All Comments on 'A Gift From His Father Ch. 08'

by Absolutelywickedthoughts

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
a few changes

Torture not torcher; he tortured the poor girls with pleasure.

Sight not site; the sight of their faces was beautiful. The construction site was growing.

Just watch your grammar and spelling a bit more and keep writing. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved it

I loved it!

EndOfStoryEndOfStoryover 11 years ago
Editor, editor and yet again editor

Please, your stories have so much potential. I'm sorry that I have to say this (again). But your current presentation is so many levels below your stories it's sad :/

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great story

Great story,,, please keep them coming

YediYediover 11 years ago
more

please post faster if possible weeks without are too long

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very nice keep them comming!

I like your story a lot!

Please keep posting!

It has big potential!

C_frommnC_frommnover 11 years ago
I Agree

With all of the comments so Far too long between postings,very good story,and keep writing.

RedJohnnyRedJohnnyover 11 years ago
Fun read but getting confusing

I'm enjoying the story, and I appreciate the amount of time it takes to write something like this. The twists associated with the nature of the ring are creative.

You've now got so many characters and story lines moving that it's difficult to keep track of who's who (or "whom" to satisfy the grammar sticklers). During intermediate chapters of a story you need to be careful to provide enough plot movement that you have everything in place for the conclusion, but not jump through threads so quickly that the readers get confused. Some signposting might help.

As someone else mentioned, there are some typos and diction issues that more careful editing would catch (and some of them would be caught by the spelling/grammar check function in MS Word).

Finally, despite the quick seizure of control by the other occupant of the ring, and the interaction with his family, this is starting to feel too easy for the protagonist - like so many of the MC stories that have no risk or complications. This story has too much potential for you to let it go that way.

This story has been a fun read so far and it has good potential. These comments are intended to help not to discourage, and, as with many of the other commenters, I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

RedJohnny

AbsolutelywickedthoughtsAbsolutelywickedthoughtsover 11 years agoAuthor
Feedback

Thanks for the feedback. I am taking all into consideration. Interesting comments on "signposting". I can see how it works in academic writing, haven't found any examples yet on how to use in creative writing.

Always looking to improve!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Editing

You need to self-edit or get an editor. "contingency" not "contentiously," for example. If you don't recognize this kind of mistake when you self-edit, you need an outside editor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Editing et alia

Hey I love this story but the typo errors and others mentioned by others are rather annoying. BUT whatever keep writing and to hell with grammatical stuff so we can enjoy your story without to long a time gap between chapters. Saludos.

camo1980camo1980over 11 years ago

Really like the story who you continue it for some time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Small Suggestion

Your story is really great and I love how you jump from one person to the next, but if you could put a break when you are changing view points that would make reading the story a little easier

Mr WolfMr Wolfover 11 years ago
Pointers?

As previously mentioned look to get an Editor just to pick up on your grammer / spellings etc. With regards changing from person to person look at how some of the other authors have addressed this issue and see if their solutions work for you.

I am looking forward to the continuing saga of Jonathan Smith so please keep posting.

SoharaSoharaover 11 years ago
Good story Keep it up

You do need and editor but don't be too concerned about that. It's merely technical detail. What matters is that you are a good storyteller. Stay with it and build on what you've done

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great story!

Please go on with this story!

SethitbSethitbover 11 years ago
Nice

Keep up the great story

terry378terry378over 11 years ago
mixed and muddles a bit

Fantastic, but what ever happened to the story of the bank manager from the beginning of the series!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
keep writing

Good stories. I can not write stories like you can. An editior can help catch when you have a word that sound the same but is spelled different then the one you wanted.

again that is technical, enjoy the stories keep writing.

animeturtleanimeturtleabout 10 years ago
Typos

You had some typos but the story was still good.

teach1965teach1965over 9 years ago

I've stuck with you through this whole series, but...I wish you would get spelling and grammar edited, and...lay off so much masturbation. You seem to have a wealth of knowledge, and that alone has kept my interest. This whole series could be turned into a book, but "torcher" for "torture"...please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
you really need a good editor for your work

As you have written - the stories are quite good but suffer so much from the typos and other grammatical mistakes it becomes almost more of a challenge to read

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
Dear Absolutely

Please go back and read your first chapter.

What you are now posting is not a continuation of that story.

It may be interesting to some of your readers, but, it is a serious disappointment to the rest of us. And slogging through your many spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors is becoming tedious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Jumping on the bandwagon

So, I have to leave a quick note to say that after seven interesting parts I'm abandoning this series without beginning the eighth. I jumped to the comments section to see if the author was still struggling with grammatical errors, etc. and was dismayed to discover that remained the case. As such, I can't continue with the story as the process of mentally editing as I go has become too much of a chore.

OnyxShadowOnyxShadowabout 9 years ago
Disagreement with other comments.

I notice the spelling and grammar errors when the come along (LOL at "torcher"). However, they don't really bother me too much. Its not so bad that I can't understand what the author intended to say without stumbling over it too much.

I'm just glad John hasn't been possessed by another dorky psychopath like a few chapters ago. Then I really would have to quit the series.

charleswoodworkercharleswoodworkeralmost 9 years ago
Errors

Like many other readers, I find so many errors that it takes away from a good story. Try reading it aloud, that will catch most of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
EDITOR

This is a great series, but an editor is badly needed. Due to the continued, spelling, and grammar errors I cannot give this better than a 3.

deltonaman2mandeltonaman2manabout 8 years ago
Torcher?

Is that slang for an arsonist? Sometimes this great story is TORTURE to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Outstanding

I find this interesting and amusing. Yes there are some spelling errors, but they happens when you have so much to say and you don't want to loose it. Thanks looking forward to the rest of the story.

jmkuehnjmkuehnover 7 years ago
Another awesome installment!

Love, I mean love the sisters play time. Definitely need more of that. Perhaps with their toy collection.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Coors Lite?

Why on earth would anyone with that much power drink Coors Lite? Seriously this is borderline immersion breaking. I really like the story but that's just bloody odd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
DD

You would think with the ability to fuck any women you want, you'd get tired of making them all look the same. Seriously do you believe the only attractive women in the world have DD's and bubble butts? It gets a little clichéd after a while.

jkthekatjkthekatover 7 years ago
nag nag nag

Yeah the editing is almost not there and the author is a titty baby who drinks lite beer, but unless you are looking for non-fiction entertainment, this is pretty a good fantasy

story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
For future reference:

Torture, not torcher

Shuddered, not shuttered. Good story; with a nice mix of plot and hot. (:

notsooldpervertnotsooldpervertover 6 years ago
A to DD

A real tit man likes all sizes, not just huge ones. I see a lot of comments on the torcher vs torture mistake. I would like to add that it's contingency plans not contentiously (which I'm not sure is an actual word).

To those who complained that he chose lite beer, don't forget he makes his girls almost compulsively healthy eaters. They will probably appreciate his thoughtfulness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Beer

Lets get John some better beer than Coors lite. I don't mind jumping from thread to thread, but how about marking the change?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I Agree

Better beer would be good but I guess all underage drinkers don't know or care about quality... LOL... separation between jumps also needed.

The other bothersome item is the unrealistic scenarios. The threesome in the doctors office made no sense and John wasn't there so there was no magic performed. Unless a woman's breasts are 4 feet long there is no way a woman can rest her breasts on the back of the person who has their head in her crotch. Physically impossible. Same goes for the woman being able to grab the guys groin while he is licking away, again, unless her arms were 7-8 feet long.

You may consider this a small issue but combined with the enormous amount of spelling, grammar and incoherent sentences, it really distracts from the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Some Better

...but the language usage (grammar, plus spelling, plus use of incorrect words) is quite distracting. And your hero is doing some very intrusive things to the other characters, things that will make their futures dramatically different, and they are in no condition to accede to voluntarily. Scary, somehow.

mlf4umlf4uabout 2 years ago

I don't know, I simply don't know what to think. I don't want to destroy you but you're writing skills suck

Tili2Tili2almost 2 years ago

These stories are just incredible. I was going to wait till the end to tell you but all I can do is fret about how they might be coming to an end. Love how you make me feel. It’s almost like I’m already under your spell. Still hoping you will write me. Lingering kissessssss

Chris7swChris7swalmost 2 years ago

Your spelling is such a joke! Took me a while to realise what you meant when you wrote "torcher unsuspecting people..." TORTURE - for heaven's sake! And this is just the first page.

Reading your stories is really hard work at times.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

Besides the dropped words, grammar mistakes, tense mistakes, and some completely wrong words, this chapter progressed the story rather well. although it was a bit scary at times, about how much he is re-shaping people both physically and mentally, ... that is really powerful and our 18-year-old main character is trying to be responsible, ... it is a slippery slope, ... makes for good reading though, as does all the sex, ... it is a good story, give us more, thank you! ;-) TTFN

NevadidNevadidover 1 year ago

Despite what some people have said, your writing skills don't suck as you've crafted an interesting story that obviously gets people involved. Where your skills do fall down however is the use of grammar and context and that is frustrating your readers, including me. Plus, what is the deal with the left breast all the time? Most women have two but you in all 8 chapters so far you always reference the left breast, the left nipple.

Do yourself a favour and get an editor. It will take your writing to the next level.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I agree your tales are compelling, but grammar stinks!

I keep on reading though.

Bill S.

blackknight314blackknight31410 months ago

Good job, thanks for sharing your work!

Reading_is4funReading_is4fun8 months ago

Love this story… but yeah English is at times a problem… thanks for writing and sharing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous