All Comments on 'Rory and Sebastian Ch. 15'

by sebastiando

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 11 years ago
That is so wrong

I can understand what Rory did but no I think they should have been stronger and hey there is another guilty party here... why should Ross and his on/off boyfriend even get away with what he did I bet they didn't suffer the way these two have and their relationship is stronger, hence why they don't break up the way Ross and his cohort do and make it a game ffs...

I can only hope that neither of them see anyone else in these 18 months and that this break makes them both stronger about themselves... we will see

HeifelHeifelover 11 years ago

So sad right now! But with Rorys picture of him self I somehow understand his decission about not being able to have this hanging over his head, while being apart from Seb. I just hope they/you came out stronger at the other end:-)

I love the way you write. It's very captive and personel. Keep it up! Looking forward for the next part of your life.

fie77fie77over 11 years ago
pfff....

I absolutely love this story. The characters arevery real, and so are their problems. I am genuinly sad now..Please post the next chapter soon, so I can shake this melancholy! ;)

metajinxmetajinxover 11 years ago

Most realistic break up ever. I can totally relate to Rory's feelings right there, cheating does something to you that just can't be fixed by a few apologies and hysteria.

avidreadravidreadrover 11 years ago

So sad, but maybe some time apart is what they need. Rory really needs to learn how to cope with all his insecurities and both boys need to just grow up. I think - I hope - they'll find each other again and the love will still be there.

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08over 11 years ago

I both applaud Rory's decision and think the consequences were too harsh for the 'crime'. It appears as if Rory had developed a codependent relationship on Sebastian, and in that context, they needed to be apart so he could come to terms with living for himself and becoming stronger. On the other hand, Sebastian's alcohol use seems to be pretty well-known by everyone. His 7-second response to Ross could be firmly established in how long it took him, in his inebriated state, to realize that a) he was kissing someone, b) it wasn't Rory, c) make the decision to stop and d) do so. I too hope neither of them find others in the meantime because they are the love of each other's lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This is soooo bad cos I can't cry with my mum right in front of me...I completely understand Rory's position on this matter...I know the image of your love kissing someone else can be on instant replay in your mind and it's hard to stop that. Love your writing and I can't wait for the next episode :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Cliff Girl, I know what you mean about the break up seeming OTT for what Seb did but he's off to uni where there'll be alcohol flowing freely and lots of guys experimenting with their sexuality. Rory now feels he can't trust Seb when he's been drinking and for the entire time at university Rory will be panicking about whether Seb's up to no good becuase the trust between them has already been broken. It was the only decision he could make without turning himself into a permenant neurotic mess.

Sad but don't panic guys, sebastiando already given us plenty of clues that they get their HEA.

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago
What a pair of drama queens

Such useless agony and silly separation over a drunken kiss. Honestly ! I can see why Rory would be upset and Sebastian feel guilty, but to me the reasons are all wrong. Rory should be livid that some conniving guy assaulted and abused his boyfriend. Lewis didn't even fancy Sebastian, he just took advantage of the fact that he was a handsome, drunk gay. And yes Sebastian should feel guilty about upsetting Rory, but less for the kiss than because he acted so immaturely in getting drunk, and not telling Rory what had happened immediately, and for falling apart over such a silly thing.

I'm not saying that the incident could be forgotten or forgiven without consequences, espcially considering Rory's problems. But a break-up and an 18 month separation - sorry that's OTT for me too. Oh well, hopefully Rory will get some more therapy and Sebastian will mature, so that the break-up at least served a purpose. Otherwise I think I'll get fed up with this story, and that would be sad, cause I've liked it very much so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Broken hearted

I think my heart just broke right along side of Sebastian's and Rory's. :(

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08over 11 years ago

Anon, I know there is a HEA ending, which the author has alluded to several times. However, with Rory's frame of mind- also referred to in earlier chapters as still in the healing process- another boyfriend, especially on Sebastian's part, could make a reconciliation more difficult. The point I was trying to make is that Sebastian has a drinking problem and Rory has self-image and co-dependency issues, and new boyfriends will only compound their troubles.

BlueOleanderBlueOleanderover 11 years ago

All the foreshadowing that this would not be a happy chapter and I am still left crying for the boys.

Thanks for sharing your gift with us! This is truly one of my favorite stories on this site.

LaVieErotiqueLaVieErotiqueover 11 years ago
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sebastiando? You have just produced the most exquisitely beautiful piece of writing. Forget the nay sayers. This is first rate, first class writing; stacks of angst, introspection, heartbreak. I don't think the boys separating was an over reaction; I could see this coming in the last chapter, because you write with depth and intuition. They surely need this space of time apart, to come together again stronger and healed. That's what people do in real life, they behave in ways that perplex, infuriate and confuse. Oh, I cannot find the words, which is unusual for me. Thank you once again for sharing this beautiful, beautiful, heart breaking story.

DreamrealDreamrealover 11 years ago
Ridiculous

This story just took a turn for pathetic. You turn a stupid drinking kiss into an over dramatic episode. I stopped caring for the story and the characters.

sebastiandosebastiandoover 11 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the comments! At the distance of a few years, in my 20s, it does seem like a thing that a more mature couple could get over. But to be clear, the characters are 18 years old and Rory is just beginning to sort himself out, in terms of confidence. High school relationships are inclined to be a bit dramatic, obviously, but it's also psychologically inconsistent to think that someone like Rory - who agonizes over how his shirt looks on the way to school or who freaks out about his appearance - wouldn't read a huge amount into something like his boyfriend kissing another guy. And, yes, the going to college context changed everything. They're about to embark on 3-4 years of their lives, during which they won't even be living in the same city.

I knew some people would be annoyed by Rory's decision, but I'd like to be clear that it's not mine. It's not something I'd personally do at the age of twenty-nine. It's a character, who's 18, growing up, adjusting and trying to make the right decisions. This isn't an exemplum. It's a story.

This story is planned to run for at least 5 or 6 more installments, maybe a few more. And the next will be of Sebastian's time in college. There'll be some random hook-ups and personal maturing. I'm trying to keep this story as realistic as possible and that means fuck-ups, debatable decisions, bad decisions and time spent apart.

Thank you to everyone who commented. Positive or intelligent critique is honestly appreciated, even if it isn't always agreed with, just as much as the congratulations. Honestly. There are some great writers on this site and to have their feedback is awesome. Thank you all for taking the time to read this story and the other installments. I've been touched and really surprised at how well it's been received. Thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Why?

So i knew they were going to break up and still i cried. Why are all the stories I've been reading/following this year making me cry this month? It only the 10th . . . on another note thanks for the update and fabulous writing as always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I know it was long ago in my life but in high school everything was huge

Hugely big or hugely dramatic. So while this seems crazy, to that duo, this is a believable way for this to happen. Also, at that age, who didn't make some poor choices? LOVE the story and I will enjoy following it as it goes on.

jamaicanboo00jamaicanboo00over 11 years ago
Nooo!!!

I believe Rory made the right decision for a number of reasons that people have already mentioned. That said, I'm positively devastated!!! I keep reminding myself that they're not over for good. I can't imagine them with other people, especially Rory. Seb is his first everything that matters. This chapter has left me so anxious, I can't wait for the next installment. Great job sebastiando. I'm deeply invested in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Heartbreaking

I can't believe I just read all this in one sitting!!!! I simply loooovvvvveeeee this story! I can't wait for the next chapters, but please don't take long since I'm so into this series! Haha I love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago
Wait a minute

You want us to believe that a guy who freaked out on hearing about a casual relationship his boyfriend had before they were together, and who left the love of his life over a kiss he got when he was too drunk to think, that this guy will actually be OK with the fact that Sebastian has had casual hook-ups while they have been apart. Just buy into this thing about how being apart and have separate experiences will make them appreciate what they have together more. I cannot believe that of the Rory you have portrayed with such great skill.

Oh and by the way I totally loved the way you changed our perception of Virginia. So cool. I hope she'll feature in the rest of the story too,

adjoaqadjoaqover 11 years ago
WTF

All this for just a KISS????? Amazing!

sebastiandosebastiandoover 11 years agoAuthor

Hi TimothyM. Well, it's planned in the story that by the time they do meet again, they'll both have grown up a little, so Rory won't be quite as highly-strung or vulnerable as he is now. Moving the characters on and growing them up has actually been a challenge, but a fun one, in terms of writing.

And in relation to the kiss comments, I have to say I know plenty of people who'd be as upset by any kind of physical cheating - even if it's 'just' a kiss. Rory's one of them. And, again, he's in high school. That kind of thing really does matter. And maybe it always should?

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago
Fair enough

Well, if anyone can make it believable, it would be you. But Rory's therapist must be able to work miracles :-)

Anyway I hope you take it as a compliment that we all get upset and shout no,no,no. It's a tribute to your skills as a writer that we have come to care so deeply for your characters and cannot stand for them to be unhappy.

sebastiandosebastiandoover 11 years agoAuthor

That was a very nice comment, Timothy. Thank you - I appreciate it very much. And I'm blown away by the responses, really. It's incredible. Thank you.

CarriegirlCarriegirlover 11 years ago
hmmm.

I actually read the story last night but I had to digest it a little before commenting. I adore this story. In a way, I am glad this happened. I just don't think they would make it together where they are now. It really hurt though to see them break up. I think back of all the shows I have watched where people break up and do dummy things, such as Queer as Folk ( the us. version) where Brian and Justin don't get together forever but it all works out in the end. I check every day for updates to this story because I want to see what happens next. I hope you have the next chapter close to ready because I don't want to wait anymore. Also, something you said in an earlier comment made a lot of sense about how you are keeping this story fairly close to real. I admire that. I think the pacing of this story is just lovely and flows so nicely. I also hope you have another story in your pocket too for when we run out of this one... I don't even want to consider that! EEK! :o)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
ooookay

you shud have made sebastian sexually cheat because 1) more drama and 2) it doesn't seem too believable that even Rory wud be sooooo distraught over a 7 second kiss and feel like his life is over. I know he has body issues but he also has MAJOR maturity and dignity

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
just curious

I was just wondering Sebastiando how did you come up with this story? is it like something you experience? its just an amazing story and was wondering if its purely fiction or is it based on a true story? anyways i love this story and cant wait to see how you would present Rory and Sebastian as grown up characters and how they would meet! im guessing maybe sebastian might become a professional rugby player but i dont know what Rory might be like, maybe a lawyer lol . Keep writing! :))))

LaVieErotiqueLaVieErotiqueover 11 years ago
Had to, a second time round.........

I've just been joyously dipping - again - into the other chapters on this series. Bliss. By the way, I had wondered whether you would bring up the Michael Suzette thing, and you did. Oh, Sebastiando, you are clever, clever!! I have nothing else to say for the moment except three little words:

Love Your Writing

x

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Bravo!!

This series is tremendous. I start wishing for each new installment before I finish reading the current one. Please write quickly - I want to see our boys get past this!

ladymaryladymaryover 11 years ago
Exhausted

I never ever cried so much over a story! Usually I like some drama in a story; cheating, breaking up, making up… but this was so hard for me to read I had to stop for a few days and rest. I guess it's probably because the boys are so real to me :)

You are truly amazing Sebastiando

ladymaryladymaryover 11 years ago
LaVieErotique

So excited to see you comment on this story!! You and Sebastiando are my favorite writers on this site and the fact that you enjoy this story too makes me really happy for some reason :)

unfinished_businessunfinished_businessover 11 years ago
Oh dear

I do hope you get the next chapter up soon! Even with the knowledge that they'll be together again, I am in such suspense at the how and why and when of it all. Love this story, and your writing.

emo_chaosemo_chaosover 11 years ago
Great work

Loved this journey you've taken your readers on! I do hope there's a glimps of happiness for them by the end of it, but it's flowed so well. The whole story is believable and full of every emotion you go thru in all realationships. So bravo!

LilithxLilithxover 11 years ago
Please post another chapter!

I totally love this story and I can't wait for the next chapter! I keep checking back to see if it's been put up yet. I hope that the wait won't be that much longer!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

As quickly as it had appeared, his anger vanished and he began hysterically crying. He began stroking my cheek that he'd struck and trying to cuddle in towards me. "Is it because I didn't go to Dominic's? Or because I spent so much time working for the exams? I'm sorry, Sebastian. I didn't mean to ignore you. I didn't mean to! I can be better. I won't do it again. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I wasn't good enough to you, but I won't do it again. I didn't tell you that I believed we could stay together enough in university enough. No matter which ones we go to! I can lose more weight for you. I can

get better looking. I can be better for you. I won't nag you anymore. Or tease you. I won't... I won't annoy you. I'll be better at sex. I will. I promise, Sebastian. Please, please."

OMG i cried over this part it was so sad and real

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Was that really cheating?

It was a kiss. A drunken one with a guy he did not know and he immediately realized his mistake. Ross deserves to get his ass beat for opening his big mouth!

SexySariSisterSexySariSisterover 11 years ago

So beautiful. So sad. So real. Part of me wants Rory to just say, 'you were drunk, it doesn't matter' but with the things he's dealing with that wouldn't work out. Please post again soon. I'm dying.

sebastiandosebastiandoover 11 years agoAuthor

Thank you so much, everyone, for all those incredible comments! It's made writing this an even more enjoyable experience. I've been off traveling, which is why there's been a delay, but - part 16 of 'Rory and Sebastian' will be posted in a couple of days!

All the comments and complements have been appreciated. They're overwhelming. Thank you!

markster21markster21over 11 years ago

I LOVE THIS STORY. YOU HAVE TO POST AGAIN SOON. I WANT RORY AND SEB TO GET BACK TOGETHER RIGHT NOW.

LifoLifoabout 11 years ago
Is that even cheating

Come the fucking on!Thats not so cheating it was Roz excuse 4 breaking up

JustenoughtimeJustenoughtimealmost 11 years ago
NO!!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Do u plan on finishing this?

I hope so it's an awesome read

sm1982sm1982over 9 years ago
Ugh fuck Virginia..

and fuck that argument she gave Sebastian about Rory needing to know about one of his exes..they never discussed each others exes except for Josh..hopefully Rory grows stronger/realizes one kiss while being drunk off your ass isn't as serious as he made it out to be..

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How tf is that cheating? Seb pushed him off and told him no and it was Ross who kissed him

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I understand Rory here. With the way sebastian slept around before he dated Rory, anyone would be stressed over dealing with a LDR. Seb actually kisses him back for a while but pushed him away because he’s actively meeting and going out wth Rory. Imagine he didn’t have that for a long time (which happens in LDR) and he misses rory but to forget he goes to college party and gets drunk. I’m almost certain that he would cheat with someone desperate to forget the feeling of missing Rory.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous