All Comments on 'The Strength a Costume Brings'

by RedHairedandFriendly

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Slut

Crap shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Slut - Crap - Shit??

I do like to see an intelligent and reasoned comment. Then at least I know that the author has been criticized by someone as literate as themselves. But maybe 'slut crap shit' doesn't quite do it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I liked it

How many readers support the opposite scenario (Woman cheats, man hooks up with another more deserving)? Obviously this woman married a man-whore and just woke up to that fact a little late. Hopefully she doesn't use this knowledge to justify similar behaviour and went to Chad for more then a quick shag.

newjaynenewjayneover 11 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable!

I know I bang on about it a bit - but deception is the most destructive thing imaginable in a marriage. I ftwo people want an open relationship, married or not, I have no problem with it: it's their choice and as long as everyone involved is okay with it, that's the way it should be - freedom of choice is sacrosanct as long as no one gets hurt by it.

But deception - as depicted in this story - hurts people and it hurts them very badly. You've managed to convey a lot of that through the thoughts words and deeds of Seanna - and your writing is very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I hate cheaters

if one cheats they should be dumped if they both cheat while married no matter who does it first they are both cheaters. Get divorced and move on respect yourself if not your next spouse or husband most likely will not respect you if they find out.

If i found out my spouse cheated on their previous one i would lose alot of respect and trust in them. I would then trust but verify and if i found any wrong doing or affection towards another person i would file for a divorce.

Reality bites when a person has pride and stands by it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Divorce should be the only option in this story. The wife deserves so much better than the asshole she is married to.

Zed56Zed56over 11 years ago
Cheaters Deserve.....

Nothing! Well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
people dont think

two wrongs do not make a right.. she shouild have hired a P.I. got the evidence and take him to the cleaners especially if they live in a at fault state..so hoe else could this end. a divorce is inivitable

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good job

Hi, I'm intrigued by this story; can't wait to read more. I think in a couple of instances you put "Chad" where you meant to have "Jefferson"....the neighbor says at one point 'Chad is an idiot'.

Thanks, update soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

The comment "Chad was an idoit" was not a mistake; it was a self-reflection. Well written. However, the "farm girl" would not know enough not to go to the neighbor's house, as this would reduce the amount she would get in her divorce settlement.

RjThoughtsRjThoughtsover 11 years ago
Well Done

Can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good tale

Most doubtful part - Halloween and she doesn't include a mask? Depended on some makeup a costume-store clerk worked on? Next - Only other person who MIGHT recognize her is in the same bar (and does, even when Hubby doesn't)! Also, a long stretch. Stupid move if she has NO plan, equally stupid if she wants to score some strange salami.

Stupidest move? Already mentioned...she has NO documentation, whereas Hubby can quickly get evidence on Sweetie and her feckless Bull-2-be, Chad!

4* (1/2 point for ID-page lip action)

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Not Bad

Time to start the revenge on the cheating asshole husband.

ALL CHEATERS SHOULD DIE

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Story!!!!!

Great piece of story telling no blood no gut just plain old human emotions. Thanks for a great read.

SalamisSalamisover 11 years ago
A feeling well told

You set the mood, captured her angst, and heralded her freedom. This story I thoroughly enjoyed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Name screw ups made it hard to follow

The costume shop clerk's name was Natalie. When the wife enters the bar, suddenly Michael's wife (Melanie) becomes Natalie. Several times.

When Chad says, "Chad's an idiot," it was not self- reflection. He meant Jefferson. Proof is that later Chad says, "And if Chad..." meaning Jefferson.

The story is OK, but it shouldn't be that tough to keep a couple names straight in a 2 pager

forfun44forfun44over 11 years ago
A Great story!

A great start to a good 2nd part...hopfully a 2nd part. Other than getting a couple of names mixed up, the story line is good. I hope we're going to get another part to this story..

lovetopleasewomenlovetopleasewomenover 11 years ago
Great story!

Interesting the parallels and probable parallels.

Jim44444Jim44444over 11 years ago
Thanks for the great story

Another fun tale from Red. I did not see any name screw ups but maybe you fixed them (or I am oblivious). I give it a five. Why do the idiots who hate "cheating" read loving wives category? Why call her a "slut" but not him? Stupid double standard.

EesomeBeastieEesomeBeastieover 11 years ago
Scene changes a problem

I enjoyed the story and you caught the bitter part of the bitter-sweet tone in a ‘loving wives’ category story. I did feel the story ended too soon, though. Not because it finished before she had sex but because it finished before she had a chance to come through this and grow as a person. Also, the scenes change from home to office then back to car threw me. You might consider using an extra blank line or row of asterisks to indicate a break.

maddictmaddictabout 9 years ago
Actually

Good for her. At least she has a nice neighbor.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Accomplished

Obviously, you are an accomplished author, but I don't think LW is your groove.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Good story

I really liked this one, slow realisation of what Seanna suspects, his arrogant disregard of discretion, the disguise that hubby can’t see through but the kindly admiring neighbour can, makes for an entertaining scenario. Seanna clearly can’t stay with Jefferson ... both now aware of what he's been getting up to ... and both aware that the marriage is over. She's fairly unsophisticated, far from home and from a completely different life, and likely to have little in the way of her own resources. It doesn’t seem that she works or childcares for her well-set-up hubby. He has hinted that having a stay at home country bride, who he can dominate, adds a frisson to his many affairs. Seanna can at least trust Chad, she had admitted to him that, although she briefly thought about seeking a one night stand tonight, she soon changed her mind and now knows that Chad is gentleman enough to protect her tonight without abusing her. The last thing on her mind is any division of assets in a divorce, she only wants a safe haven from where she can make a new start. Whether that will be with Chad is another matter, but the promise is there. Good thought provoking and entertaining above average LW tale.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous