All Comments on 'Melting the Ice'

by JayDavid

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

"I pressed slowly forward until I reached an obstruction" Yet another damn writer on this site that doesn't know where the hymen is, Google it if you don't know, you clearly haven't ever been with a virgin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Grammer

You, my friend, need an editor. I had a hard time reading in some places because the sentences ran on, and on, and on.................................and on. It was a good story though and i wish you all the luck in the world with this contest.

JayDavidJayDavidover 11 years agoAuthor
Grammar

Anonymous, I'll assume your misspelling of Grammar was intentional. Some of sentences were long on purpose to reflect the way the narrator was thinking--long, run on thoughts reflecting his passion and emotions. Glad you liked the story, sorry you didn't like the style.

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantover 11 years ago
Amen, brother

The story was a bit tedious but not objectionable until

"... I pressed slowly forward until I reached an obstruction."

As the previous "Anonymous" stated

"Yet another damn writer on this site that doesn't know where the hymen is, Google it if you don't know, you clearly haven't ever been with a virgin."

Not at all bad advice. I know that the conventions of the genre require that the newly deflowered virgin be multiorgasmic - a good joke, but one I can put up with - but anatomical impossibilities - NO

AverygoodlayAverygoodlayover 11 years ago
Good story

Good story for the most part, but the parts saying if this was a story and not real life got a little tiresome.

I also would like to point out that the Hymen is in fact within 3/4" to 1" inside the Vulva depending on how thick the lips are, and if indeed you ever saw a Hymen it does look like a little red cherry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I actually liked the motif of reminding the reader that this was real life and not a story. It kind of fell over though at the end when Tess and the narrator got married and had three kids which would be completely impossible if youtube had been around when they were both 18.

JayDavidJayDavidover 11 years agoAuthor
OK...

First, as to the hymen issue--I never say how far he pressed forward before hitting it. Let's say he only pressed forward a half inch, OK? If that is your problem with the story, I'm sorry.

As to the "future" issue, I get it. I have a (bad?) habit of setting stories in the present but ending them in the future. This story is structured as a reminiscence. I don't like to predict the future technology, etc. because I will be wrong, and it will detract from the story.

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment.

rabbitfishrabbitfishover 11 years ago
The Hymen

I broke my own hymen with a toy, and the toy was a good 2" in at least (not counting the labia, which added another inch) before it broke. The hymen may be near the entrance, but it's a piece of flesh, and it has some give. Besides, people and their various parts come in lots of different shapes and sizes. Some of these commenters may have "been with a virgin," but their one experience with a virgin doesn't make them experts.

The only part I had a problem with was the guy wanting to break up with the girl because she wouldn't have sex with him, which is kind of a dick move. But when you explained how they had been together for years and made it clear he wasn't just in the relationship for sex, you redeemed the story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Sweet Story

I gave up virginity when I was 12 to my boyfriend (14) who kept pressing me. That was a mistake and clearly not worth it. So, although there were some minor flaws in this story I really enjoyed it. I just hope that if I could turn the clock back, in real life and not in a story (LOL), there would be an Alex in my life who would wait until I was ready.

The two guys who raised the hymen issue obviously knew zilch on the matter, perhaps other than what they read from Google and the author's reply was very apt.

Other than that, I just want to say that not many girls had their cherry popped could achieve orgasm during their first time. My first time was excruciatingly painful; the second time was still painful; and it was until the third time that I felt a little tingling pleasure down there. But then I only had my first time once...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous