All Comments on 'Secrets Ch. 02'

by Bird_Man_RN

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Mark's dad showing up= bad news.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 12 years ago
Too short

Wow just pulling you in deeper and deeper and then bam you have to wait... but on the plus side I can't wait to see what happens next and Dad gets a bollocking.. geez some people

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08almost 12 years ago
Grrrrrr

I'd say 'what the hell' to Mark's dad for blaming Alex for Mark's condition, but unfortunately people like him always find someone other than themselves to fault during a crisis. In Dad's eyes, the problem, of course, must be the gay boyfriend, not the unaccepting family members who made Mark want to kill himself.

secretsidessecretsidesalmost 12 years ago
emotions?

Great story to stir such strong emotions in your readers so early. more please?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I think this story has great potential. I very much like the characters, feel for them, and the story premise is interesting. I agree that the chapters are too short, and that they end just as the reader is becoming deeply involved. Building anticipation and suspense is great, but not at the expense of the flow of your story. Also, you need an editor; commas in places they don't really need to be, or missing in places they do, jar the reader out of the story. This reader, anyway.

I'm interested to see where this goes. Will keep reading if you keep writing.

~Paz

hk47enclavehk47enclavealmost 12 years ago
Great Job!

This story is getting soooo goodd!!

You are making excellent use of the cliffhangers,lol

Keeping us on the edge of our seats.

Great update, looking for to the next chapter!

:)

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

I can't believe Mark would do such a thing to Alex. Not without calling him, no matter how horrible he felt. If he was capable of acting so selfishly, he would not be the kind of man that I would expect Alex to love. So I suspect foul play.... and that would fit well with Mark's dad trying to blame Alex. I can't wait to find out what really happened.

randaltrirandaltrialmost 12 years ago

Have to wonder about foul play. How do you make someone swallow two bottles of Tylenol? Mark was a hospital adm. with a nurse for a boyfriend. He would know the risks. I'd take my chances with the person threatening to kill me.

nomoretears00nomoretears00almost 12 years ago
Oh yeah...

That one sentence says clearly how dear ol' dad feels. Can't wait for the next chapter! :)

~M

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

Yeah, randaltri, you're right, but I didn't mean that somebody had forced those pills down his throat. More in the line of mental coercion, or Mark doing this as a desperate cry for help, but making sure to give a warning, which his dad then hides or ignores. Oh, well I'm probably totally wrong, but I hope the author takes it as a compliments that his readers are caught up in the plot enough to speculate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Hurry with the next chapter

And make something bad happen to dear old dad!! You do love cliff hangers don't you?!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Could you possibly have longer chapters?

canndcanndalmost 12 years ago

Wow, for pure emotion I would give it a 5. I have to admit that at the beginning I was skimming the sex b/c I wanted to know what would happen. Obviously hearing that they were engaged days before made the whole trauma worse. I'm hesitant to say this b/c you say it's a true story so I wouldn't want to criticize someone in this situation, but I am surprised given that they just got engaged and Mark was looking to do something very difficult like coming out to his family, that Alex would not have called him to see how it was going and to touch base. I can't help but wonder why Mark didn't turn to the man he loves? Why would attempt to take his life when he had someone to spend his life with? Was his family's approval that important to him? I feel badly for Alex b/c I'd not understand why my partner didn't turn to me if it went badly. I guess bringing out this type of response means you're doing your job as a writer! :) I hope he punches the asshole father! He doesn't need that bastard being a homophobe and not respecting his son for who he is and trying to push Alex out of his place as his partner. I'll be interested to see what a partner has to deal with if they're not listed as a domestic partner. I assume they are prevented from making decisions. I also wonder if you're chance of getting a transplant is affected when the reason you need it is a suicide attempt. Can't wait for more so all these things get answered!

Do you have parrots? :) Just wondering if you're a fellow bird owner. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Luv u have to b a nurse. Lol

This is an awesome story. Lol. I even luv that u explain the little. Medical terms u use to the layman. Hope to see more. As an RN. I like seeing medical written properly. CrystalRN

bookworm2192bookworm2192almost 12 years ago
Wow.

No wonder Mark was so scared to come out to his family. I feel so sorry for the pair of them. I hope it works out, but I have a bad feeling...

zelot65zelot65almost 12 years ago

this story is amazing and terribly sad, i guess i just want to say that i look forward to the next chapter. i guess it might be because it's a true story, but this story almost made me cry. good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

If I understand correctly, Alex and Mark are in their mid- to late 20s, and they're financially independent. They've just gotten engaged and they love each other. After years of hiding from his family, Mark decides that he MUST come out to his parents on his sister's biggest day, come hell or high water. And while he can't have expected things to go well, or he wouldn't have waited for so long, and despite the fact that he is building a new life, one he's so confident about that he actuallly proposes to Alex in a grand romantic gesture and before an audience, he suddenly appears to attempt suicide. At the same time, Alex, who generally keeps in frequent touch with Mark, while concerned that Mark hasn't been in touch, doesn't even text him.

I hope there's a good explanation on the way, because so far this isn't making a whole lot of sense. Also, cliff hangers are fun, but too many of them, and you risk losing readers, because at this point, I don't know how much of their interest is due to them feeling sorry about the bad things happening to your characters and how much is due to them understanding, and thus liking, the characters themselves.

aw350meaw350mealmost 12 years ago
??

I've been patiently waiting for the next chapter but I get a feeling this is going to just be another one of those unfinished stories we find so much on here. I get that life goes on and we all have our own things to deal with but making us wait forever and not knowing when and IF there will be another chapter coming out is too cruel! At least have the decency to update us loyal readers what is going on instead of leaving us wondering what happened to the rest of the story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
More

Wonderful please write more soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
PLEASE MORE

Please write more its a facinating storyline!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous