All Comments on 'Aria'

by Acktion

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not Bad, but...

I thought the actual sex was the least erotic part of the story, oddly enough.

oldwoodbutcheroldwoodbutcherover 11 years ago
Nice story

I liked the story. Just one comment -- at the end she mentioned she was hurt but nothing about how. She wasn't in the accident since she didn't know about it until later. Maybe you can edit the story to clarify -- unless I missed something.

AverygoodlayAverygoodlayover 11 years ago
Very sweet story

A sweet story but very sad that she found the love of her life only to lose it.

If I read it right she tried to take her own life and that's how she found out she was pregnant.

AcktionAcktionover 11 years agoAuthor
Oops.

Thank you for these wonderful comments about Laura's story. I'm afraid Oldwoodbutcher that she is a bit shy about that phase she went through after finding out he died. The phrase "tried to follow him" and alluding to the stiffness of the tendons of her wrist where she had cut them in her suicide attempt was as much as she was comfortable allowing me to say. Perhaps in "Aria Reprise" her twin children will be a little more... open and forthright about their song(s).

I can't wait to find out myself. *wink*

ttom76ttom76over 11 years ago
Excellent

Erotic as in sex only, No. Romantic as in love that doesn't die, Yes. I loved how you wove music throughout the story, as her motivating force. I did catch the reference to her attempt to end her life. You weaved a spell here that made me happy and sad and I'll remember more than a few moments.

Thanks

Suite21menSuite21menover 11 years ago
The Music Rules!

Loved this story told from a musicians soul!

At least that is what I felt in reading this while 'preparing' for an improvisational piano performance today. Your words describing her playing influenced my notes played at that performance! In a good way!

Thank you for this wonderful, albeit sad, story.

AcktionAcktionover 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you Ttom and Suite

Music has always moved me. The one thing that has always bothered me was that it had to end. What I tried to achieve here, what, from your comments, I did achieve, was that bittersweetness when the music fades away to silence, but the memory of it goes on.

Alot of my other work passes erotic and begins sliding towards pornographic in the sexual intimacies, but Laura, possessing her musical soul, just could not quite bring herself to be quite that explicit, choosing to couch her fondest memory in the terms of the music that was her second love and her solace.

Thank you for taking the time to read, vote, and let me know how I did with your comments.

And, the orchestra is practicing their next piece as we speak. *wink*

FaithWhiteFaithWhiteover 10 years ago
Thanks i think

I'm crying. Very moving story. It might be sleep deprivation and hormones but that was a beautiful story. You truly have a gift.

OleguyOleguyalmost 10 years ago
Category choices.

I couldn't make up my mind whether this lovely story deserved 'Romance' or 'First Time'.

Hell it was pure enough to fit both categories.

Loved it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAcktion@Acktion
80 Followers
Old enough to know better and young enough to say "what the fuck" and do it anyway. After a brief hiatus due to health concerns, back to try to see if I can learn how to set these combinations of fantasy and memory to print. While some works touch on memory perhaps more than...