All Comments on 'Breaking Sammy In'

by MarmadukeHoggingtoff

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AverygoodlayAverygoodlayalmost 12 years ago
Heartless Prick

What a heartless prick, hope he gets STD's from some girl he thinks he's taking advantage of but she knows his reputation and what he's done to her friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
couldn't agree more Avery

unless there's an as yet unseen arc to this character's development, or perhaps karma in the form of a strategic accident courtesy of the linebacker older brother of one of his baby-mamas, it'd be hard to have any empathy for such a heartless prick

Marmaduke: don't take it personally - for all we know this is just a fictional character, not a reflection of your own persona

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Now that you've got that out of your system . . .

it would be interesting to re-write this with dialogue, just to see if you can sustain the distance between these two when they interact. I get what you're trying to do here, and there are a couple of other writers who've followed the same approach (An Awful Cad comes to mind). Give it a whirl.

joelafayettejoelafayettealmost 12 years ago
A different take

I like this story. Do I find the male lead offensive? Yes. But it's not your job to write characters we like, is it. I think a lot of guys would be thinking this way, especially at a younger age, and therefore I view the story as more honest perhaps.

MarmadukeHoggingtoffMarmadukeHoggingtoffalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback chaps. Now just to shed a little light on this...

Thank you all for the feedback and comments. As Anonymous said, for all we know this is just a fictional character so calm down there Avery old chap. Now that we’ve covered that I’ll just say that no, none of this is in fact fictional and part of the reason I wrote this is to see how people would react. However, what I can tell you that may cheer you up is that while no, I don’t have any STDs, nor have I taken a beating from some linebacker over any of this, but throughout those years I suffered more than most people could imagine possible and despite having kicked the drug habit and sorted my life out, I still bear the consequences of my actions in those days. As an ex drug addict and as a psychologist, I can assure you the no one behaving like that is really having a good time. Far from it. That was over a decade ago now and yes, that guy was a heartless prick. I took an awful lot of drugs to be that way, truth is, without drugs I cared way too much and I wanted to be that guy who didn’t give two shits about anything. Now I live a life that’s as consistent with what I think is right as I can. I spend as much time as possible with my daughters and if you still feel you need more for a sense of justice then let me tell you, the financial burden of my enormous child support payments should help you sleep better at night.

You may also be pleased to know that Sammy is doing brilliantly in life. Of all the people I screwed over back in those days she is my biggest regret. Both times that I woke in hospital back then after botched suicide attempts it was her I woke to holding my hand and keeping a bedside vigil. To be honest, I wish I’d sorted my shit sooner and put a ring on her finger while I still had the chance. Yeah, it’s true, I don’t regret popping her cherry… but that’s about the only thing I don’t regret.

Btw, this is the only thing I’ve ever written in erotic genre, but I’m an accomplished writer, academically and in a field of fiction - I’ll say no more as I’m already paranoid of someone I know spotting my writing style, but suffice to say, the negative feedback (2.85 last I checked) I’m not going to take that too much to heart as a result (especially in light of the fact that I wrote it in one block over about 30 mins, read over it once and corrected a few typos, then hit submit). I was hoping to be able to see a rundown of the scores (ie 27 1s, 44 2s, etc), but this doesn’t seem to be possible, is that correct? I do wonder if it’s largely people reading it and thinking it’s pretty bad (2&3s), or if it’s more people quite liking it (4&5s) along with people who think I’m a bastard so they shit-can it (1s). That seemed to be the case when I first submitted it and I did the math as it went up one at a time, but beyond that I guess I’ll never know.

Warm regards

Lord Marmaduke Benedict Aloysius Hoggingtoff , 17th Viscount of Pompington & Chicford upon Thames

AverygoodlayAverygoodlayalmost 12 years ago
Shed some light

So you were going down a destructive path, drugs and suicide and wanted to take this young girl with you, is that your story?

Have you fingered out why you hate yourself so much?

I can understand how hard it is to kick the drug habit, I've been trying to quit smoking for years.

Is your confession meant to relieve some of your guilt or make us feel sorry for you?

It seem that Sam has forgiven you, So Man Up get off the drugs and make amends to all you have hurt by your actions, if you are really a Lord you have the monery to do just that.

Good Luck.

MarmadukeHoggingtoffMarmadukeHoggingtoffalmost 12 years agoAuthor

As I said, Im no longer a drug addict, Im now a psychologist. The story was certainly not designed to relieve guilt, if anything Ive felt a little guilt since then for writing it, now that Ive seen the numbers of people that read these things, worrying that someone may read it and get the feeling who is it that I/her really are. Likewise, as this is anonymous, Im not after your sympathy you dont know me so thats of no value to me. As for going down a path of destruction and taking her with me, I had no idea what I was doing then, no one that messed up is in tune with why they do the things that they do, much less what it is that theyre doing and the effect it has on others. I know from those who keep in contact with her that Sammy hasnt forgiven me and the last thing she wants is to hear from me in any form and I am respecting her wishes. Other than that, I live these days as I feel is right and Ive long ago made things right with folks as much as I could. Btw, among other substances, I always quit smoking some years ago, after 10 years as a 40-a-day smoker. If you truly want to quit you will, you just need to keep in mind that its all in your head. Your mind is playing tricks on you when you feel you cant do it and if you weather the withdrawal symptoms for a brief period, youll have beaten the addiction and you wont miss it.

Kind regards

Air Chief Marshall Sir Marmaduke Benedict Aloysius Hoggingtoff, Chief of the Air Staff, Royal Air Force, and worlds sexist man - 1998-2012 (as voted yearly by readers of Glamour Magazine).

joelafayettejoelafayettealmost 12 years ago
different

I liked this story. You will get flamed a lot by other readers when you write characters with abrasive personalities (even though for all we know it's 100% fiction), but that is the world we live in sometimes. I liked it. The story is edgy and different. Don't conform to what readers want of you. Be yourself and keep writing.

MarmadukeHoggingtoffMarmadukeHoggingtoffalmost 12 years agoAuthor

As it said, it isn't fiction. To see what kind of response I'd get was part of the reason I wrote it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
well in that case i think you have your answer.

Good luck.

kittenkittenabout 11 years ago
Good story

It's a good story. It's hot to some of us. If it's not hot to you, that's okay. Yes, it is an autobiographical one, but this is an erotica site. Reviewing him as a person isn't relevant.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous