, I have been a reader of Literotica for nigh on 10 years (and that is a rather scary thought!). I love to read. I have enough books to fill a library. Reading erotic fiction is one way to get a fresh idea in your head, your imagination filling in the gaps; because for me the imagination is far better than visual pornography (still or moving) and when with a partner you can read at your own pace, or indeed, never reach the end at all! ;)

Literotica allows couples and individuals to explore different quirks and fetishes without actually doing the act. Effectively making it a safe place and if you are a couple a platform to discuss a new idea or gauge the response from the other. Which I think should definitely be promoted.

I really enjoyed reading your essay. Gil.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
PORN IN ITSELF IS NOT WRONG

1st of its hard to describe. 2nd its been here forever 3rd it aint goin" away. TK U MLJ LV NV.......good research CS...mlj

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
horseshit

you obviously have a faulty principle on your belief window.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Interesting!!!

An intresting piece, leaves me with a number of questions however, I am waiting for more .......

eWomaneWomanover 11 years ago
My take...

Yes...one of the reasons i'm here is because i'm bored. The other one (which is tied with boredom) is because i love the written word. I'm not into videos, texts, or even acting out my fantasies. I truly marvel at the talent i find on this site...so much more touching that what i can find at the library. I owe it all to 50 Shades...what can i say...some of this is truly great writing...but some is so far beyond the pale (for many reasons. not just depravity)...that i'm always looking for that perfect blend of proper language, spelling, pace, tone, tension, voice and excitement. What can I say. I enjoy a good read...thanks and take care...hcl

Mo_B_DickMo_B_Dickabout 11 years ago
Keeping it real...

"How many times would one word of affirmation from a loved one have prevented hours of looking for love on a sex site?"

Some of us are here for people we love and want, I might remind you.

Mo_B_DickMo_B_Dickabout 11 years ago
Love to read/Get turned on by erotic literature.

You seem to omit these people for the most part.

Mo_B_DickMo_B_Dickabout 11 years ago
How many...

people did you interview? What's your sample size? Fake?

CinnerCinnerabout 11 years agoAuthor
True

I concede that I omitted people who write stories and those who read them. That is ironic since I came here as a reader and wrote this piece when I thought to force myself to try my hand at writing.

My sample was the persons with whom I interracted on the site, and personal experience. I did not claim that my ideas were universally held or that the piece was supported by empirical research beyond the statistics that I quoted at the beginning.

I must say that I'm happily surprised that someone is still reading this essay!

Thank you very much!

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous