All Comments on 'A Ruined Life Ch. 01'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Good Story****

This is such a great read. I am hoping you continue to submit your writings here. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
maybe a 2nd chapter

hope you write a 2nd chapter. would really be nice to see his life play out with Sandy. would like to see his dad realise that Dennis is a real man.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
A very beautiful love story

A sweet story and I enjoyed the read, along with the happy ending.

Well done !

Thanks for the good read...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Cute Story

A great story. I love the innosence of the characters Sandy, and Denis.

Cute ending. He has matured more than his entire family, except maybe his mother.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
ALL THE SINS OF ANY FAMILY if they are sins

dont always fall down to the youngest, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Nice story but

In reality, the mother was just as bad a parent as the father. She forced him to live the life she wanted him to live instead of letting him make his own choices just like his father would have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Lets be perfectly honest here. 95% of men in this situation would have either said no and thrown a fit or ended up resenting their mother for the rest of their life. Not to mention the douchebag father and brothers. Thank the lord I didn't grow up with a family like this. Pretty shitty people actually. Good writing but these people are shitty!

rightbankrightbankabout 11 years ago
beautiful

I loved it. thank you.

it was sew good I was willing to look passed the spelling errors. wink wink

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I understand what the mother was trying to do wich was brilliant, but I think her son could have been a bit more rebelious at the start at least. I also think the job at the hairdressers was too much. And because I think your story idea was very good your writing talent brilliant, is the reason I'm saying all the above, or I wouldn't loose my time writing this or some of the rest of us I guess. Of course I think your spelling is perfect since english isn't my first language :)

thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Anxiously hoping

I am anxiously hoping for a few more chapters where the guy can show that he can be successful as a guy who isn't all about football. Where the dad is proud of him.

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 11 years ago

It would've been nice if his mom asked him if he wanted to do all the things she made him do. Granted most of the things he learned will help him in his future but she didn't take into account that his peers would bully him for it or how he would feel. I wish Denis would've rebelled some but I guess that wasn't the point of the story.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 11 years ago
Great story

Me I don't worry much about spelling and such...yea doing it up proper is good, but we're a bunch of talented amateurs, telling short stories. I thought this story a very good read, with a nice plot, and generally plausible. I'm working through the rest, with pleasure.

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

excellent very romantic

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story. Thankyou for sharing it with us.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
as for the spoken word

MsT, don't let the dribblers of Academic English get to you. Be forced to attend any Higher Education English Department get together and you will discover the reason it's called 'Higher'.

Is that the Deans, Doctorates, Masters, Professors,Instructors nd Assistants are divisible into three groupings.

Drunks, Potheads and Drunken Potheads.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
Calling BS

It makes a cute fairy-tale, but lets hope no one buys into the story. Women may not actually want insensitive pricks, but they do want strong and a little dangerous.

Know how to cook, sew and give fashion advice? As a guy you'll be friend zoned 99 times out of a hundred... I speak of what I know. It was only my training in massage that kept me from being a lonely virgin after I turned fifteen.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
MOST OF THE BS THAT GOES ON IN HIGH SCHOOL

could be answered with ego and jealousy. TK U MLJ LV NV

timlaudertimlauderalmost 9 years ago
Denis

is denice because of denis not his cum slut mom

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Bogus

Less than 1 in 1000 women under the age of 35 want a "sensitive guy" for anything except a "true friend." They are programmed to look for men who are at least a little "macho" or even dangerous..

The wise women -- about 1 in 3 == don't actually want a real asshole, but they don't want a "girly man" either. Well dressed ? Sure. Well mannered ? Yup. A ballet-dancer ? Are you joking ? They would admire his talent, and say "God, that man can dance" but when it comes to doing the nasty ? Don't think so.

Which is a damned shame, since I would presume the sensitive guys would make excellent, attentive lovers. But they're not like to ever have a chance to demonstrate it. Women as a group are as genetically programmed as men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Dear annony knows nothing about what women want! His wife left his sorry ass and took everything that wasn't

nailed down. I gave you a 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
TOO FUNNY

I was NEVER big enough to play most sports, but at 9 years old my mom knew better than to pull the fucking shit this poor wimp went thru!!! This my friends is NOT the way to turn an ok guy into a MAN! little girls may disagree...WHAT A PUSSY WIMP!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Not done??????

Seriously? All lined up for a spectacular finish and you walked away from it????

Come on finish the story!

joshprimjoshprimover 7 years ago
Loved the story - Hated the title

Great story - I wished I'd written it. It's both funny and romantic. I do wish that the author had done a little more proofreading before submitting it though.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
Loved it!

When his brothers have had their second ACL surgery and third divorce he will be be finishing his MFA looking forward to a long, healthy, and happy life.

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 7 years ago
Those who made obnoxious comments...

And hide behind anonymity are the real pussies!

TSreaderTSreaderabout 7 years ago
A great start...

I can't wait to start the next chapter! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well Now

Who knew Moms were so smart. Denis, if he wants it, will probably get more strange in college than his brothers could dream of in their whole lives. So I guess the joke’s on Dad and the brothers. They’ll probably figure it out in twenty years or so. Very nice story, MSTarot, I can’t wait to get into the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
You had me at the title

Came for the title, Stayed for the wonderful, eloquently put story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WOW

I can't even imagine being that much of a wimp to let your mother run your life. So what your not going to be a dumb big bruser football player. Pick something you want NOT MOMMA!!! Total WIMP story 1 star

roveroneroveroneover 3 years ago

interesting premise...way slow but will read next chapter -hope Christmas is spectacular...

needs an editor big time-really hard to follow in a cpl of places

PartlyPartlyabout 3 years ago

Kind of a counterpoint to Roverone’s too slow comment. I’m quite happy with the pace and this is quite enjoyable. That does not make the too slow comment wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I admit I doubted early in the story, but by the ending I was convinced. Trust me, you doubting Thomcats, this guy is gonna get more attention from women than most guys could even dream of. It may seem a little foppish at the time. but I’m pretty sure this guy’s mother is gonna be his very best friend. I liked this story a lot. In fact,

5 stars worth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is adorable :)

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I stopped reading after he was being driven to his first lesson. What, where and what planet is a male child into football just follows along with ballet? No fight, no bitching no nothing?

It's not written in neither a real sense or fantasy.

WillmottWillmott7 months ago

Didn't read. Hives of disgust interrupted as soon as I read about a spineless mc.

MeanderlwcMeanderlwc3 months ago

His mother is more manipulative than the father. At no point was there ever consideration of what he wanted. Just go along with it until you are brainwashed and accept it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous