All Comments on 'Caleb Woke Up Ch. 03'

by McBacon

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Aureola

Not 'aureola.' Should be 'areola' or 'areole,'

McBaconMcBaconalmost 12 years agoAuthor
thanks - areole

I actually looked it up while writing the chapter, and still got it wrong.

Appreciate the feedback. I am looking to improve my writing skills.

This site is like a perverted English writing class.

How many times has that story been done.

The student wrote a paper that was over the line and too hot. The teacher couldn't contain herself. Such passion in his words.

Scotsman69Scotsman69almost 12 years ago
In fact

the singular is 'areola'. The plural is 'areolae'. (The word is Latin.) A dictionary is a wonderful thing, rather neglected by some writers on Lit.

McBaconMcBaconalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks Scotsman69

This seems like just the thing an erotica writer would get good at, like the way a cook is judged by how well the do eggs. OK, so maybe nothing like that.

I used the look up feature in word to find the correct word usage/definition. So as best I can figure, I just need to work on my copy and paste skills (among many other things.)

Scotsman69Scotsman69almost 12 years ago
McBacon

don't trust online guidance if you want to write well. Invest in a good dictionary. Like, a book? Paper and all that. In the UK the Oxford is the best. In the US I don't know, maybe Webster's?

McBaconMcBaconalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Scotsman69 - I respect your dedication.

I will consider your advice.

I have a hard cover Websters that is probably 20 years old, but I am a little more trustworthy of online than you.

MS Word does a look up using Encarta, and it had it right. I just checked. It just doesn't have a copy paste option. Next time I would probably jump to Google to do the look up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
dictonaries

Both Webster and Oxford have a good online dictionary and thesarus that they update regularly. I use both a lot if that could help you out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Nice!

I'm enjoying Caleb's careful development, and the much more exponential development of the females in the story as they fall under the spell of the necklace. Gretchen is a very good bridge for the very naïve Caleb to cross, as he works his way progressively through his sister to his HOT mom. Thank you again!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous