All Comments on 'The Nurse'

by Fanny_Bancroft

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
deliciousthoughtsdeliciousthoughtsover 11 years ago
straight to the point

hi Fanny... I've just added my 5 stars to the mix.

I like the way you cut out the frills and get straight to the experience. It works for you :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I know this story would do well just like this and on its own, but...

oh ... i would really love to see them again..

thank you for sharing your talent

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Written by one who may have been there

Faany's right, cancer is a lonely business, and sometimes just the touch of a hand can rock your world and leave some sunshine in its place. Thank you.

Isadora_WinglessIsadora_Winglessover 11 years ago
A Great Read

Truly an enjoyable read . You're spot on about cancer. Normal on the outside, but some type of cosmic joke at the cell atomic composition level.

I'm more of a romantic and like the slow build up of a relationship, but I found your wordsmithing delightful, and captivating.

Thank you for posting.

V/R

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
profound

This story reminds us what sex is really for: human contact.

It reminds me -- and clarifies why I'm still so attached, mentally, to my first love, after 30 years have rolled by: because the experience of being with her took me out of the world of lonliness, coldness and feeling cut off from everyone around me, and brought me into a world of warm human love and acceptance. She taught me that my body was beautiful and attractive, and that, therefore, I was attractive.

When I was 10, I was in an abusive situation for 9 months. I was convinced that I was ugly and worthless. In the years that followed, i did bad in school, had few friends, and had a generally pessimistic view of the world.

When I was 18, the most beautiful girl in the world walked into the pizza place that I was working in. I looked at her. She looked at me. I smiled at her. She smiled at me.

Throughout our lovely summer romance, she taught me how to kiss, how to touch and how to love: both how to love someone, which was easy enough, but also that I was lovable, which was more difficult to accept.

"So this nurse, with her touching me and looking at me and leaning her forehead against mine--I am not feeling cut off, not from anything. Not from her, and not from my body. I wiggle myself forward a little bit, and she responds to that by stepping right in between my open legs. Just that, just feeling her standing there, solid, between my thighs--it brings me back into the world."

She reminded you that you are lovable.

Never forget that. Hang on to that forever.

sexykitten123sexykitten123over 11 years ago

Really sweet and very sensual! ^^ I love it

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wonderful story

Oh and what I love is that it's not dragged out to be a long and-then-this-and-then-that novel. I love snapshots that you can relate to - even if you haven't been ill, are male and never would hit on a nurse at the doctor's....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This was great, you're spot on about cancer. You can't stop thinking about it. Great story, short and perfect.

snowwalker2012snowwalker2012over 11 years ago
Great Story

Since I'm presently trying to live through my own version of hell, this connected at a number of levels. Thank you for giving me a voice.

I look for to more stories. Until then, you have my continued

Best Regards,

Ralph

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The Nurse

i have lived through cancer and your story is spot on, and went on to be amazing. thank you.

gotranegotraneabout 8 years ago
So Endearing!

I love it! Such a wonderful little story! Such great expressions of feelings, both verbal and emotional . We, simply, must have, at least, a sequel, if not a series. Either way, keep writing and we'll most certainly keep reading!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous